• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2008
    My first shiny was Azelf and to commerate it i named him shiny

lol i sound like a 5 year old, but i love the way he looks gold body blue head YEA!!!!

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I have a shiny dratini and a shiny gyrados, and i Admire the gyrados, because its been red ever since the anime, and G/S

Reminds me of when i THINK i saw a shiny zigzagoon.... didn't catch it
    Next time, was on Fire red, in the battle tower. Shiny Umbreon....Why do you have to be freakin caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GARHGHTerlg;;eairghO:GLRNWOUA

June 11, 2008 10:30pm

So there I am, fishing inside Mt Coronet, looking for a Feebas. I'm getting frustrated, as I've spent hours and hours with no luck. I'm just half heartedly tossing my line in the water, when suddenly I saw a flash. Wait, a flash? There, floating before me, was a Barboach. But not just any Barboach. A shiny Barboach. A "1-in-8,192 chance" shiny freakin' Barboach.

Five years!

It has been over 5 years since I saw a shiny pokemon. (March 23, 2003, Route 223 in Hoenn, where I caught my shiny Wailmer.) Literally, my hands were shaking with excitement. I can't let it get away! "Bronzong, use Block!" I yelled, as my pokemon used a move to keep its enemy from running away. "Ok, pokeball, go!" I tossed the pokeball, and it rocked...

Once...

Twice...

Three times.....

Pop! Out came the Barboach. I don't have any pokemon that can put it to sleep, so I tried the pokeball again...

Once... please...

Twice... c'mon...

Three times... click!

I CAUGHT A SHINY BARBOACH!!!

Last edited:

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009

W00T! Yesterday I caught a shiny Croagunk in Pastoria Great Marsh. My first D/P shiny! I was in there for like two hours. That makes my fifth Shiny! Others from Crystal:

I think I have like 2 shinies on my Sapphire but I'm not sure. If I do, I'm trading them over to my D/P game.

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Just got back from a 2 day trip and I was catching a filler pokemon for a trade just now and first thing I ran into was a shiny Bidoof XD

RIMHfire

Fire User
    Years
  • I'm still new to shinies and only really heard about them until I caught my own a few days ago.

I was searching for a Feebas in Mt. Coronet (north) cuz I was trying to complete my Sinnoh Dex cuz I haven't seen a Milotic yet (after I realized that Cynthia has one and quickly lost interest) but as I was searching on the water, low and behold an oddly colored Magikarp presents itself to me. I was like Wtf... then I realized it was a shiny and caught it. :D And I evolved it to a red shiny Gyarados.

So yeah. One shiny. Well, technically two, but whatever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    in ruby i caught a shiny seedot

but my first shiny was tentacool in silver
    but i lost them both XD lol

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Recently I added 11 shinies to my collection, but I've been trying to get more, and in the process have EV trained 3 more Pokemon...

I'm now looking for:
    Ralts
    Wobbuffet
    Caterpie

and I'm SRing for Squirtle in Fire Red.
    I might do a honey tree SR but it's rather... risky, the Pokemon will go away after a while.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I got my Shiny Ralts, not the nature I wanted, but it was the gender I wanted! Shiny Gallade here I come!

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Turns out I had three shinies on Sapphire!

The Vibrava used to be a Trapinch, but I evolved it.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • At long last, I have a shiny Ho-Oh! ^^ Traded 5 cloned shinies and 1 uncloned for it. :P Aside from having a little green bar of experience, it looks great, everything seems to be legit. =] Now, onto that Seviper chain...

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
  • ive gotten a shiny psyduck in saphire and arbok in fire red, but restarted both thinking they werent special:( now i have a shiny golem and shiny staraptor, though.

im trying to get a shiny:
    pikachu
    chansey
    bagon
    eevee
    beldum
    *insert pokemon name here*

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009

Just caught Shiny Shinx a couple of hours ago. Hunting him all day.
    In other news, I'm trying to have my brother breed me a Shiny Bagon and a Shiny Charmander.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    GSC - Gyarados (duh), Blissey
    RSE - Electrike, Zubat, Ralts
    DP - Bidoof -_-
    ^ At least I have a shiny HM slave

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    shinies

shiny pokemon are easy for me to get.

gsc spinerak, noctowel porygon 2

rse gulpin, wingull and manectric

dp burmy, drifloon, drifblim

im looking fopr shiny weedle
    shiny treeko

shiny shiftry

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I got a new SR Shiny :D
    C + P'ed from Serebii -

halcyonXlll said:
    Seriously, am I lucky?

The 7th of this month, June, I SRed a Shiny Drifloon after less than 3 hours.
    And then on the 11th of the very same month, I get a Shiny Cherubi after about 1.5 hours SRing..

And TODAY.. on the 23rd of yet again the same month, I get THIS.

A Shiny, Mild Spiritomb. My Modest Syncher(that Lv. 1 Natu that I kind of forgot to KO there..), failed, although I can't say i'm surprised. The poor little thing was probably wetting itself in fear against that Spiritomb xP
    This girl took longer than the other two SR Shinies i've gotten, but still very quick compared to the times i've seen other people get their Shinies in. I can't say with complete accuracy, but this Shiny came within 8 - 15 hours.

So, what's next?! :D
    Actually, i'm going to have a break from SRing now. And I mean it this time..

Oh, who the heck am I kidding...

I slathered a tree with Honey earlier, so I think i'll take a little look and see what's there ~

Years
  • Hey guys, Ive got a lot of shinies. Please give me your luck. ALL OF IT! I need it sooo bad, cuz I really don't want to keep resetting. For Uxie. Lovely, golden Uxie. Ahhh, good times, gooood times... Hey Marowak Attack, how many resets did it take for Azelf? Please Uxie, SHINE! Me an awesome shiny hunter BTW.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
  • Hey guys, Ive got a lot of shinies. Please give me your luck. ALL OF IT! I need it sooo bad, cuz I really don't want to keep resetting. For Uxie. Lovely, golden Uxie. Ahhh, good times, gooood times... Hey Marowak Attack, how many resets did it take for Azelf? Please Uxie, SHINE! Me an awesome shiny hunter BTW.
    SRKid, what are you saying.

Anyways, I have one Shiny Garchomp after searching days in the Wayward cave.

Back