• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    @Blaki:
    thanks! its my first legit shiny xD
    the first one was a pigdey who I couldnt catch because Oak didnt give me any pokeballs yet >.> the basterd!
    the second one was a shiny horsey in some other hack. I was super happy, until I found out it was a bush that only produced shinies >.>
    LOL so this is my real first legit shiny haha

and good luck to you c:

Updates (08/28)!!

I beat the elite 4 !!!! c:

10428699_941430605872724_8497262878545452918_n.jpg
    10342760_941430622539389_1691317402888175632_n.jpg

Feraligatr = lv 51
    Venomoth = lv 44
    Magneton = lv 48
    Flareon = lv 49
    Golem = lv 46
    Dragonair = lv 42

Kanto here I come! >:)

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • No need to worry about giving a team to previous sign up - already has assigned team.

5th Update - between Ambrette Town and Cyllage City
    (my next update will be at Shalour City)

Pokemon:
    • Pokemon Caught: 9 - between Ambrette Town and Cyllage City, all to PC
    Sandile, Hippopotas, Helioptile, Solrock, Machop, Lunatone, Cubone, Onix, Drifloon
    • Pokemon Evolved: 1 - George

Battles Lost - this journey:
    3 - vs Gym Leader Grant - due to paralysis

Battles Lost: 4 - since the start of Journey
    • Route 6 - against Poké Fan Family Jan & Erin & their Furfrou
    • Cyllage City - against Gym Leader Grant - 3 times, mostly due to paralysis
    I did promised myself - no items or berries for the first two gyms

This Journey - with screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Finally, my team at the moment:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
    Years
  • So, I finished my Black 2 Challenge. I'm sorry I didn't post any updates throughout, but to be honest, I kinda forgot it was for a challenge.

My Final Team:
    Spoiler:

So I had a TON of fun doing this challenge, and I'd like to do it again. I hope I'll remember to post updates next time.

Signup:
    Name: pleryt17
    Game: Pokemon X
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFE's: Yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: Please make them all available in-game, and I need to be able to use Surf, Fly, and Strength.

Also, I am apparently signed up for a different Black 2 and a Y challenge, can I get rid of those? I don't even remember when I signed up.

Years
  • pleryt17 you get: Gyarados, Umbreon, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Slurpuff and Diggersby - Let me know if either of them is unavalable in game since I never played x so I will reroll for you if needed.

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
    Years
  • pleryt17 you get: Gyarados, Umbreon, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Slurpuff and Diggersby - Let me know if either of them is unavalable in game since I never played x so I will reroll for you if needed.

Can I get a reroll on Slurpuff, and can it be able to learn fly? I can't trade. But all the others are fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    My Update:

Have 6 badges, Currently in Team Aqua hideout outside of Lilycove City

My Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I'm having fun on with this challenge on Emerald and would like to try this on a newer game.

Signup:
    Name: Rarevalo92
    Game: Soul Silver, White 2
    National Dex: Yes for Soul Silver. No for White 2
    Restrictions: No same type combination and able to use Surf, Fly, and Strength.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm having fun on with this challenge on Emerald and would like to try this on a newer game.

Signup:
    Name: Rarevalo92
    Game: Soul Silver, White 2
    National Dex: Yes for Soul Silver. No for White 2
    Restrictions: No same type combination and able to use Surf, Fly, and Strength.
    I'll try - don't know much about Soul Silver - I had experience with White 2 (slowly forgotten some parts due to me playing XY a lot) - so I"ll try it for that game, next poster could give you team suggestion for Soul Silver

Sigilyph - Samurott - Unfeazant - Leaveanny - Krookodile - Ampharos

took longer than expected, let us know if one doesn't meet your restriction
    I'm kind of terrible at coming up with teams
    --------------- Next Update:--------------------
    Pokemon Caught:
    Spoiler:

Journey: Cyllage City - Route 10 - Reflection Cave - Shalour City
    Spoiler:

My Team - up to this moment, after receiving the Rumble Badge.
    Lorraine is close to evolving, just 5 more levels to go. She will probably evolve by the time I reach Ramos.
    Spoiler:

I know it had been a long time between updates, along the way I'm also playing my Eeveelution Team, my German Dark Team - once a day I'll play a different team - I also decided to update after gym battles instead of between towns/cities.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I'll try - don't know much about Soul Silver - I had experience with White 2 (slowly forgotten some parts due to me playing XY a lot) - so I"ll try it for that game, next poster could give you team suggestion for Soul Silver

Sigilyph - Samurott - Unfeazant - Leaveanny - Krookodile - Ampharos

took longer than expected, let us know if one doesn't meet your restriction
    I'm kind of terrible at coming up with teams

Looks fine to me ... nice I've never used any of those pokemon besides Ampharos. This will be interesting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Updates!! :)

Dragonair evolved <33
    and I beat the first 4 gyms of Kanto (lightning, grass, poison, psychic) + I solved the powerplant robbery

levels:
    dragonite = lv 57
    feraligatr = lv 60
    venomoth = lv 53
    magneton = lv 56
    flareon = lv 58
    golem* = lv55

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    I signed up for X and got these pokemon
    308MS.png
    196MS.png
    292MS.png
    103MS.png

I was wondering if I actually could do White2 instead (which shouldn't be a problem because they are all in Gen V)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I am accepting applications for ownership of the Random Pokemon Challenge. Mind you, the thread is about 312 posts behind at the moment because I have been too busy and isolated to keep it updated. So if someone is willing to do the work, it's theirs.
    Just making sure this is visible in here as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Forum Username: Tara
    Game Version: Y
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: nnnno
    Restrictions: I was going to say yes to National before remembering Pokebank can't hoard eggs which is my only method of transferring between my X and Y. That said, no Pokemon that needs trading to evolve or anything of the sort, thanks. :)

Hope this is okay!

Years
  • I would gladly take over this challenge but I am afraid that school starts for me in about two weeks and I am not sure how much time I will have for forum than sorry :(

Also, let me see if I can get the teams for you ThatChickWithNoLife and Sora (:

@ThatChichWithNoLife you get: Lanturn, Rhyhorn, Liepard, Loudred and Swirlix

@Sora you get: Bulbasaur, Umbreon, Gallade, Fletchlinder, Lapras and Dragonite

Since I haven't played gen 6 games just yet I don't know which pokes are available and which ones are not (I haven't watched too many playthroughs either because I want to explore the games on my own when I get a chance to get them) so please let me know if either of them is not available and i will reroll for you (:

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    @SubVirus:
    I don't think that would be a problem. I checked and nobody is keeping track of anything here LOL
    So its mostly just for fun and for other people to read ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back