• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The most pathetic looking D/P Pokemon.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
Years
  • STOP IT...STOP IT NOW! Yes, I agree some pokemon don't look so well, but does that really matter? Each pokemon comes with their own abilities and advantages as well as disadvantages. But in one way or another besides how they look I bet many of you would use them because they each have their own unique power...and that you cannot deny!
    You're right, some of them are nice to play, but they really don't look like pokémon, probably because the designer had no possibilities anymore, that'd be hard to create original pokémon when 386 monsters already exist.

Personnaly, I think Azelf, Mexie and Uxie have no charisma ;_;

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
  • Well, I know everyone has their own dislikes and likes about how pokemon look, at first I didn't want a lopunny because i thought it looked to girly, but then I realized pkmn aren't just meant to be judged by their looks, it also matters about their strength and the way they are trained...I say, stop the judging and move on to the growing, because one day you might come across someone who has a pokemon who you think is mighty ugly or u think is patheticly weak...but when it comes and beats your team...dont be so surprised, because with pokemon ANYTHING can happen...am i right or wrong?

In addition to that, when i frist got ruby I didn't like the way sceptile looked (i know this is a 3rd GEN pokemon, but plz bare with me...) but now it is a main power house on my team for the Hoenn...and I'll never regret choosing sceptile as my starter, even if it may not be the best looking pokemon to some...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    personally, Carnivine looks like it was drawn by a 5th grader, and that's giving it credit. lol.
    spiritomb's general design isnt too bad, just a little cleanup and it'd be better.

Years
  • Gastrodon fails epically.
    Same with Burmy, those two annoy me. Not to mention Kricketot and Kricketune, they both are ugly.
    Stunky also looks like a turd and Gible just looks like a midget.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Like Sceptile16 said...you should respect all sorts of pokemon...because one day when one of them you don't like comes to battle you and win, those pokemon will be laughing!
    ALL pokemon should be treated the same way.

The most pathetic looking D/P Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2008
    Hmm...

For looks, yes. For gameplay, I keep a level one magikarp in my party because it redefines the word sucky

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Ah... there are so many I could list. but by far the worst are Combee, Bronzong and Cherrim's bud form. Seriously, they need to come up with more ideas.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Yes, yes, all Pokémon are, in a way, equal and I do treat them the same way. That still doesn't mean that I cannot admit some of them look absolutely ridiculous... But the only thing that really bothers me what comes to their design is that some of the new Pokémon simply don't look like Pokémon at all. They look like some cheap copies from a rip-off game (actually the rip-off games usually have even worse design...). Like Bidoof, Bibarel and expecially Bronzor, they don't look like ral Pokémon at all. And when I first saw Shinx (or Luxio or Luxray), I almost laughed my ass off. However, my best Pokémon at the time is my trusted Luxray whom I like very, very much. Yeah, and Budew was annoying-looking too, but the one I caught is still in my team as a Roselia (who, by the way, looks also a bit... funny). I love Giga Drain..!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Probopass, no doubt.

I literally shouted WTF when I saw that thing for the first time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    So much of you are calling some pokemon so stupid, but I bet you most of you are training them because they have great power within them...

I think I'd have to kill myself if I ever had a Probopass on my team. I'd feel ashamed of having that anywhere other than a hidden corner in my boxes.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
  • I think I'd have to kill myself if I ever had a Probopass on my team. I'd feel ashamed of having that anywhere other than a hidden corner in my boxes.

That's kinda mean, I mean all you have to say is that it's just not your favorite...U don't need to put it to shame...Plus, there are so many ppl out there that might like probopass no matter how it looks...so I think b4 anyone needs to speak they should give a little thought and consideration!

NegaDrain

Deity Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    personally i hate pachirisu.
    such a pointless pokemon that is a frikkin copy of pikachu >=( it even has the cheeks?!
    its weak and should have had an evolution.

watch this space for what i would do to pachirisu

Years
  • And when I first saw Shinx (or Luxio or Luxray), I almost laughed my ass off. However, my best Pokémon at the time is my trusted Luxray whom I like very, very much. Yeah, and Budew was annoying-looking too, but the one I caught is still in my team as a Roselia (who, by the way, looks also a bit... funny). I love Giga Drain..!

How ironic.
    I thought that Luxray and Roselia looked ok...

I was recently playing and bumped into a wild cresselia. It is so ugly i can't explain. And its animation also looks like a 2 year-old made it.

Years
  • The whole idea of the Nosepass/Probopass family is confusing in itself. Why create a Pokemon that apparently can't move at all? (or, according to some of the in-game Pokedex entries, one that moves only a little over 3/8 of an inch every year).

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
  • lol probopas looks like mario! red hat, big nose, mustache. whats not to love? yeah its speed is pathetic but thats because its a rock and steel pokemon.

Back