• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yeah, I remember that. The thing with the Wobuffet, right ?
    So, yeah, I guess I'll just forget the 2nd Drowzee I killed in a single run. I'm curently grinding a little for Morty, when I beat him expect an update... (:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    About the comic, it's going to take a while to set it up. Because I have Drawers Block :/ And I can't draw humans.

So in the mean time I'll be doing a White Nuzlocke (non-metronome) using a bunch of Pokemon that are hard to find in Nuzlockes (Milotic, Scizor, Yanmega, Luvdisk, ect.) Start with a team of six (RNG'd) and everytime I lose a pokemon I generate another one (RnG'd) with Pokesav with the same Lvl.

The whole point of it is, in the Nuzlocke Forums they're doing a Fill the Pokedex, kinda thing. When a Pokemon is registered in the HoF on a Nuzlocke run, they add it too the list. I want to improve the list with some rare pokemon that are hard to get in Nuzlocke (2% Encoutner Rate Shibirasu I'm looking at you)

Though I still will be trying to draw Humans D:<

Years
    About the comic, it's going to take a while to set it up. Because I have Drawers Block :/ And I can't draw humans.

So in the mean time I'll be doing a White Nuzlocke (non-metronome) using a bunch of Pokemon that are hard to find in Nuzlockes (Milotic, Scizor, Yanmega, Luvdisk, ect.) Start with a team of six (RNG'd) and everytime I lose a pokemon I generate another one (RnG'd) with Pokesav with the same Lvl.

The whole point of it is, in the Nuzlocke Forums they're doing a Fill the Pokedex, kinda thing. When a Pokemon is registered in the HoF on a Nuzlocke run, they add it too the list. I want to improve the list with some rare pokemon that are hard to get in Nuzlocke (2% Encoutner Rate Shibirasu I'm looking at you)

Though I still will be trying to draw Humans D:<

I thought this was the Pokecommunity?
    Anyhow, good luck with the run and comic.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Ugh, I haven't updated for a while. Anyhow, I've been focusing mainly on getting Platinum done. Next is FireRed, then Ruby, then HeartGold, and then Black (When I get it).

I've done so much in Plat that I'm just going to state my team, the boxees, and who's dead. Currently I'm training up for the Canalave Gym

Team:
    -Riptide the Empoleon, Lv.41 - Brine, Peck, Surf, Grass Knot
    -Starscream the Staraptor, Lv.40 - Aerial Ace, Return, Fly, Close Combat
    -Storm the Luxray, Lv.40 - Thunder Fang, Swagger, Bite, Iron Tail
    -Machoman the Machamp, Lv.41 - Payback, Submission, Cross Chop, Karate Chop
    -Aghast the Gengar, Lv.40 - Sucker Punch, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Night Shade
    -DerpDoof the Bidoof, Lv.3 - Tackle, Rock Smash, Cut

Box:
    Scorpia the Gligar, Lv.16
    Sewage the Bronzor, Lv.18
    Stevie the Eevee, Lv.20
    Hardcore the Geodude, Lv.21
    Psy the Kadabra, Lv.22
    Pimp the Porygon, Lv.25
    Dr.Doom the Houndour, Lv.23
    4-Is the Girafarig, Lv.28
    Buggerz the Yanma, Lv.26
    Slugsworth the Gastrodon, Lv.28

Dead:
    Rockstar the Geodude, Lv.24 - Died to a crittin' Gible - RIP
    Jaws the Gabite, Lv.39 - Died to a Kriketune that sang a song and then spammed X-Scissor - RIP

On a side note, I'm about to start making my comic.

Years
    Nice to see challengers starting to make comics! ^_^
    Zaroas, when you get to the Pokemon League, you should really consider
    training that Bronzor of yours. It's great to have a full team and Bronzong is a total bro, not to mention a counter for Cynthia's Garchomp.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm actually going to train Houndour once I get to Snowpoint, and he will remain in my team until the league/he dies. If someone dies somewhere in between, he's in, and Bronzor is too.
    The comic is really going to focus on connecting each and every game.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I thought this was the Pokecommunity?
    Anyhow, good luck with the run and comic.

It it, I'm doing the updates here and the pokedex thing there. I just wanted to state that so you guys could have some backround idea of what'I'm doing that's all.

Years
    I will be continuing my nuzlocke challenge now after such a long break. I will post an update later.

EDIT: I defeated the last two gyms, only losing 2 pokemon, which I will use for hm slaves through Victory Road, as my Pelipper was my only flier, and Azumarill was my water slave. I will post my team when I have defeated the E4.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm actually going to train Houndour once I get to Snowpoint, and he will remain in my team until the league/he dies. If someone dies somewhere in between, he's in, and Bronzor is too.
    The comic is really going to focus on connecting each and every game.

From experience, I'd suggest getting rid of your Luxray if and when you switch your team around. He's not much use from the 8th Gym onwards, especially seeing as his Sp.Atk isn't great and his best Physical STAB move is Thunder Fang.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Hmm... A blog for a Nuzlocke... That's not a bad idea. In fact, I'm going to go make one right now.
    On a side note, I did train Sewage the Bronzor up to a Bronzong before the Canalve Gym (In which he was a great help). Thank gosh it has Levitate and not Heatproof.
    From prior experience, I do know that Luxray (Storm) is essentially helpless after Mt.Coronet. I just caught a Snover (Named Evergreen), who will be replacing Storm before Mt.Coronet. Luxray's going to help me beat Candice with Crunch for Froslass, but Gengar (Aghast) has Thunderbolt so I really don't need his Electric coverage for the Cyrus battle.

Years
    So, after a couple of busy days I got around to play some more FR Omega.
    So, since the victory against Misty costed me my my Lombre (edit: I didn't even update that, apparently. Well, now you know it.), I needed someone to fill up the empty spot in my team. I chose Horsea, but it died while bait-and-switch-grinding because I ran into a Trapinch, and of course it had Arena Trap. Great. So my Cyndaquil went temporarily into the party instead. After I had grinded it to a decent level, I decided to finally challenge my rival on the SS.Anne. I won with no losses, but at the end of the battle, both my Fearow (a true hero, it killed the Jynx) and my Dugtrio were both in the red. Soon after, new Pokemon were caught, and Quilava went back to the box to make room for a Minun. And now, after gloriously having made it through Rock Tunnel with no losses (my Meganium just killed everything, I suppose I grinded a bit too much out of fear of more overpowered bosses), I have arrived in Lavender and am enjoying the town's music. Imaginarily, that is, because I'm playing without sound.

Team, and overview list:
    Spoiler:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Finally got to getting past grinding on Firered. Anyway, here's my first update.

-Named myself Red, named my rival Gary
    -Received a Squirtle at the lab, who I named Gunshow
    -Gunshow defeated Gary's Bulbasaur after a looong battle
    -Delivered the parcel to Oak, got my Pokedex
    -Caught a Rattata on Route 22, named her Razorfang
    -Caught a Pidgey on Route 2, named him Aviator
    -Caught a Weedle in Viridian Forest, named her Venom
    -Grinded everyone up to Level 10, then took on Gary on Route 22
    -Razorfang died to poinsoning in Viridian Forest... RIP Razorfang
    -Made it through the forest
    -Easily defeated Brock with Gunshow's water attacks
    -Caught a Mankey on Route 3, named him Silverback
    -Failed to catch a Zubat in Mt. Moon
    -Silverback soon died to a Pidgey that got a very lucky crit... RIP Silverback
    -Battled a couple trainers in Mt. Moon.

Team:

Gunshow the Wartortle, Lv.17 - Water Gun, Tackle, Bubble, Withdraw
    Aviator the Pidgey, Lv.17 - Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    Venom the Beedrill, Lv.16 - Poison Sting, String Shot, Focus Energy, Fury Attack

Box:

None so far.

Dead:

Razorfang the Ratatta, Lvs.5 - 10 - Died to poisoning from a Weedle
    Silverback to Mankey, Lvs.7 - 8 - Died to a crit Tackle

Years
    I have decided to start another challenge on soulsilver at the moment. I will be playing on my ds, so I cant upload screenshots easily. I will most likely only screenshot my hall of fame pics, defeating red and my trainer card when complete. I will update later (:

EDIT: Day1. I have got 6 pokemon so far and am currently grinding my team to level 8-10 before taking on Sprout Tower and then the gym.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

RIP
    Spoiler:

I will update soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    So, with my trusty Abioye just having evolved into Blaziken, I felt ready to enter Erika's gym. I was perfectly sure she was going to have a Ludicolo, so I planned to spam some Bulk Up while her first Pokemon was out. Unfortunately, said first Pokemon, Vileplume spammed Sleep Powder and Swords Dance at me, leaving me no quier moment to set up. Blaze Kick being unreliable didn't help. So, it happened just like it had to: With not enough Bulk Ups on Blaziken, Peck failed to kill Ludicolo in time, and a rain-boosted surf OHKO what I thought to be my strongest Pokemon. So it was my Fearow's turn. Fly had been killed any of the lackeys' Pokemon in one hit, and the same happened to Ludicolo. Her Jumpluff fell as well. Just to have some serious bull happening right after this: Blissey. It survived Fly, used Ice Beam and my poor Fearow was dead. So I sent out Quilava (I had boxed Meganium and Minun (Dugtrio fell victim to some more hax on the way to Celadon, another crit selfdestruct) before the battle, and took this with me instead), and was pretty sure Ice Beam was its only attacking move. I was wrong. When I thought, I can take one more hit (if that hit will be a crit) before I have to heal, it suddenly also had Seismic Toss. So in the end, all Quilava managed to do against Blissey was leering it once, because it kept getting parahaxed almost every turn. So, with only my good old Beedrill left, I still put up quite a fight. Blissey quickly fell to its wrath, and so did Bellosom, even though that took quite long because of the Leech Seed. But in the end, everything was futile, and there was no way I could beat Vileplume and its Sludge Bomb spam while being paralyzed (if I would have healed it, I would have gotten a worse status pretty soon), Leech Seeded and having bad defense as usual. So Aed the Beedrill, my oldest surviving Pokemon, died the last, and died for no reason. After all the overgrinding I did around Cerulean after suffering heavy losses in the rival battle, I was having an easy time for a while, which caused a false sense of security. The completely random Blissey on her team which I should have been expecting since it's not the first time this game does such things ruined everything. Now I have only 7 Pokemon left, and only two of them are at a decent level. Considering the whole team Rocket stuff and the cycling road, where loads and loads of Koffings and Voltorbs are going to wait for me (I, of course, still have no Psychic types, and my Ground types keep getting murdered by ridiculous hax), not few of them are going to fall. I wonder if I'll at least make it until the end of the rocket part of the game.
    So yeah, rebuilding time. Getting these weaklings that now constitute my team to the mid-30s will not be an easy task. Especially when considering two of them (Vulpix and Bellsprout) have movesets that completely SUCK. Most others aren't much better. Meganium doesn't even have Body Slam yet. Minun is clearly no long-term solution. Gulpin has Sludge, but that's about it. Spearow... will never replace Katina the Fearow.
    tl;dr: I screwed up, as expected.

Team and overview list:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
    THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Check out a more detailed update here

Does using an old rod in a town count as an area? If not i could just release the tentacool i caught in Dewford.

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Little update here.

After losing Silverback the Mankey, I return to Mt. Moon and beat down every trainer there with a combination of Gunshow, Aviator, and Venom. Team Rocket was no match for Venom's powerful Fury Attacks. After battling the nerd, I got myself a Dome fossil.
    Out of the cave, I teach Gunshow Mega Punch and quickly run into the Grass. Ekans! YES! I catch Ekans, I name her Voldemort.
    Now, I don't know how I could've done this, but I forgot about the rival fight near the bridge. So I was totally unprepared for Gary. His Level 17 Pidgeotto (Nice job hacking, Gary) was troublesome for a bit, but then Gary switched to his Bulbasaur while Gunshow was still out, trying to beat that Pidgeotto. Yikes. Aviator is switched in, but gets Sleep Powder'd while doing so. I switch Venom in, who eats a Vine Whip and proceeds to destroy Bulbasaur with Fury Attack. Next, Gary sends Pidgeotto out. I respond with Gunshow, who takes out Pidgeotto with a crit Mega Punch. Gary then sends out Abra, and I send out Venom for the experience to destroy Abra while it tries to Teleport. Next is Rattata, who is also taken out by a Fury Attack. Gosh, Venom is a beast.
    Now, I knew I had to grind for Misty. Thus, I continue on to Nugget Bridge after a run to the Poke Center. I was switch training Voldemort on and after the bridge, and Aviator also evolved into a Pidgeotto in the process. I encountered an Abra on Route 24, but it broke out of my Pokeball and Teleported away. On Route 25 I accidentally killed an Oddish with Gunshow's Mega Punch. I wasn't sure if I was ready for Misty after getting to Bill's house, so I went south after creaming the Rocket Grunt that robbed the house. On Route 5, I caught a Meowth, who I named KooKat. I put him in the box in case anyone were to die or my whole team died. After grinding everyone except Voldemort up to Leveo 20 (She still needed to train), I proceeded to the gym.
    The trainers were not that hard, but I was worried about Misty. I gulped as I proceeded to talk to her. The first Pokemon she sent out, Staryu, hardened for a while and then spammed Water Pulse. No problem for Gunshow, who Mega Punched for a bit but then bit the Staryu into oblivion after Misty used a Super Potion. Next was Starmie, which was what worried me. I send out Venom, as he had just learned Twineedle. Starmie first Water Pulsed Venom, but Venom's absolutely gigantic Sp.Def (Which is there for a reason I don't know... Venom has a nature that doesn't boost anything) made it take that like a champ. Venom countered it with a Twineedle, which almost got it to Red. I was worried that Misty would use a Super Potion, but she didn't. Water Pulse again didn't do much and I Twineedled it for the KO! Venom, you are a freaking BEAST. I have a feeling that she's going to be in my party for a while.

Team:
    Gunshow the Wartortle, Level 20 - Mega Punch, Water Pulse, Bite, Tackle
    Aviator the Pidgeotto, Level 21 - Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    Venom the Beedrill, Level 20 - Poison Sting, String Shot, Twineedle, Firy Attack
    Voldemort the Ekans, Level 17 - Dig, Bite, Poison Sting, Attract

Box:
    KooKat the Meowth, Level 12

Dead:
    Silverback the Mankey, Levels 7 - 7 - Died to a crit Tackle from a Pidgey
    Razorfang the Rattata, Levels 5 - 10 - Died to a Weedle's Poison Sting that poisoned her
    RIP

Does using an old rod in a town count as an area? If not i could just release the tentacool i caught in Dewford.
    Yup, that counts. Towns and Cities count as areas. Unless you got a Pokemon encountered in Dewford before or encountered one there before but didn't catch it (HIGHLY unlikely, I don't think the gym counts), then you'll be able to catch one there using an Old Rod.

Edit: Voldemort just died... RIP.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back