• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The ones we don't really love :( [ #19 ]

Which is worst? [You can only pick one]

• Total voters

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
Dasutodasu. No doubt about it. It reminds me of someone that threw up stomach acid on a vacuum cleaner, then poured years old tomato sauce on it (the tomato sauce is green because it's years old, you see), then glued on badly drawn paper eyes and a mouth with pointy teeth, then ripped somebody's guts out and stuck it on it's body. Pleasant, isn't it? :)

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
All of these pokemon are my favorites.

Crimgan takes the cake. They were high when they designed it.

It is not as bad as Reshiram, when they stapled different designs of pokemon, some of them being in some unfortunate places.

It is designed after a Gargoyle and its very detailed.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but all ya'll Stunfisk haters confused about what it's supposed to be, have you ever seen a flounder? No, not the one from The Little Mermaid, the one that is an actual fish. Look it up.

Actually, here's a photo to save you all the time.
gulf-flounder.jpg

It's a flat fish. That's what Stunfisk is based off of. It's supposed to look odd. I mean, flounders are born like normal fish, yeah; but during growth their eyes shift to one side and they become flat on the other. So stop saying it's freaky and stuff; it's meant to be odd.

/Rant

I really like Stunfisk, if you couldn't tell. It's a unique design, interesting type combination, and has that kind of oblivious face on, one that makes it look harmless and cute. If I didn't already have an affinity for Galvantula, I'd be using this little guy on my team.

Cryogonal is pretty cool in my opinion; that said, I'm not sure myself what it's supposed to be. Yes, it looks like a snowflake, but... what IS it?

Vanillite is pretty cute, actually. No problems with it.

Garbodor is... interesting, to say the least. It sure is creative, though I think it's better than Muk, who didn't really have anything it was based off of other than a pile of sludge. At least Garbodor is based off a trash bag.

But I hate both Druddigon and Tympole. However, Tympole wins the ugliness contest for me. Its expression is just too human-like in nature, and it just doesn't match with the body. Plus, those warts on the sides of its face don't look like warts; they look like mutated Princess Leia buns.

Last edited:

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
This poll is made WRONG!!! (maybe)

In my opinion, the worst of the new? That first stage Electric type with the Levitate ability.

Low stats. Movepool ONLY consists of four moves: Tackle, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam, and Charge (?).

It's white in color and even looks like "one".

The evolutions of it are great though. Crush Claw + Flamethrower = yippee!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Yeah, looking at this picture Stunfisk is perfect. (In fact Stunfisk is way more of a looker than this thing) Not everything in the animal kingdom is pretty....so why should that always be the case for pokemon too?

Just because something is ugly doesn't mean it's bad.
It might seem like that sometimes, but that's not true.....It's incredibly easy to hate, but it's much harder to try and appreciate the other things that aren't as obvious.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Spr_5b_513.png
One of the cutest Pokemon of the generation, and it evolves into this...

514.png
Dear god, where did it go wrong?

It's face looks too wide, I hate the white fur around it's neck, and it's tail looks tacky.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
Years
GAR-BO-DOR.
WHY A PILE OF TRASH?
It makes no sense. Its basically a pile of trash grew a face and became a pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
Vanillite is so adorable, I don't really care what it's based on. <3 I like all of them to an extent, but I chose Tympole because of its human-like face. Nothing else bothers me about it to be honest. I also like Seismitoad however. Druddigon isn't very good either, but I don't mind it as much.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I agree that most of the pokemon on the poll aren't exactly the cutest pokemon they've come up with. Although I disagree with Druddigon. I think he's awesome! Probably because I love dragons so much.

Tympole looks like a tapole with cancer :c
Garbodor looks like they turned Muk inside out but it survived...
I think Vanillite and its evolutions are kind of ridiculous, though Vanilluxe is kind of cute.
Crygonal is an interesting concept, but it looks like a demon snowflake that wants to eat my soul.
As for Stunkfish, it's... unorthodox.

The new pokemon I personally think are most ugly are Roggengala, Boldore, Gurdurr, and Conkeldurr. There are more but those win.

Last edited:

Vindra

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
Vanillite is just ridiculous. An ice cream Pokemon, really? It looks even sillier as it evolves. The thing that makes it stand out from the others though, is the fact that it's trying too hard to be cute. (And failing miserably.)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Vanillite is just ridiculous. An ice cream Pokemon, really? It looks even sillier as it evolves. The thing that makes it stand out from the others though, is the fact that it's trying too hard to be cute. (And failing miserably.)

I completely agree with you, although I actually think Vanillux is the cutest out of the three. If they wanted to make an ice cream pokemon they could have done a much better job in my opinion.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
I don't understand how anyone can not love Tympole/Otomaro. That thing is freaking adorable.

Voted for Garbordor. Just... ugh.

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
Years
The worst Pokemon would be the Muk wanna be. But Druddigon? IMO he actually looks kind of cool, I think there are other Pokemon that could replace him in the worst Pokemon Poll.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
For me its a tie between Stunfisk and Garbodor. I chose Stunfisk because I encountered it the first and thought that it was the stupidest looking Pokémon that ever existed.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
Years
I'm quite suprised with the poll results; I didn't expect this much lack of love for Garbodor. :(
I actually think he's quite cute and even if he is a rip-off of Muk I prefer Garbodor over Muk!

What I think is the worst designed Pokemon is Cryogonal. It looks so ugly with all those pointless lines and shapes...

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
Years
What I think is the worst designed Pokemon is Cryogonal. It looks so ugly with all those pointless lines and shapes...

I actually think he looks pretty cool, and you'd choose Garbodor over Muk? WHHHHAAAA..?! xD

Back