• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists

Years
  • So who do you think the protagonists are going to be? Do you think Brendan and/or May would make a comeback in these games, or do you think Game Freak is going to develop new heroes for these games?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • If it's a remake then it'll be Brendan and May.

It might have character customization like X and Y did, so you start off looking like Brendan or May then have the chance to change what you look like.

If it's new games then it'll be new protagonists you can definitely customize.

I would like to see them return if it's new games, perhaps as the Champion?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd say Brendan/May, with these games having Ruby & Sapphire in their title then I'd suspect that the main protagonists will remain the same as they did in the originals.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I would like them to be Brendan and May but at the same time I also want a whole new story. I'm thinking that the games aren't remakes but rather sequels taking place during a later time. If that actually is the case, then the chances of having new protagonists seems very likely. If the games are remakes, however, then I think Brendan and May are guaranteed to be the protagonists.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Probably gonna keep Brendan/May, I don't really see a reason to change them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    According to Omaga Rudy & Alpha Sapphire's trailer -

"The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."
    Since The trailer talk about a Spectacular new world so the protagonist might be new too .
    May & Rosa is by far the cutest ! I wonder we will be ever cuter girl then her.
    She might appear in Anime as a rival .

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think they'll be new characters, and hopefully they run into Brendan/May along the way.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I personally hope they bring May back. I was really disappointed with Lyra in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver; I like Kris/Marina way more.

Years
  • I'd say we'll get the same choices as in X and Y, but for Brendan and May;

Pale Brendan with Blond Hair under his hat/ Pale blond May.

Original Brendan/ Original May.

Dark skinned Brendan/ May with dark hair.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I like eeveeandmew's idea actually. If not that, then I'd like the base model of the protags to be Brendan and May with additional customization options.

If neither of those happen, I'd like to see them make a cameo somewhere. Maybe one as Birch's assistant/replacement and the other as Petalburg Gym Leader depending on how far into the future these are.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Going from my idea of the games taking place in a different time frame, I'm gonna say a new protagonist with customization like what we saw in XY, considering how well received that feature was. If it turns out to be remakes, then obviously May and Brendan will be the default characters, most likely with the ability to customize them, but so far I'm not really counting on that happening.

Years
  • I truly hope that they bring Brendan and May back, and give them an expanded role throughout the game, instead of having them show up for just half the game, and then pass the rival duties off to Wally for one battle.

At the very worst, if they aren't coming back, at least give our new protagonists the option of using some of the clothes that Brendan/May used when we customize our trainers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    Just going to throw this in and say that I really want them to look something like this *O*
    The Protagonists

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • If it isn't Brendan and May I will be posses beyond belief because I'm soo excited for a more mature looking Brendan. He's always been my favorite protagonist and the only male I've played as besides the obvious Red.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ who the protags are, so long as I get character customization and lots of it.

@NiirB: Where'd you get that picture?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I really hope Brendan and May come back in some form or another.
    They are definitely among my favourite protagonists of all time.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ who the protags are, so long as I get character customization and lots of it.

@NiirB: Where'd you get that picture?

The picture is fanart made over a year ago. I wouldn't mind the protagonists being a little stylish like that, but I welcome the return of customization.

Back