• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leafy Forest [The Grass-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gardenia.

No I adore Dent. Like... you guys don't even know. At all. I am so srs here. Anime!Dent moreso than game!Dent in terms of personality but in my headcanon he just was terribly shy and unsure before he went to Sommelier school. And when he came back he was the flamboyant, passionate man that I love.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll be honest here, but I don't like any of them. Erika is boring, Gardenia is annoying and I don't know anything about Cilan. (I don't really consider him a Grass gym leader anyway, since the only grass type he uses is Pansage in both the games and anime. You can prove me wrong, though.) It's a pretty hard decision, but if I had to pick, then Erika I guess. I like the Pokemon she uses, and she's pretty cool in the Manga, but that's about it really. :(

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
    Years
  • I may or may not prove you wrong, but I will make a point: as a gym leader, Dent's specialty is grass. He only uses two Pokémon in your battle against him though, and one is of the neutral Normal type. If it counts for anything, Pokémon Staduim 1 & 2 both have Erika using Pokémon outside her specialty type. In this way, I consider Dent to count as a grass-type gym leader.

As simply a trainer, though, he uses quite a variety of Pokémon, seemingly having no specialty type. However, this is as a trainer rather than a gym leader.

/cough hi it's TSO forgetting which account she's on again

Years
  • I personally like Cilan.. he was the easiest to defeat, and his personality in the anime is interesting to the extent of using a lot of culinary-related terms to describe something...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Personally I've always been a fan of Erika, those the other two are pretty cool too. I've liked Erika's Pokemon in both RBY and GSC, and even more so in HGSS. I don't remember at all how she was in the anime, but I did like her in the manga, and I liked her sprite in HGSS, yeah. xD;

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • So far, there are only three grass-type Gym leaders as of Generation 5: Erika of Celadon City, Gardenia of Eterna City, and Cilan of Striaton City. Which of the three did you like the best in terms of Pokemon, battling, and personality?

I sorta like all of them xD Gardenia from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! Even if she's a bit Stuck up at the start when she starts dissing Hareta, just really liked the battle between her and Hareta, and the fact Hareta's Shinx was so epic in that battle!

Dent.. yes I still him Dent. Anime-wise he is an Class A Pokémon Connoisseur and he's a great cook :D Also I like his personality.

As for Erika, if she wasn't there then Red would have never gotten to catch that Eevee. Plainly love Erika through PokeSpec but I liked her as well in the Anime with her Gloom.

Battling wise it's either between Erika and Gardenia, both games Crystal and Diamond I had a fire starter so type wise I found it easy, though Erika was harder because she's after the Elite Four. Probably Erika since she has more duel types on the first battle compared to Gardenia

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Could I join please? o..o

Username: ~Kawaii~
    Partner Pokémon: Hoppip

I liked Erika the most, she had awesome Pokémon and she had an amazing personality, especially in the manga. I never really paid attention too Gardenia but I remember she bored me a bit. I've never played B/W so I don't know about Cilan but he looks cool.. ;;

clacla$$$

Back in business ~
    Years
  • So far, there are only three grass-type Gym leaders as of Generation 5: Erika of Celadon City, Gardenia of Eterna City, and Cilan of Striaton City. Which of the three did you like the best in terms of Pokemon, battling, and personality?
    I would have to say, Gardenia. I really like Rosarade xD

Years

Uh, I never payed much attention to them.

What are your three favorite grass-type moves? (Old topic is old, I haven't been on so, shh)
    1. Leaf Blade
    2. Giga Drain and or Petal Dance
    3. A choice between bullet seed or energy ball.

NOW LEMME FILL DA CLUB WIT SOME PICS!

Spoiler:

I know its a lot, so it's in a spoiler! ^..^ ANY COOL PICS YOU LIKEY?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I adore Erika soooo much. Her Vileplume and Weepinbell are quite amazing, and they were great in battle (well...for Weepinbell, not really, but it did a great job. xD) For Erika, I think she's a wise, yet sweet gym leader. When I was little I wanted to be like her (hence this was one of the reasons why I adore grass-types).

OMG, Ana! Thanks for sharing those!~ I loved the Bulbasaur and the Chikorita ones. needs moar Meganiums.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

What are your three favorite grass-type moves? (Old topic is old, I haven't been on so, shh)
    1. Leaf Blade

Spoiler:

GLOMPS for such amazing pictures, I wish I could pick one favourite but I pretty much like all of them especially the treeko eating watermelon one and the chikorita razor leaf one and all the grovyle ones :3

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Sign me up~!

Username: miju-kun
    Partner Pokemon: Leafeon and Whismicott :)
    Topic Answer (If applicable): So far, there are only three grass-type Gym leaders as of Generation 5: Erika of Celadon City, Gardenia of Eterna City, and Cilan of Striaton City. Which of the three did you like the best in terms of Pokemon, battling, and personality?
    I would pick Erika because her gym is amazing, her appearance and it has a pervy man outside, too bad they took that pervert off :(.

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Username: Reshiram Man
    Partner Pokemon: Serperior
    Topic Answer (If applicable): I think Cilan is the best of the three, mainly because he is Male!!

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years

1. Leaf Blade

Spoiler:

These are great pics! I like the Servine and Leafeon ones and the Oshawott one is hilarious xD

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Username: -ty-
    Partners: Roserade & Lilligant

Although I am attached to grass-Pokemon, they have the most weaknesses of any type (aside from rock, which has the same). Do you wish that Grass-type Pokemon had less weaknesses?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • For those of you have joined, welcome!

Although I am attached to grass-Pokemon, they have the most weaknesses of any type (aside from rock, which has the same). Do you wish that Grass-type Pokemon had less weaknesses?

Great idea for a new topic. I sorta rephrased it a little at the first post. ;)

Personally I am not a fan of water being weak against grass. I didn't quite understood until later on. (duh. Plants drink water... xD), I would like to have Poison be removed from the weakness list. It seems pointless that most pure-type grass-types actually learn poison-type moves, and be weak against them altogether. Same goes for bug-types as well (Leavanny for example. it's a grass/bug type and it becomes weak against bug-type moves).

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years
  • For those of you have joined, welcome!

Great idea for a new topic. I sorta rephrased it a little at the first post. ;)

Personally I am not a fan of water being weak against grass. I didn't quite understood until later on. (duh. Plants drink water... xD), I would like to have Poison be removed from the weakness list. It seems pointless that most pure-type grass-types actually learn poison-type moves, and be weak against them altogether. Same goes for bug-types as well (Leavanny for example. it's a grass/bug type and it becomes weak against bug-type moves).

Yes, poison type weaknesses do seem pointless, because logically, grass isn't the only thing that would be significantly hurt by poison. I guess poison types need to be strong against something. :P

I don't quite agree on bug types though, because bugs can hurt plants sometimes, unless you're thinking about someone like Carnivine, who's literally based off of a plant that eats bugs. Logically, he should be strong against bug-typers. This is so confusing lol, maybe I shouldn't be using so much logic.:cheeky:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Reason why Grass is weak to Poison: Pollution kills plants and harms nature. Greatly.
    Some Grass types learn poison type moves because some plants are poisonous in real life.

I understand why it's weak to Poison, Bug, Ice, and Fire. But Flying? Not really. We might as well make Normal stronger than Grass. Birds don't really harm plants at all. It doesn't really seem logical to me. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    It could be that birds eats the insects which the insects helps the bacteria maybe and they help the tree since they have a symbiotic relationship. I can understand why bug, fire,and poisen. Also water could be super effective since it drowns the plants when there is too much water. Maybe they should make water supereffective to certain egg groups like fairies and humanshapes since when they get too much H2O their cells expand and then explode (aka then you die). Or could be supereffective against fighting types (or/and normal).

Also it seems to me that this forum is all about RULES!! That turns my klinkklang (grind my gears). Aka annyoing. Also I know that there are lot of teens here but for a non teen it is annyoing to have rules shoved down you throat. Why don't be adults here and act like one. I know i can't ask for that and that this is a mostly teen to few adult forum. Still, annoying that you are forced to act a certain way.
    Just a rantish...

Also I like sunkern but was never a fan when I was playing G/C/S

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back