• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2015
Pidgeot
Cloyster
Ferrothorn
Gallade
Magcargo
Venusaur

I'm not sure what Pokemon are in it, but I hope these are good.
unfortunately ferrothorn magcargo and gallade aren't in it, I guess I should specify that after reviewing the dex the only for sure gen 4 and 5 pokemon are the starters and the pseudo legendaries and legendaries. I am liking the idea of the other 3 though I have used venesuar a little bit too often(my 2nd favorite start pokemon) and would appreciate a re-roll on that too. sorry for making it so difficult :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Your team:

Floatzel
Meganium
Honkchrow
Ampharos
Macargo
Heracross

Not sure what's all available so let me know if you need/want a re-roll or more diverse team. Did a jhoto roll, then remembered you can have gen 1-4, so subbed the surf compatible one out with an all gen roll

OMG this team *o* I accept it!

Benedict-Cumberbatch-thank-you.gif

unfortunately ferrothorn magcargo and gallade aren't in it, I guess I should specify that after reviewing the dex the only for sure gen 4 and 5 pokemon are the starters and the pseudo legendaries and legendaries. I am liking the idea of the other 3 though I have used venesuar a little bit too often(my 2nd favorite start pokemon) and would appreciate a re-roll on that too. sorry for making it so difficult
3.%20frown.gif

Here are 4 new pokemon:
- Volbeat
- Mismagius
- Cranidos
- Togekiss
http://www.pokecommunity.com//nl.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Third Update

A lot quicker this time around with game progression

-Fought Team Flare grunts and got to Geosenge Town
-Beat Korinnas 2 lucarios
-Grinded a bit in Reflection Cave, as my pokeon were all kind of underleveled
-Electrike evolved to Manectric
-Made it to Shalour City
-Beat Serena at the Tower of Mastery
-Took on Korinna, and for the first time beat the leader on my first attempt, had no difficulty with any of her pokemon, and received my third badge

Team is way more balanced now, i dont feel like any of them are lagging behind. Manectric, after finally evolving is strong enough to compete with a lot now, and his static ability is being used way more than i thought it would, which is extremely helpful. Flareon is still strong (pretty sure it hasnt fainted since my first gym battle with Grant) and is still my strongest in terms of attack. If i do have a weaker link, itd be Croagunk, as his stats are relatively low, but his movepool is the most diverse that i have, and he'll be evolving relatively soon. Vivillon's still helping out, but now that my other ones are catching up to it, its not as savior-esque as it had been early game. but its movepool still offers a lot that my others dont have.

My Team:
Aphrodite ♀ (Vivillon) Lvl. 33
666.gif

Modest - Compound Eyes
Psybeam, Struggle Bug, Draining Kiss, Supersonic

Zeus ♂ (Manectric) Lvl. 31
310.gif

Calm - Static
Quick Attack, Discharge, Bite, Thunder Wave

Ares ♂ (Croagunk) Lvl. 31
453.gif

Docile - Dry Skin
Mud Bomb, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Revenge

Apollo ♂ (Flareon) Lvl. 30
136.gif

Rash - Flash Fire
Fire Fang, Fire Spin, Quick Attack, Bite​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2015
OMG this team *o* I accept it!

Benedict-Cumberbatch-thank-you.gif

Here are 4 new pokemon:
- Volbeat
- Mismagius
- Cranidos
- Togekiss
unfortunately togekiss and mismagius are gen 4+ and volbeat was deemed too useless and had been replaced with something else, to save time on re-rolls lets make a restriction of gen 1-3 only.

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
So I finally got done with my Random run and oh man oh man was it longer than I expected! I was pleasantly surprised about Mawile and Lanturn since I never have actually used them!

Spoiler:

262.png

Momo the Mightyena, lvl. 51 @Blackglasses
Crunch - Taunt - Dig - Rock Smash
I expected more from the poor guy, but he lacked the strength in the end. I was shocked when I checked that he didn't learn Crunch until level 47

303.png

Mawhile the Mawile, lvl. 50 @ Macho Brace
Crunch - Iron Defense - Vicegrip - Rock Tomb
He wasn't a disappointment but he wasn't good either, since he didn't get any STAB moves! But he could take a hit which was nice. The name is the typ-o on the PokéDex, lol

324.png

Fireshell the Torkoal lvl. 51 @Silk Scarf
Flamethrower - Sludge Bomb - Strength - Amnesia

I have never actually used a Torkoal before and he served well. He could take a hit and deal it double back. He was definitely the MVP on the Champion match.

357.png

Bananas the Tropius, lvl. 50 @ Lax Incense
Fly - Solarbeam - Earthquake - Steel Wing
Tropius was a huge disappointment. He wasn't strong, couldn't take a hit and so on. Definitely an interesting choice but not going to use him anytime soon, unless someone makes me to!

171.png

Seaweed the Lanturn, lvl 52 @ Mystic Water
Thunderbolt - Surf - Flash - Ice Beam
The MVP of elite 4, the great and powerful. He was definitely my favorite pokémon from the five. He came in the team pretty late but oh dear was she a monster!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New sign- up!

Username: Hippowtom
Game: Ruby
Number: 5
Exclude NFEs: yes
National dex: no
Restrictions: Only that please don't give me any Pokemon from my last run!

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New sign- up!

Username: Hippowtom
Number: 5
National dex: no
Restrictions: Only that please don't give me any Pokemon from my last run!

Your team:

Armaldo
Raichu
Altaria
Linoone
Vileplume

let me know if you need a re-roll

Last edited:

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Name: ElectricN
Number: 6
NationalDex: No
Notes: No trading. Prefer no starters/legendaries and no double typing if possible. Need Pokemon that can learn fly and surf. Also, I've played through this game many times an there a few Pokemon that I've just used way too much (ex: flygon) so i may request a re-roll on one of those few.

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Hmm ok your team can be: Mightyena, Pelipper, Swalot, Sableye, Slaking and Claydol :3

Like it! But can I have a re-roll on sableye as its not available in ruby and slaking because I used one in both my OR and AS

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2015
i'm still needing 3 re-rolls for my light platinum run, gen 1-3 only unless its a starter or pseudo legendary from 4&5(because there isn't anything else) so far I have pidegeot cloyster and cranidos

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Fourth Update

Moving through this way quicker than i expected, but enjoying it

-Fought Korinna at the Tower of Mastery and won
-Caught Miltank on the next route
-Grinded a little on random trainers on the route
-Beat Serena again, only using Miltank
-Fought every trainer in Couramine gym to gain exp for croagunk
-Croagunk evolved into Toxicroak
-Fought Ramos, his Gogoat caught me off guard with Bulldoze, taking out toxicroak, but yet again, paralysis helped me in the battle from miltanks body slam, and got my fourth badge

Short distance between the two gyms, but now about to go fight team flare at the power plant, so will probably be a little before my next update. Havent used manectric too much recently, but still helps out when i sub him in. Flareon was kind of shorted on the exp, as you would think i would use a fire type in a grass gym, but wanted to evolve croagunk, but atleast he's now has gone the time span of 2 gyms without fainting once, hopefully will keep this up. speaking of croagunk, sooooo much better after evolution, no longer faints after a couple hits and can one shot a couple opponents. Havent used Vivillon as much either, but learned a better bug move which is strong. Miltank is definitely the second part of her name. move pools slightly limited, but pretty strong even just with body slam.

My Team:
Aphrodite ♀ (Vivillon) Lvl. 37
666.gif

Modest - Compound Eyes
Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Draining Kiss, Supersonic

Zeus ♂ (Manectric) Lvl. 35
310.gif

Calm - Static @Amulet Coin
Quick Attack, Discharge, Bite, Thunder Wave

Ares ♂ (Toxicroak) Lvl. 37
454.gif

Docile - Dry Skin @Black Sludge
Mud Bomb, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Revenge

Apollo ♂ (Flareon) Lvl. 35
136.gif

Rash - Flash Fire
Fire Fang, Smog, Quick Attack, Bite

Hera ♀ (Miltank) Lvl. 30
241.gif

Impish - Scrappy @Silk Scarf
Milk Drink, Zen Headbutt, Rollout, Body Slam​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2015
Delcatty
Emboar

Does this help? :3
good news! i was able to find an easier way to search the pokedex for the hack and turns out magcargo and mismagius are in it! delcatty wasn't but emboar is, so my team for this run will be
Cranidos
mismagius
emboar
cloyster
pidgeot
magcargo.....should be interesting since its such a long game! challenge accepted!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So it turns out that the Dome Fossil can only be found in postgame since Kabuto/Kabutops isn't in the Kalos dex. Meh, I still got the fossil, so we got no issues there. Anyway, I'm in Cylage City.

Team Ruby

651.gif

Mr. Chestnut (Quilladin) Lv. 24 @ Nothing
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Leech Seed, Shadow Claw, Vine Whip, Rollout

670.gif

Croacus (Floette) Lv. 22 @ Nothing
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Flower Veil
Moves: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Fairy Wind, Wish

425.gif

I Take Kids (Drifloon) Lv. 20 @ Nothing
Nature: Brave
Ability: Unburden
Moves: Minimize, Astonish, Gust, Ominous Wind

140.gif

Blades (Kabuto) Lv. 20 @ Nothing
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Battle Armor
Moves: Harden, Absorb, Leer, Mud Shot​

Now, you might be wondering why my Drifloon is nicknamed I Take Kids. Well, folks, let us turn to the dex entries using the power of Lightshot.

PYnPCbS.png

From the book of Phoenix Wright, Take That! Decisive evidence that Drifloon takes kids. Anyway, that was my useless knowledge of this update...and ye.

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
That works. Will be a lot harder to use than manectric, but still electric

Years
Got a bit of free time so why not!

Forum Username: DaveT
Game Version: LeafGreen
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No
Restrictions: Only pokemon I can catch in-game please.
Previous Progress: No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back