• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    School - Skipping

What is exactly considered skipping?

I'm in grade eight, and currently I am having...Uh, toilet problems.

Anyways, my mom is at work and my 11-year-old sister went to school

HOWEVER. My mom locked our home phone in her room, so I cannot contact her to tell her I am sick. Is this considered skipping because I don't have my parents' permission?

Of course, I will go to school in the afternoon since I want to attend this Romeo & Juilet play our class is doing...

Years
    No. Skipping school is normally defined when a student does not want to go to school, and there is nothing stopping them from going, but they don't go.

Best thing for you to do is to talk to whoever is in charge when you get there. Sectary, Head of your year, so on and tell them that you are sorry you couldn't attend the morning, but you had a problem and just explain it to them. Include how you weren't able to contact them and everything should be alright!​

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    What is exactly considered skipping?

I'm in grade eight, and currently I am having...Uh, toilet problems.

Anyways, my mom is at work and my 11-year-old sister went to school

HOWEVER. My mom locked our home phone in her room, so I cannot contact her to tell her I am sick. Is this considered skipping because I don't have my parents' permission?

Of course, I will go to school in the afternoon since I want to attend this Romeo & Juilet play our class is doing...

I just want to say you're not the only one with that problem. I have the same problem (only if I eat breakfast). I was considering going home and forging my mothers signature but instead go to the school toilets during class time (they tend to be deserted then).

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I actually seem to have a problem with this forum. (It doesn't happen on any other site/forum or offline.) It either seems like people criticize me for being negative, or too serious, or just generally a bad person. They'll just blurt out and say it; "You're always whining. Shut up" etc. (Heck does this post contribute to the whining?)
    Most of the time I feel like I'm not being negative just for pointing out that I don't agree with someone (I don't think I ever diss them) or I'm actually joking and being sarcastic and people seem to think I'm malicious.
    So sure, I try to type a little carefully. I try to use text emoticons to seem a little more lighthearted.. and then I get bashed for being "Too excited" and the like.

It's like a constant cycle of judgement and criticism here. I don't know whether to take this as "advice" to try to change the way I type or deliver things. Or if I should avoid even mentioning certain things altogether. Or should I continue typing whatever I want and not care what people think?
    I've been exploring the last option lately, but it's just started becoming unpleasant.

To be honest, it just feels like bullying and favoritism to me. Sometimes I wonder if I were to post around with someone else's username, if they would instantly treat me better because of prejudice and predispositions they have on people here. Part of me wonders if I should just lurk from now on (I've obviously been less active lately too) or if I should just not give a damn and continue the way I've been and just make friends who can see past the fact that I don't have to put "^_^" to know that I'm happy to replying to them and like them.

So what to do? Remain an inconvenience to talk to- but more accurate to what I truly want to say? Or change my style of typing and filtering whatever could offend anyone to try and be genuinely nicer while still maintaining my own values and thoughts?

Should I put on the overly friendly face? I feel like people do this so much for attention.. like it's an act. I just try to be myself on here- I don't force it. Just like I doubt you'd scream 'OH MY GOD HI!!" to a friend at school that you just saw the day before.. you'd say "Hey!" but it seems like "OH MY GOD HI" is the staple for the ol' "overly friendly internet girl that gets attention"
    So I dunno, in a way I feel like I have self respect to not put on that act.. but then at the same time it makes me feel crummy when people want to point out my personal flaws. Is it really necessary to be overly friendly just for someone to have a good impression of you? I didn't think so but it seems to be the case on here.

I just want to take it easy, and take things lightly, but it's proving difficult.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well Kura, I wouldn't say that at all. I think you're being a bit too frank or express your opinions a little to much.

I wouldn't say it's really your problem, you've been on this forum for 7 years so things have changed, people are more lax and a bit more irritated then they were a few years back, so...yeah. They probably think you're too rude or whatever because you're expressing your opinion a bit rude to them, but these days I think everyone is just a bunch of peace pansies. They don't know what they want anymore, and you violently make them judge themselves or feel bad that they want you to shut up.

Don't be nice, Kura. You're the last true, honest and competitive person. You remind me a lot like my mom! In a good way.

Just be yourself, but tone down just a little. Otherwise you'd be changing too much.

Years
    So what to do? Remain an inconvenience to talk to- but more accurate to what I truly want to say? Or change my style of typing and filtering whatever could offend anyone to try and be genuinely nicer while still maintaining my own values and thoughts?

I don't think you should have to change who you are or how you act for anybody. If they have a problem with how you do things, then forget them. What they think is insignificant. That goes for not offending anyone either, if someone gets offended by something you say, well let them get offended. But don't change for them.

Well Kura, I wouldn't say that at all. I think you're being a bit too frank or express your opinions a little to much.

I wouldn't say it's really your problem, you've been on this forum for 7 years so things have changed, people are more lax and a bit more irritated then they were a few years back, so...yeah. They probably think you're too rude or whatever because you're expressing your opinion a bit rude to them, but these days I think everyone is just a bunch of peace pansies. They don't know what they want anymore, and you violently make them judge themselves or feel bad that they want you to shut up.

Don't be nice, Kura. You're the last true, honest and competitive person. You remind me a lot like my mom! In a good way.

Just be yourself, but tone down just a little. Otherwise you'd be changing too much.

Or, just be yourself. This is a Pokemon forum. Who cares.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    It's good advice Livewire, it's basically what I'd suggest to others, but I dont know if it's applicable in my situation.. as in.. when you're in a classroom setting, you're not going to curse at the teacher, nor call him or her "Dawg" yet you still are acting yourself. I didn't use the classroom setting to say that I'm restricting myself, rather, just being more conscious of what I say.
    The point is.. should I? Or is there another alternative?

The thing is, most people would say "Be yourself" but then if I act myself, they'll gravitate towards someone with more ideal "expressions." Therefore making me feel like "myself" is inadequate. Like maybe there's just something a bit off. They gravitate towards someone more silly and fun.. and I can say that I like to be silly and fun, too, but most times the opportunity doesn't arise without me thinking that I would sound foolish or premature. At the same time.. people seem to.. like that? But I know I'm not a kid and I've stopped acting that way. I'm not going to degenerate into an old way of thinking to please others, but I know perhaps there is something I could be doing so that I don't always feel so distanced when I talk to members here.

We say things socially to connect and interact with people, so if others like that and are engaged, then what would be the reason not to do it? Because it's not 100% of what I want to say? Perhaps.
    Maybe they are offended on what I have to say because usually what I have to say brings out certain truths that make them uncomfortable, and then in return they will offend me by doing the same.
    What they think may be insignificant, but when so many think the same it starts to become significant and I wonder if it merits a change- being true or not.

I wonder if I should just accept social outcast as a norm and continue to be guarded with my thoughts and feelings with just about all individuals on here. Or if it's okay to show over-excitement to miniscule things so that I get my point across. (Instead of saying "wow that's cool" I'll say "Oh my! That's possibly the most incredible thing I've seen in a while!")

Heck, maybe I should "tone down" a little.. stop taking this thread so seriously right? That's what I expect to hear.. and technically what I've already heard "It's a Pokemon forum, who cares!" right? (I know you didn't mean it in a blowing it over sort of way don't worry, I'm just being sarcastic)

Wow.. this reply just got longer than I expected. Point is.. I'm still torn. I know it's important to be myself- and I think I've been through too much not to be myself. >_>
    Metaphorically speaking.... a person is still the same person if they get a makeover, right? I don't know if I want the makeover yet.. perhaps it's a good thing or perhaps it'd be a bad thing.. I have a feeling it depends on how many people rag on me for being "ugly", how long it takes for me to believe what they say, and how proud I feel to be the "ugly" person regardless.

Years
    It's good advice Livewire, it's basically what I'd suggest to others, but I dont know if it's applicable in my situation.. as in.. when you're in a classroom setting, you're not going to curse at the teacher, nor call him or her "Dawg" yet you still are acting yourself. I didn't use the classroom setting to say that I'm restricting myself, rather, just being more conscious of what I say.
    The point is.. should I? Or is there another alternative?

The thing is, most people would say "Be yourself" but then if I act myself, they'll gravitate towards someone with more ideal "expressions." Therefore making me feel like "myself" is inadequate. Like maybe there's just something a bit off. They gravitate towards someone more silly and fun.. and I can say that I like to be silly and fun, too, but most times the opportunity doesn't arise without me thinking that I would sound foolish or premature. At the same time.. people seem to.. like that? But I know I'm not a kid and I've stopped acting that way. I'm not going to degenerate into an old way of thinking to please others, but I know perhaps there is something I could be doing so that I don't always feel so distanced when I talk to members here.

We say things socially to connect and interact with people, so if others like that and are engaged, then what would be the reason not to do it? Because it's not 100% of what I want to say? Perhaps.
    Maybe they are offended on what I have to say because usually what I have to say brings out certain truths that make them uncomfortable, and then in return they will offend me by doing the same.
    What they think may be insignificant, but when so many think the same it starts to become significant and I wonder if it merits a change- being true or not.

I wonder if I should just accept social outcast as a norm and continue to be guarded with my thoughts and feelings with just about all individuals on here. Or if it's okay to show over-excitement to miniscule things so that I get my point across. (Instead of saying "wow that's cool" I'll say "Oh my! That's possibly the most incredible thing I've seen in a while!")

Heck, maybe I should "tone down" a little.. stop taking this thread so seriously right? That's what I expect to hear.. and technically what I've already heard "It's a Pokemon forum, who cares!" right? (I know you didn't mean it in a blowing it over sort of way don't worry, I'm just being sarcastic)

Wow.. this reply just got longer than I expected. Point is.. I'm still torn. I know it's important to be myself- and I think I've been through too much not to be myself. >_>
    Metaphorically speaking.... a person is still the same person if they get a makeover, right? I don't know if I want the makeover yet.. perhaps it's a good thing or perhaps it'd be a bad thing.. I have a feeling it depends on how many people rag on me for being "ugly", how long it takes for me to believe what they say, and how proud I feel to be the "ugly" person regardless.

Ahh ok.

I think you tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear, if that makes sense.

I think part of the problem is that emotion is not easily discerned on the internet, PC in particular. I think some people almost expect emoticons or smileys to show emotions on here, and when they don;t see them it throws them off.

And you certainly aren't ugly.

Years
    Kura!
    Don't change, stay as you are.
    If people don't like you, then they ain't worth your time; that is how I think when people don't like me.

Of you need me, my dear, I am here!​

Years
    Hey guys...I kind of have a problem, if you can call it like that.

I can't believe this is actually happening, but okay, let's start...

At my HS, there's this girl I really like. I've known her since first semester. She's smart, funny, can probably teach me Japanese, and is an overall good person. I haven't liked someone this much since my first crush.

But there's a catch, or a problem. She's lesbian, and she has a girlfriend.

So, I'm kind of torn up about this. I mean, I like her and everything, but at the same time she's in a completely different situation than me. Also, she's a Sophomore and I'm a Freshman!

What should I do? I mean, I can wait a year or something before, y'know...

Zet

Years
    If she's a lesbian then there's nothing you can do I'm afraid... unless it's a choice for girls then you might be able to get her attention somehow.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    If she has a girlfriend and she's happy, then leave her be. I understand that you really like her and want to be with her, but if you look at it from her end.. why would she drop her content lifestyle just to give you a chance? If you want to profess your love to her, there's nothing stopping you, but don't expect her to change.

Fabio: If it's not worth my time then I guess it could also imply that this site isn't worth my time... hmm..

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well, one of my friends faked his death in October and had everyone so scared. My dog died for real, though.

Years
    Hey guys...I kind of have a problem, if you can call it like that.

I can't believe this is actually happening, but okay, let's start...

At my HS, there's this girl I really like. I've known her since first semester. She's smart, funny, can probably teach me Japanese, and is an overall good person. I haven't liked someone this much since my first crush.

But there's a catch, or a problem. She's lesbian, and she has a girlfriend.

So, I'm kind of torn up about this. I mean, I like her and everything, but at the same time she's in a completely different situation than me. Also, she's a Sophomore and I'm a Freshman!

What should I do? I mean, I can wait a year or something before, y'know...

I am afraid, there isn't much you can really do. However, there is a chance that she is just going through a 'phase' that a lot of teenagers go through.

Just stay friends with her, be there if she needs you and so on. All you can do is just be a friend, but do not get your hopes up, because you just don't know.​

Fabio: If it's not worth my time then I guess it could also imply that this site isn't worth my time... hmm..

You could say that.
    Speaking from experience here. I use to be a disliked member, I am sure you can remember that! XD
    Not a lot of people liked me except a select few, because I only liked them. I had an attitude that everyone hated me and I didn't care.

But now, I do have people who I get on with and everything is much better now. Bottom line, things change, people change. I am not saying you have to change, because you are perfect the way you are. You are a smart, attractive woman with a kick ass skill for animation. I am just saying, if someone doesn't appreciate you for who you are, it isn't worth it getting hung up over it.​

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I feel kind of like a broken record because I've had a problem like this before.... But this one is a bit different....

There's a friend of mine... He clearly still has feeling for me, but all I hold for him is utter frustration... Actually maybe bordering on dislike. He has been notably rude lately, not so much towards me, but I've seen it towards others (others being close friends of mine)... He also tries shoving his beliefs down my throat and basically condemning whatever reasons I have NOT to believe what he does. I can't even talk about pokemon much with him anymore because his cocky attitude drives me to the point of apathy for the series as a whole. And now I can't even talk to him for very long on the grounds that when I do my anger bubbles and bubbles and prepares to burst out of me. He was so insistent on doing something with me (no matter how many times I said I didn't want to) that I had to lie to get out of it. And that just makes me feel guilty.

I don't know what I should do. Maybe tell him what frustrates me about him? Revoke our friendship? I really don't know.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ahhhhh, the problem of annoying friends/people we know. It is always a touchy subject.

Some advice that I would like to say to you. First off, if you do dislike this person, then why do you still hang around with them? Maybe it is out of your power. I have been in those situations before were one friend of a friend is there and you can't out of. All I did was suck it up and just put on a brave face for my other friends benefit.

However, since he seems to still like you, maybe you could try and distance yourself from him, since you have zero feelings for him. Sometimes, people just don't take hints very well, and they think that you might be playing hard to get, or just trying to make him chase you. Just try and lay off as much as possible, if that is what you want, and se if he actually stops being annoying.

If not, maybe a gentle reminder might go a long way...​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Oh I know that, but I'm just wondering what should I do? Tell her, hold in it, ignore it? I don't want this to haunt me for the rest of my life.

What do you want to do and what consequences do you think will arise from it? Is it really worth it? If you told her you loved her I don't think she'd change, but if you told her you loved her, would you change?
    If you didn't tell her you loved her, would you really regret it? Why would you regret it if you did?

These are things I can't answer for you..

Edit:
    I've made a decision to my earlier predicament.

To be honest, I don't want everyone to revere me for being "kind" if, to be kind, I would have to agree with everyone to gain that attention, or withhold my own words from you.
    I've decided I will not fall under that compliance stereotype. I'm not going to exploit that stereotype; I'm not going to sell myself out for status. And I respect myself too much to succumb to that.
    I don't give a turd if you dont like my opinion- I'm free to voice it anyways, and I will because I have that liberty.

I think a person who is honest and speaks their mind is a whole lot more respectable than one who doesn't.

I rather stand true to myself than have your acceptance.
    That's what I think is most important.

Thanks for your opinions, they were much appreciated.

Edit #2: Besides, a true test of kindness is what you do rather than what you say- I know for a fact not everyone on here is as kind as they, or others, say they are.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I think a person who is honest and speaks their mind is a whole lot more respectable than one who doesn't.

I rather stand true to myself than have your acceptance.
    That's what I think is most important.

Hit the nail on your head. Having friends means nothing if they don't accept you for who you truly are. Accomplishment is nothing if you don't stay true to yourself to do it. From what I've read here, you seem a lot like me in that respect. Just stay true to yourself, because eventually, you'll find someone(s) who do accept you for who you are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back