• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
    Years
    I am in my early twenties and have already experienced...and survivied...a mentally, physically, and emotionally abusive marriage. I almost died. In my case I removed myself from the situation once I realized I deserved better. Thats the problem with mental and emotional abuse. It sets you up to accept physical abuse because you dont feel like you deserve better.
    NOT TRUE!!! Family therapy could be the answer. Regardless of your wanting to not be seperated from your family you should tell someone with authority. Even if it is just your family doctor. I recommend state suthority though. If you are over ten they wont take you from your home and as long as your siblings are safe they wont be either.
    The authorities will just be there when you need them and will provide the resources necessary to mending your family.
    I am now married to the most wonderful man in the whole world. Life can only get better. Your parents will not always be in charge. But you will. Be in charge of yourself and give yourself the chance to know what life really is all about.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I have never understood what makes people act like that.

Eh, different people, different circumstances?

@OP
    You're twelve. Things seem bad, but they will get better. Have patience, and if you really are being abused mentally and physically, then I suggest contacting authorities or someone who can help you. Suicide will solve absolutely nothing. Your nature is brave, ja? So go out there and get help, for your own safety. :<

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Amira,

The fact that you've asked for help is a big sign that you really want to live. You may not feel like that right now, but seeking help and seeking for alternatives to ending your life is another way of saying "I don't want to do this." I had an abusive parent that nearly drove me to suicide once. My father threatened any small disobedience with killing my pets, burning down the house, killing my mom, and many other horrible things, even up through the time that I graduated high school. He was a very mean man and I thought I would be trapped with him forever. He wasn't even going to let me go to college, which was the thing I wanted more than anything else in my life. I began to wonder if life was even worth living anymore, and was miserable every day. I thought about doing violence to myself.

But do you know what I did instead? I did the very most frightening, but also the very best thing I ever did--I defied him, told him I was going to college, and no matter how much he threatened me, I decided that my life could only get better if I got my way, and I endured until I realized my dream and went to college. I realize that you're much younger and don't have the way out that I did. That's extremely difficult, and I have all the respect in the world for you for being able to endure the mental and physical abuse of your parents for as long as you have. They sound like very bad people. Sadly, as I know, not all of us get to have parents that treat us the way that we should. You're young and don't have the power to rebel against them now, but someday you'll be a little older and can live your own life. It's a life that is 100% guaranteed to you unless you take it away from yourself, and then you have no future at all. We sometimes have to suffer now to enjoy a greater reward later, and if you're asking us for advice, I know that you want that greater reward. My dad was extremely mean to me and I thought I'd never escape him, but here I am after all this time leading a happier life than I ever imagined was possible for someone like me.

Parting from people you love is always painful. I know that this is why you're afraid to get in touch with people that may be able to get you out of your situation like Child Protective Services. If you want to see the advice of people who are concerned for you before making trying to seek help, talk to a teacher, your friends' parents, a minister, or anyone else in the community that you trust and respect. Just like defying my dad was the scariest thing I ever did and it hurt for a while, you may have to temporarily part from siblings and friends for a little while, although Child Protective Services doesn't always work that way. However, hurting yourself means never seeing anyone that you care about ever again, while seeking help ensures that they'll still be your friends and loved ones when the situation you're in is finally over. The people you're afraid to be without are the ones that care enough about you that they'd never want you to have anything less than the happy life you wish for yourself. People that care for you will always understand.

I'm Chairman Kaga, I've been where you are, and I care for you. You can always feel comfortable talking about your frustrations and problems here, and I'll always be happy to provide whatever thoughts I can for you.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Okay so I kind of like this guy at school.

Problem? We've never spoken and he's a year below me.

How can I...iunno, like introduce myself?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'm a guy and go to an all male school.

Sorry, should of mentioned that part.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    An Health Issue

I have a health problem. I went down from 130 pounds to 100 pounds within 2 months. And I eat and laze around like a pig. So I shouldn't be losing this much weight, that quickly. I think I may have an eating disorder. But I'm not sure which one I have. My height is 5" 2" and I am 26 years old, so I should be between 115 and 120, but I'm not. Anyone have any idea what to tell me? Should I go to see a doctor? I don't have one.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Jubilation said:
    I'm a guy and go to an all male school.

Sorry, should of mentioned that part.

Well first things first,

+ Don't be introverted and shy; confidence is gold to begin any type of relationship and the ability to communicate feelings and opinions are amazing to have because it will cause them to understand you better, thus becoming more comfortable with you.

+ Once you get to know him better, make sure the guy isn't heterosexual and/or homophobic. Nothing's more embarrassing then to know that you put all this work for a romantic relationship and the guy is physically and mentally incapable of sharing those same feelings. Especially if they're homophobic in addition to this.
    If he is heterosexual and non-homophobic, then focus on a friendship. You already like the guy's personality and this provides a win-win situation frame in mind. And don't get all depressed about it and silently resent him for being born to like girls.

+ If you make it this far, my good chap, and your decent friends and he's bisexual/homosexual, is he interested?
    Remember, even if you have in common a sexual attraction of the male side of our species, if he's not interested, it's not gonna work out my friend. Oh well. Try for a friendship!
    This requires very subtle hints or your feelings and reading of his body language. If lady luck smiles on you, and he likes you back, congratulations! Ask him for dinner and/or a movie sometime; or whatever suits yours and his perticular interest. If he's not into your romance, then aim for the friend option.

And so, follow this will lead you and you will end up with one of these scenarios:

Heterosexual/homophobic - Back off; he's not gonna like you sexually and he's never going to fully accept you unless he changes opinions and view later on, which might take up to years after you two have graduated and seen each other. So what's the point?

Heterosexual/not homophobic - Friendship.

Homosexual or Bisexual/not interested - Friendship.

Homosexual or Bisexual/interested - Boyfriend.

And if you just know he's in the closet, but won't admit it to himself, go for the Heterosexual/not homophibic option. Nothing is more awesome then a friend who understands and can help! But if homophobia reigns in his mind, go with the Heterosexual/homophobic scenario.

So there, a 25% margin of total failure, 50% margin for friendship, and 25% margin for a relationship.

And one more note to this WALL of a post: Don't break yourself over someone. I've been there and done that, and I was an emotional wreck for a period of time. Don't get too into it unless that last 25% margin is in play.

Konekodemon said:
    I have a health problem. I went down from 130 pounds to 100 pounds within 2 months. And I eat and laze around like a pig. So I shouldn't be losing this much weight, that quickly. I think I may have an eating disorder. But I'm not sure which one I have. My height is 5" 2" and I am 26 years old, so I should be between 115 and 120, but I'm not. Anyone have any idea what to tell me? Should I go to see a doctor? I don't have one.

Definately see a doctor or professional, eating disorders are very hard to recognize in someone whose affected by them. Losing 30 pounds without the help of exercise or diet regimes is very dangerous.
    Or you might have an overactive enzyme, metabolism, etc.
    My friend also has a lot of trouble gaining weight and she's actually losing some (even though she's a self-proclaimed lazy bum and eats entire loaves of bread for lunch) and I believe she said it's caused by something overacting in her digestive system. Definately check it out.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I've been in a somewhat similar state as you, actually. I think for the time being, you should just be happy for him, you know? Just keep living your everyday life. It might be hard at first, with the pain being there and all, but eventually it will just fade off your mind. Don't show depression in front of others, that might be blunt, but it will only make you feel worse. Just try to keep your mind of him as much as you can, and try to be normal. If you've got anymore questions, just ask. I know how you feel, so yeah.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
    Ok, I've pass by this thread quite a few times and never really thought much of it. I have a boat load of problems and I have no ide how to handle them. So here we go.

1.) One of my best friends is having relationship issues. By issues, I mean this is seriously bad. This guy put her in the hospital a few months ago for 3 weeks. I was sleeping when my phone went off. My friend was being abused by her boyfriend, and was hysterical. After deciphering her hysteria, I jumped out of bed (In my pajamas which were sweat pants and an old grey hoodie from my first boyfriend that he never asked for), got my keys, put on my shoes and drove down to where she was. Well, now that she's in school, he's been stalking her and asking her out. He can make you believe that cows can fly. She isn't sure about what she wants, and I don't want to go through the hospital thing again.

2.) My bus driver doesn't do anything about the kids behaivour on the afternoon bus. These kids swear, fight, basically beat the crap out of each other. The only people who actually do anything are myself and my best friend (from issue number 1). I've been punched, bitten, sworn at, kicked, stabbed with a pencil, hit with a notebook a few times. There are 5 little kids, all girls in kindergarten. This 6th grader and 4th grader are constantly beating them up. They all come running off the bus when I'm walking out of school and tackle hug me. They call me Aunt Angel since I'm the one who protects them. What can I do?

3.) Love life. Worst possible issue I have. I have a horrible love life. 3 ex boyfriends. 1st one cheated on me with my cousin, 2nd one left me because he was gay, 3rd one left because he moved to NC and got engaged. They all broke up with me on Valentine's Day too. 1st one has been stalking me lately, and I've already gotten police involved. Trouble is, they can't find him. No one can. I am depressed as all crap and have no idea how to handle anything anymore. I want to lock myself in my room and never come out.

Possible help please? Before I go anymore insane than school has made me would be lovely. Thank you. Sorry if it was rant-like, just needed to let it out.

Years
    Ok, I've pass by this thread quite a few times and never really thought much of it. I have a boat load of problems and I have no ide how to handle them. So here we go.

1.) One of my best friends is having relationship issues. By issues, I mean this is seriously bad. This guy put her in the hospital a few months ago for 3 weeks. I was sleeping when my phone went off. My friend was being abused by her boyfriend, and was hysterical. After deciphering her hysteria, I jumped out of bed (In my pajamas which were sweat pants and an old grey hoodie from my first boyfriend that he never asked for), got my keys, put on my shoes and drove down to where she was. Well, now that she's in school, he's been stalking her and asking her out. He can make you believe that cows can fly. She isn't sure about what she wants, and I don't want to go through the hospital thing again.

2.) My bus driver doesn't do anything about the kids behaivour on the afternoon bus. These kids swear, fight, basically beat the crap out of each other. The only people who actually do anything are myself and my best friend (from issue number 1). I've been punched, bitten, sworn at, kicked, stabbed with a pencil, hit with a notebook a few times. There are 5 little kids, all girls in kindergarten. This 6th grader and 4th grader are constantly beating them up. They all come running off the bus when I'm walking out of school and tackle hug me. They call me Aunt Angel since I'm the one who protects them. What can I do?

3.) Love life. Worst possible issue I have. I have a horrible love life. 3 ex boyfriends. 1st one cheated on me with my cousin, 2nd one left me because he was gay, 3rd one left because he moved to NC and got engaged. They all broke up with me on Valentine's Day too. 1st one has been stalking me lately, and I've already gotten police involved. Trouble is, they can't find him. No one can. I am depressed as all crap and have no idea how to handle anything anymore. I want to lock myself in my room and never come out.

Possible help please? Before I go anymore insane than school has made me would be lovely. Thank you. Sorry if it was rant-like, just needed to let it out.
    If you haven't already tried to convince your friend to get the police involved then you really should. I imagine they might have already been if she had to go to the hospital though. If he hurt her once he'll do it again. Try to get that through to her as best you can. She needs to see that whatever charm he has that's confusing her is just charm and that underneath he's a monster.

Tell someone at your school like a teacher or even one of the people who work in the office about the bus driver and the two kids and what you've seen and what's happened to you. If you see it happening again then tell the bus driver it's happening. There's probably some kind of rule that says the driver has to do something about it, but maybe not. In any case, you can tell a teacher or whoever that you tried to tell the driver.

The situation with your stalker ex doesn't sound great, but try not to let it take over your thoughts too much. You've gone to the police, which is good, and as long as you're generally safe (locking doors at home, not walking into dark alleys at night) then you'll be fine.

If life seems overwhelming then just take things one at a time. Take them slowly. Don't think about ex boyfriends because they weren't the right ones for you anyway. Talk with your friends about everything, or just talk to them about anything since being with friends helps a lot.

Years
    Hmm... this is something that I've always just ignored, but it really is annoying... my parents have the worst image of me in their heads, while I'm like a freaking saint or something. (Epic exaggeration is epic.) But yeah, I always do my best to be a good person, and I think I do a pretty good job of it.

Still, they have this really negative view of me. Any ideas on how to change that? I don't want to just come out and say what I'm thinking, and there's literally no way to demonstrate it through my actions, since I'm already doing everything right afaik.

(Yay 1st post!)

I say surprise them. Do a good deed for a random stranger in your town; something your parents would never expect you to do. I don't how your relationship is with them, but I don't think anybody could ignore somebody who's at least trying to get them to like him...

I hardly know my dad...if that helps any.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years

1) Make sure that boy stays away from her. The relationship will never work out, especially if she's 'wondering' if she wants to get back together with him. This will only lead to more problems. The boy seems dangerous, actually, especially due to that hospital thing; so really, he could do much worse things to your friend if she's not careful. If he keeps on stalking her I'd suggest ignoring him as much as possible. IDK if you want to go to a higher authority or not.

2) I understand how that is. All you have to do is talk to him, and list several examples of what is happening on the bus while he isn't looking. If he has a heart he'll do something about it. Otherwise, talk to a principle and they'll work something out with the bus driver if he likes it or not. Sounds like the kids at your school have a bunch of issues.... sadly, if they're so vulgar there is little to no way you can get through to warped minds like that. That's why you have to get the situation worked out as soon as possible.

3) Wow, I'm sorry about that. Your really young, too. Maybe love won't come right now, but it will in the future. Things won't work out right away even if it seems to be working for other people. I'm sure you know that already, but I'd suggest going a little slower. The police will deal with that one boy for you. As for the rest of the people, ignore them, since they weren't for you anyways. When you find love you'll know its love. That's all I can say. But one things for sure; you can't lock yourself in your room, since then you won't be able to find them. So all I can say is to keep searching for your man, and try to overlook the obstacles.

Hope that helps a little. My advice isn't really great, sorry. XD
    Wow this is a depressing thread. <3 I think I'm going to like it here :'3

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011

I'm going to respond rationally and you may not like the responses, but please listen because it's always important not to lose your head when things get serious.

1) You must get BOTH of them to councelling. Her because I'm confused as to why she is still with him and to help her get through emotional trauma and him because... he's stupid.

You may begin this by going to a GP and work your way up from there. Going to the police, as a poster said beforehand, may be a good way to deal with it, but it may put strain on your relationship with your friend and you do not want to risk that unless it really is that bad. I'm not sure about the exact situation so I can't say much, but you'll want to only go to the police if you feel that your friend is not capable of making good decisions. Before going to the police however, you'd want to go to her parents and talk to them because they're going to find out eventually, it's better they know sooner than later.

2) Talk to your teachers, talk to the guys that are beating the kids up. Other than that, there isn't much you can do.

3) Stuff relationships. I know this is hard, but try to learn to be happy without being in a relationship. I know society puts a load on how important relationships are but they are simply a means to happiness. If you can be happy without being in a relationship, then there is no point in pursuing one until a good one comes to you.

I think you should also get some councelling. Since you're feeling depressed, you shouldn't let it go any further. If you don't want to go councelling, talk to people you are close to. If you are uncomfortable with letting it all out at once, then hint it, let it out in segments. Preferably a woman (I don't know if youre a man or a woman, but regardless, men seem to not give a crap compared to women, and this is coming from a man). Try to make the person you're talking to a friend in real life and not someone over the internet. Though it can seem like a good friendship, internet relationships can't really be trusted as you don't know who you are actually talking to, what they're actually like and so on.

PM me if you'd like to talk about it, but it would be much wiser to find a close, trusted friend whom you can talk to in person.

PS: I would also like to add that Scarf and sweetdreams have excellent advice on your situation.

My Problem (WARNING: Suggestive language used, as media dubs it, "Parental Guidance reccomended)

I'm broken from my relationship with my ex-girlfriend. It was buried nice and deep and I really thought I was over her from a month or so after the break up till a few months ago (Um, we broke up September 2009). And now, I can't seem to trust myself with other women. I'm very careful with my actions, but sometimes it slips and this girl that I was crushing on, I told her that I like her. AND now, she's completely whipped over me and I'm still just kinda crushing on her. I'm not doing anything with her, but I don't want to hurt her. I think with gentle direction away from me, she'll realise I'm not the right guy for her, but on matters with my ex-girlfriend, I'm just confused.
    We did stuff under the covers when we were going out, but since we broke up, I haven't been able to do it with anyone else. I go to clubs thinking, "doesn't matter if nothing happens, but if it does, meh I'm good with it" but I chicken out. My ex, however, has a boyfriend that she rebounded to, and ended up "falling in love" with. They've done everything if you get my drift. Surprise surprise however, I'm very critical of their relationship because I know how she is and it's put me off from the idea of love, at-least, for her. It's just lusting. However, for me, I really do love her but I know I can't do anything until atleast next year when she finished year 12 and her boyfriend goes to year 12 (HSC - sorta like the AP in america or VCE in melbourne, puts a large strain on relationships) and that is when I'll have any chance with her. As sinister and unfitting of me it is, it's my only option.
    I'm not sure about anything when it comes to relationships now and I've hurt too many people over her on a subconsious level.

Mentally, I'm fine, but emotionally, I'm not sure at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    My Problem (WARNING: Suggestive language used, as media dubs it, "Parental Guidance reccomended)

I'm broken from my relationship with my ex-girlfriend. It was buried nice and deep and I really thought I was over her from a month or so after the break up till a few months ago (Um, we broke up September 2009). And now, I can't seem to trust myself with other women. I'm very careful with my actions, but sometimes it slips and this girl that I was crushing on, I told her that I like her. AND now, she's completely whipped over me and I'm still just kinda crushing on her. I'm not doing anything with her, but I don't want to hurt her. I think with gentle direction away from me, she'll realise I'm not the right guy for her, but on matters with my ex-girlfriend, I'm just confused.
    We did stuff under the covers when we were going out, but since we broke up, I haven't been able to do it with anyone else. I go to clubs thinking, "doesn't matter if nothing happens, but if it does, meh I'm good with it" but I chicken out. My ex, however, has a boyfriend that she rebounded to, and ended up "falling in love" with. They've done everything if you get my drift. Surprise surprise however, I'm very critical of their relationship because I know how she is and it's put me off from the idea of love, at-least, for her. It's just lusting. However, for me, I really do love her but I know I can't do anything until atleast next year when she finished year 12 and her boyfriend goes to year 12 (HSC - sorta like the AP in america or VCE in melbourne, puts a large strain on relationships) and that is when I'll have any chance with her. As sinister and unfitting of me it is, it's my only option.
    I'm not sure about anything when it comes to relationships now and I've hurt too many people over her on a subconsious level.

Mentally, I'm fine, but emotionally, I'm not sure at all.
    So you're still feeling for your ex even though she's moved on and you don't like the guy she's with? Well, that's kind of normal really. You're a little jealous and that's understandable, but I'm a little worried. Am I correct in reading that you and your ex broke up in 2009 and soon after she got with her current boyfriend? If so then that means they've been together for well over a year. I think you have to accept that maybe they have a good thing going and that you shouldn't hold out hope that they'll separate. It also seems a little unreasonable to assume that she'll want to get back together with you. I don't want to be harsh when I say that, but you haven't really said anything that would make me believe she would want to other than you'd want her to. Again, I don't want to be harsh and I might be reading this situation wrong, but once you break up with someone you really should try not to think about trying to get back together or assume it's still possible, especially after this much time has passed.

And that's another thing, if you have a crush on someone else then why are you focused on your ex this much? (I'm just assuming you are) Why not try things out with this other girl if she's so keen on you. I mean, you say that you're not right for her, but have you tried doing things together, going on a date, seeing if you have things in common? I don't want to advocate you trying for a belated rebound relationship, but from what you posted I get the feeling that you need something else to focus on. I dunno, maybe just focusing on your hobbies would be a good idea.

In any case, I'll recommend one of my good-in-most-situations pieces of advice: spend time with friends. They'll give you things to do, things to think about, and company. Friends help keep you grounded and give you an emotional outlet. Not as in a shoulder to cry on (although they can be if you really need that), but as people you can have fun with and show kindness to without worrying about how they'll react or how it will change their relationship to you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Spoiler:

Ah, no i'm fine on the social aspect. (: The girl that I'm crushing on is in my group so I am spending due time with her and probably some extra time here and there. I'm just not feeling much.

I understand the importance of friends (I'm relatively rational), and to be honest, my ex isnt on my mind all the time, it's just that when she does enter my mind from a small crack in the plaster, I'm just like -fml- and instead of finishing that one cig that I was gonna have, I have like 5.

Years
    Ah, no i'm fine on the social aspect. (: The girl that I'm crushing on is in my group so I am spending due time with her and probably some extra time here and there. I'm just not feeling much.

I understand the importance of friends (I'm relatively rational), and to be honest, my ex isnt on my mind all the time, it's just that when she does enter my mind from a small crack in the plaster, I'm just like -fml- and instead of finishing that one cig that I was gonna have, I have like 5.
    Ah, I see. That almost sounds like you're kicking yourself, or blaming yourself for something that happened in the relationship. Just guessing. If that's the case then, well, just tell yourself it's in the past, people make mistakes, and the important thing is to learn from them and not do them again. And to forgive yourself since we all make mistakes.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
    This is a huge problem to me! This sounds stupid, but I just spilled koolaid on one of my Wiimotes! What do I do?
    I got the batteries out, dried it, and if it helps, it was in the wiimote jacket when it happened, and It took me 10 seconds to dry and other stuff, and I looked all over the internet on what to do.
    Is the sugar going to screw up the wiimote or will it be OK?
    And buy a new isnt an option, because I'm broke. Literally broke.
    And if this is the wrong forum, sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back