• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Well, I'm not the owner, but Kai, the owner, is always happy to get new members. ;D

Which do you like more, Latios or Latias?

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Hi maddy :3

Ha, veteran members make us sound so old. D:

Spam is bad, kids!

WHOAAAAAAA
    Gekijōban Poketto Monsutā Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Ratiasu to Ratiosu <- That's the Latios and Latias movie title in Japanese.

And also, I just re-watched it, and we never talked about Camp Pikachu!

0_o That is one long title. What does it mean in Japanese?

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    The literal translation is "Pocket Monsters the Movie: Latias and Latios, the Guardian Gods of the Water Capital."
    And the English version obviously got shortened xD;

everyone!
    |
    v
    NEW!
    The prolouge scene where Annie and Oakley were reciting this legend was cut out of the English version of the movie.

Wikipedia said:
    A long time ago, Altomare was just a small town. One day, an old couple walking along the beach found two unconscious children lying in the sand. They brought the children home and nursed them back to health. Seeing as they didn't seem to have parents, the old couple decided to take care of them as their own children. Later though, a dark cloud covered the skies above Altomare and rained down shards of darkness. Anything these shards touched became dark as well. One shard was about to hit the old couple when the children started to glow and all the shards were destroyed. The two children floated up into the air and revealed themselves as Latios and Latias. More Latios and Latias appeared, one of them carrying the Soul Dew. Their power, combined with the Soul Dew's, shone upon the dark cloud, vanquishing it. In gratitude for their help, the two Latios and Latias gave the Soul Dew to the old couple. They departed yet soon returned to their "parents".

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    xD
    Anything's possible.

Although those shards are only mentioned in the legend of Latios and Latias, and not the current state that Altomare is in today.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Hi maddy :3

Ha, veteran members make us sound so old. D:

Spam is bad, kids!

WHOAAAAAAA
    Gekijōban Poketto Monsutā Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Ratiasu to Ratiosu <- That's the Latios and Latias movie title in Japanese.

And also, I just re-watched it, and we never talked about Camp Pikachu!

lol, remember when it was "Senior" members? xP I think veterans is better than that. xP

Fweh, Spam is relative! In Hawaii, they serve it at restaurants! It's good! 8D

Oh yeah... I still have the avi file for the Japanese version of the movie. :] I should watch it again sometime!

Hi all. Could I join? Seems like my sort of club (see avatar).

Sure you can! Welcome to the club!

The literal translation is "Pocket Monsters the Movie: Latias and Latios, the Guardian Gods of the Water Capital."
    And the English version obviously got shortened xD;

everyone!
    |
    v
    NEW!
    The prolouge scene where Annie and Oakley were reciting this legend was cut out of the English version of the movie.

Oh yeahh!! I remember talking about that! Yeah, I don't know what would push the Americans to take that out of the movie! It was short enough already! Like 70 minutes only. That segment could've easily added another, like, 5 minutes onto it! Plus it was nice too!

I remember posting a few pictures about it before. But Serebii also has a
    page with pictures where you can pretty much figure the story out! ;3

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    That's pretty cool, never noticed those pictures before. I hate it when they have to shift things for the dub, I just wish they just leave it as it is meant to be played.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Yeah, but they didn't exactly shift it. They just cut it out completely.

DISGRACEFUL.

So. How do you get the Souldew in the games?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I got mine legit, of course I did abuse my Eon ticket to get both, lol. But I wanted to make sure I got quality (Great IVs where needed.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    No, you can only get it with the Ticket, meaning you'll have to do it twice to get two Soul Dews.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    It's just too good an item to pass up really.

But after hearing it contains a deceased Eon Pokemon inside, wouldn't mean you can resurrect a Soul Dew at the Lab and have a Lati Pokemon from there? Oh well, works great as a hold item, it gives the Latis the highest Spe Att and Spe Def in the whole game.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    It's just too good an item to pass up really.

But after hearing it contains a deceased Eon Pokemon inside, wouldn't mean you can resurrect a Soul Dew at the Lab and have a Lati Pokemon from there? Oh well, works great as a hold item, it gives the Latis the highest Spe Att and Spe Def in the whole game.

Neh, as the Soul Dew isn't the preserved physical state of a Lati, but rather their soul, as the name implies. You learn these things when you write a currently-23-chapter-long story featuring Latios and Latias. Obsession is not something to be underestimated, people.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    While on the subject of your fanfic, have you gotten another chapter out recently, txteclipse?

Anyways, I believe you get the Soul Dew on the Latias/Latios you capture on the island you get to using the Eon Ticket. I don't really play the games much anymore though, and the condition of my Pokemon is poor indeed. Although I can say I've never abused/cheated on any part of the game. :D

I really wish they Eon Pokemon would play a bigger role in the Manga/actually appear in the Anime... or just another movie.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I have not, unfortunately. I have maybe a page/page and a half done, but it still has a ways to go.

And yeah, the Latis deserve another movie. They could always use my fic for the plot, although they'd probably horribly mutilate it with Ash and co. and make it all kid-friendly and garbage as such.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    The Lati's doooooo deserve another movie. Or two more movies. One for each of them.
    that's not asking too much, is it?

I can't get the souldewwww ;-;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back