• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky (Revival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I hope this is acceptable. It's not as detailed as I would like it to be, but if you need anymore information I'll gladly add it. Also, I'm sorry that the RP example is so short.~

-----

Name: Rose Pryce

Pokémon to Become: Skitty

Appearance/Description:
    Rose is 5' 4" and has an average build, slightly curved, but not to busty; she has a longer torso with shorter legs. Her skin is a light peach with pink tones. Instead of getting the bronze tan she always seems to get irritating sun burns.

Her hair is a golden blonde, slightly wavy at the tips, with side swept bangs. She changes her hairstyle depending on her clothing and mood, but most of the time she is with two pigtails. Normally her hair, when down, hits the middle of her back.

She likes to wear cute, but comfortable clothes since she is a Pokemon trainer. Her main outfit is a white collared shirt with a mauve sweater vest over it; the vest has the picture of a pókeball in the upper right-hand corner. Her bottom is a khaki skirt with pleats, accessorized with white leggings, so she can move freely. Her shoes are black and white converse style with black shoelaces.

Personality:
    Rose is a very naive young girl. She is optimistic and can be very determined, even when the odds are against her she gives it her best; perhaps a tad stubborn when her innocent determination takes over. Also, her childlike behavior sometimes undermines her views of the horrid events taking place around her.

History:
    Rose lived with her younger sister and single mom in the Kanto region. Her mother is a retired contest contestant from Hoenn and trained her two daughters to follow in her footsteps; eventually wanting her daughters to venture to Hoenn and Sinnoh. Even though Rose is very girly and tagged a 'prep' she was determined to become a Pokemon trainer. Her mother protested her daughter's wishes, but after taking matters into her own hands, Rose was given a chance to show her willpower on becoming a Pokemon trainer. The two agreed that Rose would battle a first time trainer like herself at Professor. Oak's lab and if she won she could follow her dream. Sadly, she lost, but her mother finally realized her daughter's feelings and the way she connected with the Pokemon. She allowed Rose to begin her journey.

Rose soon found out her mother was against her becoming a Pokemon trainer because of her father, a trainer who also loved Pokemon, but departed their family because of it. Rose made a promise to her mother that she would come back one day, but after she was considered a master and beaten the Elite Four.

Love: Single and interested~

Other: She loves to write poetry.

RP Sample:

Rose stretched her limbs, her hair catching the rays from the sun, her bouncy pigtails glowing a bright gold. Muffin, her upbeat Plusle, clung to her shoulder, basking in the warmth like her owner. After a good nights rest at the local Pokèmon Center, the young trainer was eager to begin the day, hoping that perhaps a battle or new addition to the team was included in the schedule.
    "Are you hungry?" She asked, grinning up at Muffin who nodded energetically. Rose chuckled, knowing how much the small creature loved the Pokèmon food she carried.
    Sitting down at a bench outside of the Center, she slid her backpack from her shoulders and rummage inside for the plastic container of brown pellets and a bowl. Muffin hopped down onto the bench next to her, squeaking as Rose shook some of the delightful pellets into the little bowl.

Years
  • Wow, this is getting pretty huge. o_o;

Only moments ago I realized that more people than I first imagined were signing up. The last Star in the Sky had more than ten people, but not all were active, so it seemed more like four or five. This is the beggining and already I'm bombarded with sign-ups, and I'm not sure if handling so many RPers in one RP is wise. >_>;

Alright, let's just get straight to business then. I really want to start this thing today.

Trainer Kat: History's too short. Next!

Nah I'm joking. This is ideally another flawless sign-up. I would say something more, but there isn't much to say about it. XD *Accepted*

M@XWeru: Your sign-up is good. The personality of your character is probably going to really go against my character's actions once this gets started, hehe. *Accepted*

Fallen Angel_Messiah of Black Roses: I'm not going to lie to you; it is an improvement. The appearance and description section is questionable, the personality section is alright, and the RP sample is okay. It's going to need a little more tweaking.

PkMn Trainer Rose: The personality is a bit on the short side. Everything else meets requirements, and I already know your pretty good at RPing from your post in "The End." All I ask is that if you can, lengthen the personality.

--

Okay, whoever wants to sign-up, I will create an OOC thread. Those that have placeholders here and have not finished their sign-ups are allowed to finish them in this thread. New applicants though need to hold on to those sign-ups as I get started on the first post, and then the OOC thread.

Years
  • JBCBlank: It's much better. Thank you. ^_^ *Accepted*

And now, we begin.

Chapter 1

COMMUNICATIONS ARCHIVE

AIRWAVES SALVAGED FROM
    AREA DEAD ZONE
    AUTHORIZATION TO VIEW COMMUNICATIONS
    DENIED

ACCESS CODE

ENTER AUTHORIZATION ACCESS CODE

AUTHORIZED
    PROCEED

COMMUNICATIONS
    SINNOH TO JOHTO
    LAST KNOWN COMMUNICATIONS
    THREE HOURS AFTER
    THE SHROUD

COMMUNICATIONS ENGAGED

SINNOH Airwaves Technician: "This is our 9th attempt at communications. Johto Skies, do you read?"
    JOHTO Airwaves Technician: (STATIC)
    SAT: "Johto Skies? Come in Johto Skies, where are you?"
    JAT: (STATIC)
    SAT: "There is no response from Johto Skies. I repeat, no response—,"
    JAT: "Grraaaaaaaaaaooooooohhhhhwl! GRAAAAAAAAAOOO—," (DEAD LINE)

COMMUNICATIONS LOST
    ALL SINNOH AIRWAVES EMPLOYEES
    VANISHED FROM SIGHT

NONE HAVE BEEN SEEN AGAIN

It Begins

Any which way Tom Rivor looked at it, there was still no sense. If he looked around him, he'd see so many lives with so many different stories to tell. A lot of these people who stumbled into each other were in tears for obvious reasons. A lot of these people he saw were trainers. Their lives were being derailed and falling on a fast track, and they were scared to the extreme. They did not, possibly could not, stop and think or even hit the brakes.

So what was he doing at the Pokémon Center? He thought about that question and remembered the morning. He was up at around 4:00 AM, shuffling around the living room with the rest of the family. By then, they had all heard what was going on. The reporter on the television had been very blunt when he spoke it out. It almost seemed like a joke. How was he supposed to accept that what started as a few stolen Pokémon would scale up to all of Kanto being rid of the life? It was not something that would sink in lightly. Later his uncle Gregory would recieve a call from the Pokémon Center, directly from his employer Nurse Joy to get his arse to work because of so many trainers in disdain. All help was required. Even volunteer help.

Oh yes, that was how he ended up there. He volunteered. Of course. That would not explain why his sister Amanda walked through the front doors though, shivering from the cold snow that had accumulated outside. She was freezing cold. And worse; his parents told her to stay home. Tom knew why she was there though. She really wanted to help out. She somehow either talked them out of it or brought it upon herself to escape to this wild and crazy Center. Thinking about all he had done in the morning up to the current time at 7:00 PM, calming trainers everywhere they had gone, he now wondered whether he should warn his sister or let her suffer hearing the heartache stories a lot of the trainers would not stop crying about.

Either way, he greeted his sister as she removed her jacket the way he always did. "What are you doing here?!" he shouted. "Do Mom and Dad know you're here?" She gave a weary smile. That would be a no. She had something in her hand. Quickly, with the brotherly love he so used with her, he took it from her and looked at the front cover. "What's this?"

"Hey!" Amanda shouted. "Give that back!"

She pulled it out of his grip and looked the precious book over, as if it were all she had left. She rubbed it, cared for it, and kissed it, all the while making Tom gag jokingly with her. "So what is it?" he asked. "I've never seen you with that before."

"It's called a diary, dork," she said. "I keep all my stuff here; you don't just take a diary from someone like that! In fact..." And she immediately pulled a pen from her pocket. With a single click of the ball point, she scribbled on the front cover gently and with such precise cursive handwriting. Then she practically shoved what was written in his face, and she read aloud what was written. "Do not touch, Tom!" Then she pulled it back and hugged it again. "So what's going on here?"

"What's going on here?" Tom laughed. "You haven't even told me if you had permission to be here!" Though he waited for her to answer, she was not going to. He sighed. He might as well tell her the news. "Nothing has happened and we still don't know where the Pokémon have gone off to. Now go home."

But she would not. Frustrated, and not wanting to deal with his sister at the moment, Tom let her be. She made her way to Nurse Joy and offered herself as a volunteer.

That's just perfect, thought Tom sarcastically. To ocuppy himself some more he returned to the waiting area with a notepad and pen. He was ready to jot down every detail of what Pokémon any trainer was missing and would lie to them by replying that their companions would be found soon.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • "Your a real angel Ash"

*Bump* Ash Williams hit his head of a handle bar inside the dark bus. He shook his head and looked around. He must have fallen asleep on the bus again.

Ash slowly looked around and saw he was the only one on the bus. "Last stop, end of the line." The driver said getting up. Ash slowly got up minding his head this time and stepped off the bus. Once he stepped off he breathed in the good fresh air. He was so used to the smog in the cities like Saffron and Celadon he forgot about the nice air in Viridian

Ash fumbled around in his pocket and found a small pokeball he forgot about. Memories of King began to stream into his head. But he ignored them and began walking. Slipping the pokeball into his pocket

Ash didn't know why he was in Viridian. He intended to go to Pewter. It might have been a simple mix up with the busses. Either way he walked towards the pokemon center. The crisp 7PM air felt good against his skin.

Ash walked into the pokemon center. He saw that there were quite a few trainers there. He noticed someone jotting down information and sat down next to him. "Busy night huh?"

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • Rayna entered the Pokemon Center, She didn't know why she was there, all she knew was that her pokemon were gone and that maybe someone would know where they were. She held Alex's pack in her hands, "What am I going to do?" she wonders as the huge Noctowl that had carried her there shoot it's head, "Stay here Noctowl." she said and tried not to cry, Noctowl had belonged to Alex, Alex had always ridden Noctowl when he came to visit her.

Rayna turned to look inside and saw alot of trainers standing all over, unsure where to go she placed a hand over her mouth and shivered, This is not the place for me, she thought and began to make her way out of the room, then she saw that Noctowl was gone, "NOCTOWL!" she shouted so loud that she was sure that everyone would turn to see her. She held Alex's Pack close and squeeks when his Trainer card falls out and hits the floor scattering his Shinnoh badges all over the floor, "Oh!" she falls to her knees and picks up one of them, "Alex...."

Blinking she soon realizes something that made her feel quite foolish, "you were never there were you Noctowl...?" she begins to cry, she hadn't realized that her greef was quite so strong as to cause halusanations.

Last edited:
    Years
  • "Hmm?"

Tom's attentioned turned to a new face. The teen who had spoken to him couldn't be but a year or two older than him, but his eye sight may have been playing tricks. The facial fuzz the teen had going on could be manipulating him to believe that this teen was much older than he appeared. Whatever the case, it was a new face, and therefore meant some more writing to be done.

"Yeah, it's been pretty busy all day." And then Tom yawned. He hadn't realized it, but maybe there was a reason why the creator of all invented something known as naps. His eyelids felt heavy. He had to shake off the tired feeling just to get back into the feel of the job, and now more than ever he regretted ever volunteering for this. "So what are you missing?" Tom asked upon impulse, ready to write.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • "NOCTOWL!" Ash heard just before the person writing said something. Ash turned and saw a girl dropping her bag. Ash got up and walked towards the girl. She began picking up some badges off the floor. Ash slowly scooped them up along with the case and gave it to her. "Here you go. You have to be more careful." He said as he walked back to the person sitting down

"Oh I am missing a Lucario, a Blaziken, A Ghastly, a Feraligatr, an Alakazam and a Scizor." He said coolly.

"So whats your name?" He asked after. Curiosity got the best of Ash when he asked this. He was just simply curious to the teen writing things down. He felt like it was the right thing to do.

*Flash*

"Ash Scizor cut my dress again."

"What do you want me to do?"

"AIIIIEEEE"
    *Freeze* Ash shook his head at the flashback. Ever since she.... went away Ash kept having nightmares and flashbacks about her. Ash looked up. "Sorry about that."

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Just how did it make sense?

It didn't, well at least for a girl in her late teens named Maria. In an instant, all the Pokemon of the world disappeared. Many trainers were depressed from this, as their prized possessions, even family to some, were gone in a flash. No more Pokemon Trainers, no more breeders, no more contests. Only one thing mattered to Maria though: The Pokemon League Championships in spring were going to most likely be canceled unless something could be done, and fast.

Was this a cruel joke from Arceus, one of the most powerful Pokemon to have ever existed? This was enough to shatter some people's minds. Maria just hoped that if the Pokemon deity wasn't all nice as it was thought to be, this was the worst of what might happen next. Maria just didn't want to think about what might happen next.

A subway train stopped. As the door opened, Maria walked out of it. She had planned to see and make some friends, in order to get this off of her mind for a while. Ever since the occurance on New Years, the trainers never really wanted to socialize much, or they didn't have the urge to go out and explore like they did with their companions.

Walking up a staircase out of the underground station, the girl was in one of the most busiest places in Viridian City and was almost pushed aside by the crowds of people moving past. This wasn't because of business, but a lot of ex-trainers now hung out at the Pokemon Center with the hopes of finding their partners once again.

Gently pushing through the night-time crowd, Maria ended up walking into the Viridian Pokemon Center. Her family suggested to go outside for a while, and this was what the girl had in mind. Who knew, maybe she could get something out of it or cheer someone else up. Staring at the groups of people looking to book a room or demanding for a rushed Nurse Joy and her assistants to give them their Pokemon, Maria decided to avoid that particular group. Instead, she set her eyes on a nearby table, with two boys, and sat down on the opposite end of one who was jotting down several notes.

"Hi... It been busy here, huh?" Maria said, waiting for a response. Maybe she could get something done today, such as getting over this and moving on. It would be hard, but it was better off for her unless there was an actual chance of meeting her Pokemon again.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Cato only sat and stared in his tent in the Viridian Forest as the usual sounds of bug Pokemon going about their normal life was replaced by a radio shooting off static. He had anticipated this expedition ever since Professor Oak had encouraged him to embark on it, and now, according to the news broadcast he had just listened to, it has all been a waste. The Pokemon that he had wished to research down to their daily rituals had seemed to vanish in to thin air, and the young teen was having a hard time understanding how.

"Simply impossible," he began to say to himself while adjusting his thick glasses, "Pokemon can't disappear into thin air; that completely violates practically all laws of physics. Maybe Arceus... or darn, see Cato, this whole incident has you thinking Gods actually exist."

With a slightly forced smirk, the aspiring Pokemon professor hurried out of the tent. Luckily he had set up camp near the edge of the forest, and even though it was a bit late, from there he could see all the commotion taking place in the heart of Viridian. Buses and cars swerved on the street, and masses of people collected around the Pokemon Center, a great majority of them holding up empty pokeballs. Although Cato never had a feel for the art of Pokemon training, he couldn't help but feel sad for the frantic teens. Or perhaps it was the fact that he could no longer conduct his long-awaited research that triggered his emotions. Oh well, either way this whole situation was posing many new question accompanied by very few answers.

Cato absent-mindedly ran his fingers through his jet-black hair, thinking on what his next move should be. It wasn't in his nature to meddle with other people's problems but in reality, this was his problem as well. He wondered how his fragile and skinny body would react to be being pushed and thrown about by the angry mob.

"Why am I even debating this!?" he suddenly screamed to the heavens, then looked over at a nearby bush. He expected it to rustle and a few Rattata to run away but of course, nothing happened. "I guess they really are gone. Well, it's my duty as an aspiring professor to find out what the heck is going on." With his mind made up, Cato ran down the hill and toward the chaos that was Viridian City, his lab coat rising up behind him in the brisk wind.

Years
  • Fallen Angel: Let's do a practice run in the OOC thread. Post a scenario in that thread and I will join you, and let's practice for awhile. I actually have to get off now, but we can continue it tommorrow. I want to see how good you are at a continous RPing, so go ahead and make a scenario (in the OOC, not this thread).

Gamekrazy: You are pretty good at your skills. Your character is one of my favorites right now, but don't tell anyone. >_>;

Anyway, it's great. I like it. Your sample is good too, and I cannot see much wrong with it other than a dangerously short personality. Oh, and just a little something to add; it would be best that when the transformation is occuring, you'd be becoming a baby kangaskhan. Just something I thought would be neat, but it's your character, so you decide. *Accepted*

IC:

Tom couldn't help but for one feel a sudden halt in his thoughts. He looked at the trainer strangely, as if maybe he was looking at the only living Pokémon. He couldn't help it; the calmness in the teens voice was so out of place in this crumbling world, where everyone else in the room shouted either enraged or in sadness, and here this teen went about with such calm. It was different and wierd. For a moment, he wasn't sure how to react to it.

"Ohhhkay," he said. He knew how he would make his quick exit out of this one. But no, that wasn't going to happen. Another trainer arrived with almost the same calm, and she asked the same question the one he was just talking to asked; busy, huh? Well there were many ways he could respond to that, but there were also many others he could talk to. It wasn't really necessary for him to stay. But he did stay, because at the last minute, he thought, I'm not going to see two like this again. So he turned to the teen girl. She looked a bit around his age, possibly older. "Yeah, it is," Tom answered. "Sorry, but it's my job to ask; what Pokémon are you missing?"

Lash

Years
  • "Yeah dude, every one of them is gone. Never imagined this would happen. The trainers must be taking it pretty hard."

"Yeah. At first I thought it was just here in Johto, but Kanto too? And there has been no word from Sinnoh or Hoenn. So, Adam, how is everything kicking over there in Kant-oh! Ahh!"

A cell phone dropped to the floor. Both ends still connected. The Johto caller began growling, as if he was transforming. On the Kanto end, Adam could hear his Johto acquaintance gasping for air and growling.

"Dude? DUDE? You okay man!? Answer, I hear growli--"

Adam's sentence was interrupted, the Johto ends phone disconnecting.

"Whoa.. Freaky.. Hope he's okay.."

Said Adam, placing his phone in the pockets of his purple vest.

"Guess I better go out to the Pokemon Center, they might have some info on the situation.."

He said again.

He ran his hands through his hair, bring hair down to cover his left eye. Thick rimmed glasses were pushing his hair up though, leaving his left eye visible.

Adam stepped outside of his house, breathing in the clean air of Viridian City. He wandered over to the PokeCenter, not taking his time; The phone call on his mind.

What was that growl.. More importantly, how come there is no Pokemon, or no connections with the other regions?

Adam looked down at the ground while thinking. He was at the PokeCenter, entering the building. His first site was a boy around his age, probably older scribbling info on a paper. Currently, he was asking a girl a question. He began walking over to where the conversation was taking place.

"Hey there! What is going on here? Any info on the Pokemon situation?"

OOC: Wow, short post >_>
    Then again, its the beginning of the RP, pretty sure everything will lengthen later with all the excitement that will be going on, oh what with becoming Pokemon?

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • With a new day and the sun shining, Mike walked down the same route that many young trainers took that led them straight to Viridian City. For many people this was the first step that was taken to become a pokemon trainer. To survive the first sightings of pokemon that were willing to attack any new trainer. MIke heard from the Pallet Town pubic that the pokemon on this route could be tough since the spearows and ratattas were known to be fierce. Mike was kind of surprise since the bidoofs never gave him any troubles on the way to Sandgem and the taillows in Hoenn were very peaceful.

Mike just sighed though since now since New Years, there have been no pokemon anywhere. At first he thought it was like how the news said they were robberies. Mike had no idea if that was true at first since he had no idea how his pokemon were taken from him and all that was left was their pokeballs. Mike trained his pokemon to not be allow to be taken so easily, expectedly his charizard, torterra and absol. Now not even the pokemon on this route would appear just because they were now gone.

Mike just walked straight into the tall grass on the route between Pallet and Viridian without fear of being ambush by stray pokemon, a strange feeling indeed, and looked at the sun. Mike still had to find out something to report back to Professor Rowan even if he can't connect him right now. Mike knew that he might as well collect data on what is going on and see if one thing was still here. The Legendaries.

"Maybe there is a chance." said Mike as he kept on walking down the route. "If not then I am wasting my time but really I guess this is just part of the journey." Mike then looked around him to find no pokemon and said, "No different then before except for one-" Mike decided to not finish the sentance."

MIke knew that it was confirmed that the regular pokemon have gone missing including trainer own but there was no confirmation if the Legendary pokemon like the Legendary Bird Trio were missing. If Mike could find them then maybe something could be found out. Mike had an idea, a vague idea but still an idea. Mike idea was that the Legendary Pokemon may be behind this pokemon disappearance and if he could just find one of them then he could get some answers or at least find out why they weren't affected by this mystery.

Mike took another breath and stepped closer to Viridian City. Mike could already make the outline of the city already and the tall buildings that made up the city. Mike just can't wait to get to the pokemon center and record his findings. He may not have any pokemon but really who did still but the Pokemon Center was still taking anybody that were, and still are, pokemon trainer since all pokemon trainers are basically travelers who need a place to stay. Knowing that, Mike walked forwards to Viridian truely alone for the first time without his pokemon to keep him company.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • They had just arrived in Viridian. The band stumbled through the doors of the Pokémon Center, lead singer heading the pack. Two security guards flanked the performers, dressed typically, black sunglasses and all. Mere moments passed after the rockstars had burst through the doors before the building took on a sickening smell of cigarette smoke. All five band members had a cigarette hanging from their lips, occasionally pausing to bring a pair of fingers up in order to remove the stick from their mouths and exhale. A petite redhead, known by all Pokémon trainers as Nurse Joy, scurried over to the newcomers.

"I'm sorry, you can't smoke in here." Her tone was indeed apologetic. "Please put them out." The boys each dropped their cigarettes to the floor, grinding them out underneath their feet, while the lone girl crossed the room and crushed it into the ashtray. She, unlike her bandmates, did not reek of smoke, but rather carried a pleasant aroma of apples.

"Yo, London." The tallest of the males spoke, a smooth British accent penetrating his voice. "We're gonna take off for a bit, you gonna stay here?" The girl spun around, her smooth black hair whipping behind her.

"Yeah, Reggie, I'm staying. I'll just be in the lobby here, probably." Unlike this 'Reggie' character, she did not have any accent whatsoever in her voice. She flashed the group a smile. "You boys have fun now." As they left with the two bodyguards, she collapsed into a nearby armchair, closing her eyeliner-laced lids. They had nearly half a day before their concert that night, and she intended to be as well rested as possible. It was the final show of their Kanto tour, after all. She could faintly hear the sound of the van starting in the distance.

This girl was not just some run of the mill trainer or tourist. She was London Luscious, the lead singer of one of the biggest bands in Johto. Her ears perked up as she heard her name, responding by cracking one eyelid open. Clearly, the person she was looking at knew who she was. And of course, there were bound to be people in the Center who would recognize her. Her band was on tour. People had heard of them.

Pulling her fishnets up, London brought her legs up to the chair, curling them against her body. Surely her group would be back soon. But for now, she planned on sleeping. At least, that had been her plan. Unfortunately for the rockstar, not everything went as planned. But of course, she knew that. Her stomach released a loud rumble, breaking the silence that she had managed to construct. Looking up, she noticed Nurse Joy giving her a quizzical look.

"Um…do you have food here, ma'am?" London questioned sheepishly, her cheeks flushed pink as she rubbed the back of her head.

"The sign where it says Cafeteria…and don't call me ma'am, it makes me feel old."

London was gone for mere minutes, though her return was announced by the clacking of her heels against the tile. In her hands was plate, atop which sat what appeared to be a piece of apple pie. She sat back down in her armchair before taking a small bite.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    "Yeah, it is," the boy with the notes answered. "Sorry, but it's my job to ask; what Pokémon are you missing?" he asked, ready to jot down whatever Maria would answer.

"A Gardevoir and a Charizard," Maria responded, in the same sweet yet calm manner she did before. It was heartbreaking, to lose your best friends on what was supposed to be a happy day. Maria was brought to tears when she found out, and still was a bit depressed, but was able to hold back any tears a little. Luckily the mention of those two and the memories of her battles didn't cause such emotions to get the better hand of her. It was unlikely that he could help though. They just... Vanished into thin air. Right outside her house, and they vanished. Maria built up a good trust with those two, so it was even more unlikely they would escape.

A person walked to the group, with purple hair that seemed to attract most attention to him (or at least it would, if Nurse Joy wasn't busy tending to all the trainers who were utterly helpless now). Looking slightly younger if not around the same age of the teenage jotting down the notes as Maria told him her two missing Pokemon.

"Hey there! What is going on here? Any info on the Pokemon situation?" He asked, trying to strike up a conversation with a different introduction that Maria and the teenage next to her had done.

The girl didn't bother answering though, wondering what happened to the other Pokemon in the world and the other regions. Did they too, just went "poof" and just didn't exist anymore? What happened to the people there? What about the legendary Pokemon? The digitally-made ones like Porygon? Surely the digital realm would be unaffected, and legendaries such as Lugia couldn't disappear without possibly destroying the world? After all, a couple of legendaries were made to protect Earth incase humans decided to play God for a while. The fact that something didn't happen to the Earth itself left a small piece of hope in Maria, so she turned to the purple-haired kid and decided to answer the last part.

"Hey there... I'm not really sure what happened to the Pokemon myself," Maria answered. Right now, she was confused as much as the scientists who were now dumbfounded, any logic for this being proven wrong over and over again without having to resort to personal beliefs such as religion. And even then, this destroyed some of the lesser-known religions spread throughout the regions. It just was... Weird, to say the least.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Cato came to an abrupt stop when he finally reached the massive crowd outside of the Pokemon Center. People of all ages, sizes and races cried in sorrow as they desperately tried to make sense of the situation. One thing that caught Cato's attention was two beginner trainers fighting over a pokeball, which in all likelihood was probably empty. Still, no one intervened in the fight, and it quickly moved past insults and into fists of fury. Cato was instantly reminded why he chose to distance himself from other.

"Isn't anyone going to stop them?" he asked, although to no one in particular. An officer managed to look his way, in which he pointed toward the fray. Surprisingly, the officer simply shrugged at the two boys— who were now drawing blood— and turned back to controlling the crowd.

"Oh well, I tried," Cato said to himself, not giving the fight a second thought. This was the second time he tried to meddle in other people's business and that was really out of character for him. He proceeded to gently pushing people aside as he neared the Pokemon Center, praying not to start a fight with anyone. Amazingly, he made it through without anybody even glancing his way. Well actually, one really tall guy did, but due to his short height, Cato was left unnoticed. With a smirk, he proceeded to entering the Pokemon Center.

As he neared the door, he couldn't help but notice a girl staring blankly into the sky. She was holding a bag handed to her by another male who had just walked away, so Cato couldn't get a good look at his face. The young girl looked quite attractive in her blue garments, but seemed too lost in her own world to start a conversation. Deciding to move on, Cato pushed the swinging doors and open and entered the center.

The situation was more stabilized inside than outside, but not by much. Trainers huddled together to support one another while others, as from what Cato could tell, were documenting on all lost Pokemon. One of these recorders, although young, was managing three people at once, one of which he recognized as the one who helped the girl from before. Other than that interesting bunch, there was another female who sat in an armchair, eating what looked and smelled like apple pie. By her sheer calm, Cato could tell she was not a Pokemon Trainer. There were a couple of people pointing and staring deeply at her, but Cato just assumed it was for her good looks. Happy to find someone who somewhat had something in common with him— as he too didn't train Pokemon— Cato approached her with an uncanny confidence.

"I apologize for interrupting your meal, but you seem to be the calmest person here, other than Nurse Joy. Can you possibly reveal to me any breakthroughs in this mystery?"

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
    Years
  • The flutter of a rotor filled the air as a helicopter descended upon Viridian's pokécenter. The chopper was a regal blue, adorned on the sides with a famous corporate logo. The pokécenter, as would any large medical facility of they day, had a helipad on the roof. It was for pokécenter use only, of course, strictly off limits to everyone else. Still, the pleasant nurse Joy would likely have accepted it if someone made an emergency landing, or had some other special, noble reason. The helicopter slowly sunk through the air, finally hitting the roof with a thud, hardly audible over the rotor's flapping. One of the doors opened, and a tall figure heaved itself out of the thing, lifting a hand to correct his glasses as he straightened up.

It was not as though he did it out of sadism - he did not park or hinder the treatment of the sick in any way. Neither was it in protest against authority - he already knew he could ignore the law on most points. As Maxwell turned to the pilot and motioned for him to take off, the wealthy ex-trainer did not smile with grim satisfaction or anti-hero ego, but simply because he was no longer cramped up in the cockpit. The pilot stuck his head out and called out over the noise, was Maxwell sure he would not rather go home to the mansion than stay out here? Keeping his grin up, Maxwell replied that he was too hungry to wait another minute. He'd make his way home somehow. "Now go!", he ended his line as he turned around, waving good-bye over his shoulder. Shrugging, the pilot closed the door and took off. Whatever kept him employed.

Normally, this would have been where Maxwell turned to face the grumpy stare of a Chansey nurse - but they, like all others, were gone. It was something akin to a pinch in the heart when he thought of it as he slowly walked down the stairs. He'd often do little things like that out of laze, and pokémon and humans alike had grown used to it - but those Chansey never grew tired of looking at him like some sort of crook. He missed even that. Oh well, he thought, sighing deeply as he made his way down the stairs from the roof to the upper floors, and eventually to the hall. The place was full of people, and Maxwell was for a second reminded of his trainer days, when pokécenters were boiling with activity. The activity of today was a whole lot different, however, and all feelings of nostalgia were quickly replaced with feelings of disgust as he watched the masses of trainers crushed by the weight of their own emotions. "Why don't they just form a suicide cult and end it all?", he thought to himself, though his face did not move as he walked down.

Rather than sulking, Maxwell had decided to take a helicopter and see for himself the world as it was - without pokémon. True enough, he'd not spotted a single one through the whole day. Business partners and enterprises on most of the other continents seemed to have disappeared, as well - he feared that a large percentage of his stocks were now little more than scraps of paper. Still, if only Johto and Kanto remained, the proportional wealth and influence of his family would rise more than a little bit. Still, that wasn't worth losing all of his pokémon. Growling inwardly at his situation, he passed by the mass of trainers in the lobby without paying much attention to them. Though he was rich and famous, he was not exactly a teen idol (and he was happy about that - how horrible it would be, a living that depended on managing your own public relations), and it was hard to tell if anyone even knew who he was. As he walked through the doors to the cafeteria, he hoped that no one did. He despised greedy brown-nosers.

Keeping to himself, he ordered himself a meal, hoping to get at least some proper nostalgia out of this place. It might not be long before pokémon centers would have to start being shut down, after all.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Ash slowly stood up. The entire place was getting crowded and he was hungry. Ash began walking through the crowds of trainers. Who looked so caught up in their emotions that they would form a cult and drink some kool aid. Ash shrugged as he darted past them towards the cafeteria.

The Cafeteria was a crowded place. He slowly waited in line for food and came out with a tray. Ash was glad about the portions. He hadn't eaten in half a day. Ash never really ate anything anymore. Not since Teresa. A shudder went through as as he walked through the Cafeteria. All the tables were full anyway.

Ash began walking through the pokemon center. Many of the crowds of trainers were beginning to stand near the sides. Always talking and laughing. Ash ignored them and looked for a place to sit. The only place that looked worth sitting at was occupied by 2 people. One looked slightly older then him. Her appearance signaled one thing to Ash. Heavy Metal thunder went through his head. Ash was a big heavy metal fan himself. The second person was wearing a lab coat. He looked around Ash's age. Though unlike Ash he seemed to care more about his appearance. He was wearing dress pants which Ash smirked at. He was a stereotypical nerd.

Ash sat down in a recliner opposite the girl. "I apologize for interrupting your meal, but you seem to be the calmest person here, other than Nurse Joy. Can you possibly reveal to me any breakthroughs in this mystery?" The guy said. Ash slowly felt the words digest into his head and finally spoke.

"I don't think that anyone here really knows." Ash said to the guy calmly. "But not like we can't find out ourselves." Ash slowly finished his tray off and placed it on a nearby counter. "Ash Williams." He said sticking his hand out to the one in the labcoat. He liked to break the ice.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • OOC: Wow I have my work cut out for me. Let's see what I can do before a teacher yells at me.

**edit** I wrote this earlier today so... there may just be some confusion... there wern't as many posts this morning.... ToT

IC:/Rayna-Still on the floor.

Rayna blinked, The boy who had handed her back Alex's badges didn't even seem to note that they were from Shinnoh or that the Trainer card was not her own. She stood and her long raven black hair followed her falling off her shoulders like a coal black waterfall, she sighed her chest heaving with the force of her pain and sorrow. "thank you..." she whispered not exactly caring if he heard her or not. As she replaced Alex's affects into his pack she recalled when he had first showed them to her, he had been proud because he had just beaten the Elite Four of Shinnoh and was not Champion, "I can come and go from the League as I please." his memory echoed threw her, "I'll take you one day...." she closed her eyes and allowed the few tears that wished to fall tumble to the ground like perfectly round diamonds. Her heart ached at just the thought of him being gone from her life forever, they had planned out a life together, and when the were apart he always called, every night and every morning. And the letters.... Rayna reached into the red pack and pulled out the bunch of letters she had decided to take with her. The first was dated so long ago that she could scarcely read it, "...With more Love then I have for my Pokemon" That is what he had written. Rayna kissed the faded letter, "I still love you Alex..." she says out loud.

Replacing the letters she pulls out the single MasterBall that Alex had received as a prize for being the only one to beat the Shinnoh Elite Four with only one Pokemon, His trusty Misdreavus which Rayna had been unfortunate enough to meet, That Misdreavus was so jealous of her that she had actually attacked Rayna with a Shadow Ball. If it hadn't been for Rayna's Chatot Carla, who had used Chatter to confuse Misdreavus. Rayna was sure that she would have been killed. After that Alex kept Misdreavus in her Pokeball when he visited, and even then she would get out sometimes and yank on Rayna's hair.

Holding the Masterball close to her chest she opened her deep green eyes and saw the extraordinary amount of people that were gathered inside the Pokemon Center, She could hear many trainers crying over the loss of their Pokemon, she tried not to think about her beloved Chatot's. She didn't wish to cry anymore, she wasn't sure she had any tears left. Holding the Masterball where everyone could see it, she walked over to Nurse Joy, who was talking to a teary eyed Officer Jenny, "Excuse me..." Rayna chokes a sob escaping her, "I was..." she closes her eyes, "I wanted to know... Officer Jenny... have you gotten any-?" she squeezes the Masterball trying to draw strength from it.

"I'm sorry Rayna..." Officer Jenny replies already knowing what Rayna wanted, for Rayna had been asking the same thing for so long now. "But the Police in Shinnoh won't tell me anything about it... however Alex died... they don't want anyone to know about it... not even you." Her voice was kind as always but the pain for more then just the fifty Growlith's she had lost bled threw every single one of her words.

"I thought as much..." Rayna rounds the counter to stand next to the women that she had gotten to know over the year after she had gotten the first letter, "What are we to do?" she asks and takes the hands of the women beside her.

"What can we do?" Nurse Joy asks covering her mouth with a trembling hand, "All of my Chansy's are gone, even the pokemon in intensive care are gone."

Jenny nodded, "It isn't possible, I've even had Team Rocket members come to me and tell me that their pokemon are gone." Rayna sighed, she too had seen Team Rocket members wandering around with Pokeballs in there hands looks of utter sadness on their faces. "What did we do wrong?" She whispered as all three of them held each other. They cried together for a long while until Jenny noticed the Masterball in Rayna's hand, "Was that Alex's?" she asks taking it gently from Rayna's trembling hand.

Rayna nodded her tears flowing down her cheeks slowly, "Alex wanted to use it to catch Arceus. He said that he had seen Arceus before and that his only goal in life..." Rayna giggles despite herself, "Besides Marrying me..." Joy and Jenny both giggle with her, it was a romantic thought and it brought wanted sunshine to the darkness that spread over them, "...Was to catch the God of all Pokemon..." Sighing deep she gently takes the ball from Officer Jenny's hands, "I know Alex, he would have caught Arceuse," she closes her eyes, "Nothing would have kept him from doing so." She presses the button on the front of the Masterball, "I think.. that maybe…." She places a chain on it and hangs it around her neck, "Alex would want me to keep it with me… always." Even minimized the Masterball still seemed to draw attention to her, it was after all a Masterball, an empty Masterball and so very few were still around that Rayna was sure that someone might try to take it from her. Rayna however felt safer with Alex's Masterball around her neck, as though somehow he were protecting her with it from where he was. "I think I'll go and see if anyone around here has found out what happened to all the pokemon." She turns and spies a young Lab assistant enter the Pokemon Center. "I'll talk to you later girls." She said as she waved and walked off her hair waving behind her like a long black ribbon.

When she was in front of the young man she clears smiles, "Hi, um…" she looks at the name tag on his lab coat, "You're a Professor?!" She didn't mean to sound rude but she was surprised that someone so young was already so high up in the ranks of Pokemon study. "I mean…" she blushes, "Excuse me but you seem to have left me slightly flustered." She needed to be on his good side, and she was willing to use flattery if that was what he needed to feel good about him, "I'm Rayna…" she places a delicate finger on his name tag, "and you are… Professor… Cato" She smiled up at him, "I've always liked that name. But you're much to young to be a professor." She swayed herself from side to side awaiting his response, the Masterball between her breasts bounced from one side to the other as she moved accenting what didn't need to be accented.

-Rayna is talking to Cato inside Viridian City Pokemon Center.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Cato casually glanced at the young man that had just sat down next to the girl he was trying to speak to. He too had decided to get a meal to eat, and was chewing rather loudly as Cato awaited the girl's answer. He only been in the center for five minutes and already he was growing bored of social gathering, but yet he tried his hardest to keep a smile on his face. The newcomer seemed to be finishing his meal much faster than the girl, and as soon as he was satisfied, addressed Cato directly.

"I don't think anyone hear really knows," he said rather calmly while taking the last few bites of his meal. "But not like we can't find out ourselves," he suddenly added. What exactly was this guy implying? Without another word, he got up and carried his tray over to a close by counter, after which one of Nurse Joy's helpers retrieved it and brought it back to the cafeteria.

"Ash Williams," the kid said, extending a hand toward Cato.

"Ash," Cato thought deeply to himself, "that sounds very familiar. I think Oak has mentioned that name a few times, but I doubt this is the same person." Cato remained in deep thought until he finally realized that he had been keeping the boy waiting for a few seconds now. Dragged back into reality, Cato looked down at the hand extended towards him. Cato wasn't one to be deliberately rude to someone, but the fact that Ash had cut between him and the girl was enough to set the anti-social boy off. But just as the assistant opened his mouth to make a remark, another person had decided to join the small gathering. Cato could only see the person from the corner of his eye so he couldn't see whoever it was, and therefore was fairly surprised to hear the soothing voice that followed.

"Hi, um... you're a Professor?" said the girl from outside in an astonished tone. Had the lab coat and materials not made the answer to that obvious? Cato would have said something about that if she hadn't blushed, which through him off completely. No girl had ever blushed for him, unless when he had done something embarrassing. Then she took quite the gamble and poked at Cato's name tag, which was given to him directly by Oak. No one, not even Oak's other assistants knew Cato well enough to lay a finger on him. He feared that her finger would leave a smudge on the bronze pin, but her mere presence made him feel so uneasy that he couldn't even manage to mutter a word.

"I'm Rayna... and you are... Professor Cato." She stopped to give a smile that made the lab assistant almost fall to his knees. "I've always liked that name, but you're much too young to be a professor."

Cato glanced back and forth at Ash and Rayna, and occasionally at the second female, who was probably frustrated by all the conversation taking place while she was trying to enjoy some delicious apple pie. Now, he still wanted tell Ash off for interrupting him, but at the same time, didn't want Rayna to think he was a jerk. With a deep sigh, he made up his mind.

"Hello Ash, Rayna. My... uh... name is Cato, as you just stated. So I take it you two are... uh... were Pokemon Trainers?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back