• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Hey there! It's been a while since I've been here last, and I kinda lost the save for my last challenge. Therefore, I'd like to sign up again!

Forum Username: GreyBidoof
Game Version: Fire Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: A balanced team please, with no more than two of each type. (and please, please, no magikarp...) Also, I can hack in anything that is not available in-game, so no worries there.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Hey there! It's been a while since I've been here last, and I kinda lost the save for my last challenge. Therefore, I'd like to sign up again!

Forum Username: GreyBidoof
Game Version: Fire Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: A balanced team please, with no more than two of each type. (and please, please, no magikarp...) Also, I can hack in anything that is not available in-game, so no worries there.

Raticate
Dugtrio
Volbeat
Slowbro
Hitmonchan
Skiploom

:3

Years
And I finally completed Random Crystal run:
Vs Red
Vs Lance

Final Team:
094.gif

Gangar|Female|Lvl 70|@Amulet Coin
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Night Shade
Dream Eater
This was a fun pokemon to use for sure - although it was pretty hard and annoying to raise at the beginning.

062.gif

Nyorobon|Male|Lvl 70|@Focus Band
Surf
Submission
Rain Dance
Earthquake
I believe that this was my first time using Poliwrath and I enjoyed using him! He was a vital memeber to the team and helped out a lot throughout the journey.

160.gif

Ordile|Male|Lvl 70|@Ragecandybar
Slash
Bite
Iron Tail
Surf
I had two more water types in team and since they were both dual types they did everthing so much better than him and he just ended up being in the team- Rarely used.

087.gif

Jugon|Female|Lvl 70|@NevermeltIce
Headbutt
Surf
Ice Beam
Waterfall
She was also a viable member of the team - without her defeating lance would be impossible.

162.gif

Ootachi|Male|Lvl 70|@Amulet Coin
Strength
Amnesia
Slam
Surf
He ended up being just an HM slave for the most part.

169.gif

Kurobatto|Female|Lvl 70
Fly
Supersonic
Bite
Wing Attack
She took about forever to evolve but once she did she was a monster.

Last edited:
Years
And finished Random Pearl ^^
Very good run, not too easy, but not really hard. It's fun to finally play Sinnoh game other than Platinum and see all the differences :). I was surprised a few times there and there and it felt somewhat fresh, but I must admit, that after finishing Diamond run I'm probably gonna never pick up D/P games again. Platinum seems better in almost every way.
Team:
408.png
Star, Hardy, Mold Breaker, lv. 63 @Everstone
-Earthquake
-Head Smash
-Zen Headbutt
-Assurance
I must admit, that I was a little bit disappointed seeing him on my randomed team. I always hated him in every possible way, but now I have to take back all bad things I said. This thing was a beast! Despite being NFE he just OHKO'd everything in his sight through the whole game. I just can't imagine what would have been if I had evolved him. I'd love to use him again sometime.

476.png
Jew, Hasty, Sturdy, lv. 63
-Rock Slide
-Flash Cannon
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
I was happy to see this one on my team. She can take a lot of hits and strike back with great power. Thunder Wave helped me in a few bad situations.

356.png
Mummy, Quirky, Pressure, lv. 62
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Ball
I actually thought she would be way better, that she actually was :/. A little bit hard to train at the beggining, but it got better over time. Mediocre overall.

091.png
Darkness, Gentle, Skill Link, lv. 61
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Ice Shard
-Payback
I was a little disappointed, when I found out that Icicle Spear has 10 BP per hit not 25 BP in gen 4, but oh well. She was pretty weak at the beggining with so limited learnset, but she got way better once she got Aurora Beam and evolved. Overall pretty good.

271.png
Surgeon, Quiet, Swift Swim, lv. 61
-Surf
-Mega Drain
-Energy Ball
-Zen Headbutt
Not very good, but not bad. It was worth waiting up to level 43 for Energy Ball. She was awesome at E4, almost soloing Bertha.​

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
i wish to make my challenge list grow even longer, i still have about 2 weeks to kill before my job starts and im running out of housework to do lol

Forum Username: Sylvie18
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: surprise me! (3 minimum)
Exclude NFEs: No , but 2 maximum
National Dex: No (i have a hack on my emerald that should allow me acess to all Hoenn pokemon though. i havnt tested it yet however)
Restrictions: No legendaries

Years
i wish to make my challenge list grow even longer, i still have about 2 weeks to kill before my job starts and im running out of housework to do lol

Forum Username: Sylvie18
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: surprise me! (3 minimum)
Exclude NFEs: No , but 2 maximum
National Dex: No (i have a hack on my emerald that should allow me acess to all Hoenn pokemon though. i havnt tested it yet however)
Restrictions: No legendaries

You get: Tentacruel, Wigglytuff, Dodrio, Claydol, Combusken :)
Let me know if you need any rerolls

----------------------------------------------
Finished Random Diamond run ^^
It was pretty quick and fun run :), though it still doesn't stop me from not playing Diamon/Pearl ever again xD. Platinum is just better.
Team:
196.png
Giga, Relaxed, Synchronize, lv 64
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Swift
-Grass Knot
I have not much to say. Awesome all the way through the game.

424-f.png
Yotta, Naive, Technician, lv 62
-Aerial Ace
-Return
-Payback
-Double Hit
I always wanted to use one, but it never fit in my team. Ambipom + Return = machine to kill. Seriously, I was surprised how much damage can this ape deal.

339.png
Exa, Hasty, Anticipation, lv 61 @Everstone
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Future Sight
I expected her to be way weaker, than she actually was :). Good learnset and only one weakness, made it useful even in E4 to my surprise.

394.png
Tera, Hasty, Torrent, lv 60 @Everstone
-Surf
-Drill Peck
-Shadow Claw
-Metal Claw
I know he could have had better moveset, but he was still good without it. Good all the way.

024.png
Peta, Relaxed, Intimidate, lv 60
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Crunch
-Stockpile
I'm happy to finally use that snake, she had good moves all the way (early Bite and Cunch) + Earthquake and Poison Jab a little bit later made her a good sweeper

Oh my, it seems that I really enjoy this Random Challenge, so here are 2 new sign-ups ^^:
Forum Username: Kostucha
Game Version: Sapphire
Number of Pokemon: 5
Exclude NFEs: No
Restrictions:
-No legendaries, pseudolegendaries, Wynaut, Wobbuffet
-2 to 3 NFEs

Forum Username: Kostucha
Game Version: Leaf Green
Exclude NFEs: No
Restrictions:
-No legendaries, pseudolegendaries, Wynaut, Wobbuffet
-2 to 3 NFEs

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
You get: Tentacruel, Wigglytuff, Dodrio, Claydol, Combusken :)
Let me know if you need any rerolls

Team looks good to me, never used any of them other than combusken evo line, and wigglytuff is on my ones that got away list, so it'll be interesting :)
I'll make a start tonight or tomorrow

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
So the tablet with my challenge runs, including this one, got lost. I wanted to train up more for Sabrina's Gym but I haven't found it all week. I'm itching to play so can I have another challenge for now? I'll still play the other one though. This one will just have to be on my laptop. :/

Name: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Platinum
Exclude NFEs: Yes.
Pokemon: 6
Additional: I'd prefer only Pokemon in the game, as in no cheats for now. One surfer/flyer/cutter and Brongzong resistance too please...... But I can use something to change the starter and trade evos.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
You may have Rapidash [Bronzong Resistance], Weavile, Steelix, Mothim, Staraptor[covers fly] and Bibarel [covers surf+cut]

Thank you, I'll get right on it! :)

Accepted

Edit: I just found out how to get Burmy. Hooray......
It took me forever to get Platinum set up on my laptop, took like 5 minutes for my brothers HeartGold. XD Anyways, I chose Lucas as my character named Al, Barry's new name is Felix. I used universal Pokemon randomizer to change trade evos and my starter from Piplup to Bidoof, but nothing else was done. Now I wish I had changed Turtwig to Burmy..... I named Bidoof Belo and caught a Start on Route 201 and named him Sera. Currently at Jubilife City.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 16, 2015
Forum Username: Daspien
Game Version: Soul Silver <on 3ds>
Number of Pokemon: 6 (full team, any hmslaves will get through and won't use to battle)
Exclude NFEs: No (I'm okay with them as long as they can learn some moves with banlist<f.e. Magikarp>)
National Dex: No, Can't even trade because no one lives nearby with a ds
Restrictions: No traded forms nor traded pokemons, at least 4 Pokemon before Elite Four so let's say eventually 2 pokemon from kanto - > Soul Silver version.

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Forum Username: Hippowtom
Game Version: Ruby
National Dex: No
Restrictions: None. I just want a quick challenge to play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back