• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
Years
  • Im particular with only 3 pokemon: Staravia (for fly), Umbreon (for synchronize), and Swampert LV.100 (for fainting 40 pokemon quickly).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ooo my hunting team is usually 4 pokemon at a time (I'd like to see the shiny pokemon I catch) and consist of:

A Synch'r. Usually Umbreon is on my team for Mean Look too (I've had a nasty experience with a fleeing shiny >>).
    Staraptor since she flies me around. She's been with me when I catch most of my shinies.
    Last 2 are some kind of strong pokemon with a lot of PP and I switch these around a lot. Also, sometimes I can get my hands on a hacked False Swiping Spore using pokemon from a friend. So my strategy lately is to switch and use Spore, False Swipe and throw what ball looks best with the shiny.

I pack a lot of Luxury, Repeat, Dusk, and Premier balls since I think they look cool. Also, a shiny hunter also carries some Master Balls. I have about 30. .-.

And in the order I chained them in Pearl:
    Corsola
    Absol
    Voltorb
    Ponyta x7 (I found an 8th but accidently killed it)
    Nidoran Male x2
    Banette x4
    Skitty
    Shinx
    Buneary

Palpark'd:
    Poochyena
    Lugia
    Pidgey
    Ho-oh

Not a lot, but I love all of their colors. Still hunting for a Cresselia though I may go after Darkrai if it's SRable..

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
  • Chaining is when you use the pokeradar to encounter the same pokemon again and again, literally making a chain of pokemon, for each same pokemon you encounter the odds of a shiny appearing increase a little, when you hit 40 the odds bottom out at 1/200

Heres a few videos that may help you
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4, this also has the shiny patch in it if you don't know what they look like

I recommend these videos to. These vids help me understand the 4 walk rule in chaining awhile back.

Orzhov

Noob Hater
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2009
    I have ONE Shiny :(

I have a Shiny Golem i caught as a geodude without chaining of whatever
    IM STILL HAPPY ANYWAYS

PiplupnamedPIP

Silence=gold|Duct tape=silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    If you migrate the pokemon into pal park can they b turned shiny before u catch them?

Tygrrblade

Type-Trumping EXpert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    I USED to have a couple

Before I started over in D/P, I had a Golden Shinx and a Diglett with a blue mouth! (The Diglett mentioned was migrated from my FR game, btw) I hope to encounter more shiny pokemon in the newer game that I started recently!

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    My first shiny was a Shinx, now a Luxray. I caught it on my birthday and it's legit!

Orzhov

Noob Hater
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2009
    lol i forgot my old games

On my Old Ruby Saving i had a red whismur (even though wherever i search shiny whismur is dark purple... Go Figure..) a claydol with yellow eyes and on my fire red i had a PURPLE Geodude (Go Figure No.2)

Jikeal

Prof.Bobs Team/New Breeder
    Years
  • How do u get shiny pokemon..?

How do you get shiny pokemon..?
    Im after a shiny treeko but dont know what 2 do..?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Years
  • u ask somone if they have it because it is a starter u could not use pokradar so just make a thread saying want shiny treekeo will offer so and so thats the best i can say

PiplupnamedPIP

Silence=gold|Duct tape=silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Oki i get everything except how to tell wich patch of grass to go to keep the chain.

Back