• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

So, here's the plan how to continue:
    1. Buy some Repels
    2. Use them to get to that one unimportant Water City without wild encounters
    3. Get the Super Rod
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Disregard that, Bulbapedia says it's in Mossdeep, not Pacifidlog.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Uhh...Chaos1011 what version of Pokemon are you playing and did you finish your run?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I (finally) finished my Sapphire run. I'll post the last two chapters at some point in the next day or two, I don't have time at the moment though.

EDIT: P.S. - @mondays suck, I really enjoy reading your updates, keep them coming! :)

Years
  • Aaargh, so I did some research on Bulbapedia only to find out that even with the Super Rod, almost all routes will still have a 60% (?) Wailmer chance. So there's plenty of chance I'll be able to assemble a full Wailmer team soon.
    Also, Staryu is only availiable in Lilycove City, and I already fished something else there. AAARGH.
    Hoenn is ridiculous with its 976141813491 water routes.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • POKEMON SOUL SILVER : Nuzlocke - Update : First Loss !!

Okay, so I proceeded to grinding my two Pokemon further, then took care of Team Rocket. I then headed to the gym, where I got my first loss.

VS. Bugsy - The Bug Gym Leader !

He proceeded with Scyther, which surprised me. Well, I was leading with D. Peck JR, thinking that one of the cocoons would go out first. I switched to Gasssy (Hypnosis + Curse + Potion + U-Turn : 0.25 power = rapin'), and he used Quick Attack. lol. Well, he used Focus Energy, and I Hypnosised. He fell asleep, then I cursed and healed with my Potion. I Licked until he woke up (on the red) and used U-Turn. It landed crit., but didn't cause fainting, but 5 HP remaining (from full .__.). So, I switch to D. Peck JR, raped the Kakuna which followed, then... met Scyther again. Of course, I switched to Gassy, which neutralised the Quick Attack. I did the same, and Bugsy used a Super Potion, which healed Scyther. Then, he U-Turned. This time, Gassy remained with ONE FRICKIN' HP. Now that's luck.
    I switched to D. Peck JR, raped Metapod and Scyther showed up again. I switched back to Gassy and he swallowed (yet another) Quick Attack. Then, I used Curse... he used Focus Energy.
    I knew that he'd use U-Turn. He was in the red due to Curse, and a U-Turn would have killed Gassy. I panicked and without thinking, I thought Leafy would survive and Sleep Powder. Otherwise. He did not... he died with an U-Turn.
    Fangs destroyed that evil bug, but... at what cost ?

*New* Team

D. Peck JR (Spearow) m Lv. 14 : U-Turn, Pursuit, Peck, Fury Attack.
    Fangs (Totodile) m Lv. 15 : Water Gun, Scratch, Bite, Leer.
    Gassy (Gastly) m Lv. 15 : Night Shade, Lick, Hypnosis, Curse.

Hell :
    Leafy (Bellsprout) Lv. 3 - 14 : Killed on a sacrifice by Bugsy's Scyther.

Box :
    Wooper
    Zubat
    Zubat
    Zubat

Lol @ Box.
    Next update : Whitney. Miltank. Rollout.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    I'm Starting a Nuzlocke on Gold.

I trough te talking as fast as possible. Named myself Nuzlock and picked my Cyndaquil, Barbeque.
    I get my potions and beated some pokémon at the first route. Healed Barbeque and get on the next route.
    Meat Mr. pokemon and obtained a Mystery egg.
    Get back tackled My rival's (Peanut) Butt.
    Give that Egg and finally get my pokéballs
    Next time i'm gonna et my army of slaves that kill the enemy! Or pokémons for short

Team:
    Cyndaquil, Barbeque
    lv.7
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Smoke screen
    -

Years
  • Update, without any story progress, but because I caught a ton of new Pokemon. And how much variety did I get?
    Spoiler:

As for the rest of the routes, just look at this: The jpg that gives me an overview of the Pokemon situation in this run. Please note that it is huge, even after I cut off a big empty part at the bottom. Also excuse for the silly location names. And the fact that Mauro is still a Loudred on this.
    Spoiler:

Not posting the team, box and dead now, the old ones didn't really change (well, except for Theodorus of course... and Donny finally learned Bite, but that's it) and the newcomers excel more in quantity than in quality. And by quality, I mean variety.

Also, there are only a few more areas left to catch Pokemon for me: Underwater, Sootopolis, Evil Team Cave, Cave of Origin, Ever Grande and Victory Road. (did I forget anything?)
    Three of these will yield Water Pokemon. And then I will get Zubats from the caves. High-level Zubats that are a massive pain to evolve into Crobats. Totally calling it. At least Underwater will likely give a Chinchou.

Years
  • I have started a Pearl version Nuzlocke chalenge and will be recording it for youtube just visit my channel (also Cheesepie9621)for updates. eventualy i will embed them.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Uhh...Chaos1011 what version of Pokemon are you playing and did you finish your run?
    Hacks Section: Pokemon (Moemon) Fire Red Omega. And Yes I did complete it.

Heart Gold -Sigh-
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Ruto

Heiress to the Zora throne.
    Years
  • Began my Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge, starting with Red.

Name: Ruto
    Rival: Ganon

Starter: Charmander
    NN: Dodongo

Battled with Dodongo until getting the Pokedex, then I went straight to Rt. 22. The first Pokemon I saw was a Nidoran♂ and promptly caught it.

Caught: Nidoran♂ Lvl. 4
    NN: Pols Voice

Went to Rt. 2, (I'm saving the Ganon battle for later), and ran into a Pidgey.

Caught: Pidgey Lvl. 3
    NN: Kaepora

Battled a couple trainers in Veridian Forest, waiting to enter the tall grass in hopes that further on I'd run into a Pikachu. That didn't work and I ran into a Caterpie.

Caught: Caterpie Lvl. 3
    NN: Gohma

No one got poisoned in the forest, surprisingly, so I pressed on.

In the second part of Rt. 2, which I considered a new area if that's alright, I ran into a Weedle first, Yay!

Caught: Weedle Lvl. 4
    NN: Twinrova

While training Caterpie however, a rougue Poison Sting crit killed him. :pink_cry:

Still training for Brock, and this is my team:
    Spoiler:

R.I.P. :pink_cry:
    Spoiler:

Sorry for the lack of images, I can't post them yet.
    I'm going to get to 15 posts before my next update.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok Soul Silver Bored me again.

Emerald 386 Time

Oh and a twist,this time I'll allow you guys to choose nicknames for pokémon or junk like that.Just like they do in the Nuzlocke Forums.Just to add fun for you guys reading it (and to see who actually reads my updates xD)After a day and no one responds when I ask,I choose by myself to make the run going.

Spoiler:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • @ Chaos ... Hm... IMO, you should pick Cyndaquil and nickname him Capt. Volc.
    That's what I usually do.
    As usual, just my 2 cents, don't take it for gold.
    Occcasionally, I also nick him Typh, but it's up to you. <3

Misty-Celadon.

Okay, so I began by smoking Misty. Easy fight with D. Peck. Then beat up some trainers, caught a Bellsprout (Leafy JR., RIP Leafy from SoulSilver), and proceeded with training. Not even one level, and he died. omgwut ?
    Then, in Diglett's cave, got a Diglett... Diggar is his name. Training, died against a Spearow which had a Leer in, got hit 5 times by Fury Attack, and one was crit. u__u.
    So, I fished in Vermilion. Magikarp, named Karp, now is a Gyarados (AWESOMENESSASJKLLLWUTOMGYESSS).
    So, beat Silves, my rival, in SS Anne, then took care of Lt. Surge. Easily taken care of, with my old Charking's Dig.
    Proceeded to Lavender, blindly got through Rock Tunnel. Caught Machop, named Chopper there. Yea, enjoy the box... .;P
    Then reached Lavender, beat Silves even easier, and carried on to Celadon.
    On my way, I accidentally killed a Meowth, killed an useless Pidgey, reached Celadon, picked up an Eevee, now a Jolteon. Nicknamed, Jolts.
    So, yeah, that's it for today. Team :

Charking

My good ol' Charking... Moveset might need a revamp, needed Cut so I had to delete Mega Punch u_u.

Jolts

Welcome Jolts, the newbie ! n_n This guy here needs to be grinded in order to learn Thundershock (Lv. 31).

Bamf

Weird Moveset, I know. Well, I need coverage, and getting rid of Scratch and Poison Sting for better moves.

D. Peck

You KNOW this guy. Dr. Peck, the guy with Drill Peck. Well, in a short amount of time.

Karp

Yayy for Gyara !! n_n I need to change his nickname, he is way too awesome !

Hell :

Leaf JR Lv. 16-16 (Bellsproout) : Died against a Ratatta, Tail Whipped, Crit. Quick Attack.
    Diggar Lv. 18-18 (Diglett) : Died against a Spearow using Fury Attack 5 times.

Boxed away :

Rats !! (Ratatta) Lv. 2
    Catapy (Caterpie) Lv. 5
    Junkie (Zubat) Lv. 10
    Chopper (Machop) Lv. 17

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Thank you 560cool. for the name

Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Wow, I've not updated in ages. Sorry about that ^^' Anyhow, here's a new one =D

The Story so Far:

+ Battled my rival. Jefferey and Dargo pwned him ^^
    + The Bridge itself wasn't too bad either. I enter the grass and, lo-behold!
    +
    Yes!! =D I want it!
    + "Oh no! It escaped from the pokeball!"
    + "Wild Abra used Teleport!"
    + T___________________________________________T
    + Oh well, what about Route 25? =D
    +
    *Sigh* Okay, JeffereyIII ¬¬
    + Then came a shocker:
    + I was battling a youngster with a Slowpoke. For some reason, I used Larry. Confusion killed him )= Epic sadness...
    + Did more story stuff, saved Bill and whatnot. And after some grinding, it was Misty time =D
    + Thanks to Jefferey, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack and many Potions, I got the Cascade badge! =D
    + Onward to Vermillion City! I go into the wild grass:
    +
    You know what?! No! Just, no!!
    + I emerge from the Underground Path, wondering if I'll add a new member to the team:
    +
    Oh for FU-!
    + In Vermillion, I get the Bike Pass and the Old Rod from 2 kind gentlemen. Me being my n00bish self, decided to use the Rod since Vermillion is its own area...
    +
    Meet Morris ladies and gentlemen! B)
    + So right now, the team is going through some good ol' grinding. Then, the rest is simple: S.S.Anne, then the Gym.

The Team:

Dargo - Lv. 24

Charmeleon
    Fire
    Scratch, Ember, Leer, Rage

Chelsea - Lv. 23

Nidoqueen
    Poison/Ground
    Poison Sting, Scratch, Mega Punch, Body Slam

Jefferey - Lv. 26

Pidgeotto
    Normal/Flying
    Gust, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Whirlwind

Morris - Lv. 14

Magikarp
    Water
    Splash

Boxed:
    JeffereyII (Pidgey), ZuZu (Zubat), FeatherJoe (Spearow), JeffereyIII (Pidgey)

Our Fallen Comrades:

___
    ___
    Larry (Lv.5 - 19)

R.I.P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Okay, chaos, for your Slakoth, since it's a female... Larrysa (as it comes from Larry, which sounds like a goofer's name).
    And if that's stupid, I'm out of ideas. >< Oh well.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Like I said before, I've completed my Sapphire run. Here's the last two chapters...

CHAPTER 13 – Giving up the Ghost

Spoiler:

CHAPTER 14 – Journey's end

Spoiler:

Final Team

Spoiler:

Fallen Heroes

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading! I'll do another run at some point I think. This was great fun.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Ok, I defeated all the Gyms, but I don't want to finish it so soon, so i'm going to catch a lot of Pokèmon and also kill the Regis!

And... Sky has died. Darn Milotic! :(

My Team
    Spoiler:

In Box
    Spoiler:

R.I.P. Buddies
    Spoiler:

PS: I edited because I caught Groudon, now I got rid of him.
    And I will kill the Regis, I didn't remember the rule that prevents me to catch them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • An update, containing TRAGEDY
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And here it is, the most important of all questions: Should I take the Elite 4 on in a serious attempt or do some Wailmer spam?
    Then again, that question is quite redundant, isn't it?

Also, I swear I'm going back to posting my team in screenshot form in future runs again, spoiler splitting is the most horrible thing on earth.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Uh... mondays suck, your spoiler is... empty.
    I don't know, nothing happens when I click it. :/
    And I was looking forward to this update...

EDIT : I just Quoted you to see you, thank you very much.
    And I am sorry for your Kyogre losses. I know how it feels to lose team mates on a legendary fight. *erhemgroudonerhem*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back