• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Power of the King [Code Geass Fan Club]

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
  • That's not a promotion for a third season, that's a promotion for the prequel manga Renya of Darkness, which began publication last year. Seriously, it's VERY old news. Besides, the closest we're ever going to get to a third season is going to be that Akito of the Ruined Land side story. Again, that's also old news. Really, would it kill any of you to do some actual research before jumping the gun on speculation?

Well sorry, but I actually did research when Live posted about R3. And found many many rumors, all being quite confusing. I might just have visited the wrong sites, however, I still think R2 doesn't need a sequel. :C

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Hello, could I join? Finished Geass only abt two months ago.

For those who have finished the series, did you feel that Lelouch's actions were justified? Was it worth it, in the end?, all the people who died over the course of the series?

Spoiler:

Who is your favorite character and why?
    Spoiler:

Favorite Knightmare Frame and why?
    Spoiler:

Btw, I saw that you people were discussing R3. It is coming out. Confirmation:
    I think its set in Europe. A group of Japanese soldiers are going in and have only a 10% success rate or something. Some more videos:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Hello, could I join? Finished Geass only abt two months ago.

For those who have finished the series, did you feel that Lelouch's actions were justified? Was it worth it, in the end?, all the people who died over the course of the series?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Btw, I saw that you people were discussing R3. It is coming out. Confirmation:
    I think its set in Europe. A group of Japanese soldiers are going in and have only a 10% success rate or something. Some more videos:
    Spoiler:

OH.

MY.

GOD.

I do sincerely hope all of that is true. That sounds amazing, to be honest. I still would like confirmation first. /goes to dig around

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • A bit late but:
    Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. Eight Elements (Guren Seiten Hakkyokushiki lit. Crimson Lotus Heavenly Eight Extremities Type)
    I mean, its awesome.
    Wiki on Guren

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    If any of you grots bothered to read my earlier rant about the incompetence of the Japanese Army in Code Geass, it should be readily apparent that I don't like Knightmare Frames very much. If you're going to apply all these technological advances (Yggdrasil Drives, Blaze Luminous and Radiant Wave shields, VARIS rifles, hadron guns, et cetera) to mere mecha, why not also apply them to tanks and aircraft as well?

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • Yes, I did read that and do not entirely agree with it. Its true that "conventional" machines can damage quite a bit on KF, but keeping the fictional part in mind, Brittania would not replace tanks and choppers with KF if they were so easily to destroy. Not to mention that Brittania already conquered a good part of the world and was on the winning hand in the battle with the rest (I think, it been a while back since I saw it).
    You said: "If you're going to apply all these technological advances (Yggdrasil Drives, Blaze Luminous and Radiant Wave shields, VARIS rifles, hadron guns, et cetera) to mere mecha, why not also apply them to tanks and aircraft as well?"
    They current KF were either successors of the conventional machines or were simply better in order for KF to replace them. That is usually how it works. Furthermore, the KF are way more versatile, agile, powerful and only need one man to pilot.
    If I am not mistaken, the KF came to be after researching airplane escape pods. They wanted to give escape pods legs to get a way quickly after ejecting and after that even arm them and such. For some reason it appeared to be effective enough.

Years
  • Favorite Knighmare?
    Shinkiro. It's knightmare of king. It has absolute defense and it can pwn everything with Hadron Cannon.

Shinkiro is one of the best designed Knightmares as well. It just looks really cool with the black/gold color scheme, and in japanese it means 'Mirage'. Pretty cool. ^o^

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The Shinkiro may look aesthetically pleasing, but it's horribly flawed as an actual combat weapon. The Absolute Defense Territory system is unnecessarily complex to operate and cannot stand up to sustained attacks. The Zero Beam, while certainly a powerful weapon, requires that the shield be dropped before it can be used and needs an extremely fragile prism in order to be useful at long range. Without the Zero Beam, the Shinkiro is woefully underarmed, with only a pair of wrist-mounted light hadron guns for its backup armament; it has absolutely no way to defend itself against close-range attacks, as ultimately demonstrated when the Tristan Divider chopped it up into tiny pieces.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • in conclusion, Jack here would kick Lulu's ass any day.

seriously tho, i might not have analyzed every situation and all warfare machinery, but with your.. um, rebuttals it seems the entire anime was bull anyway .
    while i thought it was all quite clever. well, of course KFs and the like aren't exactly what you'd call realistic, but you can't disagree they're all some kind of awesome. XD;

sigh. can't argue with you though.
    need to rewatch first, do my share of research XD;

Years
  • in conclusion, Jack here would kick Lulu's ass any day.

seriously tho, i might not have analyzed every situation and all warfare machinery, but with your.. um, rebuttals it seems the entire anime was bull anyway .
    while i thought it was all quite clever. well, of course KFs and the like aren't exactly what you'd call realistic, but you can't disagree they're all some kind of awesome. XD;

sigh. can't argue with you though.
    need to rewatch first, do my share of research XD;

Ignore him, much like everyone else does.

rza-10js.jpg
    rza-1a.jpg

I actually have come to love the Percival and the Galahad designs. Percivals' design and weaponry are very fitting of Lord Bradley, being the sick masochistic sociopath he is. I expected a bit more of Bismark, given his Geass, to be honest. But then again, I blame the production crew for Suzaku's gross 'power creep'. He annihilated half of the Knights of the Round, easily, including Bismark. :/

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Ignore him, much like everyone else does.

rza-10js.jpg
    rza-1a.jpg

I actually have come to love the Percival and the Galahad designs. Percivals' design and weaponry are very fitting of Lord Bradley, being the sick masochistic sociopath he is. I expected a bit more of Bismark, given his Geass, to be honest. But then again, I blame the production crew for Suzaku's gross 'power creep'. He annihilated half of the Knights of the Round, easily, including Bismark. :/
    The Percival's design actually amuses me considerably, considering that its primary weapon is an energy drill. In that respect, it's basically the closest thing in the Code Geass universe to Gurren Lagann. Also, don't you mean "sadistic"? Luciano Bradley loves to dish out the pain, but he doesn't particularly like being on the receiving end of it, judging from his panicked reactions when Kallen thoroughly kicked his ass.

As for the Galahad, they basically took the Gawain, gutted it of all the equipment that made it a worthwhile combat unit (the Druid System, the dual hadron cannons, and the Gefjun Disturber), and slapped on an impractically large sword. No wonder Bismarck got his ass handed to him by Suzaku; not even a Geass that gives him precognition could make up for an underarmed and outdated Knightmare. Also, the tropes you're looking for are actually Can't Catch Up, Lensman Arms Race, and Villain Decay; Power Creep explicitly applies only to video game weapons.

While I'm at it, at least you and I can agree that the Knights of the Round who weren't Suzaku, Anya, or Luciano all got shafted something fierce. Gino Weinberg, Bismarck Waldstein, Monica Kruszewski, and Dorothea Ernst are the poster people for wasted character potential in the entire franchise; Monica and Dorothea in particular got the shortest end of the stick, seeing as they didn't even get custom Knightmares. Poor Nonnette Enneagram didn't even get to appear in the anime apart from a single cameo, though she was a rather important character in one of the video games.

Years

• The Percival's design actually amuses me considerably, considering that its primary weapon is an energy drill. In that respect, it's basically the closest thing in the Code Geass universe to Gurren Lagann. Also, don't you mean "sadistic"? Luciano Bradley loves to dish out the pain, but he doesn't particularly like being on the receiving end of it, judging from his panicked reactions when Kallen thoroughly kicked his ass.

As for the Galahad, they basically took the Gawain, gutted it of all the equipment that made it a worthwhile combat unit (the Druid System, the dual hadron cannons, and the Gefjun Disturber), and slapped on an impractically large sword. No wonder Bismarck got his ass handed to him by Suzaku; not even a Geass that gives him precognition could make up for an underarmed and outdated Knightmare. Also, the tropes you're looking for are actually Can't Catch Up, Lensman Arms Race, and Villain Decay; Power Creep explicitly applies only to video game weapons.

While I'm at it, at least you and I can agree that the Knights of the Round who weren't Suzaku, Anya, or Luciano all got shafted something fierce. Gino Weinberg, Bismarck Waldstein, Monica Kruszewski, and Dorothea Ernst are the poster people for wasted character potential in the entire franchise; Monica and Dorothea in particular got the shortest end of the stick, seeing as they didn't even get custom Knightmares. Poor Nonnette Enneagram didn't even get to appear in the anime apart from a single cameo, though she was a rather important character in one of the video games.

The elite soldiers of the empire, well, aren't that elite. I agree, I wish more detail was assigned to the Knights you mentioned. While Gino is my favorite, I think the female knights in particular deserved a bit more air time, (Along with a less lobotomized Anya) and I would have liked to have seen an encounter between either Monica, Nonnette and Dorethea with the illustrious Ms. Kallen Kozuki.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The elite soldiers of the empire, well, aren't that elite. I agree, I wish more detail was assigned to the Knights you mentioned. While Gino is my favorite, I think the female knights in particular deserved a bit more air time, (Along with a less lobotomized Anya) and I would have liked to have seen an encounter between either Monica, Nonnette and Dorethea with the illustrious Ms. Kallen Kozuki.
    To be honest, I both hate and pity Gino. I hate him because I think he's a complete and utter twit, and I pity him because the writers never gave him the positive character development he so desperately needed. As for Anya, I also agree that it wouldn't have hurt to have made her even slightly less brain-dead. A four-on-one fight with Anya, Monica, Dorothea, and Nonnette versus Kallen would have truly been a crowning moment of awesome, but knowing just how utterly overpowered the Guren SEITEN is, it probably would have had the same outcome as the Guren SEITEN's debut against the Valkryie Squadron during the Second Battle of Tokyo.

Come to mention it, there's another set of utterly wasted characters right there. I find myself agreeing with the comments on this pic at Danbooru; Marika Soresi and Liliana Vergamon definitely needed just as much love and attention as Monica, Dorothea, and Nonnette.

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • Code Geass is ungodly awesome. I'll be joining.

As for the discussions points:

Some of his actions were, others weren't. That's one of the things I find most interesting about him as a character. He's very complex, and isn't a straightforward evil or good type.

Lelouch and C.C. are both incredibly complex. The others aren't particularly interesting, 'cept maybe Suzaku and Schneizel.

Shinkirou. Always been a fan of the "type-really-fast-to-win" mechas.

Years
  • Code Geass is ungodly awesome. I'll be joining.

As for the discussions points:

Some of his actions were, others weren't. That's one of the things I find most interesting about him as a character. He's very complex, and isn't a straightforward evil or good type.

Lelouch and C.C. are both incredibly complex. The others aren't particularly interesting, 'cept maybe Suzaku and Schneizel.

Shinkirou. Always been a fan of the "type-really-fast-to-win" mechas.

Hi! welcome!

As far as I see it, Lelouch is fighting evil with evil. Yes, he killed many people, and spilled blood wherever he went. He also rid the world of the Britanian Empire and all the evil they did to the world. So it's up to individual interpretation.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • Hello there, I would love to join! I watched Code Geass when it first aired in Japan, and it will always be on my top 10 anime list.

In the first season, it was definitely Suzaku. I liked his fighting style, and thought his whole dedication to protecting Euphie was admirable. In the second season though, Kallen gradually became my favorite. I love how loyal she is, and she had some pretty awesome scenes in the last few episodes.

Lancelot Frontier, because it had the best design and color scheme, IMO. ;D I enjoy seeing most of C.C.'s mechs, because though they are sometimes inferior, they are very unique and still put up a good fight.

And just for old times:

Spoiler:

EPIC SUBTITLES!!!

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    And just for old times:

Spoiler:

EPIC SUBTITLES!!!
    While we're on the topic of idiosyncratic subtitles and motivational posters:

Spoiler:

Also, even though we haven't seemed to forget what this show is really about, we still need this reminder every now and then:

Spoiler:

Back