• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • Apologies if I haven't updated in a while - been doing some Masuda Method (trying to get shiny Zangoose & Poochyena) & started another challenge too, have about 4 other teams going at the same time - at times I loose track of which game I'm playing.

I'll continue this challenge today after work. Awesome teams other's been getting.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • Going to cancel my Random challenge, Mainly because I have 0 time in between other challenges to complete it, Also the fact I have 2 water types which both are not accessible to me until I get a good rod or can surf and I cannot surf without either of them which makes the game after 5th gym impossible lol.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Going to cancel my Random challenge, Mainly because I have 0 time in between other challenges to complete it, Also the fact I have 2 water types which both are not accessible to me until I get a good rod or can surf and I cannot surf without either of them which makes the game after 5th gym impossible lol.
    Sorry to hear that - hopefully you will get the chance to do another Random Challenge soon.

Next Update! - Defeated Ramos!
    Been almost two weeks - been busy playing another challenge, 3 other teams, and some Masuda Method breeding.

This Journey: Shalour City (Tower of Mastery) - Route 12 - Azure Bay - Coumarine City

Pokemon caught / lost battles:
    Spoiler:

What happened along the way / Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

My Team:
    I know, Fox is over leveled, I tend to rely a lot on her, more than the others - being traded from my other team, even with EXP Share turned off, she still ears a bit more exp than all the other Pokemon.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    -Random Pokemon Challenge: Emerald Final Update

I had last left off in Mossdeep City about three weeks ago, and just continued to play today.
    Well since I had beaten the rest in the past hour or two I will only update the moments I found memorable, basically the Elite Four.

So I went to Sootipoolis city which was much easier to find then what I remember on my first playthrough. I then plotted with the whole Kyogre and Groudon stuff. Which lead me to finally get my eighth badge from Juan who was not very hard considering my team weren't up to par in levels. Then I finally set my way to Evergrande City. Lets just say that Victory Road is a ***** in this game considering you need Pokemon with Flash and Rock Smash. Which I brought out one of my HM slaves for Rock Smash, but just went through the cave blindly with no flash refusing to take out another Pokemon or teaching one of them Flash. Which was no fun but then finally got out of that ***** without running in circles too often. Quick save is the **** in other words lol.

Spoiler:

The Elite Four

-Sidney was rather easy to take down, since I had E. Honda the Hariyama on my team with a little help from Cruella the Tentacruel Slasher the Slaking and Blue Pika the Minun.
    Spoiler:

-Phoebe wasn't as easy but wasn't very hard either, Gem Goblin the Sableye basically wrecked house with a little help from Blue Pika the Minun.
    Spoiler:

-Glacia Gave me a pretty hard time, but E. Honda the Hariyama and Blue Pika the Minun beat them with a final Hyper Beam From Slasher the Slaking on Walrein.
    Spoiler:

-Drake was surprisingly easy didn't do too much damage, or take very long. All it took was Sorciere the Gardevoir, Cruella the Tentacruel, and Blue Pika the Minun. And again with Hyper Beam from Slasher to finish off Flygon and Alteria.
    Spoiler:

-Wallace was pretty easy since Blue Pika the Minun took out half the team. Then Slasher took out two with Hyper Beam, Cruella the Tentacruel took out one and Sorciere the Gardevoir assisted Blue Pika on beating Milotic.
    Spoiler:

Overall this wasn't too hard considering being about 5-10 levels under leveled. Just came down to type advantages, Slasher's OP Hyper Beam, and Crits and Paralyzing.

The MVP on my team was surprisingly Blue Pika the Minun. It basically took out the most Pokemon and took out at least one Pokemon per Elite Four member.
    The one hitter quitter Slasher also took out the hardest pokemon in the Elite Four and played a huge role.

My Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    So I'd like to do another one of this challenge, it's the only challenge I've done that I'm like, wow, thats cool! XD

Forum Username: Darkhelmet
    Game Version: FireRed (The Elite 4 in this game, including the champion I've messed with in my experiments of hacking ROMs for fun, it makes it harder, so there's that XD)
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: Original 151 pokemon only, please give me pokemon that can learn Cut, Fly, Surf, and Strength. No more than 2 pokemon sharing a type, and please exclude: Venusaur, Magneton, Nidoqueen, Venomoth, Onix, and Farfetch'd, since I used them in my last run. I know that's a lot of restrictions, I'm sorry >.<

EDIT: I feel it worth mentioning, I will be hacking in the pokemon to appear in the wild on route 1, so difficulty of obtaining in the regular game is not a factor.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    @Darkhelmet:
    How about this team?

144.gif
    055.gif
    108.gif
    038.gif
    089.gif
    057.gif

Articuno can learn Fly
    Golduck can learn Surf (and waterfall) and Strength
    Lickitung can learn Strength and Cut
    Primeape can learn Strength
    Muk can also learn Strength

Years
  • Seems fun, ive been trying to spice up my game :D

My Signup:
    Forum Username: TheDeadEvilDead
    Game Version: FR/Ultraviolet (hack of fire red)
    Number of Pokemon: 3-6, your choice :)
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: No, unless 6 pokemon are given to me, then i'd need a flier, surfer and strength(er?)
    Previous Progress: Nope

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ralts?... really?.. damn i don't like Ralts xD

but yuss, Ralts, Raichu, Rhydon, Pelipper, Gloom and Magcargo confirmed

and update 1, I released Bulbasaur and used cheats to catch my entire team on route 1

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • The Random Pokemon Challenge: Emerald Version
    6/8

I just defeated Winona. Things got a little boring there for a bit, but as soon as I reached the Weather Institute, everything got a lot more fun.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Forum Username: Rarevalo92
    Game Version: Soul Silver
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: No same type combination, able to use strength, fly, and surf. I'm randomizing wild Pokemon so feel free to pick any with in the four generations, just no legendary Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    @rarevalo92
    Here is your team, good luck!
    If you need a re-roll on any of these, please do say so.

Lucario, Crobat, Fearow, Kangaskhan, Ariados, Qwilfish

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    @Darkhelmet:
    How about this team?

144.gif
    055.gif
    108.gif
    038.gif
    089.gif
    057.gif

Articuno can learn Fly
    Golduck can learn Surf (and waterfall) and Strength
    Lickitung can learn Strength and Cut
    Primeape can learn Strength
    Muk can also learn Strength

Im sorry it took me so long, been a busy past couple of days, but I have accepted and thanks to 700% movement speed from VBA, I am already up to the last gym. Muk has been my pleasant surprise of this run (as I always seem to have that one pokemon thats just like "wow, thats actually REALLY good"). Ninetales has also been really reliable. I am rather upset though that Golduck can not learn Psychic >.> But we're moving right along, gonna try to beat Giovanni tonight and then throw myself at my revamped Elite 4 which all have pokemon 5 levels higher than usual, so it will be fun times tomorrow after I get home from work. Will update with my team after Giovanni falls.

EDIT: Giovanni and Gary fall, waiting til tomorrow to enter the victory road.

TEAM:
    Spoiler:

Gonna be a tough road through the Elite 4, but I'm confident this team can pull it off!

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Next Update:
    Coumarine City - Route 13 - Power Plant - Lumiose City (second trip + Gym Challenge)

On this trip - not much in catching Pokemon, only traveled one main route, with few Pokemon in them. Lost 2 battles in this journey, both in the Lumiose City gym, one to Ace Trainer Rico and once to Clemont too (hey! at least I'm being honest!!)
    Spoiler:

and now the quick journey:
    Spoiler:

My Team So Far: all 6 are part of my Random Challenge:

Polly, the male Pidgey
    Spoiler:

Francine, the female Ledian
    Spoiler:

Xylina, the female Lairon
    Spoiler:

Lorraine, the female Toxicroak
    Spoiler:

George, the male Simipour
    Spoiler:

Fox, the female shiny Fennekin
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    @DarkHelmet

Dont worry about it haha
    I'm glad you're happy with this team and that's its going so well n_n

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Hall of Fame reached!

kyTR462.png

Muk was definately the MVP, taking on the last 2 members of my enhanced elite 4 and 4 of the pokemon of the champion. Minimize + Sludge Bomb is AMAZING. I will definitely be using Muk again someday.

firefight

I like people
    Years
  • im still new so please tell me if i do something wrong!

my sign-up
    name: firefight
    game version: soulsilver
    number of pokemon: 6
    exclude NFEs: no
    national dex: yes
    restrictions: none

Last edited:

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    For firefight: (sorry, I don't know how to post images)
    Lumineon
    Glaceon
    Rhyperior
    Tyranitar
    Heatran
    Aerodactyl

---
    Now, here's my sign-up:
    Forum Username: nikkissippi121
    Game Version: HeartGold/SoulSilver (can do either; depends on availability of Pokemon I receive, I guess!)
    Exclude NFEs: Sure :)
    National Dex: No, thanks
    Restrictions: I'd like to be able to teach Surf, Rock Climb, Strength, Cut & maybe Fly to my team, so I don't have to have an HM slave! :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back