• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Power of the King [Code Geass Fan Club]

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Oh look, it's a Code Geass fanclub. Sign me up, I suppose.

As for the current discussion point:
    Spoiler:

Years

• But had he gone down the non-violent route, then Britannia would have just had him killed anyways, and they would have conquered everything. In the world that was so indentured in violence and hatred, it was the only path to take. I think in Code Geass, it's asking to choose between evils, Britannia or Lelouch, and it makes the "which evil is greater" point early on, I think Lelouch specifically mentions that in the first few episodes.
    I'll buy that. xD

But Lelouch is a genius! We've seen his strategies in action in the battlefield, he couldn't have thought of anything better than to have the whole world hate him in the end?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    But Lelouch is a genius! We've seen his strategies in action in the battlefield, he couldn't have thought of anything better than to have the whole world hate him in the end?
    Lelouch was driven mad by Nunnally's supposed death and the betrayal of the Black Knights. It's pretty hard to think rationally when you've been punted far past the despair event horizon.

Of course, how the Black Knights betrayed Lelouch was just plain bad writing. Again, nothing that happened after the nuking of Tokyo really made any sense.

As for Lelouch's leadership abilities, he may be a tactical genius and an expert at reading people's motives, but his management skills are just plain horrible. The Black Knights' command structure was severely flawed in that it was too centralized; without Lelouch to micromanage their every move, the Black Knights ceased to be a cohesive fighting force.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • Not necessarily. If you are able to understand all variables and calculate the effect of the factors which would have a significant influence on your strategy and adjust for the possibilities that might change the outcome, real-time tactics would do much. Realistically this isn't very probable, but Lelouch seems to have an superhuman skill to do so. (Without having serious mental problems, besides the whole "must massacre for world peace" part.)
    :P

Years

• Lelouch was driven mad by Nunnally's supposed death and the betrayal of the Black Knights. It's pretty hard to think rationally when you've been punted far past the despair event horizon.

Of course, how the Black Knights betrayed Lelouch was just plain bad writing. Again, nothing that happened after the nuking of Tokyo really made any sense.

As for Lelouch's leadership abilities, he may be a tactical genius and an expert at reading people's motives, but his management skills are just plain horrible. The Black Knights' command structure was severely flawed in that it was too centralized; without Lelouch to micromanage their every move, the Black Knights ceased to be a cohesive fighting force.

Exactly. Without Zero, the Black Kights were rabble, despite having some other assets like Rakshata and Tohdoh. And even they would be almost useless without a puppet master to tell them how to move and act.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Exactly. Without Zero, the Black Kights were rabble, despite having some other assets like Rakshata and Tohdoh. And even they would be almost useless without a puppet master to tell them how to move and act.
    Rakshata was definitely an invaluable asset to the Black Knights, but I still question Tohdoh's actual worth. If he was half as skilled a tactician as they said he was, he would have been able to salvage the first Black Rebellion in Lelouch's absence. The way I see it, he won at Itsukushima not by skill, but by a truly insane amount of luck.

Years

• Rakshata was definitely an invaluable asset to the Black Knights, but I still question Tohdoh's actual worth. If he was half as skilled a tactician as they said he was, he would have been able to salvage the first Black Rebellion in Lelouch's absence. The way I see it, he won at Itsukushima not by skill, but by a truly insane amount of luck.

I do too, I do think however at the time Tohdoh had more military support from Kyoto, and overall, Japan at the time still possesed a degree of military power and unity, enough to potentially hold Brittania off, only for a little while. But I'm certain a fluke determined that battle, and it happened to favor the Japanese at the time.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I do too, I do think however at the time Tohdoh had more military support from Kyoto, and overall, Japan at the time still possesed a degree of military power and unity, enough to potentially hold Brittania off, only for a little while. But I'm certain a fluke determined that battle, and it happened to favor the Japanese at the time.
    When your opponents are stupid enough to actually use mecha despite knowing full well their weaknesses, you'd have to be truly incompetent to lose to the likes of them. The Miracle of Itsukushima really was a miracle.

The 35mm autocannons on the Type 89 IFV and Type 87 SPAAG would be more than enough to mess up a Knightmare Frame in short order. Of course, the 120mm gun on the Type 90 would be overkill against any Knightmare. Helicopters like the AH-1S Cobra and AH-64D Apache Longbow are the bane of tanks and other armored vehicles; why would they be less effective against Knightmares? Artillery pieces, be they towed like the FH-70 or self-propelled like the Type 99 and M270 MLRS, would pulverize Knightmares just as well as they would anything else. Hell, even infantry with Panzerfaust 3s, Carl Gustav recoilless rifles, and Type 01 LMATs would utterly slaughter any Knightmare Frames on the ground; if confronted with Knightmare VTOLs or Float System-equipped Knightmares, all they need to do is get out a few Type 91 SAMs.

Again, the Japanese Army as a whole must have been truly incompetent to lose against an opponent that uses mecha.

Years
  • Count me in, Gee-no. Took me long enough to come back here and spin you down. Will participate in discussion later.

Welcome to the club, suuuzacoo.

I actually have another discussion topic to add:

Favorite Knightmare Frame.

Mine would have to be this:

Spoiler:

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I NEED to join that club !! >n<

Spoiler:

Like seriously...I didn't know there were a Code Geass FC !! ;A;

Years
  • I NEED to join that club !! >n<

Spoiler:

Like seriously...I didn't know there were a Code Geass FC !! ;A;

Welcome aboard! :D Yes, I had been meaning to make this for quite some time.

Now, has anybody heard about R3, the supposed new season? I've heard some scattered ideas, but I haven't seen any concrete proof of its existence yet.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years

• Welcome aboard! :D Yes, I had been meaning to make this for quite some time.

Now, has anybody heard about R3, the supposed new season? I've heard some scattered ideas, but I haven't seen any concrete proof of its existence yet.

Great idea ! >u<b

And yeah, but this

Spoiler:

Prevented me from wanting to watch it. xD
    So I personnaly don't think I am going to watch it. Ever.
    Unless Lelouch is the main character again. xD

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

• Now, has anybody heard about R3, the supposed new season? I've heard some scattered ideas, but I haven't seen any concrete proof of its existence yet.
    Yeah there are rumors... just like SE mentioned there won't be Lelouch as main char but some new dude with mechanical arm.
    It's going to be 3 or more years after R2 =)
    That's what I've seen.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    That's not a promotion for a third season, that's a promotion for the prequel manga Renya of Darkness, which began publication last year. Seriously, it's VERY old news. Besides, the closest we're ever going to get to a third season is going to be that Akito of the Ruined Land side story. Again, that's also old news. Really, would it kill any of you to do some actual research before jumping the gun on speculation?

Back