• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Persona Challenge

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
  • No problem! I'm just using the random generator to generate pokemon of your type, and this time I came up with Flygon and Bronzong. Will these work?
    Yes, they will! :D
    Never used a bronzong before, should be interesting.

Update #1
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    I really want to sign up for this challenge but can't get on to the quiz for some reason? Like the site just doesn't connect :/

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I really want to sign up for this challenge but can't get on to the quiz for some reason? Like the site just doesn't connect :/

Yeah, it's not just the quiz, it's the entire site. It might be under maintenance or something. Try waiting a couple hours, hopefully it will be back up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    I know I signed up for this a while ago and haven't made any updates on my progress so here is one now. All the screenies are on my broken unfixable laptop so I can't post them luck I had the save on a thumbdrive. I don't really remember much of what happened so far incept that I'm blacking out every other battle and the level curve in ridiculous lvl 70 at the 7th gym. Grinding is taking forever and Magcargo just sucks a** and they gave dodrio hussle and it misses when ever I need it to hit. But I will not admit defeat I will beat expert emerald with these sucktacular pokemon. I can't get my photobucket account working right now so no pics of the team. Some moves might seem a little odd but they are legal in expert emerald.
    :t275: Moves: Leaf Blade, Fake Out, Crunch, Extrasensory
    :t219:Moves: Flame Thrower, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Amnesia
    :t085:Moves: Drill Peck, Thrash, Steel Wing, Tri Attack
    :t354:Moves: Thunder Bolt, Will-o-Wisp, Extrasensory, Shadow ball
    :t082:Moves: Thunder Bolt, Tri Attack, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave
    :t340:Moves: Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #4: Sacred Gold
    I'm well on my way to completing this challenge. Now just hoping this thread doesn't die out before I do.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    323.png

Magician the Lax Camerupt (M) @ Lv.51
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Item: Wide Lens
    Rock Slide, Focus Energy, Lava Plume, Earthquake
    189.png

Lovers the Sassy Jumpluff (M) @ Lv.50
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Item: Miracle Seed
    U-turn, Bullet Seed, Giga Drain, Bounce
    121.png

Priestess the Sassy Starmie (/) @ Lv.52
    Ability: Illuminate
    Psybeam, Surf, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam
    289.png

Fool the Serious Slaking (F) @ Lv.51
    Ability: Truant
    Item: Silk Scarf
    Slash, Return, Night Slash, Slack Off
    478.png

Death the Relaxed Froslass (F) @ Lv.53
    Ability: Levitate
    Headbutt, Shadow Ball, Bite, Ice Beam
    359.png

Devil the Adamant Absol (M) @ Lv.51
    Ability: Pressure
    Future Sight, Swords Dance, Bite, Slash

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    Is this thread still on? If it is I'll start the challenge!
    Name: Blastatron
    Game: White 2
    Types: Fire, Grass, Grass/Poison, Water, Steel, and Dark
    P.S. Quizfarm is down so I took multiple quizzes and took the most common results.

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Is this thread still on? If it is I'll start the challenge!
    Name: Blastatron
    Game: White 2
    Types: Fire, Grass, Grass/Poison, Water, Steel, and Dark
    P.S. Quizfarm is down so I took multiple quizzes and took the most common results.
    Nice to see someone posting, I can finally upload the rest of this challenge and finish it. But first your team. I used a randomizer to generate the Pokémon, if you want any swapped out for something else just say so and I'll randomize again for another Pokémon. So without further ado:
    500.png
    598.png
    407.png
    419.png
    306.png
    510.png

I checked and am pretty sure they're all available in White 2, if you want a change though, just ask.

Update #5: Sacred Gold
    Red was surprisingly easy. For a game where you practically have to be overleveled all the time, I thought I was taking a huge risk trying to take on Red with Lv.80 Pokémon. But it seems I had good enough coverage with my Pokémon.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    323.png

Magician the Lax Camerupt (M) @ Lv.80
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Item: Wide Lens
    Rock Slide, Eruption, Lava Plume, Earthquake
    189.png

Lovers the Sassy Jumpluff (M) @ Lv.80
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Item: Miracle Seed
    U-turn, Bullet Seed, Aromatherapy, Bounce
    121.png

Priestess the Sassy Starmie (/) @ Lv.80
    Ability: Illuminate
    Item: Focus Sash
    Psychic, Surf, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam
    289.png

Fool the Serious Slaking (F) @ Lv.80
    Ability: Truant
    Item: Silk Scarf
    Rock Climb, Return, Punishment, Hammer Arm
    478.png

Death the Relaxed Froslass (F) @ Lv.80
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: NeverMeltIce
    Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam
    359.png

Devil the Adamant Absol (M) @ Lv.80
    Ability: Pressure
    Item: Choice Band
    Psycho Cut, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Slash

I'd like to do this challenge again, as I had a lot of fun with it. I was a bit hesitant to do this again, just because the thread seems to have died a bit, but if it does while I'm doing this challenge (which, let's be honest, will probably take me a long time to finish) then I'll just finish it without updating. So:
    Name: Buzz Buzz
    Game: Blaze Black (so all 649 Pokémon are available)
    Types: Fire, Grass, Water, Normal, Ghost and Dark

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    Nice job beating the game! Some of the pokemon will take a while to get but the only one that needs to be changed is Aggron. He can't be caught until beating the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    Ok I'll put together your team for you. First do you want to do the Social Link Rule and chose one of your pokemon?

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Nice job beating the game! Some of the pokemon will take a while to get but the only one that needs to be changed is Aggron. He can't be caught until beating the game.
    Thanks! I kinda didn't notice Aggron not being available before beating the game, sorry. Would Magnezone work for you instead? (it's also available a little sooner in the game)

Ok I'll put together your team for you. First do you want to do the Social Link Rule and chose one of your pokemon?
    Nope I don't really want to choose any of the Pokémon, I'd rather be surprised.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    Here's what I got for your pokemon:
    Magcargo Cacturne Kabutops Delcatty Dusknoir Hydreigon
    I don't know where to get them in Blaze Black so let me know which need to be changed.
    Also Magnezone will work good.

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #1: Blaze Black
    I absolutely hate this game. I only had Skitty available and will only have that until I get to Route 4 and Relic Castle, but I don't really mind that. Lenora, however, is the most annoying gym leader and I acquired a specific dislike for Bouffalant. It's not just the fact that it's a double battle, so as I only had one Pokémon I couldn't use the Pansear I use for Cut and once it fainted I got hit by two attacks per turn. On top of that I also had no access to a Moon Stone (at least that I know of) before this battle so I had to level Skitty up to a ridiculous level 38 before it stopped getting one-shotted by Bouffalant's Revenge.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    300.png

Fool the Serious Skitty (F) @ Lv.38
    Ability: Wonder Skin
    Wake-Up Slap
    Covet
    Faint Attack
    Attract

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Hi all, so I've finally got around to starting my own challenge.
    Update 1
    Team:
    Takeba (Grovyle) Lv. 24
    Orpheus (Linoone) Lv. 24

Badges: 2/8

Geez, Orpheus is starting to lag behind already! It seems that if he doesn't move first it's a one hit kill. But I will persevere!

firefight

I like people
    Years
  • this challenge looks great! am i still able to join? the link to the quiz wasn't working so i found a similar quiz on quotev called what tarot card suits you best by sherbear. if this is unacceptable then can you direct me to a quiz thats okay with you all?

name: firefight
    game: stormsilver (soulsilver hack)
    types: grass, water, ground, poison, steel/ground, electric

really not liking the types but this is meant to be a challenge i guess :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    this challenge looks great! am i still able to join? the link to the quiz wasn't working so i found a similar quiz on quotev called what tarot card suits you best by sherbear. if this is unacceptable then can you direct me to a quiz thats okay with you all?

Victreebel, Kingdra, Donphan, Gengar, Steelix, Ampharos

I've never played Soul/Storm Silver so I just used a random Pokemon generator with Johto Pokemon, if you want a re-roll including gen 3 and 4 Pokemon let me know and I will.

Name: Rarevalo92
    Game: Emerald
    Types: Steel, Poison, Grass, Rock, Fire, Water/Psychic

firefight

I like people
    Years
  • Victreebel, Kingdra, Donphan, Gengar, Steelix, Ampharos

I've never played Soul/Storm Silver so I just used a random Pokemon generator with Johto Pokemon, if you want a re-roll including gen 3 and 4 Pokemon let me know and I will.

Name: Rarevalo92
    Game: Emerald
    Types: Steel, Poison, Grass, Rock, Fire, Water/Psychic
    pretty decent set you gave me!
    Mawile, seviper, tropius, graveler (or golem if you can), torkoal, starmie
    you could use a randomizer and cheats to get them but if you want a redo with pokemon that are easier to get in emerald then tell me (like mawile, you can only get those at victory road)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    pretty decent set you gave me!
    Mawile, seviper, tropius, graveler (or golem if you can), torkoal, starmie
    you could use a randomizer and cheats to get them but if you want a redo with pokemon that are easier to get in emerald then tell me (like mawile, you can only get those at victory road)

No Its all good I'll just use randomizer to make ot my starter or something.

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    this challenge looks great! am i still able to join? the link to the quiz wasn't working so i found a similar quiz on quotev called what tarot card suits you best by sherbear. if this is unacceptable then can you direct me to a quiz thats okay with you all?

That's fine. I think the site just goes down alot. But any substitute works just as well

firefight

I like people
    Years
  • That's fine. I think the site just goes down alot. But any substitute works just as well
    im new to this site. i've done challenges before but i don't really know how to go about this since i've never done them on a site like this, i mostly just did them by myself. do i post updates? i noticed that you all did that, but i would like to know the specifics. sorry to bother you!

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    im new to this site. i've done challenges before but i don't really know how to go about this since i've never done them on a site like this, i mostly just did them by myself. do i post updates? i noticed that you all did that, but i would like to know the specifics. sorry to bother you!

Its fine! You can update if you want, but it's not mandatory (At least for my challenge). However if you do update i'll update your progress on the challengers list on the first page.

Back