• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL Discussion Thread

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
  • What I find funny is the Patriots are trying to claim they didn't know the balls were deflated which is complete nonsense. I'm sorry, but anyone can tell when a ball is deflated, just like the defender on the Colts knew as soon as he came in contact with the ball. It wasn't the reason they won, because clearly the Pats outplayed the Colts offensively and defensively, Colts didn't have a chance; but I still see it as cheating. Once a cheater always a cheater. The Patriots history of cheating is the sole reason why I despise them as a team. I hope Seattle does the same to the Pats as they did to Denver last year. Tbh, if I was in control of this situation, I'd ban Brady from playing in the Superbowl because he knows damn well the balls were deflated with him being a QB and I'd fire Belichick because he knew as well.
    I definitely wouldn't fire Belichick; that'd shatter the franchise.
    I really think they knew. I mean, COME ON. Brady is the QUARTERBACK, you know, the guy who throws the football. In fact, didn't a Colts defender catch a pick, and feel the ball was "lighter?"

I'd suspend Belichick for half a season, along with players involved, and drop the Patriots first-round picks for 2015. Also, let's not forget fines!

This isn't as bad at all, as Bountgate. The Saints paied dearly for that.

Anyway, I'm going for the Pats! TOM BRADY.
    However, I really hope that this turns out to be a fantastic game from start to finish.

Reactions: dad

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I mean, if Goodell or other high NFL spokespeople don't participate in media day, why should Lynch be obliged to? If he wants to concentrate for the game, then by all means he should be allowed to. He technically is still following the rules of the league, however, I think it's ridiculous how the league would have fined him a cool $500K if he didn't show up as well as the fact that the league is mulling over fining Lynch for his "Beast Mode" hat that he wore.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Pretty much agree on your perspective. It would be ridiculous to fine him $500k since as you said that he technically followed the rules. However, there was no rule involving what a player is allowed to say and not to say, so in this case, Lynch did play his games right, albeit it sparked a trolling trend.

Still, my utmost respect to Lynch. Even if he does end up fined (which I doubt), I'm sure Seahawks fans or whoever that sponsors him will pay for his fine.

Years
  • Lynch is right. I think there should be an ability for the players to get out of media discussions through some sort of negotiation with the NFL. I mean they can think of something! It's just kind of sad to watch at this point. Obviously the man doesn't want to speak to the media.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • The NFL Discussion Thread

Ok, now this is just.......just......

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • That's too good; if anything, if the Seahawks lose, he could most likely touch it up so the tattoo is last year's Super Bowl.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Unbelievable!

You have Marshawn fucking Lynch on the 1-yard line and you throw!? I hate te Pats, but the Seahawks deserved that loss. Idiotic call there.

And now there's a fight...

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • As a Pats fan, my heart hurts with the emotional roller coaster I had to go through.

Great game, great close game. The Super Bowl definitely lived up to its expectations.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Unbelievable!

You have Marshawn fucking Lynch on the 1-yard line and you throw!? I hate te Pats, but the Seahawks deserved that loss. Idiotic call there.

And now there's a fight...

Seriously. I was sincerely and honestly shocked that there was an interception. I was like HOW DID YOU NOT RUN IT WITH MARSHAWN LYNCH IN YOUR BACKFIELD?

I was rooting for the Patriots the whole way but I couldn't believe that call. Just ridiculous.

Years
  • I always get caught up in Superbowl fever despite never really watching too much American Football throughout the rest of the season, but this is on another level. It might only be the fourth Superbowl I've watched, but it was the greatest by far. It definitely makes up for last year's disappointingly one sided game.

What an ending though, I mean everything from the Kearse catch onwards was just pure jaw dropping. Just wow.

Also cheers Pats & cheers Gronk for winning me a bet.

Years
  • probably the only time chris collinsworth said something logical: "if the pats stop marshawn lynch twice on the 1 yard line, then they deserve the super bowl". but no, darrell bevell pulls the worst play call ive EVER seen out of his ass. absolutely astoundingly horrible. right after the most miraculous catch i've ever seen. crazy game, the seahawks had it, and then gave it away. I almost can't blame russell, because he never should've been throwing it in the first place.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Stuff like that is the reason I can't get too much into football anymore. They do the stupidest of plays sometimes and I just can't watch it, I get too excited over little things like a running back cutting at the exact angle that leads him straight into a group of 3 or 4 guys when the other direction was completely open. And then I don't really have a preferred team so I'm just getting po'd the entire game. But good for the Pats, I hate them but I prefer them over the seahawks.

Years
  • I did think the end of the Superbowl was very intense since it came down to the wire. Although it started off uneventful, it was not predictable, that much I can say. We had a lot of people amazed at how the Patriots intercepted the Seahawks with seconds left, and even though we weren't thrilled that New England won I could still appreciate the outcome.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • probably the only time chris collinsworth said something logical: "if the pats stop marshawn lynch twice on the 1 yard line, then they deserve the super bowl". but no, darrell bevell pulls the worst play call ive EVER seen out of his ass. absolutely astoundingly horrible. right after the most miraculous catch i've ever seen. crazy game, the seahawks had it, and then gave it away. I almost can't blame russell, because he never should've been throwing it in the first place.

I can blame Russell Wilson. As a quarterback, you need to evaluate your options - throwing such a tight ball would have such implications if done incorrectly (as evident by the outcome.) If he's truly great, as some people like to call him, then he should have just thrown it away; it was only second down, plenty of time on the game clock, and you had one timeout in which you can attempt two running plays with arguably one of the best running backs in the league. Yes, it was a poor play choice, but I don't put Russell Wilson off the hook for making such a horrendous decision to throw it in such tight coverage.

Either way, that play didn't define the game. Seattle had a 10 point lead going into the fourth quarter and ultimately blew it. The New England defense locked down and stopped Seattle when it mattered most. If it wasn't because of a "Patriot's Curse" with that admittedly lucky and amazing catch by that Seattle receiver at the 5, then Seattle would have had a very slim chance of winning in my opinion. Considering Browner had been moved to cover Matthews and the height advantage of the receiver was now irrelevant, New England had taken away Seattle's greatest receiving weapon.

I still profess that this was one of the best Super Bowl's in a long time, but I still believe that New England really outplayed Seattle. They found the answer to the Legion of Boom and even though Seattle did get 2 INTs, the way that New England was able to move the ball down the field in such long, elaborate dunk-and-go plays was incredible. If Wilson didn't throw those deep balls to Matthews in that matchup/Browner was on him from the start, then this could have been a completely different game in my opinion.

Years
  • If Russell threw the ball as soon as it was snapped, or if he threw it more to the outside of Lockette instead of the inside, it would've won the game, Bevell would be called a mastermind, and the Seahawks would have been a dynasty. I personally still think they are a dynasty and will most likely get to the SB again next year and quite possibly win it, but wow what a missed opportunity on such a risky play. Bevell tried to outsmart everyone, but if you're trying to use the element of surprise, make it a surprise. PLAY ACTION. READ OPTION. Don't start Russell in shotgun with Lynch in an offset stance... That literally is screaming "pass" to the defense.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Do you think that Seattle can actually make it back to the Super Bowl? I have my doubts, to be honest. With their defensive coordinator gone, Sherman being gone for possibly the whole year due to Tommy Lee surgery, and the fact that a formula has been shown to work against a once impregnable defense, I feel that Seattle's defense is going to be exploited by a good deal of teams in the NFC that are emerging as really good teams.

Plus, just to add insult to injury, Seattle has a lot of contracts that they need to settle in the near future, including their most potent offensive weapon Lynch who was on record earlier in the season saying he was possibly wanting out of Seattle. So, with teams like Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans, and a healthy Arizona and Philadelphia, I find that Seattle is going to have a tough road next year getting back to the Super Bowl.

Years
  • Certainly not gonna be easy, but they have the core to get it done, and if they retain Lynch the chances increase even more. Though right now, I'm liking Detroit and Dallas' chances at making it to the big one next season. As for the AFC side, personally I feel like the Pats live and die with Brady, and I think that's what makes them so boring to watch, but as soon as Brady retires, they will be an interesting team to watch again with Garappolo under center.

Surprise playoff teams next year (potentially): Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins, or Bills

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I'm late to comment on this super bowl drama, but I must say.. I can't be happier that the Patriots won. While I may not be a fan, I really don't like the Seahawks and as a Cardinals fan and Arizona Native, I was ecstatic to see them lose the big one in MY stadium. It was also nice seeing Tom Brady win his fourth super bowl ring, as well as spreading the touchdowns between four different receivers. I was so happy when I saw Richard Sherman's face on the sideline, or when I saw the ball sail right into Butler's hands. It was a magical super bowl, that's for sure. I couldn't have asked to see a better game with the conditions given.

Back