• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I've been a fan of the games for several years, not a big fan of clubs though. But I decided to give it a go anyhow, so sign me up!

Got Sprirt Tracks recently and almost completed it, I do like the other platforms but for a DS game it was really rather good.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I made a thread for it in Other Games, I gave it a quick review too.
    It's really challenging, not that you have to do a lot of training but the puzzles really stepped their game up from the previous ones. I didn't like PH, it was so so repetitive but ST is really good. Excpet that you can only move on a pre-determined track when in the train (which makes sense), but it gives PH that upper hand with the fact you can go anywhere with your mode of transport.
    It's worth a go though most definately. The best handheld game since The Minish Cap

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes, I agree that Spirit Tracks is better than Phantom Hourglass, but I really liked Phantom Hourglass as well. I know that lots of people complain about the Temple of the Ocean King, but it's really fun if you use the shortcuts, and especially if you try and finish it without using up any time.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It was the temple in which annoyed me, I'll admit it. But I think the fact that it was so easy to break the salvage arm too, it cost so much to fix it also! Spirit Tracks is a step up though, you never come to a point where you dread having to do something like I did in PH such as the temple of the ocean king.
    I love the new dungeons however, they're so challenging. I found myself stuck so many times but it really added to the gameplay. It's rather intellegent indeed!

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • The Temple of the Ocean King was annoying, but I did enjoy using the short cuts and trying to beat my best time. I got so engaged in it. XD

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    There was shortcuts? XD
    Never used them I don't think. I just stopped playing after I completed it. The one thing about Zelda games is that once you defeat the main boss it's like nothing happened, you just end up in the same position as you did before you fought the last one, it's like you forget to save. I find that to be a flaw in the games for me, puts me off playing them, especially when there's not a lot of side quests which to be fair ST has lots of.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Last week, a feature length Zelda fan movie called The Hero of Time was released. You can watch it here:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbg25m_the-hero-of-time_shortfilms

In my opinion, it's kind of boring, and the acting isn't very good, and the dialogue is awful, and the script is bloated with pointless scenes, and there's a lot of incredibly lame Ocarina of Time references. But aside from that, it's a decent effort.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • There was shortcuts? XD
    Never used them I don't think. I just stopped playing after I completed it. The one thing about Zelda games is that once you defeat the main boss it's like nothing happened, you just end up in the same position as you did before you fought the last one, it's like you forget to save. I find that to be a flaw in the games for me, puts me off playing them, especially when there's not a lot of side quests which to be fair ST has lots of.

Yeah. When you got a main item you could use it to your advantage. And you could skip some rooms if you wanted.

I'm not really understanding what you're saying. Maybe I'm missing something. XD

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'll use The Minish Cap as an example. When you defeat the final boss Vaati the credits come up etc. But when they're over it goes back to the same position and you have the option to beat him again but Zelda doesn't go back to the castle and happy days, Hyrule is still under his control.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    That's probably because most Zelda games end in a way that it wouldn't make sense to keep playing afterwards:

Spoilers for lots of Zelda games:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I still think they should have added something on. I hate when games do that x]
    I guess they make up for it with side quests in ST.
    Really want to play Twilight Princess.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • please can i join pretty please im a legend of zelda fan too :(

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • please can i join pretty please im a legend of zelda fan too :(

Yup yup. Welcome to the club. The member list is updated so you should see your name on there.

I agree with Jolene. Half of the game would be considered pointless and you couldn't really replay where you wanted to without starting a new file. Once the game ended... it would have just ended. You would be stuck. So I can see why Miyamoto would want to allow the player to continue wherever he or she wanted to once the game ended.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Hands down I agree that it would be pointless if everything just ended. But it would be pretty nice if they had a way of ending the storyline but at the same time allowing you to play on and do side quests. In The Minish Cap for example, the castle had been taken over and you couldn't enter the castle without being on the quest to face Vaati. So you couldn't really see the castle for what it really was; non-possessed.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Come Clarity, you have an awesome signature. o_o Really. Listening to the tune of the Ocarina really makes me want to go back and play it. Ha, but that won't be before februari. >_o

Anyways.
    I would have loved to spend time seeing Hyrule as it was freed from darkness in some games. Not in Ocarina of Time, since it had a nice ending. To continue playing would kinda ruin the feeling I had when I watched the credits roll.
    But as Triforce said, it would have been perfectly possible to allow the player to wander in Hyrule Castle after it had been released from Vaati's grasp.
    You could perhaps even do sidequest with helping the town rebuilding.

Spoiler:

And now that I think about it... as Jolene stated earlier, most Zelda games move on after the Final Boss' fight. The player just can't be a part of it anymore.
    It's sad, but I think it's also a part of the series charm. The Legend doesn't end after the game... It's up to the player to imagine the continuation (until a new game comes out).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Triforce, you have an awesome signature. o_o Really. Listening to the tune of the Ocarina really makes me want to go back and play it. Ha, but that won't be before februari. >_o

Anyways.
    I would have loved to spend time seeing Hyrule as it was freed from darkness in some games. Not in Ocarina of Time, since it had a nice ending. To continue playing would kinda ruin the feeling I had when I watched the credits roll.
    But as Triforce said, it would have been perfectly possible to allow the player to wander in Hyrule Castle after it had been released from Vaati's grasp.
    You could perhaps even do sidequest with helping the town rebuilding.

Spoiler:

And now that I think about it... as Jolene stated earlier, most Zelda games move on after the Final Boss' fight. The player just can't be a part of it anymore.
    It's sad, but I think it's also a part of the series charm. The Legend doesn't end after the game... It's up to the player to imagine the continuation (until a new game comes out).

by triforce do you mean me? XD I agree about ocarina it would have spoiled the ending in some ways. In other games it would have been plausable however. I'm tempted to buy a new gamecube just so that i can play twilight princess as it looks pretty awesome. I made a new thread in other games for spirit tracks, if you guy's aren't too busy you should check it out. Lol yeah i love the theme in my sig. The writing is also a quote from the game.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Sorry, I wasn't very awake when I wrote that. |D Edited it. Please excuse me. XD
    Twilight Princess doesn't just look awesome, it IS awesome. :D
    Though I played Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages before Twilight Princess, it is the game that dragged me into the Zelda Universe. (btw, Minish Cap is adorable. :d)

Is it? I can't remember. :0

I had a LoZ day on monday... This is what came out of it. :D
    https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/Mudkipblader/Art Related/Nomorepawn-LOZ.png

Though I have my own interpretation, I would mind hearing your own.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Sorry, I wasn't very awake when I wrote that. |D Edited it. Please excuse me. XD

Lol it's cool, happens to me all too often also x]

Twilight Princess doesn't just look awesome, it IS awesome. :D

I have to get a hold of it, maybe with some money I aquire from the festive season eh? XD
    Is it on the Wii & Gamecube?

Though I played Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages before Twilight Princess, it is the game that dragged me into the Zelda Universe. (btw, Minish Cap is adorable. :d)
    I need to play some of the older games, I'm working backwards while still playing the newer games D:
    The Minish Cap is what inducted me into the series, a really good game. It was easy for the most part but it was pretty long and full of suprises along the way. It had a mystical feel about it too which was awesome. I was really annoyed, I had every aspect of the game completed bar one kingstone merge. One, I couldn't find it and still cant, when that's done I have it 100% completed!

Is it? I can't remember. :0

Uh huh, there's actually a site with the best quotes from the game.
    https://coco.raceme.org/videogames/zelda/quotes/

Wow, that's a really nice drawing, I like it quite a bit, makes me wish I could draw x]
    What inspired you to draw it?

Though I have my own interpretation, I would mind hearing your own.

To which? Sorry think it's the morning slugishness ><

Back