• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Asdf. I found a Chansey in the Safari Zone, and caught it in A SINGLE ****ING SAFARI BALL. First Chansey I've found, first turn of the battle. God obviously has a sense of humor, because I have NEVER BEFORE IN MY LIFE caught a Chansey. EVER. I love my life.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I'm going to do this challenge on Heart Gold. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    Okay new update decided against trying to bring Sparky back he would have wanted me to move on with my life and the challenge and never forget my resolve.That and I have no art skills seriouslly I mess up stick figures so an Epic comic is out of my grasp.
    Anyway continued on to bills house and picked up my S.S Anne Ticket and went back to Cerulean City skipped the gym for the time being. Went on to Vemilion City avoided the grass on Route 6 for now. Picked up my one pokeball for the town then headed off to Diglett's cave and picked up Digdug the Diglett.After that head off to route 11 first pokemon a saw was Pidgey same level as the one that took out Fury and Dracula so killed it immediatly oh well. After a bit of grinding and bait and switching Larry evolved to Gyarados :D. So we headed back to back to Cerulean catching Lawyer the Rattata on Route 6 then boxed him. Then in an Epic battle in the Cerulean City Gym where Larry beat everyone espiacially Misty as revenge against the authority that should have kept this city clean of Killer pidgeys and Nugget Bridges run by theives. I went back to Vermillion City *Insert Grinding period* I headed off the SS Anne after a few trips I cleared all the trainers and Sinpol my evil opposite Rival and recieved Cut for my Epic Back rub skills. Digdug cut the bush protecting Lt.Surge from my teams attack we went in Digdug heading the operation and his reward Evolution. Digdug evolved into Dugtrio as we disabled Surge's protective Barrier and discovered a horrible secret. Lt.Surge had stolen Sparkys D.N.A and created some sort of Super Pikachu called Raichu for a second me and Digdug hesitated but we knew Sparky would have wanted us to kill this abomination so with one Epic Dig we finished the battle and left tossing the T.M. he gave us in the garbage as we walked out. Outside officer Jenny gave us Squirtle (Vinnie) for taking down Lt.Surge and informed me there were 5 more gym leaders who were causing harm to the region and aiding Team Rocket the ones repsonsible for Sparkys death.So I made a solomn vow to defeat these gym leaders and take down team rocket...to be continued.Oh and I trained Vinnie he evolved to a Wartortle
    Pokemon:
    Ivy Level:27

Larry Level:26

Digdug Level:27

Vinnie Level:18

Died:
    Sparky :t025: Fury :t004: Dracula :t041:
    Boxed:
    Pigmallion :t056: Lawyer :t019:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I just read the original Nuzlocke comics and they're awesome xD
    Left with a sudden urge to play this challenge. Might go slightly slow since I can't get on my computer much, and I'm also doing a Ultimate monotype challenge xP
    But I'll try a slowly make my way through it.
    I'll do it on Pokemon Gold, starting it now ;3

Years
    I've just defeated Wattson, who stole all of my potions but my team did well, with a few paralysed Pokémon.

Day 4
    Spoiler:

My Team
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    WOAH! That was ALLOT larger then how I thought it was, just editing it into a spoiler ;P
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    The power went out last night. I didn't save after getting the Volcano Badge, which was a REALLY tough challenge... FML.

And I haven't recorded my team's levels since the end of Route 3... FML more.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Maybe this will get me out of my boredom during weekends. >_>
    Anyways, add me for Emerald!

EDIT: Actually sign me up on Firered, I like it better there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021

Sweet Jesus, do want. Yes, I hacked to catch a Ralts and enable the National Dex. What of it? x3

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I'm going to take on this challenge in my Emerald.
    It looks fun.

Years
    :t274::t274::t274:So many updates today... I'm just going to hop on the bandwagon and post one as well. With Nuzleaf smilies for attentionwhoring.:t274::t274::t274:
    Spoiler:

The team...

...the box...

...and the dead (Huang ;_; ) :

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Began the game, went through the opening stuff and defeated the first Gym in Violet City.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

In Box:
    Spoiler:

In Memorial:
    Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Sorry I haven't been updating... I keep telling myself I'm going to make more comics, and then I don't.... I'm at Victory Road, and the only person I lost was Sentinel the Pelliper, but I caught another one (which I aptly named Jesus), so it's all good. I also caught an Absol, so my final team is going to be...

Kipper, the Swampert
    Brick Break, Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake
    Fang, the Mightyena
    Crunch, Rock Smash, Shadow Ball, Dig
    Blitz, the Absol
    Flamethrower, Aerial Ace, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse
    Grace, the Kadabra
    Psychic, Flash, Recover, Thief
    Nuzlocke, the Shiftrey
    Extrasensory, Faint Attack, Giga Drain, Cut
    Jesus, the Pelliper
    Surf, Fly, Wing Attack, Mist

Years
    So, I decided I might try to get a TM or two from the game corner, and to save money I tried the slots. Havent done that for years. And damn, even with A-button-Autofire+Speed Up Toggle+
    -button-mashing (cannot use Autofire on this one), it's PAINFUL. So far, I've managed to get from 20 gift coins up to a bit more than 1000, but it took ETERNALLY. Is there any better way to speed the coin amassing process up?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back