• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    The Lati's doooooo deserve another movie. Or two more movies. One for each of them.
    that's not asking too much, is it?

I can't get the souldewwww ;-;

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0
    hi sarah. you need to get MSN so i can spam you with delicous nutritious spam.

I thought the Soul Dew, you could get it by catching Latias or Latios and they just had it on them?

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0
    hi sarah. you need to get MSN so i can spam you with delicous nutritious spam.

I thought the Soul Dew, you could get it by catching Latias or Latios and they just had it on them?

The only way to get the Soul Dew in the games is either to hack it or obtain an Eon Ticket and catch the Lati at the island that the Eon Ticket allows you to go to. That Lati has the Soul Dew. The normal non-Eon Ticket Latis don't.

I was told that back in Japan Pokemon wasn't even made for kids, it was PG-13+. Then 4Kids took it and cut about 1/4 of the show, which also happened to be all the good stuff.

Although I'm fairly sure even the original versions today suck... meh. What the show needs is a decent plot and character development. And to get rid of Ash. And more Latias and Latios.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I wouldn't know about the Movies, but I'm sure a game can be easily done.

Latios - Male character, Latias - Female character. Take a ride around with your Lati, helping out other Pokemon or something along those lines, you can have others legendaries involved somehow and then you've got your villian in threre. I don't know, I'm sure any of you will be able to think up a better story, cakll it Pokemon Dreamcatcher or something like that. But basically, having a Lati involved as a main (or with a human main, whichever you prefer) it basically writes itself.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    A movie with all legends could be the last.

The Latis could play a major role in being better than Arceus.

I doubt the end of Pokémon is coming anytime soon. So while there is Pokémon, there will be movies.

The only way to get the Soul Dew in the games is either to hack it or obtain an Eon Ticket and catch the Lati at the island that the Eon Ticket allows you to go to. That Lati has the Soul Dew. The normal non-Eon Ticket Latis don't.

I was told that back in Japan Pokemon wasn't even made for kids, it was PG-13+. Then 4Kids took it and cut about 1/4 of the show, which also happened to be all the good stuff.

Although I'm fairly sure even the original versions today suck... meh. What the show needs is a decent plot and character development. And to get rid of Ash. And more Latias and Latios.

Oh... Right. :C

Really? Well, you know, I'm sure we're seen our fair share of scenes that make us go "wtf?!", such as the James one as a girl, or w/e.

They do! D: Ash is such a Mary-Sue.

I wouldn't know about the Movies, but I'm sure a game can be easily done.

Latios - Male character, Latias - Female character. Take a ride around with your Lati, helping out other Pokemon or something along those lines, you can have others legendaries involved somehow and then you've got your villian in threre. I don't know, I'm sure any of you will be able to think up a better story, cakll it Pokemon Dreamcatcher or something like that. But basically, having a Lati involved as a main (or with a human main, whichever you prefer) it basically writes itself.

Wow, well, that would be cool, because the Latis can change their shape so it could be like, a Latis living among humans. That would be pretty sweet, I'd buy that!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Hey, question for the LFC. When Latias and Latios take on the appearance of a human, do they actually transform, or is it just a disguise? This has been bugging me for a while now.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hey, question for the LFC. When Latias and Latios take on the appearance of a human, do they actually transform, or is it just a disguise? This has been bugging me for a while now.

As Kai would tell you, their do... down? Like, fluffy stuff thats like feathers, but not, are kinda glassy i think, and reflect... so they look different? I think S:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • omfg Maddy got a name change! Way to make my job harder! D:

Supposedly, it's only a false image, and they're still Latis. Though I much prefer if they could really transform, so I just try telling myself that to comfort myself every now and then.

And as I've said before, the Latis are still due for an appearance during the normal 30 minute shows! All the legendaries before them have appeared in the anime a number of times after their debut movie, why not the Latis? D:<

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Or maybe because of the tension between Ash and Latias, or the fact that Latios died. While they say in the Pokedex that there are more, it would seem odd for a Latios to appear out of nowhere, or how Ash will react to a "different" Latias.

They could be in thereat of being a Polygon, doomed never to have an appearance normally...

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Ash wasn't too bothered by having met more than one Lugia in his life(unless my memory serves me wrong), why more than one Lati?

The technical explanation is that they distort the light around them using their feathers to project an image. However, this would fail to produce the effects we saw in the movie for several reasons:
    1. The parts of Latias (because do we know for sure that Latios can transform into a human? He's a bit too big for that, I think) that extend outside of her human form (i.e. her wings, maybe her head, that bulgy thing she has for a torso, would all be sticking out, because she does get considerably smaller when she transforms) would still be visible.
    2. As it's only a visual change, she wouldn't be able act like a real human, i.e. sit down on chairs, grab a piece of paper (I still don't get how they hold anything in those paws), kiss Ash (because we all know it was Latias, not Bianca) without having to stick her head up in the air(because their mouths are on the underside of their heads), etc.
    3. It doesn't explain those blue orb thingys that appear when she transforms.

So I just explain it as magic. It's simpler.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Ash wasn't too bothered by having met more than one Lugia in his life(unless my memory serves me wrong), why more than one Lati?

The technical explanation is that they distort the light around them using their feathers to project an image. However, this would fail to produce the effects we saw in the movie for several reasons:
    1. The parts of Latias (because do we know for sure that Latios can transform into a human? He's a bit too big for that, I think) that extend outside of her human form (i.e. her wings, maybe her head, that bulgy thing she has for a torso, would all be sticking out, because she does get considerably smaller when she transforms) would still be visible.
    2. As it's only a visual change, she wouldn't be able act like a real human, i.e. sit down on chairs, grab a piece of paper (I still don't get how they hold anything in those paws), kiss Ash (because we all know it was Latias, not Bianca) without having to stick her head up in the air(because their mouths are on the underside of their heads), etc.
    3. It doesn't explain those blue orb thingys that appear when she transforms.

So I just explain it as magic. It's simpler.

Neh. It's the magic of televisionnnnn

omfg Maddy got a name change! Way to make my job harder! D:

Supposedly, it's only a false image, and they're still Latis. Though I much prefer if they could really transform, so I just try telling myself that to comfort myself every now and then.

And as I've said before, the Latis are still due for an appearance during the normal 30 minute shows! All the legendaries before them have appeared in the anime a number of times after their debut movie, why not the Latis? D:<

HEY I DID TOO WAY TO GO. (wishes name changes were avaliable at DA :C)
    The Latis are too awesome for their own episode. :3

Probably because Latias and Latios aren't considered "major" legendaries like Mewtwo and Lugia and such.

They got their own movie? That should make them pretty major ._.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    What does that make Lucario then? And what about Raikou? And heck, even Ho-oh? Outdone by a non legendary!

Still as for the Latias Issue, You'd think Ash would have some reaction because of the interesting things that happened at the end and the fact that Latios died, but hey, if some of the legendarys can be seen on a normal episode, why can't they?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Probably because Latias and Latios aren't considered "major" legendaries like Mewtwo and Lugia and such.

They got their own movie? That should make them pretty major ._.

I'll say. That and besides, non-major legendaries have appeared countless times, like Articuno and Suicune! Heck, even Raikou got a trilogy dedicated to himself! D:

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    What does that make Lucario then? And what about Raikou? And heck, even Ho-oh? Outdone by a non legendary!

Still as for the Latias Issue, You'd think Ash would have some reaction because of the interesting things that happened at the end and the fact that Latios died, but hey, if some of the legendarys can be seen on a normal episode, why can't they?

Outdone by a non-legendary? Lol, then what's Pikachu to every other Pokémon?

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Outdone by a non-legendary? Lol, then what's Pikachu to every other Pokémon?
    ... God?

I don't care if they aren't major, they're major to me. <3 And they need to appear in another movie/episode! Mew appeared in more than one movie, after all, so it's not exactly unprecedented...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back