• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Sigh... I typed up the whole message, them my internet froze!
    I normally blab on for ages in my gameplays, but I'm only gonna do some dot points this time.

gameplay
    Spoiler:

Team: With pictures!
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

Routes used
    Spoiler:

Years
    Once again, I managed to lose a challenge. So, after hours and hours of grinding, 6 of my 7 Pokemon were at the secure-looking level 41 (I had actually planned to grind to 40, but accidentally levelled Meganium up one time too much, so the rest followed). Only Aric the Bellsprout, never been anything more than dead weight, did not survive.
    So, it was time to clear the Rocket hideout, as this was the only way to continue, since my only Pokemon able to learn Cut was Meganium which I didn't want to waste for this. Giovanni turned out to be a lot lower than expected and was completely murdered by Tori the Breloom spamming Sky Uppercut (it never missed, amazingly), boosting my confidence even more. Next up was the Gary battle at Pokemon Tower. So, my Ninetales and Fearow killed some stuff with their Flamethrower and Drill Peck spam, and then the dreaded Jynx was sent out. My other Fearow, Katina had defeated it the last time, so I thought Menachem could pull it off at well. Well, I was wrong and Menachem turned out to be slower than Jynx. Damned -speed nature. So, because Rowena the Ninetales was in the red and sleeping (I don't remember exactly why), I needed more time, and sent out Fanette the Minun who died while I healed Ninetales. So Ninetales did manage to kill Jynx, just to be killed by the Kadabra that came out immediately after. With Calm Mind, Psychic and Fire Punch, it killed the entire rest of my team - except Winoc the Swalot, who survived a Psychic with 9 HP left and finished it off with a Sludge. So, of course, with a Swalot being my last Pokemon (well, there also was that Shuppet that died in its second or third battle to a crit) in an area full of things that love using annoying moves such as Curse and Confuse Ray and resist Poison... Exactly, no way I was going to win. But, even while knowing this, I fought myself all the way up to the second highest level of the tower - just to have Swalot die to a Channeler with all 3 of the Gastly line. Damned Curse.
    Well, my conclusion of this run is: FR Omega is not completely, but almost impossible to beat in Set mode. So, here's the plan: I'm not completely giving this up yet, but I'm switching to easy mode: Shift battle style.

Also, the final list.
    Spoiler:

______
    Alright, as for the new attempt (my 4th one already... damn, I suck). I played until after Brock (killed most of his Pokemon with my Bellsprout, Vulpix was taken down by a combination of my Shroomish's Leech Seed and being unable to harm my Magby's Flash Fire (apparently it doesn't have QA) by other means than C-Ray), and this time, everything went a lot better than previously. While I did get no Pokemon on route 1, another bad Pokemon on route 22 (Hoothoot), and did not exactly have luck with natures (my Sunflora is adamant and my Shroomish is timid, exactly what I need), I have up to now not lost any Pokemon yet (the first time I didn't lose one of my very first Pokemon in the level it was caught in), and my team is somewhat grass-heavy, which is not a bad thing since it means status spam. I'd rather have this than the tons of fire types I had in my last run.
    Anyways, here is my team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hilarious how Aric was pretty much the worst of all my Pokemon besides maybe the Skitty, but Iuppiter has been completely awesome so far. I have a good feeling this time. Having Flaaffy (spelling?) and all these grass types means both my rival (his main is Elekid this time) and Misty should be at least somewhat easy to deal with. Now, if I could just get something that will be decent BEFORE level 50 or so in Mt.Moon, I should be fine.

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    It's been a while since I've done one of these, but here's my latest update. :)

Update 7:
    -Made way to Celadon, fairly uneventful

-Got myself an Eevee and named him/her Flashfire... I think you see where this is going.
    -Went shopping, and got myself one of these (Flareon)
    -Next I went to Route 16, got Fly and then found a...
    -Rattata... great. I wasted two pokeballs trying to catch that thing before I got bored and beat it.
    -Got the coin case, went to do some gambling but a strange man caught my eye.
    -Beat him and found a switch behind the poster... went downstairs
    -Proceeded to clear the base.
    -Ah Giovanni, we meet for the first and, I can only imagine, last time.
    -Well that was easy... got a Silph Scope.
    -Armed with nothing more than three pokémon and a telescope, I stepped into the haunted Lavender Tower.
    -I found a Gastly. Must catch.... Yes! Took a couple of goes, but Casper was part of the team :)
    -Unfortunately not for long however, as I forgot that Dark types were implemented on FireRed and a Rattata managed OHKO Casper with a Bite. RIP Casper.
    -I found the Ghost and identified it as a Marowak. Bubbles took care of it easily.
    -Rescued Mr Fuji, and got the PokeFlute. This may come in useful soon... :)
    -Next up was Erika. I had hoped Flashfire would know some sort of Fire Move by now... but it can't be helped. I still led with Flashfire and he did me proud, knocking out Victreebell.
    -Next I switched to Bubbles, who was immediately Poisoned. He still knocked out Tangela though.
    -Finally it was Marvin's turn against Vileplume. Knowing I ahd two near death pokémon in reserve, I really needed Marvin to win this one. Despite being Paralyzed early on, he came through for me. <3
    -Badge number 4, check. :D
    -Now it's time to catch Snorlax... or so I thought. Upon arrival, I realised I had already used my Route 16 pokémon failing to catch a Rattata. On this disappointing note, I saved and turned off.

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Made it to Cerulean and beat the two bosses there, only losing my freshly evolved Weepinbell in the process. Against, of all things, Luvdisc. It had Aurora Beam, but due to the damned confusion from Water Pulse spam, I couldn't let my electrics (Flaaffy (still not sure about the spelling) and Pikachu) in, since Flaaffy was at low HP and Pikachu couldn't take a crit on switching in. So, foolishly thinking I could set up on the thing with Growth while it sleeps and put it back to sleep and heal whenever it wakes up and Aurora Beams me, it of course came completely different and the damned thing got a crit. Poor Iuppitter died, but at least, unlike Aric from my earlier run, as an hero. Somewhat at least. Later in the battle, I almost lost my Sunflora as well against Starmie because I had used Ingrain and couldn't switch, but the dreaded crit didn't happen this time.
    The rival battle was nothing special. Elekid was a joke compared to the brutal Smoochum he had last time.

stuff
    Spoiler:

Yes, I actually picked having a second Shroomish over having Pikachu. And no, I have no luck with normal types in this game. I swear Zubats wouldn't learn Wing Attack until level 20 or so... But suddenly one of them has it, crits and poor Jigglypuff (had maybe 60% HP) is dead. Goddamned bats indeed, grrr.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Finally got around to starting. I don't really feel like doing anything fancy, so Imma stick to the good ole fashioned very very boring posts.

Started the game at 5:50 PM. Named myself A
    Told my mom it was Sunday (hehehe) got Pokegear
    Got Cyndaquil (Radar) from Elm. Also Potion
    Failed to catch Hoot-hoot from New Bark to Cherry
    Got Map Card in Cherrygrove City.
    Somehow didn't run into any Pokemon between Cherrygrove and Mr. Pokemon's house/on the way back.
    Fought Rival Lv. 5 vs. 5. Had to use Berry.
    Nicknamed Rival "Derp"
    Went to capitalize on my lack of Pokemon, and, after buying some Pokeballs, found...an awesome...Rattata. At least it was the higher level, according to Serebii. Named it Fang.
    Fang got Poisoned on a Spinarak. Got to the Pokecenter with 2 HP. Would have died if he didn't level up.
    Miraculously beat Joey. Thank god the hardest battle is out of the way.
    Found a Bellsprout on the next Route. I hate Bellsprout, but at least he'll be able to help against Derp's starter... Named him Mercy.
    Caught Nyx the Gastly in Sprout Tower with 6 Smokescreens and 6 Vine Whips.
    Got Flash from the Elder. Preparing for Falkner now.

Team:

Second Post:
    Decided to keep playing. Went into Falkner's Gym.
    After the first two trainers, Radar was 1 Pokemon away from evolution.
    Defeated 1 Pokemon. Radar evolved into Quilava!!!
    Took on Falkner:
    Radar vs. Pidgey: Radar OHKO with Crit Ember
    Radar vs. Pidgeotto: Radar Ember (Pidgeotto was burned)/Pidgeotto Gust/Radar Ember KO.

Decided to train Mercy. Trained to lv. 9 with Radar's help. Decided to move on.
    Gave Miracle Seed to Mercy.
    First Pokemon on this route is a... WOOPER! Woot! Best thing I could ask for (Maybe a Mareep, but whatevs)
    Caught it and named it Crow.
    Got some good training in all around. Mercy took care of the Water Types, Nyx the Poisons, and Fang everyone else.
    First Pokemon in Union Cave was Sandshrew. Bagged it and named it Sentinel
    Exited Union Cave with Crow at 2 Health.
    Zubatted it up outside of Union Cave. Named it Meteor
    Deposited Sentinel for Meteor
    Took down Team Rocket with Fang and Crow.
    Barely squeaked by Derp. Nyx, Crow, and Mercy all were in red health, and Radar was Paralyzed.
    Took down Bugsy's cohorts. On to the real deal.
    Took on Bugsy:
    Radar vs. Metapod: Radar OHKO Ember
    Radar vs. Kakuna: Radar OHKO Ember
    Radar vs. Scyther: Scyther Fury Cutter/Radar Ember/Scyther Fury Cutter/Radar Ember/Scyther Fury Cutter/Radar Ember KO

Caught Oddish named Grace in Ilex Forest.
    Got Cut
    Got Charcoal, which I gave to Radar.
    Went through Ilex Forest, caught Ereshkigal the Drowzee.
    Traded Drowzee for Machop.
    Bought Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, and Fire Punch. Taught Fire Punch to Muscle and Ice Punch to Crow.
    Started training Muscle. Crow Evolved into Quagsire!
    Continued training Muscle. Caught Hoot-hoot (Orion) in the National Park and then Nidoran M (Titan [OMGOMGOMGNIDOKINGYAY])
    Decided how I'm going to beat Miltank. Gastly's going to put it to sleep, then Quagsire's going to use Mud Slap to drop evasion, then Machop is going to finish it with Karate Chop. Lets do this.
    Took on Whitney:
    Muscle vs. Clefairy: Muscle OHKO Karate Chop
    Muscle vs. Miltank: Miltank Rollout/Muscle crit Karate Chop/Miltank Rollout/Muscle Karate Chop KO

Well that was easy... I took 3 damage that fight.
    Killed Sudowoodo, since I already caught Nidoran M
    Accidentally forgot that I was on a new route and KO'd Stantler
    KO'd Zubat in Burned Tower.
    Stopped caring and KO'd Rattata west of Ecruteak.
    Muscle evolved into Machoke!
    Skipped ahead to Olivine for training/Strength (not that it's going to be useful in the Ghost Gym)
    Nyx evolved into Haunter! (On the last trainer in the Ghost Gym)
    Took on Morty:
    Nyx vs. Gastly: Nyx Hypnosis/Night Shade/Night Shade
    Nyx vs. Haunter: Nyx Hypnosis/Night Shade/Night Shade/Lick
    Nyx vs. Gengar: Nyx Hypnosis/Night Shade/Night Shade/Night Shade
    Nyx vs. Haunter: Nyx Hypnosis/Night Shade/Night Shade/Lick

That was easy... Taught Nyx Shadow Ball.
    Beat Kimono Girls and taught Crow Surf

Last edited:
    Years
    -Started the game and chose Treeko now known as Bruce.
    -Travelled up to route 103 to challenge May luckily not running into any pokemon on the way.
    -Got pokeballs and went straight back to route 103 and caught a Poochyena now known as Rick
    -Then off to route 102 and i caught a Wurmple who i named Id.
    -Grinded forever.
    -Then off the route 104 where i caught a Zigzagoon named Ziggles and Petalburgwoods where i caught a Shroomish now called Reed.
    -And more grinding
    -Caught a Nincada on route 116 whom i named Ninjar
    -Challenged Roxanne and won, with a few absorbs from Bruce narrowly surviving a rock throw.

Party:
    Ninjar/Nincada L7
    -Sratch
    -Harden
    -leech life

Id/Beautfly L10
    -Tackle
    -Absorb
    -Poison sting
    -harden

Rick/Poochyena L10
    -Tackle
    -Howl
    -Sand-attack

Ziggles/Zigzagoon L11
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Tal whip
    -headbutt

Reed/Shroomish L10
    -Tackle
    -Bullet seed
    -Stun spore
    -Leech Seed

Bruce/Treeko L15
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack

The Full Team
    Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Well, I went to Cianwood City, beat the gym and got Fly, but then I forgot to get the secretpotion. I knew Crobat could learn Fly, but not Golbat, so I tried to run around and evolve it real quickly, but unfortunately, it was taking too long. It was only now that I realized I had a Hoothoot in my box. Switched Crow for Orion. Flew, got potion, flew back, switched them back.
    Saved Ampharos
    Got Good Rod and started training Mercy on Krabby (and one Corsola)
    Mercy evolved into Weepinbell!

Years
    Played some more and am now standing in front of Rock Tunnel. I had some more deaths, all of them happened when I tried to get all of my Pokemon to an equal level. Two of them (Bayleef and Drowzee) happened because of some serious weed moves on my part, the other one (Meowth) was inevitable because it just sucked so much.
    Anyways, no one wants to read long text (not sure if anyone reads this at all), so there's the team and such.:
    Spoiler:

Please note that I somehow managed to pull through the painful, painful task of leveling that Horsea with nothing usable but Bubble for a long time up, I feel like I deserve a medal or something for it. Then again, medals are useless dust collectors, so scratch that. Also, I'm getting some unexpeted dupes. Having two Brelooms (and yes, that's the newer one in my team, it has a far better nature, which means it is stronger, which means it is less likely to die) and two Xatus is not exactly common, or is it.
    And yes, I'm using Dugtrio AGAIN (I might switch it for Nosepass though, if Nosepass happens to be useful. I never used one before...), but its just a matter of time until it will run into a critial selfdestruct anyway, since it's a ground type.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    I've been playing this game like all week so far, in between school and all that. I've done so much that I'm not even going to post a full update, just my team, box, and dead. Currently I am on Cycling Road after putting Marowak to rest.

Team:
    'Splode the Electrode, Lv.32 - Flash, Spark, Shock Wave, Sonicboom
    Aviator the Pidgeotto, Lv.32 - Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Gust, Quick Attack
    Leif the Vileplume, Lv.32 - Cut, Giga Drain, Acid, Sleep Powder
    Terra the Dugtrio, Lv.31 - Magnitude, Rock Tomb, Dig, Fury Swipes
    Gunshow the Wartortle, Lv.31 - Water Pulse, Bite, Brick Break, Mega Punch

Box:
    KooKat the Meowth, Lv.12
    AlphaMale the Mankey, Lv.16
    Flare the Arcanine, Lv.16
    Stevie the Eevee, Lv.25

Dead:
    Razorfang the Rattata - Died to a poisoning Weedle
    Silverback the Mankey - Died to a Pidgey's critting Tackle
    Venom the Beedrill - Died to a 1 HP Thrash from Gary's Gyarados in Pokemon Tower

Edit: I may actually do this in Pokemon Raptor EX...

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Woo, FR Omega. Since my SoulSilver is under my dad's couch or something (I just caught a lucky Bite Meowth and trashed that bastard known as Morty ("mort" means "dead" in Romanian) so yeah) I'll be beginning it. Expect tons of progress in this almost Homework free weekend. n_n'

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Woo, FR Omega. Since my SoulSilver is under my dad's couch or something (I just caught a lucky Bite Meowth and trashed that bastard known as Morty ("mort" means "dead" in Romanian) so yeah) I'll be beginning it. Expect tons of progress in this almost Homework free weekend. n_n'
    Name everything you get after Romanian words.

If you do this, I will name every Pokémon on my LG Run(exept for Indigo because it's set in stone on the comic) after Portuguese words.

Years
    I have decided to cancel my emerald nuzlocke, due to lack of want to play emerald right now. I will update my SoulSilver one another time, as i have other challenges also right now.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Started this in LeafGreen. I literally just started today, with no progress made at all! After LeafGreen is finished, I plan on doing a Nuzlocke for Sapphire. So yeah.

-Decided to play a female, named Green. Rival is Blue.
    -Chose a Squirtle, named him Blake
    -Crushed Blue's Bulbasaur.
    -Saved in Blue's house. (I was playing at school over an emulator.)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Update: Beat Jasmine, Red Gyarados, Team Rocket's HQ, and Pryce. My Pokemon are all leveling nicely, so I think I'm going to take the chance and just not catch any other Pokemon.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    -Caught a male Pidgey. Nicknamed him Mach.
    -Caught a female Mankey. Nicknamed her Maniac.

I haven't battled Blue yet. I feel maybe I should level a bit. I stocked up on quite a few recovery items for the forest- I can't heal outside of battle, but I can heal inside. So if a stupid Weedle poisons one of my three Pokemon, the 10 Antidotes and 10 Potions will come in handy.

-Caught a Rattata. Nicknamed him Nibbles.
    -Maniac fainted.

Last edited:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    I WON!!!

My team of bada$$ mon's have completed the nuzlocke challenge!
    Do you think I should pm the thread owner so they don't have to go sorting through 10 00 pages to find this? First time completing one.

Hall of Fame:

Gameplay (I've done so much, I'm keeping it short and sweet)
    Spoiler:

Elite Four:
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Can't be bothered doing routes, so...
    Finally deceased members, luckily small, RIP:
    Spoiler:

Emerald Nuzlocke, end!

Haxorus

Ononokusu
    Years
    I WON!!!

My team of bada$$ mon's have completed the nuzlocke challenge!
    Do you think I should pm the thread owner so they don't have to go sorting through 10 00 pages to find this? First time completing one.

Hall of Fame:

Gameplay (I've done so much, I'm keeping it short and sweet)
    Spoiler:

Elite Four:
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Can't be bothered doing routes, so...
    Finally deceased members, luckily small, RIP:
    Spoiler:

Emerald Nuzlocke, end!

Congrats, I'll go update the original post, I still can't believed you never used that Makuhi-...I mean, I'm just a noob what do I know? I'm not as cool as Karpman.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Congrats, I'll go update the original post, I still can't believed you never used that Makuhi-...I mean, I'm just a noob what do I know? I'm not as cool as Karpman.

Haha, there's no way I could have used it, it would be so destructively awesome I'd have completed the challenge in ten minutes!

Thanks by the way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back