• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Ha, as if Dew Latias would, they're only testing the Dewless one. We all know how much damage a 500+ Spe Att/Spe Def Latias can cause. It's funny tho, they're basically saying that in order to play with the regular Joes, she must give up her most treasured item that means the world to her. The sacrifices one makes...really now.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    All i can read it "blah blah blah Latias blah blah blah Latios blah battling" :c

To make a long story short Maddy, we're hoping that people will allow the Latis to be used in online/competitive gaming without ppl crying out "OGM A LEGENDARY, NUB THAT MAKES THINGS UNFAIIIR!!11one"

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I don't think it would make a differance if they find out that Eon Dragon on the other hand is lashing out attacks stronger then it should've been and are given the ablity to choose any attack they want.

This isn't the Japanese Honour system, people would still yell Cheat, Dew or no Dew. The thing is, if it is legendary in anyway, people will throw a fit over it, even if its a pathetic Phione. Think about it, people don't complain about using that Garchomp (I don't think its uber in anyway), yet they will if you use Phione.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    To make a long story short Maddy, we're hoping that people will allow the Latis to be used in online/competitive gaming without ppl crying out "OGM A LEGENDARY, NUB THAT MAKES THINGS UNFAIIIR!!11one"

Ya, it's like people hooking on to Raikou's speed and Regi's defence. It looks like an unfair battle. >.>

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Oh my gosh, its Ratiasu/Ratiosu!
    Do be so kind as to allow me to request to sign up

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    im just confused with the boost of Soul Dew. does it increase the Latis Sp.Atk/Sp.Def by x1.5?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Yes. Which means that if boosted at a high enough Spe Att/Spe Def, you've got a Lati with over 500 in both of those stats, which is higher then an unboosted Deoxys A's Spe Att. The only thing that can reach a higher number is Shuckles Spe Def which reaches 613 I think. This double boost is unique to only the Latis and is often why people complain when they fight one.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Oh my gosh, its Ratiasu/Ratiosu!
    Do be so kind as to allow me to request to sign up

Sure thing! I'll add you right now!

im just confused with the boost of Soul Dew. does it increase the Latis Sp.Atk/Sp.Def by x1.5?

---V

Yes. Which means that if boosted at a high enough Spe Att/Spe Def, you've got a Lati with over 500 in both of those stats, which is higher then an unboosted Deoxys A's Spe Att. The only thing that can reach a higher number is Shuckles Spe Def which reaches 613 I think. This double boost is unique to only the Latis and is often why people complain when they fight one.

Yup, he pretty much said everything there. The boost is pretty handy in the Battle Tower. But of course, online and in competition, it qualifies them as uber.

It's a shame really. With the Soul Dew, their Special stats are amazing. Their natural speed is extremely good as well. But of course, their physical stats are only average, even among OUs. So if they come across an uber physical sweeper, or a Garchomp (oh wait, same thing! XD), they're pretty much owned.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I don't think Garchmop is a problem at all. It can be handled. But yes, problems with Physical moves are a bit of a thorn in the side. But then again, a Lati can take down a Physical sweeper if they have poor Spe Def (Which most of them do) without much problem, the deciding factor of course is speed, which in most cases shouldn't be a problem.

According to the results, we have half saying that Latias is a problem and half saying she isn't, it could come down to a close vote. But that sign isn't good for Latios, they said that he's most likely to stay Uber, which of course would be a huge blow of him considering he'll be getting more useage down there.

Years
    I don't think Garchmop is a problem at all. It can be handled. But yes, problems with Physical moves are a bit of a thorn in the side. But then again, a Lati can take down a Physical sweeper if they have poor Spe Def (Which most of them do) without much problem, the deciding factor of course is speed, which in most cases shouldn't be a problem.

According to the results, we have half saying that Latias is a problem and half saying she isn't, it could come down to a close vote. But that sign isn't good for Latios, they said that he's most likely to stay Uber, which of course would be a huge blow of him considering he'll be getting more useage down there.
    Yeah, just Ice Beam it, and say goodnight.
    Although a speeding Cruncher chomp could probably do it in, let alone an outrage. So then Sash the Latias!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I don't think the Latis are going to be let into the OU tier anytime soon. It would be too difficult to police whether or not people are using the Soul Dew. It's like a free Calm Mind, neh?

Granted, if gamebreakers like Garchomp are still allowed, I don't see why we can't simply have two new ones. And a little ingenuity can bring them down anyways.

Years
    I don't think the Latis are going to be let into the OU tier anytime soon. It would be too difficult to police whether or not people are using the Soul Dew. It's like a free Calm Mind, neh?

Granted, if gamebreakers like Garchomp are still allowed, I don't see why we can't simply have two new ones. And a little ingenuity can bring them down anyways.
    Well, Latias is actually being tested right now.
    It's still completely up for grabs on OU or Über.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    But as suggested. No one can really tell if it is a Dew Lati. It's basically suggesting that you're honourable enough not to use the Soul Dew on a Lati. If they lose pretty badly to the Lati, they're still going to complain saying that the Lati has the Dew where the Lati may not even have it. It's the Japanese honour system again. There are some people there that don't give a stuffing about tiers, yet are still against legendaries because they're considered for noobs. Its not going to make a differance.

And of course the testing is a bit silly, one item basically dictates which tier they're in. Why not get rid of the Light Ball, Thick Club and the move enhancing orbs that the DP Trio get while you're at it? If there was a metagame where no hold items were allowed, then there shouldn't be a problem. But as long as the Soul Dew exists, people will complain.

And as for Garchomp, I have no problems with it what-so-ever. I don't need a specfic Pokemon for it, Its basically the same as the other Psuedo Legendaries. Its not that gamebreaking. There are others however, that do cause problems, Garchomp isn't one of them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Oh. Right :S

Well. Um. NEW TOPIC QUESTION:

Who would be the best partner for either Latis, not including Latias or Latios?

WELL. I THINK LATIAS WOULD GET ALONG GREAT WITH SKYMIN >:D

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Who would be the best partner for either Lati, not including Latias or Latios?

Hrmm... I assume you mean outside of battle too, rite?

*thinks*

I wonder what would happen if Latias were to be with Lugia. People always think they're related. So it'd be interesting seeing how the mighty, noble Lugia pairs with the hyper Latias.

...not to mentions she's like 1/5th his size. xP

In battle, Swampert makes a great double battle partner for my Latias.

And yush Maddy, I want to draw Linkmin and Volta (and maybe Roarkvee too XD) together sometime.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Partners? Hmm...

Latios:
    Lucario - Feel the power of mighty aura, coming from both ends. A very potent duo.
    Swampert - Another potent duo, make range your friend and soon you've got super effective moves against all types.
    Cresselia - I have no idea why, it just...seems natural I guess?

Latias:
    Cresselia - Healing sisters? I've had this combanation before in PMD and boy did this work wonders, I never had to worry about statuses, dying, or hunger again.
    Darkrai - Somehow you can see Latias just ever so curious about this, it will end badly...or maybe not. Not a bad combo at battle either.
    Skymin - You better be keeping an eye on them, or else you've got one heck of a mess to be cleaning.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Swampert - Another potent duo, make range your friend and soon you've got super effective moves against all types.

I totally agree with you there! :D I got the Rock/Earth/Ice/surf build on my Swampert. The Latis completely avoid Earthquake, and aren't even scratched by Surf. It's an amazing sight seeing the pair mow everyone else down.

=D YOU ARE AMAZING.

I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I? xP

~~~

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and I took a quick browse over at Pokésho today.

Anyone remember nurse Latias from Pokéspecial? :D
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0
    No I didn't draw it! :0
    I guess that answers our question of whether or not Latias likes contests. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Oh lawl I saw it far down and I was like OH MY GOD THAT'S KAI'S SIG?

Lawl. what a funny dress.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back