• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Persona Challenge

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Oh ok - You may use Abomasnow than- And double posting is still against rules..

Okay, sorry about that, I took care of one of the posts and I'll refrain from double posting in the future. Also, I'll add Abomasnow to my Diamond team.

Years
Hi, i would like to sign up as well...

Name: D4rkEmpire
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Types: Fairy, Poison, Grass, Fighting, Steel/Ground, Fire

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Pokemon Ultimate Persona Challenge: Part 1 (Pokemon Blue JP)

Badges

50px-Soul_Badge_zpsfdc19c24.png

Team
Spoiler:

Update after five badges (and then some)...

Well, it's been awhile, but it's time to get back to work with this Persona challenge. Well, after defeating Erika it was time to deal with the Team Rocket base under the game corner. Thankfully these Rocket grunts provided me with an opportunity to get a little more experience before facing Giovanni for the first time. After making short work of him, it was time to head to the Pokemon Tower, where I was in for a rude awakening.

The Pokemon Tower was awful. Half my team was dead weight in the area, with Wigglytuff not being able to hit Ghosts, Primape only have Rock Slide that he could us against them, and Beedrill could only hit them with Twineedle, which was not very effective. Thankfully this gave my an opportunity to finally spend some time with Wartorle, which bumped him up to 35 by the time we were finished with the area. I defeated Team Rocket once again and rescued Mr. Fuji and then it was time to head south.

I rushed to Fushia City, since I wanted to get Surf and finish my team, so I avoided as many trainers as possible on the way. I made short work of Snorlax, thanks to Primeape, and Wartortle finally evolved to Blastoise before we arrived in Fushia. After arriving there, I immediately went to the Safari Zone and worked my way through to find HM 03 and the Gold Teeth. With Surf and Strength at my disposal, I headed off to fight Koga and claim my fifth badge. Little did I know, that skipping all of those trainers would almost be my undoing. The battles in the gym were tough, nearly every Pokemon I fought was higher level of most of my team. I must have forgotten just how big of a jump there was from Erika to Koga. I was really concerned with my chances against Koga, but I was able to survive thanks to the AI wanting to use Explosion on their final Pokemon. With Koga defeated (barely) I was able to acquire my fifth badge and TM06.

After gaining the badge, I wanted to finish out my team before taking a break. So, I hopped on my bike and rode from Fushia back up to the Power Plant were I was able to capture my fifth Pokemon, a Magnemite, so I captured it and Dominion joined the team. After catching it, I used and escape rope to go back to Fushia City and headed south. I kept along the west edge of the map to ensure I avoided trainers and could get to Seafoam Island easily. Once arriving, I dropped down as far as I could go and then went up one level to get to the room with the highest encounter rate for Seel, but luck was with my again. The first encounter on that floor was a Dewgong, the rarest encounter on that floor of the cave, which allowed me to have a Dewgong that was already on par with the rest of my team. I know I'm going to need to go back and fight some of these trainers that I skipped in order to get my team leveled up to where they need to be and then it'll be onto Sabrina and the Marsh Badge.

Back