• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center 2.0 [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • no real preferences just rom hacking and scripting for it are really (currently) all im looking for though i'm sure i'll run into something else eventually as i dig through the forums here.

Apologies for the delay, I'll contact one mentor and they will contact you soon~!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in?
    Rom Hacking, I'm trying to hack a pokemon game by myself,it's interesting and fun!
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
    Mapping. I think it's important to have the beautiful maps in a good pokemon vision.
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?
    I perhaps can't keep going online every day,but if you're interested in something,you'll be willing to to do it as soon as you are free, aren't you? :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • 1. What sections/boards are you most interested in?
    Rom Hacking, I'm trying to hack a pokemon game by myself,it's interesting and fun!
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
    Mapping. I think it's important to have the beautiful maps in a good pokemon vision.
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?
    I perhaps can't keep going online every day,but if you're interested in something,you'll be willing to to do it as soon as you are free, aren't you? :)

Hi there, someone will contact you soon~

Like I said to the others though, none of our mentors are knowlegable about ROM Hacking nor is there a section called 'mapping',but they'll show you around!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2015
    I am trying to help a friend build sprites so I suppose my interest would lie in rom hacking.

I would like to learn any and all details associated with rom hacking; so I would need to learn more about building sprites, mapping, any special import/export functions, and sprite path design. I would really need a mentor to help me navigate from beginner level sections/boards to more intermediate and advanced discussions as I learn and grow in the area.

I am helping a friend and my word is my bond, I will remain as active as possible when I am not working or taking care of my children (so most late nights)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I am trying to help a friend build sprites so I suppose my interest would lie in rom hacking.

I would like to learn any and all details associated with rom hacking; so I would need to learn more about building sprites, mapping, any special import/export functions, and sprite path design. I would really need a mentor to help me navigate from beginner level sections/boards to more intermediate and advanced discussions as I learn and grow in the area.

I am helping a friend and my word is my bond, I will remain as active as possible when I am not working or taking care of my children (so most late nights)

i need help around rom hacking forum

Welcome! But please use the form, guys; it's on the first post. o:

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Rom hacks, since I just found about them, General Chat, General Discussion
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Rom Hacking.
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? My internet is really limited because of where I live so I have to use it carefully but I try to be on as soon as I can so from 1 to 10, a 7.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • 1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Rom hacks, since I just found about them, General Chat, General Discussion
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Rom Hacking.
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? My internet is really limited because of where I live so I have to use it carefully but I try to be on as soon as I can so from 1 to 10, a 7.

Mmkay, Shawn has contacted me about this, so I'll take it. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2020
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Mostly ROM hacks. I'm really interested in learning how to become a dedicated beta tester and script editor for hacks.

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Roleplaying and TCG. I've been rp'ing for a rather long time, though my experience is sadly lacking in the Pokemon genre, considering how much I enjoy the games. I've taken some steps into learning about the TCG meta game (follower of JWittz & RenaeCollects), but it would be nice to have someone nudge me in the right directions.

3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? Very interested, at the least. I'm not the best at showing it, as I've had to get by a lot on my own and as such I'm a little wary of being around lots of other people (it was hard to convince myself to join PC).

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • 1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Mostly ROM hacks. I'm really interested in learning how to become a dedicated beta tester and script editor for hacks.

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Roleplaying and TCG. I've been rp'ing for a rather long time, though my experience is sadly lacking in the Pokemon genre, considering how much I enjoy the games. I've taken some steps into learning about the TCG meta game (follower of JWittz & RenaeCollects), but it would be nice to have someone nudge me in the right directions.

3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? Very interested, at the least. I'm not the best at showing it, as I've had to get by a lot on my own and as such I'm a little wary of being around lots of other people (it was hard to convince myself to join PC).

Hello there! ^^

I'll gladly take you as my mentee for the Roleplaying section if you're interested in having me as your mentor~

Gleamy

Elite Sylveon Trainer
    Years
    Ans.Pokémon Trivia
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?ans.forum rules
    Ans.It would be an honour to have a mentor besides,I would be realy active since my summer vacation is going on :D

I would love to have Starry Windy as my mentor :D

Super_Melons

Supreme
    Years
  • Hi. I am new here and it would be nice to have someone to ask questions if I get stuck! :)
    Challenges, Trivia, PTCG, Art & Design, Fanfiction and writing
    Roleplay, ROM hacking, game development
    I am commited to being online for sure! But I am not sure if I will run into very many questions. I would like to meet someone who is experienced with the site though :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ans.Pokémon Trivia
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?ans.forum rules
    Ans.It would be an honour to have a mentor besides,I would be realy active since my summer vacation is going on :D

I would love to have Starry Windy as my mentor :D

Hm, if that's what he wants, though he has several mentees at the moment, though I can get you someone who's just as nice if you really want one~!

Hi. I am new here and it would be nice to have someone to ask questions if I get stuck! :)
    Challenges, Trivia, PTCG, Art & Design, Fanfiction and writing
    Roleplay, ROM hacking, game development
    I am commited to being online for sure! But I am not sure if I will run into very many questions. I would like to meet someone who is experienced with the site though :)

Your mentor will contact you soon~!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2015
    Welcome! But please use the form, guys; it's on the first post. o:
    I answered the questions in the form in the order they were asked. I was trying to be efficient by rewording the questions in my answers. I tend to get long winded and rewriting (given that I only have a phone to use for this) is just using what little time I have for this. Sorry for the confusion.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I answered the questions in the form in the order they were asked. I was trying to be efficient by rewording the questions in my answers. I tend to get long winded and rewriting (given that I only have a phone to use for this) is just using what little time I have for this. Sorry for the confusion.
    At any rate, we don't have any mentors at this point of time who can really satisfy your specific requests. D:

They can show you around the ROM Hacking board, but, that's pretty much it, if that's what you want~

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Hey guys. Im a newbie and i need someone too help me with a pokemon rom hack. I need help with
    -Art design
    -Tools selection
    -Inprovments on ideas
    Oh and i also don"t know who to chose from. HALP ._.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back