• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
Years
  • Im trying 4 a shiny ditto now! Not even sure 1 exists!?!?!?!?!?

It does, they're blue :)

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I've only ever caught a shiny Bidoof.
    If any of you think your unlucky you'd hate to be my friend. He found a shiny Buizel caught it and started jumping for joy (his first shiny ever) Then.... his DS's battery's died.
    Aww... That's very unlucky, Maybe one time he should keep his DS on charge while hunting for a shiny. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    i have a shiny giratina, heatran, mesprit, crescellia, darkrai, arceus and rayquaza.
    i also have loads of non legend shinys, 36 in fact.
    I love pokemon!
    please look at my signature and catch em all!!!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    i have a shiny giratina, heatran, mesprit, crescellia, darkrai, arceus and rayquaza.
    i also have loads of non legend shinys, 36 in fact.
    I love pokemon!
    please look at my signature and catch em all!!!

I don't think your Arceus is legit.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Ya but when it transforms will it be a shiny a version of that pokemon. I also want it for breeding!

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • Well I met a shiny geodude at a cave near the beginning of diamond. Haven't touched it. still level 6 =)

also met a shiny golbat in pearl. Was extremely happy! So i have 2 shinies =)

Oh and i once caught a shiny gyarodos in both gold and silver! =) - not sure if it counts though =P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Most of my shinies were obtained through trading, but I did get a few on my own. My luck seems to have improved somewhat in the past few months.

D/P shinies:

Obtained on my game:
    -Squirtle (hatched, 61 eggs)
    -Larvitar (chained two days ago)

Traded for:
    -Zigzagoon
    -Torchic
    -Turtwig
    -Scyther
    -Charizard
    -Manaphy
    -Eevee (x2)
    -Sceptile
    -Pichu
    -Metagross
    -Pikachu
    -Luxray
    -Barboach
    -Typhlosion
    -Gengar
    -Buizel
    -Totodile
    -Bagon
    -Machamp
    -Lickitung
    -Wooper
    -Ursaring
    -Vulpix
    -Porygon-Z
    -Nidorino
    -Growlithe
    -Golbat
    -Electrike
    -Tentacruel
    -Drifloon
    -Gallade
    -Beldum
    -Gastly
    -Mudkip
    -Rayquaza
    -Deoxys
    -Dustox

While I'm at it, I might as well mention other versions:

3rd Gen:
    -Spinda
    -Nincada

2nd Gen:
    -Gyarados (plotline)
    -Sneasel
    -Blastoise

What's odd is that I seem to have better luck encountering shinies on games with fewer hours on them than on games with many hours. I caught a shiny on a new game in Silver and a shiny on a new game in Emerald, but I've found no shinies on the games from those generations that I've put the most time into.

ivanedu

exxpierienced /master trainer
    Years
  • well about my shins ive got 2 boxes full of them but many people are using action replay so .. it dosent cound I love / hate action reaply love it made it easier ... hate it was so easmy interest flew away ... ,,,, ....

CheeseNinja

The Trainer Of Food Produce
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2009
    i just caught me a shiny cubone :)
    i had to chain with the pokeradar, unfortuantly i accidently ran into a patch after catching one so i couldn't continue to get more :surprised:
    and my shiny Rapisdash is on of my favorite pokes

my little brother also just caught a shiny cresselia when running around
    i was very surprised

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    By chaining
    -Pachirisu
    -Shinx
    -Corsola
    -2x Skitty
    -2x Pdigey
    -2x Zigzagoon
    -5x Bibarel
    -4x Cubone
    -4x Smoochum
    -3x Slakoth
    -4x Voltorb
    -1x Dunsparce(after a chain of 1 xD)
    -1x Natu
    -1x Doduo
    -1x Snubbull
    -1x Krabby
    -2x Geoude
    -1x Phanpy
    -2x Meditie(is this the English name)

from trades:
    -Manaphy
    -Cresselia
    -Giratina and a few more

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    The only shiny I ever caught was a shiny Tangela XD How pathetic... ^^;

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • A shiny Tangela sounds cool!
    You want pathetic? I caught my first ever Shiny yesterday, and it was a Pelipper. Yay me... T-T
    Meh, at least I finally have a Shiny! 8D

I want a Shiny Sneasel and Roserade, because they're pretty...
    xX

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
  • Once I restarted my Firered and while I was in Veridian Forest I found a Shiny Caterpie. (It's so damn hard to find a shiny early in the game.)

I still have it now. ^.^

No, my first shiny was pathetic! It was a certain Red Gyrados in the certain old games...

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
  • Once I restarted my Firered and while I was in Veridian Forest I found a Shiny Caterpie. (It's so damn hard to find a shiny early in the game.)

I still have it now. ^.^

No, my first shiny was pathetic! It was a certain Red Gyrados in the certain old games...

Exactly the same happened to me..

syuunikiss

4000+ Eggs Hatched
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    My first was the red gyarados like many others, lol. I caught a shiny tauros in gold and silver and was pretty mad when I found out it was untradable to the next generation. In D/P I caught both a shiny bellsprout and roselia just from random encounters while trying t level up pokemon, but I traded them away for other shinies that ended up being hacks...

Tiny_Treecko

New Newbie
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2009
    My first shiny was a shiny Sneasle. I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest. After that I aquired a shiny beautifly, shiny geodude, shiny gastly, shiny snubbull, shiny stunky, and my husband is currently training his favorite shinies, a gyarados and a dragonite that he traded for.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
  • My very first shiny was a shiny caterpie on pokemon Gold, in Ilex forest. It was the first time I'd ever played gold so I was like OMG its a different colour! Then I got a shiny shroomish in Sapphire and killed it by accident. Then I found a shiny Seviper in the BATTLE PYRAMID! D: I nearly killed myself as I absolutly LOVE shiny Sevipers. Then I found a shiny Rattata on route 3 in leafgreen, then a shiny Golbat in victory road, then a shiny smeargle in emerald, and the only shiny I've ever found in d/p is a shiny shinx. :)

Back