• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Shinji has appeared in over eleven episodes and has had a lot of cameos. I think you've been watching too much of Johto/Kanto if you think a Pokemon rival has only five episodes. DP doesn't do that. Nozomi, Hikari's rival, appears so often it's absurd and that's partly why everyone is sick of her.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    There is a problem with that, I watch NOTHING BUT those two since I can't stand Diamond and Pearl well the TV show that is but I like the video games. You can at least give me credit for trying sure I don't like it but I actually made myself watch a few episodes and I could not watch them for longer than a few minutes no matter how hard I tried. It was the same thing with Advanced Generation as well but I had other interests coming into my life at the time and did not have time for a TV show which I did not enjoy anymore.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    There is a problem with that, I watch NOTHING BUT those two since I can't stand Diamond and Pearl well the TV show that is but I like the video games. You can at least give me credit for trying sure I don't like it but I actually made myself watch a few episodes and I could not watch them for longer than a few minutes no matter how hard I tried. It was the same thing with Advanced Generation as well but I had other interests coming into my life at the time and did not have time for a TV show which I did not enjoy anymore.

I agree. I mean, I also tried to watch DP, but I stopped at the episode where Ash lost to Roark. And I was going to probably stop even sooner thanks to Dawn's Bratz moment back in Setting the world on it's Buneary. I also tried to Watch AG, but I found it unbearable, even after the comforting (albeit shocking) revelation that May's voice wasn't the whiney poodlish voice I heard at Scottish Rites.

(However, that belief would soon change with Temple of the Sea, after hearing May's voice, which sounded similar to that voice I heard back then. and her not helping Manaphy in the climax didn't help, in fact, it made my angst towards her even worse.).

I at least thought Game May was good, and that Game Dawn was great. since their personalities aren't like that... ergh, I'm not getting into it...

anyways, I do have the entire Season 1 box sets. But I can't watch OI episodes due to the fact that I wasn't able to get them before the Boycott initiation, that's also why I can't watch Johto. In fact, not counting all three Johto Movies, the only thing that's even close to Watching Johto Episodes without Cartoon network is a supposed Season 4 Boxset I got from Ebay, which even then, I can't watch it because I don't know if it's a pirated copy or a legit version.

I covered it on Waterflower World, but I hadn't gotten any answers in regards to what it is since June. Nickstr, if you can, please answer if they are legit versions or Pirated copies.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
    Anyways, I don't know if you remember this or not, but Masamitsu Hidaka said this as to why he removed Misty from the main cast (and ultimately, why they replace girls from now on), which caused a LOT of controversy on the forums:

Quote:
    So then I said, "Why can't you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl." His following answers made me laugh my head off – I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that). He also said Ken Sugimori designs a new girl with each generation and that gives them another excuse to switch the girl, though I reminded him that there is also a new boy with each generation too, and it wouldn't hurt to use them.
    o.O OMG i hope he just joked. Where did yopu find this Quote Weedle?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Weedle got that quote from the official interview with the storyboard director / director of the anime on PokeBeach. There are actually two interview with that guy. He later said Misty will never return to the main cast, but will continue to make cameo appearances like she has in the past. He also hinted it might be at some battling competition to get her into Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Weedle got that quote from the official interview with the storyboard director / director of the anime on PokeBeach. There are actually two interview with that guy. He later said Misty will never return to the main cast, but will continue to make cameo appearances like she has in the past. He also hinted it might be at some battling competition to get her into Sinnoh.

Yeah, though considering the facts that he was demoted to being a Background Designer rather than a Director, he's really in no position to say that for me (and, basically, anyone else, for that matter) to take it seriously (Plus, it was something even WPM stated, and I really hate it when people like "Ling Ling" think I'm not being serious and demand proof.), The same goes to stuff like Ash not leaving, and Ash's old Pokemon returning (IE, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, Primeape, etc, etc.).

Plus, he didn't even know Platinum was going to be out (I can understand his denying Arceus's existance, since it's not even supposed to be officially revealed yet, but Platinum has been known by nearly everyone and their brother to be in development, and they revealed a bit too much as it is to deny it's existance, and yet he legitimately didn't know.), so why should we take him seriously.

I mean, to quote Claire Bennet from Heroes:

"The future is not yet set in stone."

Of course, even IF he was still the director, considering how the Japanese writers officially "Confirmed" that we would meet Ash's father in Season 5 (which turned out not to be. Officially confirmed, my foot.), I can't say we should trust him in regards to future events, as he might end up lying. I mean, I can at least trust the part in regards to his reasons for replacing Misty, his creating May and Dawn, his creation of Tracey/removal of Brock, the GS ball, I can trust, as those are "past" events where he was still the director, and that he at least gave an answer and took a significant amount of time to be validated.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    From my understanding there is no official Pokemon season 4 box set which has been released in DVD region 1 so that is possibly a pirated one. But I do know that one has been released in New Zealand (DVD region 4) which is official.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    From my understanding there is no official Pokemon season 4 box set which has been released in DVD region 1 so that is possibly a pirated one. But I do know that one has been released in New Zealand (DVD region 4) which is official.

The only thing I have an absolute idea about it is that I didn't get it from the USA. What I do know is that it was from some country in Japan (either Taiwan, Cantonese, or whatever produces english translations that aren't readily available to other countries.)

Here's the boxed set in question:

And I bought it a few days after christmas of last year using an Ebay card. I don't want to watch it, just in case it was pirated.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    A bit random but I was just thinking of something. Everyone knows how Misty hates bugs. But I also remember her bashing on carrots and peppers. I understand why one would hate carrots but anyone find it strange that she hates peppers?

Also, would Misty be a cat person or a dog person?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    A bit random but I was just thinking of something. Everyone knows how Misty hates bugs. But I also remember her bashing on carrots and peppers. I understand why one would hate carrots but anyone find it strange that she hates peppers?

Well, if she meant "Chili Peppers", yes, I can understand that (I had a bad experience with the Halapenoes variety during a making pizza party for New Years Eve, and the fact that they portray Chili Peppers (you know, Halapenoes and the like) as scalding your mouths and possibly making you sick didn't help matters either.

Also, would Misty be a cat person or a dog person?

well, I'm not sure. She has had hints of having a slight dislike of Meowth due to the Team Rocket Meowth (though it lessened completely when she said "Oh, well it's comforting to know that there are millions of other Meowth" in "Our Hero Meowth"). However, since it has to do with Cats and Dogs instead of Meowths and Growlithes/Houndours or Skitties and Poochyenas.

Well, anyone want to tell me whether the Johto thing is legit or fake?

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
    I like carrots even more than pappers.
    I have a question. Can you give links to the sites with AAML fanarts? Please. I can't find them athough I'm trying. I had every site saved on my comp but I cancelled it.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I used to hate both, but since got over it. So I dont find it strange she hated Peppers. I think that means she must hate curry then...

would Misty be a cat person or a dog person?
    I think shes a dog person. Not just from her interaction with Meowth but she's been indifferent to Georgio's Delcatty and May's Skitty (i think... cant remember much of that episode). Plus she kinda thought Growlithe was cute in one episode.

Weedle, its a fake. Here's the give away: The Advance Generation Cast is on the DVDs and Movie characters are on it. Also, Marina for Season 2 is on the back, Meditite hadn't Debuted (or announced) yet and it was on the back of the case and the whole front of the case had nothing from the Johto saga in it besides the name. Mewtwo was not present in that season as were the restt of the pokemon on the front. Sorry, you got ripped off Weedle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Weedle, its a fake. Here's the give away: The Advance Generation Cast is on the DVDs and Movie characters are on it. Also, Marina for Season 2 is on the back, Meditite hadn't Debuted (or announced) yet and it was on the back of the case and the whole front of the case had nothing from the Johto saga in it besides the name. Mewtwo was not present in that season as were the restt of the pokemon on the front. Sorry, you got ripped off Weedle.

Yeah, I now know what you mean. As for Mewtwo not being in that season, technically he was, as the TV Special "Mewtwo Returns" featured Mewtwo, and aired in the fourth Season.

grrgh, I can't believe I wasted my Ebay Gift Card I had gotten that christmas for pirated rubbish!! Now, since I'm on a boycott, and my cable provider isn't available even if I wasn't, theres no chance for me to watch it! Oh well. At least the June 2nd and June 3rd episodes of Johto season 4 were good enough. Besides, I can't go back to buying Pokemon Related Merchandise. Not until they bring back Misty to the Main Cast, or if the Anime is shut down.

Speaking of Misty, or rather, videos of her, when are you guys going to comment on "Part 1" of my Bring Misty Back Video? I mean, I haven't gotten any reviews since it was published on Youtube on Late July/Early August, plus, I've bought online a proper video editing system that does do multiple blurs, so I suggest you try and respond, oh, about a week from now?

for the record, please return to my post on page 271 (It should be the last post on that page.) to view my video. I'm sorry for seeming like a pest, but I don't feel appreciated when I created something or done something for my friends as I promised them, and they don't really comment on it, when I did it for them, and I feel as though it was a waste even trying to publish something to help.

Anyways, that's all for now.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Well, if she meant "Chili Peppers", yes, I can understand that (I had a bad experience with the Halapenoes variety during a making pizza party for New Years Eve, and the fact that they portray Chili Peppers (you know, Halapenoes and the like) as scalding your mouths and possibly making you sick didn't help matters either.
    In the episode where she went through her list, an image of bell peppers appeared so I should've mentioned that they were the bell variety.

grrgh, I can't believe I wasted my Ebay Gift Card I had gotten that christmas for pirated rubbish!! Now, since I'm on a boycott, and my cable provider isn't available even if I wasn't, theres no chance for me to watch it! Oh well.

I could've sworn seeing an official boxset of season 4 once...
    Weedle, how desperate are you for the episodes? Desperate enough to go through the shadowy parts of the internet?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I could've sworn seeing an official boxset of season 4 once...
    Weedle, how desperate are you for the episodes? Desperate enough to go through the shadowy parts of the internet?

I tried Amazon.com, and I didn't find it on there. Heck, when I got it off of Ebay, I had no idea that it was a fake. I suspected it a few months later.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Amazon is where I looked for the DVD sets at first but they wanted nearly $40 just for one three disc set! Ebay is actually where I got the DVD sets I have now for $25 a piece and I am 100% sure they are legit since they were distributed by Viz and have the correct copyright information along with region code protection and Macrovision encryption on each disc (that right there is a dead give away as pirated DVDs will not have Macrovision encryption or region code protection) and also feature the correct main cast on the discs. One of the discs in the first box set prominently features Misty on the cover of the case and also in the main menu and has a picture of Starmie on the disc its self. I would not call Ebay shadowy at all but would use caution if you don't want to end up with pirated discs and one way to avoid doing so is to buy from Ebay stores which are well established and have good feedback since these people will not be selling pirated DVDs.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I would not call Ebay shadowy at all
    -_-
    Not referring to Ebay. Referring to something else that isn't exactly legal. It involves downloading.

I have a topic idea
    If Misty were to have her own ending, what op/ed (opening/ending) would it be most similar to, music wise? filb.de has the Japanese op/eds.

IMO Together 2008 with more of the original Together influence, would be a great music style for Misty. It has electric guitar and would make Misty's song portray her as a strong, tough and independent girl.

Perhaps the song could be based on the in-game music from Cerulean city or even the surf song of the generation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    -_-
    Not referring to Ebay. Referring to something else that isn't exactly legal. It involves downloading.

Believe me, I don't usually try it. Though now that I mention it, I really have to lock Youtube from sites I visit.

If Misty were to have her own ending, what op/ed (opening/ending) would it be most similar to, music wise? filb.de has the Japanese op/eds.

Well, Openings... I think one that features her with Water Pokemon, a flashback to her parents, and perhaps their murder, maybe her becoming so angry she transforms into a form similar to a Super Saiyan, a brief cameo of Ariel from The Little Mermaid, and lastly, her with her friends.

BTW, Nickstr, I read about your comments on what the ratings of AG and DP are truly like, and I was wondering if you could post a link to the ratings of every season (besides Season 6, as I think I can acquire those) (as well as the ratings for the Johto Sagas), for both the American and Japanese versions on here. I mean, it could serve us well in bringing Misty back, among other things. Besides, no offense, but some people feel as though they need proof of things other than your word.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back