• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just finished my Omega Ruby for the second time, thought I'd spice my next playthrough up with some random pokemon!

Name: Fourth the Tyrant
    Game: Omega Ruby
    Exclude NFE: No
    National Dex: Yes
    # of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: No Legendaries, One surfer.

Thanks! ^-^

You can have:
    Marshtomp
    Sandslash
    Heracross
    Torkoal
    Skarmory
    Cradily

Enjoy!

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    This looks like just the thing I need.

Forum Username: Call me Gamma
    Game Version: Platinum
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: No Legendaries, or Mons' that require trading to evolve please.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Final update
    Okay, so I FINALLY finished my Random Emerald run. It took me way longer than it should have, given that I started this in January. Well, I went on a pretty long hiatus after my first update because I lost my motivation for it. But I got back at it - and now I'm done at last.

Hall of Fame
    yASeNfC.png

Team
    linoone.gif

Lv. 55, Quirky, Pickup, @Amulet Coin
    Slash, Iron Tail, Surf, Thunderbolt

absol.gif

Lv. 55, Jolly, Pressure, @Shell Bell
    Slash, Double-Edge, Swords Dance, Shadow Ball

muk.gif

Lv. 55, Relaxed, Sticky Hold, @Quick Claw
    Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Brick Break, Giga Drain

glalie.gif

Lv. 55, Bashful, Inner Focus, @Nevermeltice
    Secret Power, Crunch, Water Pulse, Ice Beam

metagross.gif

Lv. 56, Naive, Clear Body, @Lax Incense
    Meteor Mash, Psychic, Return, Earthquake

This run was more challenging than it would have been under normal circumstances, especially Steel type opponents were kind of a hassle most of time due to my lack Fire, Fighting or Ground moves. Also, I lost to a few of my opponents which I usually don't, but I guess making the game harder is the point of doing a challenge. Anyway, most of my team was pretty viable, I've used Absol and Glalie before so they weren't any new to me. Linoone wasn't bad either, he was the fastest of my party, his other stats were okay. However his Pickup ability supplied me with more or less handy items on a regular basis. :) Muk was the biggest surprise out of my team members for me. I've never used one of them before, and in this challenge he turned out to actually have pretty decent Attack and Sp. Defense stats. He saved my skin in some of the Gym battles. As for Metagross, it was sort of the badass of my team, and I knew it would be already at the beginning. In Gen 3 they have pretty bad moves though, until level 55 its only Steel type move was Metal Claw.

Besides, it was pretty interesting to replay Emerald since I liked it a lot when I played on my GBA back then.

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    Final update
    This run was more challenging than it would have been under normal circumstances, especially Steel type opponents were kind of a hassle most of time due to my lack Fire, Fighting or Ground moves. Also, I lost to a few of my opponents which I usually don't, but I guess making the game harder is the point of doing a challenge. Anyway, most of my team was pretty viable, I've used Absol and Glalie before so they weren't any new to me. Linoone wasn't bad either, he was the fastest of my party, his other stats were okay. However his Pickup ability supplied me with more or less handy items on a regular basis. :) Muk was the biggest surprise out of my team members for me. I've never used one of them before, and in this challenge he turned out to actually have pretty decent Attack and Sp. Defense stats. He saved my skin in some of the Gym battles. As for Metagross, it was sort of the badass of my team, and I knew it would be already at the beginning. In Gen 3 they have pretty bad moves though, until level 55 its only Steel type move was Metal Claw.

Besides, it was pretty interesting to replay Emerald since I liked it a lot when I played on my GBA back then.

Great job Navenatox. I completely understand losing motivation during a challenge run. I am experiencing the exact same thing with my monotype bug challenge. I'm hoping by the end of my random challenge I can share a similar story of surprise and triumph. I'm glad you found some use in Muk. Those lesser appreciated mons' can really come in handy when you least expect it.

Years
  • Forum Username: Snorlax44
    Game Version: Pokemon Fire Red
    Restrictions:
    No Same types(Duels types are ok i.e. if 1 is water and other is water and ground it is ok)

Years
  • Forum Username: Snorlax44
    Game Version: Pokemon Fire Red
    Restrictions:
    No Same types(Duels types are ok i.e. if 1 is water and other is water and ground it is ok)

You get: Persian, Primeape, Exeggutor, Kabutops, Mr. Mime, Arcanine :)

Enjoy!

Years
  • Forum Username: Inkblots
    Game Version: FireRed (Hacked version with all FR/LG pokemon available to catch)
    Restrictions: Only pokemon obtainable in FR/LG before the E4 please; I'd like to be able to use all HMs without needing an extra pokemon as an HM slave

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Forum Username: Inkblots
    Game Version: FireRed (Hacked version with all FR/LG pokemon available to catch)
    Restrictions: Only pokemon obtainable in FR/LG before the E4 please; I'd like to be able to use all HMs without needing an extra pokemon as an HM slave

Butterfree
    Vaporeon
    Victreebell
    Fearow
    Magmar
    Rhydon

Years
  • Update time! I tried to breeze through the first 3 gyms as quickly as possible since it'll just be me and Marshtomp until that ash-covered route.

-Named myself Karliah, because I've been on a Skyrim kick lately. Meh.
    -Got a female Mudkip, named it Sumia since I can see Marshtomps tripping over nothing and falling all over.
    -Powered through to Rustboro, beating Brendan, saving the Devon guy and generally being great.
    -...Except in the battle with the lass right before the bridge with the twins, whose shroomish knocked Sumia out and send us scurrying back to Petalburg... *Grumble grumble*
    -Ruined Roxannes day with just Water Gun, getting my badge.
    -Saved Peeko, sailed to Dewford, brushed Brawly aside with Water Gun. Second badge.
    -Gave Steven his letter, oggled the cave painting, sailed to Slateport.
    -Bobbled around Slateport, and Sumia evolved on the beach. Captain Stern, museum, Archie, parts. Stuff and things.
    -Steamrolled confidently past Slateport until I hit Brendan again. I was laughing as I knocked out his Wailmer and Slugma... And promptly stopped as Sumia got demolished by an Absorb crit from his Grovyle. Back to Slateport...
    -Bought a Dire Hit and an X Sp. Def and gave it another go, this time pulling through. Humbled, I made it to Mauville.
    -Showed Wally he's got a long, long way to go. Toured the city, grabbing all the free items.
    -Challenged Wallace. Lol Mud Shot. Third Badge.
    -Booked it to the Fiery Path, where I wandered up and down until I found a Torkoal. Caught it, named it Kellam. Because turtle. Time to train it up...
    -Did the secret base stuff and left off just before the ashes route.

My Team thus far:

marshtomp.gif

Sumia
    Lv.32 | Quirky | Torrent

Rock Smash
    Rock Slide
    Water Gun
    Mud Bomb

torkoal.gif

Kellam
    Lv.15 | Docile | White Smoke

Rock Tomb
    Smokescreen
    Rapid Spin
    Fire Spin

Years
  • Forum Username: kirax7
    Game: Sacred Gold
    Restrictions: Only Brown Pokemons, possibly none or at least one Normal-Type pokemon ahah
    Spoiler:

I'd like to have a team :D

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
    Years
  • Finished my second Random run on Ruby!

Spoiler:

The Team:

linoone.png

Stripes the Linoone, lvl. 55 @ Silk Scarf
    Surf - Rock Smash - Cut - Strength
    Poor Linoone, became a Hm Slave but still rocked, I was surprised how good he was with the Hm's

vileplume.png

Shrooms the Vileplume, lvl. 55 @ Miracle Seed
    Petal Dance - Poisonpowder - Sludge Bomb - Sleep Powder
    She was pretty nice to use, probably the less used member of the team

altaria.png

Cloud9 the Altaria, lvl. 56 @ Macho Brace
    Dragonbreath - Fly - Dragon Dance - Earthquake
    The MVP of late game, especially the Elite 4. Set up 2 D-Dances and sweep on!

armaldo.png

Bugsy the Armaldo, lvl. 57 @ Mystic Water
    Metal Claw - Rock Tomb - Protect - Water Pulse
    She was the other MVP in the team, although she started lacking on moves on later levels

raichu.png

Ketchup the Raichu, lvl. 56 @ -
    Thunderbolt - Shock Wave - Flash - Slam
    Raichu wasn't too bad. But gosh I hate the trouble to go to the Safari Zone in R/S/E

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Sing-Up!

Forum Username: Hippowtom
    Game: Ruby
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: Again not the same Pokemon as in my last run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back