• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~>The Packs; Yin and Yang<~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
Years
We may as well start now. ^^

Now, on with the Role Play...:

Tsuki looked over the pack, his silver eyes gleaming in the dawn light. The Umbreons were rounding each other up into the sandcave where they spent the day. Sleeping and sharing news. The hunters are the only ones apart from the Leaders that see the light of day. They have to, patrolling the area.

Leaping silently through the dawn, and up the hill, he came to rest on the Moonstone slab. Howling, he started to move his feet to a rhythm he had been taught by himself;

The setting of the Moonhigh.

Treading lightly, he wasn't aware of the large Umbreon until it was apon him. It looked away when he met it's gaze.

"Fair Moondown, Trotto." Said Tsuki evenly, looking at the Warrior through unblinking eyes.

"Where do you wish for me to patrol, Leader? Obviously, I do not want to..."

"Be with the other Umbreons? Of course I know that." Tsuki nodded. "You may patrol where you wish. Furthurmore, please do as you bid, but be careful. May your fangs aid you in battles long far from now."

"And let the moon be bright for all your days." Sighed Tratto. "Yeah, I know it." He met Tsuki's gaze squarely, then trotted away, vanishing into the shadows with a flick of his tail.

((I hope you don't mind me doing that dragon-fyre...I think I portrayed your character well. ^^; If you don't like it, I'll edit it out. OwO))

Years
Name: Kali

Pack: Yang

Place in Pack: Warrior (If it is fine, could she be the head warrior?a sergeant of sorts)

Description: Kali looks to be like any other Umbreon of her age, though there are many small details that set her apart from the rest of her pack. Her eyes are an emerald green colour which draws attention from the rest of her body; this can act as a means of distraction when battling. Another detail that sets her apart from the rest is a shocking silver streak running from the top of her head to the tip of her tail, moonlight reflects from this streak of silver, sometimes acting as a distraction whilst catching pray. The rest of her appearance is like those of her fellow pack mates, midnight black fur and silver markings.

Personality: Kali is a merciless Pokemon, she shows no forgiveness or mercy to her enemies, and will protect her pack to the very last. She backs down from no fight and uses many methods to guarantee victory for her pack. Though unforgiving in battle, she is one of the most humble and loyal Pokemon one would come across, protective of her leaders and the pups, she will by no means turn her back on them.

Attacks: Moonlight, Faint Attack, Protect and Shadow ball.

History: Her father was a brave warrior who fought to the very end for his pack. About a year ago, when Kali was but a pup, there was a war between the yang pack and a pack of Mightyena. Her father was to lead the yang pack into battle and was sadly killed whilst trying to protect his den from a pack of Mightyena who had some how managed to slip through the defences.

Her mother was also killed in this massacre whilst trying to protect Kali from the merciless jaws of the enemy. She was killed right in front of Kali?s eyes as she fought bravely whilst giving Kali the chance to escape. Unfortunately for Kali she was too flabbergasted and frightened to move?it was then left to the remaining warriors to save her from death.

She was brought up by one of the warriors as an act of pity towards the youngling who lost her parents on that fateful night. Since then, she has followed in her fathers footsteps, determined to protect the pack at all costs.

Other: Kali tends to get angry easily and when she does, she also gets violent.

Dam: ???

Sire: ???

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: You know what, on second thought I'll just go ahead and post. ^_^

IC:

Dawn...
Iumi smiled in relief as she noticed the first rays of sunlight peeking over the treetops. The Esepon quickly made her way to the summit of the nearest hill, closing her eyes and stretching her head as high as possible to feel the rays on her body. Iumi's white fur began to glitter in the sunlight, strange shapes, beautiful in their aliennes, began to dance along her body, sparkling with light and making it almost difficult to look straight at her.

It had been a lonely night patrolling the borders of the pack territory, but it all seemed worthwile for Iumi just for these few moments of pure pleasure. Basking in the light of the morning sun, in blissful solitude. The Espeon let out a contented sigh and enjoyed the moment, forgetting for a moment all of the responsibilities and dangers of the world.

~? Northern Lights ?~

Crazy'n proud of it!
Years
Alu looked over her dozing pack, her eyes gleaming with delight. The sun had barely risen, and the only sound that could be heard was the occassional mumble of a sleeping Espeon.

Leaping through the dawn, the morning dew tickled the Espeon's paws slightly. She leapt gracefully through the fresh grass, as the welcoming glow of the sun reflected upon the mountains; a picturesque (sp?) scene. With a sudden burst of excitement, Alu shot up the grassy hill, preparing for a day full of new wonders.

The vivid glow of the morning sun stung the Espeon's eyes for a second, as she stood proudly upon the overhanging hill. The scene was most pleasant to see, and Alu let out a howl of sheer joy to announce the start of a new day. Far below, she could see the tiny dots of which were other pokemon waking to the new day. One particular one however, caught her eye.

A handsome jet-black Umbreon flung his head backwards, fresh water dripping from his muzzle. His rings flashed all the many colours of the rainbow, and glowed vividly in the dawn's light. Alu gazed at him admiringly, and then a thought hit her. With a new spark of adventure, she bounded down the grassy hill, filled with new hope...

dragon-fyre

Star Wars Fan
Years
Tratto wandered through the forest, thoroughly bored. He could see the Yin pack in the distance, fast asleep. "Foolish creatures..." he said bitterly. Tratto turned to look for his leader, up on the hill, but Tsuki was gone. He froze. There was the cracking of leaves and twigs. "Come out, or I'll kill you anyway!" he growled. There was a yell, and a human stepped into the clearing. Tratto roared and threw himself at the trainer, but he was knocked back onto the ground as a Mightyena appeared. Tratto climbed to his feet and attacked savagely, but it seemed to have no effect on the great, dark enemy. He pounced, clinging to the Mightyena's neck. He bit into the thick fur, and the Mightyena fell to the ground. Tratto stood there, confused. How had he defeated the Pokemon so easily? Then he turned and ran. He had to warn the others before it was too late.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: Whoa, progressing a bit fast aren't we?

IC:

"Foolish creatures..." a stray wind brought the words to Iumi's well-tuned ears as she stood in the sunlight.

Foolish, eh?
she returned her senses to the present, scanning the area below for the perpetrator, and spotted an unusually looking Umbreon, one with blood red rings who seemed to be limping just a bit, before he dissapeared between the trees. "Tratto..." Iumi said for herself, recognizing the Yang pack warrior now "I should have known...". They had met on occasion, both being more or less loners by nature and patrolling the outskirts of their respective territories, but they hadn't really spoken to each other, just passed with gruff grunts of acknowledgement and she saw no reason to change that.

Iumi sighed and began travelling back down the hill: Today's moment of serenity was over, so she might as well face it like a warrior and get back to work.

OOC: Oh, and sorry I mixed up Tratto's appearance with another's. I've fixed it now...

Last edited:

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
Years
Tsuki shook himself playfully, sending droplets of water scattering around. Deciding he would join his pack now, he vanished into the forests.

A few seconds later, the Espeon Alu appeared at exactly the same place where the strange and beautiful Umbreon had been only seconds beforehand. Seeing he was gone, she sniffed around, and only smelt the wisps of moonlit meadows.

His aroma...She thought dreamily, and padded forwards.

Her paw splashed in something warm. Looking down, she saw her paw was covered in sparklings from a rainbow flask. Gasping with delight when the colours swam up her arm and tickled her underbelly. Then, as soon as the feeling was there, it wasn't. It was like it knew when it was being touched...She cupped her tail around her hindquatres, and picked up the strange flask in her teeth. Deciding she'd look at it later, she retreated back into her pack's territory, unknowing that a pair of eyes had been watching her from the trees. Invade our territory and die...You do not belong here, young Espeon. Warrior thoughts. A Yang warrior.

Inlaid in the moonstone, a sudden sparkle splashed around the Morning light. Crossed between moonlight and sunbeams, words formed on the spotless surface. A message from the Departed Pack above amoung the clouds. It was a prophecy...:

Beware the dangers thy must face,
Find thy magic, hold thy grace
Plant thy magic seed yonder far,
Only the combined magic will overcome all wickedness, by the light of Sar,
Without which, the seeds with rot,
Causing thy pack to wither and sink,
With grudges you will be pushed over the brink,
Let cowardice not hinder you in your search,
Let your senses heal your misgivings long past,
And ...

There was a crunch, and a large dog scraped a claw along the moonstone, dashing the words. It's breath was heavy, it's eyes were mad with greed.

"This is what we have for you, Yin and Yang. Fear us. For we have brought something that every Pokemon fears..." He chuckled, a cruel, grating sound, like nails on a chalkboard.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
A large male espeon yawned and stretched, his fangs gleaming dimly as his mouth opened. He turned his gelden gaze toward the rising sun, stepping out from the shadows of the tree he had slept under. The spiral like designs danced in the radiance of the light, his pelt gleaming an intense silver. All except for the tip of his tail that seemed to absorb the light about it. It was blacker then black could be, not the glossy jet black but a dull, all consuming absense of light. It was of course one of his trade marks.

The male looked about, his ears swivelling forward to catch the sounds of the morning. Suddenly a ball of white slamed into his leg, the male looking down at the pup in amusement.

" Taijin-sama!!!" the ball barked excitedly, running circles around the male. He cocked his head at the pup watching it run about him.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Iumi gave a small smile as she noticed Taijin, the pack deputy, and the tiny Espeon pup running around him. The scene reminded her of her own childhood, nearly bringing a tear to her eye. The Espeon shook her head and kept walking, although she couldn't help giving of a nostalgic sigh. This was their idyl and she shouldn't encroach.

You are a warrior now. she told herself There are more important things for you to concern yourself with than clinging to childhood memories.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
" Lystless go bother someone else for a while..." Taijin groaned irritabley, rolling his eyes at the child. Lystless stopped for a second, looking up at his sire. His tail wagged wildly, kicking up dust.

" But, Chichiune! I wanna play with you!!!" The pup whined, earning a light smirk from the male. Taijin turned his gaze to Iumi, dipping his maw to her in greeting.

" Ello, Iumi." He said warmly, the pup yipping and bounding toward her.
" Iumi-Sama!!!" Lystless called happily, proceeding to run circles around her as well. Taijin smirked at the sight, slowly sneeking away.

" Can I be your apprentice now? Can I can I can I?" the child asked excitedly, jumping up and down. He had asked her the same question every day for the past month.

dragon-fyre

Star Wars Fan
Years
Tratto stopped. Why should he warn the others? Humans had come into the forest before, and they had done no harm. But why did he feel that something was not quite right? The Umbreon shook himself, and headed back towards the pack. Tratto soon found the Yang pack, and he settled down underneath an Oak tree, away from the others. He prefered the silence, and soon he was fast asleep.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
"Greetings." Iumi replied with a cautious nod. She didn't have the time to make an escape before Lystless had already set upon her, running in excited circles. Now she had gone and gotten herself involved again, Taijin sneaking of as usual. Not so fast mister... she thought with a sly smirk.

"Well Lystless...I have no doubt that you would make a good apprentice." she said softly, smiling at the pup "But you are a bit on the young side, aren't you?" the Espeon tilted her head "I'm afraid I cannot let you apprentice without permission from both Alu and your sire. In this case the latter would be Taijin, would it not?" she cast a glance at the other Espeon who hadn't quite managed to make a getaway yet.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
Taijin froze mid step, his eyes widening (If this were an anime he would have a sweatdrop rolling down the back of his head XD) as he glanced back at them.

" CHICHIUNE!!!!" Lystless yelled, rushing back towards his father who cast Iumi a " I will get you" look. The tiny espeon leapt onto his back and began to leap up and down. Taijin rolled his eyes in annoyance and began looking for a stick or something to pry him off with.

" Any trouble today Iumi?" Taijin asked, taking on a more serious tone. His golden eyes gleamed, his sight into the future sensing a great danger.

Years
The fearless leader of the Yang warriors stood proud and tall at the top of the hills trail. Her head was held proud as she looked out towards the vast forest. Her fur blew in the small breeze, but her frame never wavered, she was too proud to give into the small wind that blew at the trees. She would stand tall and proud, not matter what the condition.

Her eyes were fixed on the plains just past the forest, watching, perhaps waiting for danger of a trainer or some other sort of Pokemon that would prove a threat to her pack. But then, her eyes darted back and forth, just in case the Yin pack decided to drop in and pay their den a visit.

A tingle travelled up her spine and her eyes darted in the direction of the river. There she saw to spots, one white and one black. She growled, how dare a member of the Yin pack converse with one of her own. She jumped from her post atop the hill and started to make her way back down into the forest to where her pack had made their shelter.

She passed into the fortress of trees and slunk deep into the forest. She soon came across a small opening where many Umbreon played and bathed under the trees shade. This was what she was made to protect, this was her meaning in life, to keep these Umbreon free of harm.

She watched as many small Pups crossed her path, greeting her and running in circles around her ankles. She smiled and nudged them lightly with her snout. They all in turn gnawed at her ears before making their way back to their mothers. Kali smiled and continued on her way through the small village of Umbreon.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Iumi put on a saintly face at Taijin's look, pretending not to know what he was upset about. Lystless was annoying, but Iumi knew that Taijin was really fond of the pup deep down. She turned her expression serious as bussiness was being discussed.

"A lone trainer and his Sneasel looking for easy catches, and a particularly dim-witted Nidorino looking for a fight." the Espeon replied to the inqury dissmissively, "Nothing I couldn't handle, obviously. Although I do worry about the recent human encroachment." she added with a hint of concern expressed in her lavender eyes "They seem to be getting bolder by the day and those two were all too close to our living area. Oh, and one more thing." she added as an afterthought "I noticed that Yang warrior, Tratto, skulking around our borders again." she frowned slightly. Tratto wasn't really a troublemaking type, but a member of the Yang pack that close to her home always put Iumi on edge.

Last edited:
Years
(OOC- Lets keep posts above the parapgraph limit, eh? ^ ^)
Kali looked upon the older Umbreon and regarded him quietly before turning her gaze back to the direction she was walking in. She muttered ?The River, I would have sworn I saw a member of the Yin pack conversing with a member of our pack. I will not allow it.? The Yang warriors and the Yin Warriors had had many of battle in the past, and had not exactly been on friendly terms, but Friends or not, Kali?s job was to ensure the safety of her own pack.

She leapt from a muddy heap down onto solid ground and made her way over the many roots from rotting trees towards the River?s edge. The soil was damper in this direction, and she had always been able to find her way back to the village or to the river by following the moistness of the soil, ever since she was a little pup.

?It is good to know there have not been any territorial wars lately,? she announced, trying to make polite conversation with the older Umbreon. ?Though it worries me to think that someone could be plotting against us, waiting for the right moment to attack and kill.? She shook her head vigorously ?But it is wrong for me to think of such things?but one can not help but wonder, Tratto?am I right? Or should I not worry so much??

Tratto was older than herself, and thus wiser, Kali was only leader due to her courage and strategy on the battle field, in truth, she was only just entering adult hood and was none the wiser to life?no?her life revolved around battle and protection.

dragon-fyre

Star Wars Fan
Years
Tratto followed Kali quietly. "I dont see why one of our kind would plot against us." he replied, "But you can never be too sure..." Tratto looked towards the river, indeed there was both an Umbreon and an Espeon by the muddy bank. He growled. It was not normal for the Yin pack to be friendly with a Yang member.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
Taijin's ears twitched as a cold chill swept through his body.

" Where is Alu?" He asked suddenly, the tone of his voice causing even Lystless to calm down. He had a bad feeling, and he didn't like it at all.

" Lystless go to the den...Iumi come with me...I think there is going to be trouble." Taijin stated. The pup scrabbled off to do his father's bidding as the large male started towards the river in serch of their leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back