• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You get Gorebyss, Natu, Pinsir, Girafarig, Misdreavus and Tangela ^^

Let me know if you need a re-roll.

P.S. Welcome to PC and to Random Pokemon Challenge ^^

Years
I will have to find someone to trade with to get gorebyss, but otherwise, I think that I'm good (: do I post any updates? Or just when I beat it?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I will have to find someone to trade with to get gorebyss, but otherwise, I think that I'm good (: do I post any updates? Or just when I beat it?

You can update however you want.
I wish I could help you get Gorebyss but I dropped my 3ds in water and have to wait for it to dry out. ;_; You could try the Trade Corner of PC if you like.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Gonna try and stick with this one.

Forum Username: stp
Game Version: Crystal
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No (don't wanna hack anything in, but I doubt it applies to much here)
Restrictions: I'd like to have a Pokemon with Fly, but if you get a good roll lay it on me. No Legendaries either.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Gonna try and stick with this one.

Forum Username: stp
Game Version: Crystal
National Dex: No (don't wanna hack anything in, but I doubt it applies to much here)
Restrictions: I'd like to have a Pokemon with Fly, but if you get a good roll lay it on me. No Legendaries either.

Raticate
Gyarados
Jumpluff
Farfetch'd
Haunter/Gengar
Umbreon

Years
You get Gorebyss, Natu, Pinsir, Girafarig, Misdreavus and Tangela ^^

Let me know if you need a re-roll.

P.S. Welcome to PC and to Random Pokemon Challenge ^^

Hey, so after I started playing, I realized that I don't think I can get one of my pokemon before the third gym...so that's a reroll?

Years
Want to try and give this a go seeing as I lost my monotype save!

Forum Username: ShinySquirtle
Game Version: Leafgreen
National Dex: No (like stp Idon't wanna hack anything in although I will have trade evolutions able to level up in game)
Restrictions: No Legendaries please.

Years
Want to try and give this a go seeing as I lost my monotype save!

Forum Username: ShinySquirtle
Game Version: Leafgreen
National Dex: No (like stp Idon't wanna hack anything in although I will have trade evolutions able to level up in game)
Restrictions: No Legendaries please.
Alrighty then you get
Charizard, Rhyhorn, Vaporeon, Kadabra, Pikachu and Aerodactyl.
Let me know if you need a re-roll and please state the reason why.

Years
Don't know if this is a valid reason for a full re-roll but I use a lot of those when I do a run and was hoping for pokemon I hadn't used before. If not I'll accept.
Unfortunately, you can't get a reroll with taht reason but I am going to change Rhyhorn into Rhydon since Rhyhorn is a NFE. So this is your team:
Charizard
Pikachu
Kadabra
Vaporeon
Rhydon
Aerodactyl

Years
Hey, so after I started playing, I realized that I don't think I can get one of my pokemon before the third gym...so that's a reroll?

You can either hack one in but if you don't want to do that I can give you a re-roll :) So I am changing Pinsir to Typhlosion :)

Also the only times I will allow re-rolls are:

*You cannot get any team members before third gym and you don't want/can't hack/trade.
*You just used either of the team members - Meaning you just used it in either challenge and you don't want to use it again. [I would like to see a proof of that though]
*You got a NFE when you didn't want it.

Years
You can either hack one in but if you don't want to do that I can give you a re-roll :) So I am changing Pinsir to Typhlosion :)

Also the only times I will allow re-rolls are:

*You cannot get any team members before third gym and you don't want/can't hack/trade.
*You just used either of the team members - Meaning you just used it in either challenge and you don't want to use it again. [I would like to see a proof of that though]
*You got a NFE when you didn't want it.

Awesome, so I have Gorebyss, Natu, Typhlosion, Girafarig, Misdreavus, and Tangela...I'll post updates when I play after work

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
So I scrapped my ruby random, in place of a monotype challenge, but I'm planning on restarting my X again at some point, so I'll sign up again, as I enjoyed doing my last run.

Name: ElectricN
Game: X
Number: 6
NFEs: no
Nationaldex: no
Notes: fairly balanced team. one that can learn surf and one for fly. Also, for this run I'd like to use one of the Kanto starters you're given, but which one can be random. Also, prefer none from my last X run (flareon, toxicroak, miltank, vivillon, poliwrath, manectric) and avoid double typing if possible

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
So I scrapped my ruby random, in place of a monotype challenge, but I'm planning on restarting my X again at some point, so I'll sign up again, as I enjoyed doing my last run.

Name: ElectricN
Game: X
Number: 6
NFEs: no
Nationaldex: no
Notes: fairly balanced team. one that can learn surf and one for fly. Also, for this run I'd like to use one of the Kanto starters you're given, but which one can be random. Also, prefer none from my last X run (flareon, toxicroak, miltank, vivillon, poliwrath, manectric) and avoid double typing if possible

Pidgeot
Raichu
Linoone
Venusaur
Klefki
Pyroar

Years
Finished Random Pokemon Challenge in Sapphire and Leaf Green :D

Let's begin with Sapphire...

As I expected, it was very challenging run. Very challenging. Like I've had a few problems there and there, but the real one came at the E4. I got there at levels ~50 and I thought "It should be allright". It wasn't xD. I had to grind up to levels ~60 and even then it wasn't easy.

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team:
311.png
Siemens, Plus, Mild, lv. 58
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Growl
I have not expected anything from this another Pikaclone. I am not a fan of those and I guess I'll never be : |. She helped there and there, but limited moveset limited it's usability.

304.png
Killer, Rock Head, Lonely, lv. 58 @Everstone
-Rock Tomb
-Eartquake
-Metal Claw
-Double-Edge
I expected more from him, because I used Aggron a few times. He had it's uses, but it wasn't enough.

254.png
Christmas, Overgrow, Modest, lv 63
-Brick Break
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain
-Strength
I like Sceptiles. He helped a lot in this ubalanced team.

291.png
Omega, Speed Boost, Naive lv. 70
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Ball
-Slash
She was the best pokemon in this run. I love Bug types and Ninjask is not an exception. Once she got Aerial Ace and Shadow Ball, she just swept everything in her sight. Throw Swords Dance in and you get a solid team member.

318.png
Magnet, Rough Skin, Gentle, lv. 60 @Everstone
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Crunch
-Swagger
To be honest, I wasn't very happy to see Carvanha in my randomed team. I barely like Sharpedo, so when I saw Carvanha, I didn't expect anything from her. Surprisingly it was more useful than Aron, but still too weak to survive any attack.

About the Leaf Green one...

... It was way easier than the Sapphire counterpart. I got a team of very good pokemon, where almost everyone had it's uses. Very relaxing playthrough.

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team:
036.png
Whirly, Cute Charm, Timid, lv. 60
-Water Pulse
-thunderbolt
-Mega Kick
-Psychic
I love Clefables <3. As always she was a real powerhouse, helping all the way.

207-m.png
Cancer, Hyper Cutter, Quiet, lv. 52
-Earthquake
-Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
The only downside is that he had nothing but Poison Sting up to level 20, when he gets Quick Attack. Other than that I can't say anything bad about him. He actually helped a lot more, than I expected.

073.png
Japan, Clear Body, Quirky, lv. 56
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Secret Power
I don't use Tentacruels very often, but when I use, I'm very happy to have one on team. She wasn't an exception.

057.png
Fur Ball, Vital Spirit, Brave lv. 52
-Brick Break
-Low Kick
-Focus Energy
-Strength
I have never used Primeape before. He was OK, but I don't think I'll ever use Primeape again.

111-f.png
Paper, Rock Head, Adamant lv. 52
-Earthquake
-Double-Edge
-Rock Slide
-Scary Face
I didn't expect much from her. She lacked a lot and didn't fit in this powerful team. Quite a shame.

Lately I'm really tired of gens 1-3, so here goes Sign ups for gen 4 and 5 :D

Name: Kostucha
Game: Platinum
Exclude NFEs: No
National Dex: Yes
Number of Pokemon: 5
Restrictions:
-No legendaries, pseudolegendaries, Wynaut/Wobbuffet
-2 to 3 NFEs

Game: White 2
Restrictions:
-2 to 3 NFEs

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Finished Random Pokemon Challenge in Sapphire and Leaf Green :D

Let's begin with Sapphire...

As I expected, it was very challenging run. Very challenging. Like I've had a few problems there and there, but the real one came at the E4. I got there at levels ~50 and I thought "It should be allright". It wasn't xD. I had to grind up to levels ~60 and even then it wasn't easy.

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team:
311.png
Siemens, Plus, Mild, lv. 58
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Growl
I have not expected anything from this another Pikaclone. I am not a fan of those and I guess I'll never be : |. She helped there and there, but limited moveset limited it's usability.

304.png
Killer, Rock Head, Lonely, lv. 58 @Everstone
-Rock Tomb
-Eartquake
-Metal Claw
-Double-Edge
I expected more from him, because I used Aggron a few times. He had it's uses, but it wasn't enough.

254.png
Christmas, Overgrow, Modest, lv 63
-Brick Break
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain
-Strength
I like Sceptiles. He helped a lot in this ubalanced team.

291.png
Omega, Speed Boost, Naive lv. 70
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Ball
-Slash
She was the best pokemon in this run. I love Bug types and Ninjask is not an exception. Once she got Aerial Ace and Shadow Ball, she just swept everything in her sight. Throw Swords Dance in and you get a solid team member.

318.png
Magnet, Rough Skin, Gentle, lv. 60 @Everstone
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Crunch
-Swagger
To be honest, I wasn't very happy to see Carvanha in my randomed team. I barely like Sharpedo, so when I saw Carvanha, I didn't expect anything from her. Surprisingly it was more useful than Aron, but still too weak to survive any attack.

About the Leaf Green one...

... It was way easier than the Sapphire counterpart. I got a team of very good pokemon, where almost everyone had it's uses. Very relaxing playthrough.

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team:
036.png
Whirly, Cute Charm, Timid, lv. 60
-Water Pulse
-thunderbolt
-Mega Kick
-Psychic
I love Clefables <3. As always she was a real powerhouse, helping all the way.

207-m.png
Cancer, Hyper Cutter, Quiet, lv. 52
-Earthquake
-Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
The only downside is that he had nothing but Poison Sting up to level 20, when he gets Quick Attack. Other than that I can't say anything bad about him. He actually helped a lot more, than I expected.

073.png
Japan, Clear Body, Quirky, lv. 56
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Secret Power
I don't use Tentacruels very often, but when I use, I'm very happy to have one on team. She wasn't an exception.

057.png
Fur Ball, Vital Spirit, Brave lv. 52
-Brick Break
-Low Kick
-Focus Energy
-Strength
I have never used Primeape before. He was OK, but I don't think I'll ever use Primeape again.

111-f.png
Paper, Rock Head, Adamant lv. 52
-Earthquake
-Double-Edge
-Rock Slide
-Scary Face
I didn't expect much from her. She lacked a lot and didn't fit in this powerful team. Quite a shame.

Lately I'm really tired of gens 1-3, so here goes Sign ups for gen 4 and 5 :D

Game: Platinum
Restrictions:
-2 to 3 NFEs

Game: White 2
Restrictions:
-2 to 3 NFEs

Platinum:
Beautufly
Electrivier
Electabuzz
Murkrow
Mantyke
I don't know if you're ok with having both of those from the same line or not, it cane out of the generator that way. XD

White 2:
Panpour
Blitzle
Jolteon
Sigilyph
Pinsir

Have fun again!

Years
Platinum:
Beautufly
Electrivier
Electabuzz
Murkrow
Mantyke
I don't know if you're ok with having both of those from the same line or not, it cane out of the generator that way. XD

White 2:
Panpour
Blitzle
Jolteon
Sigilyph
Pinsir

Have fun again!

Thank you for teams! :D

About Electivire/Electabuzz...
I'd prefer to not train two pokemon from the same line and I'd please for a reroll, but a few posts earlier AoTora made a post about times, when reroll is allowed and it's neither of those ;/. Right now I'll start with White 2 and see if AoTora can hopefully make an exception.
Scratch that. After thinking this out, I've never trained 2 pokemon of the same line, so it's a good time to try it. Accepting both teams :).

Last edited:
Years
Just finished my Omega Ruby for the second time, thought I'd spice my next playthrough up with some random pokemon!

Name: Fourth the Tyrant
Game: Omega Ruby
Exclude NFE: No
# of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: No Legendaries, One surfer.

Thanks! ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back