• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Alright then...We'll do something PMD, Since we've heard that the 3rd game would be coming out late next year in Japan most likely (Well, according to the patterns, that would be the case with the English version out the year after.)

What role would the Latis have in the next PMD game?

WARNING: Spoliers to those that haven't played!

In the first game, they were the two of three Pokemon that were one time recruits only (The third being a "Peter Pan" Smeragle) In the second, they were at Special Rift as wanderering legendaries. If by popular opinion, PMD3 is believed to have a larger story, what role would they play?

In all honesty, I can't see a battle against Latias at all, she would be like Celebi was in the first game, joins your team without a battle. Latios on the other hand, would. We're clocking in at 35 legendaries as it is (Who knows if we do reach the 5th gen by then), and considering that they don't really have a major role as being a Ruler of Space, Time or what have you or being involved in threesomes, I'd expect them to be found at the end of a 99 room Southern Island themed dungeon, where you'll get a chance to recruit them.

Of course, there has been much potential for them being a high grade/legendary rescue team as well, take a look at Pokemon Heroes as a major example. Kinda like a Guardian Angels thing, not usually seen, but you're know they do a lot. Really, they would fit that role better then being a protector of some item. Of course, they could like just come around when Arceus is about to blow his load off and have just come to lend a hand to the player's team, and by the end of that, you can get the chance for them to join you after you've proven yourself. Kinda like Cresselia when she really has no more purpose in life (lol, she just stands at the edge of the cliff, you either recruit her or she commits suicide, you don't want to be responsible for killing a legendary do you?)

Of course, that is if there ever was a chance to make a team like it, the only other reasonable candidate would be Manaphy and the many Phiones.

While the later I'd say has potential, I think the Auto recruit after a post story 99 floor dungeon seems to be the most likely role that the Siblings will be getting.

Thoughts?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • KAI GOT A TEXT CHANGE.

:0

UM. plz stop speaking gibberish. New topic, anyone?

Text change? :0 What do you mean? Did I forget to change some fonts somewhere?

stuff

I've never played any of the PMD games, though I've seen them.

I think if you were to battle Latias at first, it'd be because she was defending something or ... something. Not like she'd provoke. But it'd be nice if all the legendaries could permanently become part of your team, even if it did take 99 floors of dungeon crawling! :0

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I LOVE Latios in shiny form!!! Sign me up!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Text change? :0 What do you mean? Did I forget to change some fonts somewhere?

I've never played any of the PMD games, though I've seen them.

I think if you were to battle Latias at first, it'd be because she was defending something or ... something. Not like she'd provoke. But it'd be nice if all the legendaries could permanently become part of your team, even if it did take 99 floors of dungeon crawling! :0

I thought i saw smaller text somewhere? Bleaugh, im just seeing things. Or firefox had a spazm.

In PMD1, Latias and Latios play a good part in the "after the end" plots. They become part of your team when you finish the 'quest' as a thank you gift.
    I haven't bothered to go that far in PMD2.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Not to mention that should do the unthinkable by saying they're no longer needed, they'll never come back, unlike the other legendaries, which you can get over and over. But then again, why would you get rid of them? Latios is a bloody tank and Latias' Support moves basically means you'll travel through dungeons without any pain. And going through walls in PMD1? Priceless!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I LOVE Latios in shiny form!!! Sign me up!!

Sure thing! I'll add you up in just a bit!

Not to mention that should do the unthinkable by saying they're no longer needed, they'll never come back, unlike the other legendaries, which you can get over and over. But then again, why would you get rid of them? Latios is a bloody tank and Latias' Support moves basically means you'll travel through dungeons without any pain. And going through walls in PMD1? Priceless!

They did that? Ouch. >:

I've always had the feeling that the Latis were underappreciated in all of the Pokémon universe.

They had the shortest (and most poorly received) movie.
    They still have NOT appeared in the anime outside their movie.
    They are well balanced and decently powerful in metagame tiers they're banned in, and fairly weak compared with others in the uber tier.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Yes, thank god for All Terrain Hiker, now you can go through walls just to get to the exit, just don't use it when you're rescuing someone (As I found out the hard way on a rescue on the 62nd floor in the Western Cave, damn Machamp...)

GIBBERISH WARNING:

In the Uber tier? Can't think of many teams without a Lati. I mean, if you've got 500+ Of both Spe Att and Spe Def, you wouldn't want to waste it. But its true that most of their success revolves around the Dew, but then again, how many other 600 BS Legendaries do you know are in Uber Tier? Just because they have weak base stats, doesn't mean they're not useful!

Hoenn seemed to be a good generation for Uber Tier battling.

I'd say if they were allowed in OU (No Dew), they'll be top 10, but mainly because of lack of moves to deal with bogey types.

But yes, they are underappreciated in the Pokeuniverse as such, but I think their contribution has been rather significant, even moreso then the so called "Kings" of the universe.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • moar gibberish plz:

Perhaps. But like you said, they pretty much need the Soul Dew to really compare. There are enough Psychic ubers that they wouldn't shine that much otherwise. Dragon is a nice type to have, though that poses a Kyogre weakness, pretty much ensuring the need to use Thunder.

I've said enough times that I think a dew-less Lati should be allowed in the OU (and they used to be, actually). There are plenty of other OUs already equipped to deal with them (Garchomp, Gengar, TTar, Gallade, etc.) so it's not like they're unbalanced in the least.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    To be honest, The only real problems I can see for the dewless Latis is anything that can STAB Dark, Bug moves or is part Steel just purely because they don't have any real moves to counter them. To be honest, Ice moves aren't really a problem to the Latis compared to their Dragon relatives. The big positive is that they have no X4 weakness, if given a chance, they will kill, and if given another chance, they will just recover any damage done to them and kill you on the next shot.
    The only real problem is the fact that the weaknesses they've got are considered common and the fact they don't have any moves in their movepool to counter that.

I think people are much too focused on the negatives, but hey, that's what one's got to do if they want the Siblings to be down in the normal metagame, where about 90% of the competitive action happens. Although the way things looking are now, one's staying in Uber without the Dew while the other will be in OU. In my opinion, you either let both go down or they both stay, you can't just draw a line between the two and say "That's the difference between Ubers and OUs." It just isn't right.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Yeah, incidentally, I actually stumbled upon Smogon's test right now. It looks like they'll be testing a dew-less Latias in the OU (well, the "suspect" tier) for the next month, so we'll see how things turn out. I'm surprised I found out just when they started, so lucky me! xD

Progress so far seems to be looking up for Latias; she may be allowed in the OU game after all! Can't say that the fate looks the same for her brother though. :0

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Which is a bit odd if you think about it, they say he'll be much more usefull in the OU then he is in the Ubers. Its the other way around for his sister, but at least those in the OU can battle in the Ubers.

I still hold my opinion that they should either keep them both in the Uber Tier, dew or no dew, or they should both be in the OU tier, no dew. No point seperating them.

Years
  • Yeah, incidentally, I actually stumbled upon Smogon's test right now. It looks like they'll be testing a dew-less Latias in the OU (well, the "suspect" tier) for the next month, so we'll see how things turn out. I'm surprised I found out just when they started, so lucky me! xD

Progress so far seems to be looking up for Latias; she may be allowed in the OU game after all! Can't say that the fate looks the same for her brother though. :0
    I heard they both were moved into the OU Tier =O
    Did my eyes deceive me?!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • They are both in the Uber teir, although OU. Dew-less Lati's are the same OU pokes, only strategy and stats can make it stronger. And why is everyone talking about Latias only? How about her brother?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    why Dragon Claw? Dragon Pulse is better since it is Special. also it is packed with 90 base power instead of 80 like Dragon Claw...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back