• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza - Discussion Thread

Years
    It's great to see that there are still a decent amount of entries, but I would very much like to see more. Come on people! They're all great, but we need new people as well as our oldies ^_^

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Yay me entered again. And good iggy for once with art just for the contest. EXperimenting though :p I love doing this style by hand so it was different doing it on comp ^-^ So nice to see so much competition. And such variartion! I adore the celebi with the detail..and that deoxys is superb. So many pretty pictures. It's a great contest! I'm in awe of all the entries so far. Really hope there are more to inspire us all ^-^

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    I don't really like mine. I'm all depressed because it's impossible for me to get into Suito-Radio's Oekaki.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Igtica, your entry is amazing! You ''stole my idea'', I was going to make a baby Articuno, but went for a Jirachi instead =P

My entry is in now, by the way. And as I said in the entry thread, I know the background sucks.

Last edited:

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Thankies so much for the kind commenst peeps ^-^ Sorry i 'stole' your idea.. i didn't know you intended to do the smae smarties-kun! I love your entry! And Legend's celebi worked out way better than i imagined when i suggested it ^-^ This is a great contest.. all the entries are so good! Well done to whoever came up with the idea, and of course the wonderous FG for putting it all together! I swear it's you that draw so many contestants to try as they admire you so much..like i have for years ^-^ I always told you that your art was amazing.. and better than mine ;)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Made my entry just now.

...why is it that I always see flaws in my pictures right after I submit it to something big -_-;

Anyhow, watercolouring is hard stuff. But it's fun, so I might actually keep colouring in watercolours... who knows?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    igtica said:
    Thankies so much for the kind commenst peeps ^-^ Sorry i 'stole' your idea.. i didn't know you intended to do the smae smarties-kun!
    Oh well, it doesn't really matter. I lost my Articuno anyway D= Stupid Photoshop saving it in a format no program can open >D
    I always told you that your art was amazing.. and better than mine ;)
    *Pokesorz* now don't you go telling people your art is worse than someone else's >D Everyone has their own style, so it's rather hard to defy whose art is worse, besides, you're own of the most amazing artists on PC (not to mention one of the best Pokémon artists I have ever seen >D)

Last edited:

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Love the Groudon Kohei ^-^ i've always loved you entries. Your watercolouring looks good to me. I like how you use it to make such a harsh looking pokemon look more gentle ^-^ It's pretty.

Smarties-kun said:
    Oh well, it doesn't really matter. I lost my Articuno anyway D= Stupid Photoshop saving it in a format no program can open >D*Pokesorz* now don't you go telling people your art is worse than someone else's >D Everyone has their own style, so it's rather hard to defy whose art is worse, besides, you're own of the most amazing artists on PC (not to mention one of the best Pokémon artists I have ever seen >D)

Aww i'm sorry to hear you lost you articuno. I would have loved to have seen it. Unfortunatly we all suffer painful losses from glitches of one kind or another (or in my case in particular forgetting to save :p). Lol Smarties-kun (i do love your name) when i was friends with FG...well even before that.. i remember the first pic I saw of hers..when she wasn't FG but went under another name, It was a Ho-oh. I was in awe of it.. and I have been in awe of her art ever since. FG helped me get psp..without her i wouldn't be where i am now. I have alot to thank her for. Your right everyone has their own style, but also every artist has an artist they look upto who does things the artist wishes they could do....these things you try and better yourself in... because of them....FG does that for me..she always has...but so have other PC old members...like orange*berry, Moonlight and Hitmonarch...as well as new like FNA, Cowrie and Light_Azurill. It's just FG was the first... I've always said that of her work, and It will never change ^-^ I'm in awe of your comment of me.. I don't quite think I'm that height in the heirarchy of PC artist...but I find it very flattering you appreciate my work and think of it so highly. Thank you so much *huggles* I love your work too. I wish you would eneter more contests! You should have seen some of my first entries...I find them comical.. but i guess i had to start somewhere ^-^

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    Well, the first thing that came to my mind was blood. I'll get shot or something if I do blood, so I am going diectly to my second thought, monocromantics. I'm not exactly sure yet what I'll be doing, but I'm thinking bigger oekaki canvas then 450^2 . That'll force my to either use photoshop or a place with big canvas sizes. *shrug* I've allready got all that squared away, now I need a subject. And it will not be the first subject that came to my mind either. (Chriz's anatomy is too complex.) (I'm planning to draw her in a drifferent picture scribbling on walls to state a point, I really, REALLY, can't background. Though with that attitude I may never be able too.) Hmm, maybe dolphins or fish. Maybe a surrealist style piece. All I know is that it'll be a monochromatic.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Crystal Clair sees this subject is the color of red
    And Pokesho's main color always seemed to be red (and white)
    Crystal Clair has a biiiiiig idea for the art contest!
    Yes, that does mean Crystal Clair is entering
    Heh, I can be so silly!

Years
    gasp
    Blaze has finished his piece but his scanner is rubbish and he could take a picture with his Digital camera, if he knew where it is
    What will he do?
    Find out next post on *shot*

Back