• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'mma sign you guys up now, also if anyone cares I'm doing HG again and I got a party wipe Vs. Morty but came back and destroyed him although it was actually an hour long because his gengar used Mean Look on a normal type -_-

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Since Chaos doesn't wanna Sabotage with me, anyone wanna be my sabotage partner? If no-one replies in a week, I'll do a normal Nuzzy instead.
    Meh I'll do it on Gold with you.Just so it can be Version Rivals + I can abuse Speed Button :D

Since Chaos doesn't wanna Sabotage with me, anyone wanna be my sabotage partner? If no-one replies in a week, I'll do a normal Nuzzy instead.
    Meh I'll do it on Silver with you.Just so I can abuse Speed Button :D

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I was about to sudgest Chikorita myself,because besides Bulbasaur it is my favorite starter,plus I chose Totodile so I can treat you as my Rival ingame.

IMO besides the E4,Chikorita makes it Easy Modo being Bulky.Well HG/SS wise,I never played II Gen

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
  • Hey so I started my Nuzlocke run on Pokemon Leaf Green before I joined this forum (about a week ago) it's not too late to record my adventure here right?
    (these are kind of from memory, so bear with me)
    Rules
    -Only catch first pokemon in that area
    -When a pokemon faints it must be released
    -Battle style on "SET"
    Spoiler:

-

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Ok, so here's a new update on my Sapphire run. I'm working on a plot for the comic, may have it ready soon.

Anyways, after defeating Winona and witnessing the death of my beloved Joe the Kecleon, I kept travelling onward to Lilycove. I stopped at the Safari Zone to see what I could find, and I caught a Phanpy, who I named Dan. Dan would have become a great team member... If he hadn't died to a Gloom that Absorbed him to death (Note: It wouldn't let me run from the battle... >_<). RIP Dan.
    Before arriving at the Safair Zone however, I saw Team Aqua grunts heading towards Mt.Pyre. After quickly grieving about Dan's death, I went there to stop Team Aqua. Before getting to the peak, I encountered a Vulpix. He was immediatly caught and named Victor. I trained him up against multiple trainers and so many Glooms it wasn't even funny, and then picked up a Fire Stone in the Fiery Path. Victor had become a full fledged member of the team.
    I decided to test Victor out on the Aqua Grunts standing in my way. To my surpise, he did exceedingly well even against the water types. I was too late, however - Team Aqua had gotten away with the Reb Orb and was heading towards Slateport! I grabbed the Blue Orb and set out to stop them.
    Once again, I was too late - Archie and one of his goons had already taken the submarine. But they very stupidly told me the location of their hideout. I obviously headed over to Lilycove as soon as I could (Which was like in 2 seconds) and then entered the hideout.
    It was actually a lot easier than I remember, probably because I actually took the right teleporters for once. Andy destroyed every single one of those grunts fairly easily. I have to say, Grass and Rock isn't the best offensive combination of moves, but it has pretty good coverage, only failing to other Grass types. I did however miss out on getting the Master Ball. Whatever, it'll still be there later on... Right?
    Anyways, I travelled on, and reached Mosdeep. I headed back over to Lilycove and caught a Wailmer using my new Super Rod. Wailmer, named Bertha, was to be my HM Slave for these watery routes. I also went to Shoal Cave and caught a Spheal, who I nicknamed Shelly. Currently, I am grinding Shelly.

Team:

254.png

Andy the Bold Sceptile
    Lv.41
    -Leaf Blade
    -Quick Attack
    -Agility
    -Hidden Power (Rock)

297.png

Bruno the Mild Hariyama
    Lv.41
    -Fake Out
    -Strength
    -Vital Throw
    -Arm Thrust

277.png

Earl the Docile Swellow
    Lv.41
    -Aerial Ace
    -Fly
    -Secret Power
    -Quick Attack

038.png

Victor the Naive Ninetales
    Lv.40
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Confuse Ray
    -Overheat
    -Flamethrower

363.png

Shelly the Bashful Spheal
    Lv.28
    -Encore
    -Ice Ball
    -Body Slam
    -Aurora Beam

320.png

Bertha the Brave Wailmer
    Lv.25
    -Surf
    -Dive
    -Rock Smash
    -Astonish

Box:

322.png

Greg the Naughty Numel
    Lv.16

351.png

Derp the Adamant Castform
    Lv.25

263.png

George the Sassy Zigzagoon
    Lv.3

Dead:

328.png

Clair the Quirky Trapinch
    Lvs. 19 - 21

352.png

Joe the Lax Kecleon
    Lvs.30 - 34

Spr_5b_231.png

Dan the Hasty Phanpy
    Lv.29 - 29

Note: I like using the B/W sprites because they like so polished compared to the D/P sprites.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I'll do a run on the original Red.
    With the following rules:
    -Only catch first pokemon in that area
    -When a pokemon faints it must be released
    -Battle style on "SET
    -Nicknames for all! :D
    Will update tomorrow.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Hey Dragonite I just beat Falkner which one is dead?

Brotodile/Totodile Lvl 13 Scratch,Leer,Rage

ORLY?/Hoothoot Lvl 11 Tackle,Growl,Foresight,Peck

MyDude/Geodude Lvl 11 Rock Through,Tackle,Defence Curl

TopPercent/Ratatta Lvl 7 Quick Attack,Tail Whip,Tackle

Gas IV/Gastly Lvl 8 Lick,Hypnosis,Spite

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Update #1:
    • Began my adventure in Red.
    • [Insert Boring Intro stuff here]
    • Picked my starter, Emno the Squirtle.
    • Ran up into Viridian City and bought some Pokéballs
    • Went down into route 1 and caught Noix, the Pidgey
    • Before heading off into Viridian Forest I decided to check out Route 22;
    • Caught Locke, the Nidoran
    • Grinded and accidentally ran into my rival.(They were close to death! T-T)
    • Luckily, with sand attack spam from Noix I made it out alive
    • Recovered from the close call and bought some Antidotes.
    • Continued up through Viridian Forest and caught Shutter, the Caterpie
    • Grinded in the small area before Pewter City and Challenging Brock
    • Went and Challenged Brock and Pulled through easily with Emno :D
    • Saved and quit till tommorow.

The Team and Snapshots :D

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • Hey Dragonite I just beat Falkner which one is dead?

Brotodile/Totodile Lvl 13 Scratch,Leer,Rage

ORLY?/Hoothoot Lvl 11 Tackle,Growl,Foresight,Peck

MyDude/Geodude Lvl 11 Rock Through,Tackle,Defence Curl

TopPercent/Ratatta Lvl 7 Quick Attack,Tail Whip,Tackle

Gas IV/Gastly Lvl 8 Lick,Hypnosis,Spite
    I'll be nice, and kill your Geodude instead of your Totodile. Hoothoot escaped death because of it's cool nickname. Anyway, I just beat Falkner. Which one of my team are you gonna kill?

Chikobro-Chikorita M-LV10-Razor Leaf, Tackle, Growl
    Ratasis- Rattata F- LV9- Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
    Ratabro-Rattata M- LV9- Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Dead Pokemon:
    Geobro the Geodude-Died to a trained LV3 Bellsprout
    YA RLYsis the Hoothoot-Died to a wild Rattata

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Say your prayers Ratabro TopPercent will be the only Male Ratatta Alive.

Oh and your not allowed to kill someones Starter.Everything else is fair game though.

My challenge is post poned because Im at my grandmom's and I was playing a ROM Silver.And the Computer is at home.

I will continue Monday though.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Alright, new update time.

I grinded my new teammate, Shelly, up to about Level 44 so she was a Walrein. I also visited Pacifidlog Town, where I taught Return to Earl. I grinded everyone else up to level 44, and entered the Seafloor Cavern. All the grunts were defeated easily by Bruno, who can wipe out a Carvahna with one Arm Thrust hit (Fraility FTW?). Then came Archie, who I tested Shelly's new form out on. I have to say - Walreins own Archie's team. Surf was a 1HKO on Mightyena, Ice Beam was a 1HKO on Crobat, and I simply Body Slammed Sharpedo to death while it struggled to do damage.
    After the battle, Kyogre obviously escaped. I flew to Sootopolis, which I had visited earlier, and met up with Steven and Wallace. From there, I entered the Cave of Origin.
    Kyogre was no match for a duo of Andy and Shelly. Shelly weakened it to the point that it had about half its HP left. Then, Andy came in and Leaf Bladed it. I nearly laughed at how much EXP a legendary sea monster gave out - 1400. Even Gabby and Ty's Pokemon give out more than that each.
    After beating Kyogre, I entered the Sootopolis gym. Together with Andy, I was unstoppable. Nobody, even Wallace, stood a chance against Andy's high powered Leaf Blades. After nabbing my badge, I surfed to Ever Grande City, and entered Victory Road. Once there, I caught a Medicham, who I named Gary. Because Gary's Hi-Jump-Kicks did a lot of damage to my team, I exited that place and started to grind my team up to a better level (Level 45 is... Eh...). Currently, I am still grinding.

Team:

Andy - Sceptile Lv.46 - Leaf Blade,Hidden Power (Rock), Quick Attack, Agility
    Gary - Medicham Lv.45 - Mind Reader, Brick Break, Hi Jump Kick, Shadow Ball
    Bruno - Hariyama Lv.46 - Fake Out, Strength, Vital Throw, Earthquake
    Shelly - Walrein Lv.46 - Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Aurora Beam
    Earl - Swellow Lv.45 - Aerial Ace, Fly, Secret Power, Return
    Victor - Ninetales Lv.45 - Hidden Power (Ice), Confuse Ray, Overheat, Flamethrower

Box:

Greg - Numel lv.17
    Derp - Castform Lv.25
    George - Zigzagoon Lv.3
    Bertha - Wailmer Lv.25

Dead:

Dan - Phanpy Lv.29-29 - Died to a Gloom that I couldn't run from
    Joe - Kecleon Lv.30-34 - Died to Winona's Altaria
    Clair - Trapinch Lv.20-21 - Died to an opposing Trapinch during grinding

I have to say, I've been lucky during this run. Only three of my Pokemon have died... But all goood things have to come to an end. I'm expecting a couple of my current main fighters to die in the E4 challenge.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • I've been looking for a new challenge, I'll give this a go on Fire Red if I may :)

Update Time...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • Username: ~Hot n' Cold~
    Name: Nuzkaty
    Challenge: Nuzlocke Challenge (Rules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
    Versions: Red, Silver, Emerald, FireRed, Pearl, and HeartGold

I'm starting on Red.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Jeez, now I want to do an Ultimate challenge because this challenge is so fun, but the problem is I already started on Sapphire and Heartgold...

If I did an ultimate, would I be able to include both runs in it? Probably not, I'm guessing, but could I still? If I can't, I'll gladly just do a normal Ultimate after finishing Sapphire and Heartgold.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back