• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Is there anywhere that I can get a comprehensive list of fonts available on the site?
    I'm fairly certain all fonts available for use on the site are listed in the Fonts dropdown menu whenever you make a post. So feel free to look through that.

Also, remember that this thread is for feedback pertaining to the staff. :)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

I'm being serious here, ^ is where you want to go for this sort of stuff. Just the other day I had to post in another thread about spam in CQ&F. This section is for actual questions and feedback, not Mafia inside jokes, "firing" puns, or anything else like that. I hate to be a killjoy but seriously, don't misuse this section. Thanks.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hey guys, not for anything.. but I noticed my PM box got a massive jump in size and I'm not sure if this was for everyone.. (or just because I've past my 11 year PC-anniversary and you guys decided to give me a present..) but I really appreciated it!! :D Thank you so much for giving me more space in my inbox! It means a lot not to worry about space! :3 (I think I had only like a limit of 300 or 500 before haha)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Just wanted to say that I feel Achromatic has been doing a great job with his contributions to the social media aspect of PC. Right now there's not a large YouTube following, but with continued diligence and smart audience targeting I feel his efforts will be rewarded.

Regardless, it's good to see a bit of life on social media. Keep it up.

Years
  • I'm really new here, extremely new, but I wanted to give a shout out to Dragon, he was really friendly welcoming me, and sent me a PM to welcome me within I think like 10 minutes of me posting in the welcome lounge, might've been less. I haven't used any kind of forum in a really long time so it was great to be welcomed like that.

Years
  • I'm really new here, extremely new, but I wanted to give a shout out to Dragon, he was really friendly welcoming me, and sent me a PM to welcome me within I think like 10 minutes of me posting in the welcome lounge, might've been less. I haven't used any kind of forum in a really long time so it was great to be welcomed like that.

Nice to see that feedback on Shawn there, he puts a ton of dedication into the section (and pretty much the entire community as well) to the point he always leaves a message to literally every new face who steps in. Definitely a good sign PC might be the first forum that you stick around for a very long time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    I'm new here. But, judging by the way this forum has been working for years now. I really like the staff and would give them a good round of applause. Since I have been a Moderator on an old forum myself, I know how difficult the job is. The atmosphere in my forum died easily for some reason... After giving us a great time for about 5 or so years, it came down.

But, this place has been going from a long time now.

I like the Admins, the new members and the old ones and everything. This place is friendly and easy to get around and I hope it always stays this way for years to come! :)

A big shoutout to all who helped me or spoke to me today: Chadizard, Hikamaru, FioriKikuchi, Juno and all the others in my inbox and in all my threads and friends.

I would especially like to give it to Dragon for giving me and my brother a warm welcome and good companionship! Haven't seen someone like this in a very long time.

Thanks for everything guys.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Quick suggestion. Make some kind of polls where members can vote whether that thread's MOD is suitable or not. Sole purpose is to motivate mods to keep the sub forum up and running. I went through the forum a bit and seems like some sub forums are getting rather neglected. Just closing unnecessary threads and removing mean posts doesnt make you a mod, anyone can do that and people who are running sub forums should prove they are passionate about what they are doing. I personally left so many sub forums cos I felt like people running them didnt really care much. So yeah, here's my two cents.

Note 1: When I say I left sub forums, I mean the time almost a year ago, so Im not talking about anything that recently happened, but complaint is universal and the suggestion applies nevertheless

Note 2: "Im busy" and similar arguments ARE NOT valid arguments. If one doesnt have time or is simply uninterested at the moment to improve the sub forum by creating events and thinking of ways to improve the place, step down. There is nothing wrong with being busy, but if you are not able to do something at the moment, simply let someone else do it in the meantime.
    I know it doesnt seem like a big problem, but just to give an example, I personally pretty much lowered my activity to a minimum cos of this specific problem. Not entirely, but it had a lot to do with me not being active here.

Note 3: Im not complaining about anyone specifically, just something I noticed about this place generally, on a few spots.

Other than that, kudos to all of you running this place and keeping itso frendly and pleasant. Also, a huge shout-out to Revise and Lycan for being so engaged with the Pokemon Trivia, the only sub forum I'm still hanging around at.
    Peace! :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Spoiler:

Are you referring to any part of the forum in particular? Kind of looks like your post is a response to someone but can't figure it out ><.

Also what are you referring to as subforum? A subforum is normally one of the little links under a forum header (for instance, "The Writer's Lounge" is a subforum of Fanfiction & Writing). If you just mean areas that aren't about the main games then I think most areas are thriving and the majority of moderators aren't just lock&delete machines. For instance, Dragon has done a lot with Fifth Generation to give it a new lease of life.

Years
  • Hey Mana, nope, not really, I was just giving a general suggestion. I've seen people say that cant do this or that, and then I had people tell me they dont understand why someone is being mod if they cant handle it at the very moment. I think this has to be said. I get that mods create a huge sub community and you all have each other's back, but I dont think that you guys take this matter too lightly.
    Im just saying that there should be some kind of poll where members can anonymously state whether they would like more or different mods. Once again, not talking about anyone particular, I havent been here for like half a year, so I have no idea whats the status of each subforum. (And yeah when i say subforum, I mean smaller sections. like, treehouse are playground are subforums. Not sure what the exact word is.)

I hope no one gets offended. I just want you to know that mods are a huge part and very important to forums, and should not take their positions too lightly. :D

Years
  • For instance, Dragon has done a lot with Fifth Generation to give it a new lease of life.

Don't forget the Pokeggs in TWL as well, it's something new that I've never see any previous TWL mod before him do. Shawn loves to be innovative and bring life into whatever he's running, and that's a reason to love him.

But I wouldn't go as far to say if the mod is "suitable enough" for their section. Sure, I did question some in the past (like a smod I had a fear of a few years ago because he gave out infractions for the most insane things that wouldn't even usually warrant one, such as me being labelled a "copycat") but I don't think the staff these days are like the ones I had issues with years ago. I feel like the team is improving, and as this wise guy said, mods are becoming more than just lock-and-delete machines and are trying new things within their section.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    (And yeah when i say subforum, I mean smaller sections. like, treehouse are playground are subforums. Not sure what the exact word is.)

Treehouse and Playground are not small sections.

Your requests are very unclear, also. Nearly every forum right now is running an event of some kind, so where exactly is this "uncaring mod that needs a poll" you're seeing?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey Mana, nope, not really, I was just giving a general suggestion. I've seen people say that cant do this or that, and then I had people tell me they dont understand why someone is being mod if they cant handle it at the very moment. I think this has to be said. I get that mods create a huge sub community and you all have each other's back, but I dont think that you guys take this matter too lightly.

Im just saying that there should be some kind of poll where members can anonymously state whether they would like more or different mods. Once again, not talking about anyone particular, I havent been here for like half a year, so I have no idea whats the status of each subforum. (And yeah when i say subforum, I mean smaller sections. like, treehouse are playground are subforums. Not sure what the exact word is.)

I hope no one gets offended. I just want you to know that mods are a huge part and very important to forums, and should not take their positions too lightly. :D

Ah, I see :) Well you can always voice here if you feel there is an issue with a moderator. I know it's not anonymous, but sometimes its best to be direct - if there is an important issue its best to just bring it forward, you know?

Otherwise you can always PM a member of higher staff if you have concerns. I think you'll find they're unlikely to act unless there's a persistent issue - members of staff are required to announce if they're busy/away/etc. and so the higher ups normally know already.

Being a driver for a forum for 52 weeks a year is no easy feat, and being unable to contribute as fully every now and then shouldn't automatically mean being replaced. Normally new people are promoted (such as Revise, as you mentioned!) before it comes to such a point. We are people after all! Sometimes we need support and downtime, rather than just being canned :c.

Years
  • Treehouse and Playground are not small sections.

Your requests are very unclear, also. Nearly every forum right now is running an event of some kind, so where exactly is this "uncaring mod that needs a poll" you're seeing?

I wasnt clear enough. I didnt mean smaller, I meant sub-sections.

Ah, I see :) Well you can always voice here if you feel there is an issue with a moderator. I know it's not anonymous, but sometimes its best to be direct - if there is an important issue its best to just bring it forward, you know?

Otherwise you can always PM a member of higher staff if you have concerns. I think you'll find they're unlikely to act unless there's a persistent issue - members of staff are required to announce if they're busy/away/etc. and so the higher ups normally know already.

Being a driver for a forum for 52 weeks a year is no easy feat, and being unable to contribute as fully every now and then shouldn't automatically mean being replaced. Normally new people are promoted (such as Revise, as you mentioned!) before it comes to such a point. We are people after all! Sometimes we need support and downtime, rather than just being canned :c.

Really, this is a general thing, not directing it to anyone. As i said, I wasnt very active and have no idea what the forums look like now, I just wanted to state this specific opinion of mine.
    And I absolutely dont think anyone should be replaced. But having more mods in a section is definitely something you should apply to more subforums than just Pokemon Trivia.
    :)

Years
  • And remember, while we may all have different username colours that signify our role within the community, we are still normal people with an actual life.

Years
  • I absolutely agree, but that is exactly why you should have more mods for one sub forum. Like why was Ash left to mod the entire Pokemon Trivia alone for such a long time? Kinda unfair to expect someone to mod such a huge place and have a life.
    idk, thats how I see things, maybe my perception is completely wrong about this though.

Years
  • If a moderator was neglecting their duties, then the higher staff would pick up on that, believe me. As forum staff, we really only have to check in just a few times per week, but that is a bare minimum, and most, if not all of us go far and beyond that threshold.

Things come up in our lives from time to time that can cause ripples in our activity, but that doesn't mean we aren't capable of handling our tasks now does it? If you really believe that a moderator of a section isn't upholding the standards of being a moderator, then you could always PM the higher staff with your thoughts.

Years
  • I absolutely agree, but that is exactly why you should have more mods for one sub forum. Like why was Ash left to mod the entire Pokemon Trivia alone for such a long time? Kinda unfair to expect someone to mod such a huge place and have a life.
    idk, thats how I see things, maybe my perception is completely wrong about this though.

Remember that the mod selection process that goes on in the higher-ups area can take a while to decide. It's like how some sections were left modless for a while, sometimes for months or even a whole year in some cases.

The higher-ups are always looking around sections scouting potential new mods, namely those who make an active presence in the forum in question. Someone could be watching your activity every day and you wouldn't even know it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back