• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The manga vs anime storyline

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Dudes,i have no idea how a Graveller can regenerate after beeing broken into pieces.

Well they never really show how it regenerated, but I just figure that they used a healing machine, such as the ones in a Pokemon Center.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    pong08, what you say explains why I still watch the anime and am a fan of it.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Pokemon definitely die in the manga. I remember in the Pokemon Tower when an Arbok got cut in half. I wish they would animate Pokemon Special/Adventures haha. It'd be for more mature viewers IMO. But I still watch the anime as it is now too, and I enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Pokemon definitely die in the manga. I remember in the Pokemon Tower when an Arbok got cut in half. I wish they would animate Pokemon Special/Adventures haha. It'd be for more mature viewers IMO. But I still watch the anime as it is now too, and I enjoy it.

I know right I was like POKEMON DIE? whoa........ The fact that they showed it getting cut in half like that O_O it drew me into the storyline even more. If they had more action in the anime like that I think it would bring more fans to the table.....then again....would it downgrade to the younger audiences?

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I know right I was like POKEMON DIE? whoa........ The fact that they showed it getting cut in half like that O_O it drew me into the storyline even more. If they had more action in the anime like that I think it would bring more fans to the table.....then again....would it downgrade to the younger audiences?

Haha yeah that drew me into the story as well. I always wished the anime showed more detail. It's like when a Pokemon gets hit by Hyper Beam or Solar Beam in the anime, absolutely nothing happens. I was just watching the episodes in the Whirl Islands with Lugia. Lugia used Aeroblast like 20 times and did pretty much NO damage to anything or anyone.

I remember seeing blood once or twice and it was only little cut to Misty I think. The battles need to be more detailed and have more action in the anime.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years

When Arbok was sliced in half it didn't die. In fact it was already dead! It was a zombie in the first place.

Here is proof- https://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/363/pok_mon_adventures/chapter.22195/page.12/

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Hehee well you would know a lot better than I would, I didn't read that far =/

But what about the exploding Onix?

My mistake for posting the false information. Perhaps now would be a good time for me to read more!

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    I'm sorry, but the manga is more realistic.(if you can get past the whole Pokemon thing...) The world isn't all gummy drop kisses, teddy bear hugs, and sparkling sunshine, and things rarely go your way all of the time. Happy endings aren't the only endings. And apparently, in the anime, everybody is immortal, because there is zero death and/or aging.

The manga, like I said, is more realistic. Pokemon die, people get hurt, there are bitter-sweet endings, the characters develop physically and emotionally, and the bad guys aren't such pushovers who are only after one Pokemon. Most of all, there is ALWAYS a storyline complete with plot twists.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love the anime(before I read the manga), but it gets a little stale.

@ joehat: COMPLETELY random, but I saw your sig, and I LOVE Jim Gaffigan, too! Also Dane Cook.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Yay Kirara!
    Yay Jim Gaffigan! Dane Cook is good too, let's do a B&E!
    I loooove stand up.

I wish the anime was taken more seriously. I'm actually in the midst of watching the whole thing straight through. I've never seen any AG episodes and only one D/P episode. I'm on Johto Master Quest and the filler episodes are killerrrrrrrrrr! They should take notes from an anime like Naruto, where the fillers actually mean something. Even Inuyasha's fillers beat Pokemon's. I wanna see character development and plot twists!!!!!

The manga is indeed very good, but I'm only at the chapter where Koga is first introduced.

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Ill ask one question to you guys:
    If you were a trainer,if you were in pokemon universe(just imagine...) and you knew that your pokemon can die in each battle,would you continue on keeping them in small containers and making them fight to death?
    I dont think the creator thought battling is the most important thing in pokemon.I think its more human-animals harmony.However to actually sell something they have to have action scenes with regenerating snakes and rock golems.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Haha Hejlug what we would do if the Pokemon universe were real is a wholeee other topic.

The anime is definitely based on the human-pokemon harmony. However, most people would probably contradict my opinion by saying (and speaking the truth) in that all Ash really cares about is battling. However, he develops close friendships with his Pokemon and I'm pretty sure he'd be smart enough to not let them fight to the death.

The manga is more of how I envision the Pokemon world being though.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    IT'S NOT ANY "SIDE STORY"!

It's a completely unrelated series by different author!

When will you guys understand that POKEMON SPECIAL IS NOT THE "MAIN" POKEMON MANGA?!

There are many series, some are pretty unknown (many of them were never released outside Japan) but all are equally canonical!
    Thank you.

If you were a trainer,if you were in pokemon universe(just imagine...) and you knew that your pokemon can die in each battle,would you continue on keeping them in small containers and making them fight to death?
    I dont think the creator thought battling is the most important thing in pokemon.I think its more human-animals harmony.However to actually sell something they have to have action scenes with regenerating snakes and rock golems.
    On PokeBalls, the Pokemon shirk and seem(that being the key word) to be comfortable, so I don't have much of a problem with it. On, battles to possible death, battles weren't really intended for that use. I general, you see them having fun, making a sport of it, if you will. When having a battle for fun, they always stop before any Pokemon can get seriously hurt. When Pokemon are killed or seriously harmed, the situation is pretty life or death in the first place. The trainer are put in as much harm as the Pokemon during those types of "battles".

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
    On PokeBalls, the Pokemon shirk and seem(that being the key word) to be comfortable, so I don't have much of a problem with it. On, battles to possible death, battles weren't really intended for that use. I general, you see them having fun, making a sport of it, if you will. When having a battle for fun, they always stop before any Pokemon can get seriously hurt. When Pokemon are killed or seriously harmed, the situation is pretty life or death in the first place. The trainer are put in as much harm as the Pokemon during those types of "battles".
    Darn! I was just about to say that=D

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Yay Kirara!
    Yay Jim Gaffigan! Dane Cook is good too, let's do a B&E!
    I loooove stand up.

1. Kirara is my FAVORITE anime character!!!
    2. "Hey, it's Bob's birthday today."
    "Ugh, I hate that guy."
    "He has cake."
    "Well, maybe I should say hi."
    3. "ARE YOU WATCHING, DOOR KICKER?!?!"

Ahem. Back on topic. At Hejlug, all I'm saying is that zero death, although death is morbid, is not realistic. Everything that is born must one day die. While the pokemon anime is aimed at children, they could've made it so that most people over 10 don't get a cavity from all of the sugar-coated circumstances. And I agree with invisible-chan.

Years
    @Maxim: Yeah There's the Pocket Monsters Manga (With the absurdly funny Slapstick XD), the DP Adventures (Which I surprisingly liked very much), Pokemon 7 (Reminds me of Detective Conan or Magic Kaito =/) and others that are listed in Dogasu's Backpack (website)

On topic: Well I'm too lazy but I'll just link my old review

@pong: I completely agree. On some of my old posts I Actually said that word per word. XD

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Okay,dont go telling me that everyone dies,i know that.But die for what?Thats useless death.

ultimoechidna

Hacker in training
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008

I wouldn't let my Pokemon die! Return, fearow! (Clicks on run) Textbox: No! there's no running from a Trainer Battle. Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Serious now, I definetly wouldn't take the battle to the death. I like battling, but that's just extreme.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    @Maxim: Yeah There's the Pocket Monsters Manga (With the absurdly funny Slapstick XD), the DP Adventures (Which I surprisingly liked very much), Pokemon 7 (Reminds me of Detective Conan or Magic Kaito =/) and others that are listed in Dogasu's Backpack (website)

On topic: Well I'm too lazy but I'll just link my old review

@pong: I completely agree. On some of my old posts I Actually said that word per word. XD

You said what per word? (Puzzled)

Back