• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-[The PokeCommunity's Daily Chit Chat]-|2007 New Year's Edition|<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm not the person to ask about this. I didn't even understand what a "semester" was until I started going to university a week ago. XD; I never went to high school, so I'm not aware of the process from that point, but...I believe you go right from high school to four years of uni for some kind of degree, then you can go back for your Masters, Bachelor's, PhD, etc.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I'm not the person to ask about this. I didn't even understand what a "semester" was until I started going to university a week ago. XD; I never went to high school, so I'm not aware of the process from that point, but...I believe you go right from high school to four years of uni for some kind of degree, then you can go back for your Masters, Bachelor's, PhD, etc.
    Ugh, didn't know you were homeschooled (right? XD) until just now. Well, Americans finish high school two years later than the British, so starting University would be at roughly the same age (about 18). And here, the university courses go:
    Bachelors Degree >> Masters Degree >> PhD.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Ugh, didn't know you were homeschooled (right? XD) until just now. Well, Americans finish high school two years later than the British, so starting University would be at roughly the same age (about 18). And here, the university courses go:
    Bachelors Degree >> Masters Degree >> PhD.
    Can you explain this a bit? I've never heard that before...

Years
  • Well, I was sort of homeschooled. We really didn't do much of anything, so I more or less consider myself a grade-school dropout. XD; That's why uni was such a new experience for me.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Can you explain this a bit? I've never heard that before...
    Those of us in the United Kingdom leave high school when we're 15/16. Whereas, I believe Americans graduate high school at 17/18.

Abby said:
    Well, I was sort of homeschooled. We really didn't do much of anything, so I more or less consider myself a grade-school dropout. XD; That's why uni was such a new experience for me.
    Wow, that seems like a huge leap to take. Good for you for taking most of it in your stride.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • It was! I'm still getting used to it, all while trying to keep up with the uni pace. But thank you. :x

I'm actually pretty worried about University.. ._. the program I want to get into is really demanding.. I was speaking to a 3rd year student in the program.. and she was telling me that she goes home at Midnight every night because of the workload ._.;;~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm actually pretty worried about University.. ._. the program I want to get into is really demanding.. I was speaking to a 3rd year student in the program.. and she was telling me that she goes home at Midnight every night because of the workload ._.;;~

Mightnight? Doesn't the uni let the students out till then, or did she choose to stay to finish the work?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009

Well whatever you're gonna do in Uni, good luck with it and hope you have bright future. ;) But as for me, I still got a like 3 years of school left before Uni here in Aus, and now you're making me nervous about Uni...well, I always thought Uni should be lite, but it's all about what you're gonna do, right? Would you think IT would be hard? :\

Eco Wu1f

<- Hey look, it's me! =]
    Years
  • College prep, eh?

This is my first year in college. It's a good amount of work, but I really like it. At least...it beats the crap out of high school. =P

Yeah. Next year i'll be a senior, then after that its straight off to college for me! I thought about taking a break before hand, ya know? But i figured if i took a break and actually LIKES not having school or anything, i'd be tempted to just NOT go to college... so... yeah, straight off to college for me X.X;

Im majoring in graphic design =]]]]]]]]

Years
  • I'm going into college as soon as I can. I don't think I'll take a break, even if it's to get some money. I'd rather not. The sooner I can get it done with, the better. Then I can get a (or a different) job and move on with life.

I'll be going to the college over here. I don't know how hard it'll be, probably not very hard at all. I just need to figure out what I'm going to major in. :/

I hope it's not hard, anyway. If I have any more years like this one, I'll go crazy @_@;; I hate this year... why do some say their senior year is the best? I'll never get them at all.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I'll definately be taking a year off before I go to college. I need that time to earn money, and train with my horse, since I'll probably be taking some riding classes in the place I'm planning on going to. :x Also, my parents don't want to me to go when I'm 18.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Sorano said:
    I'll definately be taking a year off before I go to college. I need that time to earn money, and train with my horse, since I'll probably be taking some riding classes in the place I'm planning on going to. :x Also, my parents don't want to me to go when I'm 18.

That's pretty cool, I'd like a year off so I could earn money because the schools I want to got to are all expensive ;; but my parents want me out asap!

As for horses, I've ridden them twice in my life and I was scared of the horses both times (since I really wasn't sure how to ride or controll them in the first place). I almost fell off the horse because I couldn't controll it.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • That's pretty cool, I'd like a year off so I could earn money because the schools I want to got to are all expensive ;; but my parents want me out asap!

My parents think 18 is too young to start college, I'm not sure why. XD; So I'll just listen to them. I wouldn't mind a year off. They also want me to live on the farm when I'm older. They said I can build a house or something, but I want my own farm. Only way smaller. I don't plan on having 20+ horses like we do now. :x

As for horses, I've ridden them twice in my life and I was scared of the horses both times (since I really wasn't sure how to ride or controll them in the first place). I almost fell off the horse because I couldn't controll it.

I've never been afraid of horses, because I've always been able to control them. But after I was bucked off in September by my horse, I've been kind of debating on whether or not I want to ride again. XD; I was knocked unconscious, and I sprained my wrist {and it's still sprained}, so I've been nervous since then. However, after exams I'm going to start training again.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Sorano said:
    My parents think 18 is too young to start college, I'm not sure why. XD; So I'll just listen to them. I wouldn't mind a year off. They also want me to live on the farm when I'm older. They said I can build a house or something, but I want my own farm. Only way smaller. I don't plan on having 20+ horses like we do now. :x

XD My parent's are opposite, they want me take college courses this summer so I can graduate by time I'm a juior next year...I don't see that happening though. 20+ does seem like alot to take care of, my mom used to live on a farm with about ten and she said they were a lot to handle.

I've never been afraid of horses, because I've always been able to control them. But after I was bucked off in September by my horse, I've been kind of debating on whether or not I want to ride again. XD; I was knocked unconscious, and I sprained my wrist {and it's still sprained}, so I've been nervous since then. However, after exams I'm going to start training again.

Owwy ;; well hopefully your wrist gets better! That's good, and ew-I hate exams, I just finished mine last week (thankfully).

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • XD My parent's are opposite, they want me take college courses this summer so I can graduate by time I'm a juior next year...I don't see that happening though. 20+ does seem like alot to take care of, my mom used to live on a farm with about ten and she said they were a lot to handle.

XD; My parents aren't like that. The only reason they want me out is so they can have the master bedroom that I stole from them. :x
    All those horses are a lot to handle. The plan was to have 10-12, but then my family decided to make the business a breeding facility. We sell a horse and buy a horse almost every month, so the numbers always stay around the same. xD Luckily, they don't make me help with all of them.

Owwy ;; well hopefully your wrist gets better! That's good, and ew-I hate exams, I just finished mine last week (thankfully).

Thanks. :x And yes, exams are yucky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back