• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Just want to point out that...

Wii Motion Plus swordplay for Zelda Wii has been confirmed. Also more (and more accurate) pointings.

Also, ST is challenging...or at least more challenging than PH was.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • /tries not to neglect

omg. Zelda word play on Wii Motion Plus? Thats so awesome.

I read somewhere it was supposed to be challenging. They also brought back the feather pin stylus promotion thing. I already have one though... but I might get two anyways. XD

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Aww, I was hoping that a plushie of train conductor Link would be the pre-order gift. I want one badly.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Here is some new stuff about Zelda Wii

http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1047583p1.html

"We're making efforts regarding the total flow of the Zelda game," said Aonuma, "So far, the basic flow of the Zelda games is you're exploring a field, you go to a dungeon, you conquer it and return to the field. We're looking at altering that traditional flow. That's all I can share, and I can't say more until E3 next year."

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Here is some new stuff about Zelda Wii

http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1047583p1.html

"We're making efforts regarding the total flow of the Zelda game," said Aonuma, "So far, the basic flow of the Zelda games is you're exploring a field, you go to a dungeon, you conquer it and return to the field. We're looking at altering that traditional flow. That's all I can share, and I can't say more until E3 next year."
    Interesting. I hadn't seen the entire quote until that.

Maybe something more...organic? Take Metroid Prime for example. Everytime I play it, I am blown away. The world feels so natural. So real. It's not "here's another area". It all just...flows.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I read the comments on that article, and 75% of the replies seems pessimistic, I however, do not share their dark-minded oppinions. XD

I'm looking forward to it, no matter what... I am a bit conserned about having to swing the sword around though. ^^' Combinations to do a certain move like in Okami, okay, but please no incontrollable swinging like in Wii Sports Resort. (It's not that I don't like doing it, it's just painful. |D;;; )

But aside from that, I'm all open to additions to the original Zelda game play. I enjoyed every game I played, even in situations when I was stuck or couldn't beat a boss. 83 Retrying never hurts. I am curious though... on what they'll add/change. =0

Oh, yes, one more thing, I hope they enhance the replay value... Zelda will always be a game to play and play again. But on my fourth play-through of Twilight Princess... the surprise is kinda gone. D:

But I'm not negative about this new game. Because playing it for the first time WILL be exciting. I'm sure of it. And people can say all they want about the Mysterious Girl in the Promo Art, I'm intrigued.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • What would you like to see in Zelda Wii?

Grappling Hook and Hook Shot with environments that are very interactive (think Assassin's Creed or Prince of Persia but to a lesser extent) would be an amazing combination in dungeons.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Sorry for lack of posting. School and birthday kills it. :/ But its almost the holidays.. yay!

Only like.. 11 days til Spirit Tracks, right?

And awesome info about the new Zelda game.. even if a lot wasn't revealed. XD

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'll wait on Spirit Tracks, I wasn't much of a fan of Phantom Hourglass, despite liking every other Zelda game. Althougth the commercial has gotten me a little intrigued.

I can't wait to see more of Zelda Wii though.
    I want to see more dungeons where you have to use more than just the weapon you find in the dungeon and your sword to defeat the boss. In otherwords, I want a little more diversity than just learning a boss' pattern.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I love Spirit Tracks. The puzzles are really fun, and it has a cute storyline. I think it has most of the stuff that fans have been asking for, like...

Spoiler:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Good news! I'm planning to get a DSi for Christmas along with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. ;D I can't wait.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I love Spirit Tracks. The puzzles are really fun, and it has a cute storyline. I think it has most of the stuff that fans have been asking for, like...

Spoiler:
    Ah. Another wonderful feature from Majora's Mask. Glad to see that return

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Also, why isn't Tingle in the Zelda games any more? I liked him because he was funny and also he wanted to be a fairy and that's what I want as well. Although, I wouldn't want to be a fairy in the Zelda series because Link catches them and eats them. And I don't want Link to eat me. At least I'm pretty sure I don't...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I never thought Link actually ate the fairies.... That would be cruel. o_o
    They way I see it, he just catches them in his special bottle... and they shed their fairy dust (or use their magic) to heal him once they notice he's hurt. Maybe it's in their nature to do so. After they helped him out, Link lets them fly of, as a sort of thank you...
    Or he just never wants a second Tael or Navi
    but I like navi

But eating them... not quite.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Also, why isn't Tingle in the Zelda games any more? I liked him because he was funny and also he wanted to be a fairy and that's what I want as well. Although, I wouldn't want to be a fairy in the Zelda series because Link catches them and eats them. And I don't want Link to eat me. At least I'm pretty sure I don't...
    Tingle proved vastly unpopular with Western audiences. Particularly in North America. He's moved on it seems. At the moment it looks like Nintendo's content with him starring in his own games (which Europe gets, but not North America :C).

Elements of him will probably sneak in from time to time. Like Purlo in Twilight Princess.

Back