• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Got a bit of free time so why not!

Forum Username: DaveT
Game Version: LeafGreen
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No
Restrictions: Only pokemon I can catch in-game please.
Previous Progress: No

Your team

Jolteon
Victreebell
Magmar
Fearow
Sandslash
Kingler
Let me know if you need a re-roll

also

Fifth Update

Didnt have a chance to update after the 5th gym so completed 2 gyms in this update

-Beat team flare admin and scientist, mostly with miltank
-turned power back on in Lumiose, immediately went to fight the gym leader
-Clemont's team wasnt too difficult, though his raichu took a little time since i didnt have ground moves, but got my 5th badge
-Went to route 14, beat Serena
-Caught Poliwhirl

-Got to Laverre City, also immediately went to the gym
-Battled every trainer inside to grind a little, Toxicroak was helpful/not helpful, if i could land a poison jab/took a fairy or psychic move, basicaslly whether it was my pokemon or theres, there was a one kit KO every round
-Took on Valerie, had no real trouble at all, flareon was used for most of it, and got my 6th badge

Now about to head to the pokeball factory. Team is basically complete, once i get a water stone for poliwhirl, whos being extremely helpful by finally having water moves on my team. Manectri hasnt been used too much, again with limited move pool he essentially only comes out for a flying or water. Flareon has now gone 4 gyms without having fainted once, and with lava plume now it one hit ko's mostly anything. Toxicroaks diverse moves have him switch in a lot of the time. Vivillon has also not been used too much, as other than fighting or poison types, i basically have everything covered by another pokemon. Miltank is still a tank, can take down basically anything with body slam without losing half her hp. Really enjoying the team and now that have all 6 of them i just have to train them up!

My Team:
Aphrodite ♀ (Vivillon) Lvl. 42
666.gif

Modest - Compound Eyes @Amulet Coin
Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Draining Kiss, Supersonic

Zeus ♂ (Manectric) Lvl. 39
310.gif

Calm - Static @Magnet
Quick Attack, Discharge, Bite, Thunderbolt

Ares ♂ (Toxicroak) Lvl. 43
454.gif

Docile - Dry Skin @Black Sludge
Mud Bomb, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Revenge

Apollo ♂ (Flareon) Lvl. 42
136.gif

Rash - Flash Fire @King's Rock
Fire Fang, Lava Plume, Quick Attack, Bite

Hera ♀ (Miltank) Lvl. 38
241.gif

Impish - Scrappy @Silk Scarf
Milk Drink, Zen Headbutt, Rollout, Body Slam

Poseidon ♂ (Poliwhirl) Lvl. 37
061.gif

Gentle - Water Absorb @Wave Incense
Surf, Body Slam, Bubble Beam, Mud Shot

Last edited:

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
Forum Username: Ocular Stratus
Game Version: Storm Silver (HG/SS)
Exclude NFEs: No
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: None

Question though, if I get a Pokemon not readily available in game I will gladly hack it. But someone may need to tell me how. Also the basic idea is to use turd pokemon to catch the given set, and complete the game with them? Sorry, I am new to challenges.

Years
Pokegen is an amazing program for editing pokemon into the game ;) But you need to beat first gym before you can use it :o

Allright you get: Dodrio, Walrein, Luxray, Golem/Graveler, Nidorino and Umbreon ^^

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
Sixth Update

Team Complete! ende up back in lumiose so went back and got a water stone! made some decent progress.
-beat team flare at pokeball factory
-got to dendemille town and went to frost cavern
-beat team flare there
-grinded on route 17 for awhile since ice types are easy exp for flareon and toxicroak
-Got to annistar city and beat serena again (she battles a lot more than i remember)
-took on gym leader, olympia. no trouble until i got to her Meowstic, which is significantly better than serenas. finally beat it after cycling revives on a few pokemon
-went back to lumiose, got water stone on one route, evolved poliwhirl
-went into lysandre labs, fought team flare, they activated the ultimate machine

Team is great. I have wide spread of moves and i dont feel one is weaker than another. Manectric has been helpful with all of team flares golbats, but again, flying or water types is the only time i use him. Toxicroak is pretty versatile, and poison jab is incredibly strong, though he doesnt take a hit very well. Flareon is so strong and sturdier than i thought, able to take quite a few hits, and did not faint this gym either, though it got close. Vivillon has been used significantly more since it got quiver dance and hurricane, which make its so strong. Miltank hasnt been used quite as much as i did when i first got it, its still sturdy, but body slam isnt quite covering it anymore. Poliwrath has been used quite a lot now that its evolved.

now back to geosenge town for more team flare!

My Team:
Aphrodite ♀ (Vivillon) Lvl. 51
666.gif

Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Quiver Dance

Zeus ♂ (Manectric) Lvl. 47
310.gif

Calm - Static @Magnet
Thunder Wave, Discharge, Bite, Thunderbolt

Ares ♂ (Toxicroak) Lvl. 52
454.gif

Apollo ♂ (Flareon) Lvl. 51
136.gif

Fire Fang, Lava Plume, Flare Blitz, Bite

Hera ♀ (Miltank) Lvl. 46
241.gif

Gyro Ball, Zen Headbutt, Rollout, Body Slam

Poseidon ♂ (Poliwrath) Lvl. 50
062.gif

Surf, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Wake-Up Slap

Also; Started the ruby random, and have been intermittently working through it. Not posting after every gym like x, but will update a few times

Final Update (sorry for double post)

AZ and the Elite 4 are done! fun run and enjoyed playing through with this team

-fought team flare in geosenge, beat lysandre twice more
-caught xerneas
-got to snowbelle city
-found the leader then headed to the gym
-Fought Wulfric with no trouble at all, using flareon i think i got all of his down with a one hit KO
-Headed to victory road
-fought serena one more time, slightly more challenging than her usual battles, beat her
-got to the elite 4 and won!

Elite 4
Took on Wikstrom first, easily taken down with flareon and toxicroak
Took on Malva next, and other than TalonFlame which was taken down by manectric and miltank, poliwrath took care of the rest
Took on Drasna, who wwas the most difficult, went through like 3 pokemon on her first dragalae, but rapid reviving, vivillons bug buzz and poliwraths ice beam helped
Took on Ciebold last, and manectric had a clean sweep, possibly the easiest.

Diantha wasnt too difficult, as i had type advantages for most, and miltank for the rest, flareon took out her mage gardevoir in two hits

AZ was easy, with type advantage over all.

Really enjoyed this team, all of them weree surprisingly good! 1. Manectric was one that i couldve used more, but didnt just because i usually had something better, outside of water or flying, and he was knocked out quite a bit. however certainly needed him for ciebold which he handled nicely. not sure if id use him again, but as a fan of electric types, he was a nice addition. 2. Flareon, my favorite of the team. ive never used this eeveelution, usually choosing jolteon or one of the gen 2 ones, but flareon is great! went through the entirety of victory road with it leading, and it had a 6 gym game length without fainting! (unfortunately, the last alakazam on victory road psychic'd it with a crit) It could OHKO alot, take out in 2 hits most other, and was surprisingly sturdy. would definitely use again! 3. Toxicroak was so-so. on one hand, its move pool has been great from the start and i used him quite a bit, especially with sucker punch. however i think it tied with manectric on most faints, as it couldnt take a hit from fairy, flying, ground, or psychic moves, which alot of opponents knew. had been wanting to try him since gen 4, and enjoyed it, but doubt i would use him again as poisons main benefit is now fairy weakness, but his fighting type makes him just as weak. 4. Vivillon was fun to use. ive always been a fan of the butterfly-esque group (butterfree, beautifly) but vivillon may be my favorite. it had strong bug moves, psychic/fairy, and then compound eyes with hurricane was incredible. stopped using it there for awhile but it became probably my second most used after flareon toward the end. would use it again 5. Miltank was the biggest surprise of all. i love gen two pokemon, but have never been a fan of it. i saw it had some diverse moves, but it turned out that body slam with silk scarf was one my strongest attacks. When i wasnt using it offensively, it became the pokemon i would switch in to take a couple hits to revive, and it could take quite a few hits. would use it again, though i would also like to try its counterpart, tauros. 6. poliwrath was actually kind of a let down. i was happy to get it, just for the water moves, but it wasnt too strong. Hydro pump missed quite a bit, and surf rarely gave me OHKOs. its ice attacks werent strong and its fighting type was more of a con than a pro, as it fell consistantly to flying types while i did miniscule damage with ice beam. did help with malva though, but again, talonflame took it down in one hit. would not use again, especially since i prefer politoed.

My final team:
Aphrodite ♀ (Vivillon) Lvl. 63
666.gif

Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Quiver Dance

Zeus ♂ (Manectric) Lvl. 60
310.gif

Calm - Static @Magnet
Thunder Wave, Discharge, Strength, Thunderbolt

Ares ♂ (Toxicroak) Lvl. 64
454.gif

Apollo ♂ (Flareon) Lvl. 66
136.gif

Fire Fang, Lava Plume, Flare Blitz, Bite

Hera ♀ (Miltank) Lvl. 58
241.gif

Wake-Up Slap, Zen Headbutt, Rollout, Body Slam

Poseidon ♂ (Poliwrath) Lvl. 62
062.gif

Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Wake-Up Slap

sorr for the long update! i will try to keep them shorter and fewer as i post ruby! already made it through the 4th gym and will update soon, if not after i finish

Last edited by a moderator:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Heart Gold
Finally got around to doing this. I guess if it wasn't in my signature, I would've forgotten I even signed up for this. Anyway, I only got the first two badges, which isn't that much, but I like doing smaller updates if I'm using a full team (not yet though).

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
19.png

Nora the Naive Rattata (F) @ Lv.17
Ability: Run Away
Hyper Fang, Bite, Quick Attack, Focus Energy
180.png

Tailspin the Modest Flaaffy (M) @ Lv.16
Ability: Static
Tackle, Growl, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave
60.png

Frogger the Brave Poliwag (M) @ Lv.17
Ability: Water Absorb
DoubleSlap, Bubble, Hypnosis, Water Gun

Years
Forum Username: Frostblade
Game Version: Origin Platinum
Exclude NFEs: NO
Nat'l Dex: Yes please!
Restrictions: Add Torterra and a Pokemon that can learn required HM moves such as Surf, Fly, Rock Climb.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2016
I want to try this! :)

Forum Username: Haawkguy
Game Version: Heartgold
Restrictions: Only pokemon I can catch in-game please!

Years
I want to try this! :)

Forum Username: Haawkguy
Game Version: Heartgold
Restrictions: Only pokemon I can catch in-game please!
Meganium, Noctowl, Gyarados, Machoke/Machamp, Donphan, Espeon
Also, please give me some Pokes for Origin Platinum

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2016
Team accepted!

And sorry FrostBlade, I didn't see your post earlier!!

Your team is Torterra, Cubone/Marowak, Slowbro, Vespiquen, Sneasel/Weaville, Rhyhorn

Years
While I am still slowly working on my other Random Challenges I would love to do one on Crystal again~

Name: AoTora
Game: Crystal
Number: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yep
NationalDex: Yes
Notes: Anything from fist two gens will do - although I would prefer to have HMS covered and I would prefer to not get either of these: Feraligatr, Poliwrath, Dewgon, Furret, Crobat and Gengar because I used them in my last Random Crystal Run.

Also, I will probably be updating the OP sometime next week or whenever I have time because I have a lot of exams these days D: So please be patient with that~

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
While I am still slowly working on my other Random Challenges I would love to do one on Crystal again~

Name: AoTora
Game: Crystal
Number: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yep
NationalDex: Yes
Notes: Anything from fist two gens will do - although I would prefer to have HMS covered and I would prefer to not get either of these: Feraligatr, Poliwrath, Dewgon, Furret, Crobat and Gengar because I used them in my last Random Crystal Run.

Also, I will probably be updating the OP sometime next week or whenever I have time because I have a lot of exams these days D: So please be patient with that~

How about:
Meganium
Hitmonlee
Raticate
Kingler
Xatu
Quilfish

Years
Team accepted!

And sorry FrostBlade, I didn't see your post earlier!!

Your team is Torterra, Cubone/Marowak, Slowbro, Vespiquen, Sneasel/Weaville, Rhyhorn

I'll take this team and revisit Sinnoh again! The thing is, I've never used any other Pokemon aside from Slowbro so I hope this'll make my bond with those Pokemon even stronger.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
New sign up
Name: wolf mirage
Game: Pokemon x
Restriction: please at lease some balance

Is it okay if at the second gym

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
Okay I gonna need some eggs or trades here or better yet can u change it to pokes I can get in the game

Dusclops101

That guy who posts things...
Years
New Sign-Up

Forum Username: Dusclops101
Game Version: Pokémon X
Number of Pokemon: 5
Exclude NFEs: Yes
Restrictions:
- No Baby Pokémon (i.e. Elekid)

And BTW, I like this challenge, its pretty cool and unique

Years
Hey guys :D I'm new to PC, I just wanted to say that this seems like an exciting thing to do, and I can't wait to try it after I get home from work today!

Username: KINGJJ
Game Version: SoulSilver
Exclude NFE: No
National Dex: Yes (probably gonna regret this XD but oh well)
Restrictions: No legendaries

Thanks in advance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back