• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Alola region!

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • This may be a coincidence because the original Alola map featured a cloud that slightly resembled Mewtwo, yet you couldn't catch it. However, when you look at the rift above Poni Island, how Silvally is essentially a poor man's Arceus, right down to the ability and signature move, and the fact that Ultra Space has been compared to the Distortion World, things start to fall into place. It could be possible, but unlikely, that Dialga/Palkia/Giratina could play a role in the plot, or maybe get some more Sinnoh cameos. And then we'll be getting Sinnoh remakes!

Another interesting thing is that there were quite a few references to Sinnoh lore in whats-her-name's lab, Kukui's wife... in her lab, there were book's and stuff about ultra space on top of the Sinnoh lore.

I really do hope those clouds are something, as unlikely as it may be - perhaps they saw all the fan speculation about "seeing legendaries in the clouds" last time around?

The amount of references to Sinnoh increasing wouldn't be a bad thing either, but I question where that would take us since they traditionally do that right around when they're about to release a set of remakes... and that's not likely to happen with the Switch game in development already.

Regarding Zygarde, I'm very, very strongly opposed to its involvement in the plot. It had its generation, and it didn't get a game then - that doesn't mean that they need to keep making it up to fans that like Zygarde. Lore-wise, it doesn't make all that much sense anyway - I don't think the map so far suggests any kind of major ecological incident or shift, and I don't think it makes much sense to assume that Zygarde's role reaches that far outside its own trio, as that would run contrary to most other legendary Pokémon ever.

I highly doubt those clouds have anything to go by. If anything, I think Zygarde has a higher chance of appearing in USMS's main plot than those clouds having some sort of hidden message in them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The thing about individual ultra spaces is really cool, and it makes perfect sense now that I look at that image closer. I wonder what would cause us to go to their ultra spaces instead of them being dropped in Alola? Alternative story, that's what I'm thinking.

I feel like this could be why we shouldn't be too worried about there not being many changes to the map of Alola. If they make it so we can visit new areas through Ultra Wormholes then there could easily be more new locations to explore.

Though, here's another thought. This place that Kartana is in....why are we assuming it's Ultra Space? (I mean we only have one example of Ultra Space and it looked a lot more foreign than this) Isn't there another possibility we haven't considered? That this is a new location in an alternate reality? Maybe we'll be able to use Ultra Wormholes to visit completely different locations in alternate realities.

Maybe it's an alternate reality where people live in harmony with Ultra Beasts.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Though, here's another thought. This place that Kartana is in....why are we assuming it's Ultra Space? (I mean we only have one example of Ultra Space and it looked a lot more foreign than this) Isn't there another possibility we haven't considered? That this is a new location in an alternate reality? Maybe we'll be able to use Ultra Wormholes to visit completely different locations in alternate realities.

I have read that it is most-likely Kartana's Ultra Space. Recall in Sun and Moon where Nebby takes us to Lusamine in Ultra Space. It was a cave-like area, and it was home to Nihilego, and that UB is a part-rock type. So it's most-likely Nihilego's Ultra Space. Other UBs' Ultra Space's theme will probably be based on one of their types, Kartana being part-grass type fits that. Celesteela might take the steel-type Ultra Space imo.

As for the people in Kartana's Ultra Space, recall that both Lusamine and Guzma were in Nihilego's as well. Iirc Guzma said he couldn't get out, so perhaps those NPCs in Kartana's space were also stuck there, too, unable to escape.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, Amazon or some other place said there would be several new islands to explore. We don't see any new islands, so not everything may be on that map.

I went back to check amazon. But I can no longer see the parts that said that anymore. But that is something to remember.

And I can't remember if I said this or not, but we also don't see an area that matches all the Pikachu in the first trailer.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I really do hope those clouds are something, as unlikely as it may be - perhaps they saw all the fan speculation about "seeing legendaries in the clouds" last time around?

The Sun and Moon clouds looked like Lugia and Ho-Oh, but I think we were seeing things because they didn't appear in the game or aftergame.

We weren't "just" seeing things. Guess what games were announced recently? Gold and Silver for the virtual console. Guess what legendaries Johto has? Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • We weren't "just" seeing things. Guess what games were announced recently? Gold and Silver for the virtual console. Guess what legendaries Johto has? Lugia and Ho-Oh.

I think it goes without saying that Gold and Silver would have ended up on the VC anyways. People were seeing things, and I'm surprised people are still trying to justify it.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think it goes without saying that Gold and Silver would have ended up on the VC anyways. People were seeing things, and I'm surprised people are still trying to justify it.

So are we just seeing things now? You cannot deny it this time, with how obvious all three clouds look.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Oh, I completly forgot about the G/S remakes! I wasn't paying attention to the clouds because I thought that the Gen 2 legend clouds didn't mean anything.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I don't understand what you're talking about, the only thing concerning Gen 4 that jumps out at me is the Sinnoh references in SM.

I'm talking about the three clouds on the map in the opening post of this thread. The three clouds that have the same shapes (and colors, mind you) as the main Sinnoh legendaries. That cannot be a coincidence. Or red herring.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    the clouds do not indicate anything special

given that the first three generations have been remade, and that it's been a generation since the last one, and that it's been ~10 years since D/P were released, the obvious next step for Game Freak would be to do Sinnoh remakes, much the same as how G/S on the VC after RBY VC were the obvious thing for them to do

this is not to say that the clouds are not a nod to what they are/did announce soon after, it's just that it's not some cool subtle hint that only a smart select few will get that indicates something no one saw coming--if/when sinnoh remakes are announced soon it should not be surprising to anyone, and the lack of surprise should not be because of some clouds

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • the clouds do not indicate anything special

given that the first three generations have been remade, and that it's been a generation since the last one, and that it's been ~10 years since D/P were released, the obvious next step for Game Freak would be to do Sinnoh remakes, much the same as how G/S on the VC after RBY VC were the obvious thing for them to do

But don't expect Sinnoh remakes to come this generation, because I literally don't see the need for them if you can get the lake trio, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina exactly one generation before, as well as the Sinnoh starters. Also, you can play D/P/Pt on the 3DS as well, so why remake a game you can still play on the system? To be honest, the whole debacle about Sinnoh remakes when US/UM were announced is a repeat of what happened when B2/W2 were announced, and it's usually the result of ignorant fans who don't understand how remakes work and why they are created. To be honest, I fell for this as well expecting Hoenn remakes in Gen V, and being disappointed when X/Y were revealed. Remakes aren't purely created on fan demand, but to allow past regions to be updated to current standards and be played with the current-gen handheld. Let's compare the overall (negative!) fan reactions of B2/W2 and US/UM's reveals, just to get a perspective:

B2/W2 reveal reactions
    "OMG WHERE IS MY POKEMON GRAY??"
    "OMG WHY THE HELL IS THIS NOT ON 3DS??""
    "OMG WHERE ARE MY HOENN REMAKES??"

US/UM reveal reactions
    "OMG WHERE IS MY POKEMON STARS??"
    "OMG WHY THE HELL IS THIS NOT ON SWITCH??"
    "OMG WHERE ARE MY SINNOH REMAKES??"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Spoiler:

I wonder if its possible for Alola to have a major city like New Tork city in USUM.
    I guess Ula'ula is only Island that can have a city like this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Spoiler:

I wonder if its possible for Alola to have a major city like New Tork city in USUM.
    I guess Ula'ula is only Island that can have a city like this.

Don't B/W already have a city that resembles NYC?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I don't see Sinnoh remakes happening this Gen, but I do think that there may be some alluding or connection to them in USM. Completely ignoring the clouds issue, there are several blatant references to Sinnoh lore in SM, and even one of them is a Pokemon created by an organization who also happened to study the Sinnoh myths. It's also interesting that people have made comparisons of the ultra wormhole we see in the new map to the Distortion World, and I'm guilty of that one especially. I also liken Lusamine entering Ultra Space to Cyrus entering the Distortion World, as well as Lusamine and Cyrus themselves as people. I have a little theory involving Necrozma and Sinnoh, but that's for another thread and when I can properly sort out my thoughts on it.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't see Sinnoh remakes happening this Gen, but I do think that there may be some alluding or connection to them in USM. Completely ignoring the clouds issue, there are several blatant references to Sinnoh lore in SM, and even one of them is a Pokemon created by an organization who also happened to study the Sinnoh myths. It's also interesting that people have made comparisons of the ultra wormhole we see in the new map to the Distortion World, and I'm guilty of that one especially. I also liken Lusamine entering Ultra Space to Cyrus entering the Distortion World, as well as Lusamine and Cyrus themselves as people. I have a little theory involving Necrozma and Sinnoh, but that's for another thread and when I can properly sort out my thoughts on it.

Hearing that reminds me of my theory of Zygarde's connection to the Hoenn Mascots xD.

I look forward to reading your theory once you finish it :).

Now about Sinnoh remakes, I don't see them being the next main games. I just can't see them begin a new generation with remakes.

Now, that area with Kartana-like leaves. Some think that it's a redesign of the first trial. Others think that it could be a new place in Malie Garden.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • An interesting tidbit, but TPC Japan just released a small clip of the player encountering Hiker Dave at the top of Wela Volcano instead of Kiawe like you normally would.

Another thing I wanted to point out to add on to my earlier post about Zygarde is Resolution Cave. Eerily similar layout to Terminus Cave and you find a Zygarde Cell in the spot you would find 50% in Terminus Cave. Also, "terminus" and "resolution" both have similar meaning as something being final... terminus being the end of something, and resolution meaning intention and being resolved. You also encounter Guzzlord in it during the UB mission, and it's also a Dragon-type like Zygarde.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • An interesting tidbit, but TPC Japan just released a small clip of the player encountering Hiker Dave at the top of Wela Volcano instead of Kiawe like you normally would.

Another thing I wanted to point out to add on to my earlier post about Zygarde is Resolution Cave. Eerily similar layout to Terminus Cave and you find a Zygarde Cell in the spot you would find 50% in Terminus Cave. Also, "terminus" and "resolution" both have similar meaning as something being final... terminus being the end of something, and resolution meaning intention and being resolved. You also encounter Guzzlord in it during the UB mission, and it's also a Dragon-type like Zygarde.
    source cos you didn't include it for some reason:

so doesn't look like there's a trial here at all.

Back