• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky (Revival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • OOC: Okay. It looks like a lot of us have been able to post. In order to not let this drag on here forever, I'm going to go ahead and advance the main plot forward. Those that have not posted should post now (this part is perfect for those in surrounding cities!).

IC:

Currently back and forth was the way of the future. Tom actually believed he was achieving his job well. He had so many written trainers and Pokémon on his little pad that he may even recieve a Red Badge of Courage! He laughed at the thought as 9:00 PM rolled by. Then he came up to the front desk and put down his pen and notepad, announcing that he was done for the day and ready for a well deserved sleep. Nurse Joy however, did not let him go so easily.

"We still need help," she said pleadingly.

Okay, so maybe it was easy for anybody to say no. Not for Tom though. That was not the way he was, and reluctantly, he agreed for more work.

His sister meanwhile was nowhere to be found. She was at the back room writing in her journal. She sat atop a gurney, rested a bit on it, then wrote down some more stuff until she thought she had enough. Then she left quietly without anyone noticing. She made her way to Tom, where she spooked him by popping up right in his face as he wrote for some trainer.

"Boy," she giggled, "This star changed you. You're a little more jumpy than usual."

"Nothing's changed us from within," said Tom impatiently. "Not even the star. Now what do you want?"

"I was just popping by to say hello!"

"Well I'm kind of busy. And you're supposed to be busy too; why aren't you working?"

"It's a small break; like it's going to kill me."

"Just get to work, will you?"

"You got it brother!"

But she did not get to work. She met with Nurse Joy and said she was done. Nurse Joy let her leave, and without consulting her brother any more than she had, she left the building. She ran full speed for home, laughing all the way. Then she realized how much trouble she would end up in by showing up at home so late, and not with her brother. No, that wasn't such a good idea anymore. So she took a detour through the trees.

She knew how to navigate herself in the forested area. She had run through it so many times just to get away, and has even written about it in her journal. It used to be a nice getaway because of all the Pokémon she would meet. Now it seemed more dark and eerie, and less welcoming. Still, this was her spot. Nothing would pull her away from what was hers. She would write in her spot. The best part was that she had a good view of the road while she hid behind the trees. Her brother always left for home through that patch of walkway in the distance, so when Tom would go home, she would know. She waited right there for a long time. Nothing happened. Everything was quiet. Until, she heard something from behind her.

She turned briskly, looking to see what made the noise. The thing about the sound that made her so jumpy was how it was made; it was a rustle of leaves. The last time she had heard such things were when Pokémon were actually around. Had she made some discovery?

Yes, she had. But it was not the discovery she had in mind.

She bravely made her way through the forest. At the very end, she discovered a tunnel. She had never seen the place before. At first, she was scared. But it seemed to call her name. There was a beautiful scent and music that blew hard from the tunnel. She took an easy step forward. Not too long after that, she trekked downwards into the deep.

--

At 11:00 at night, Tom was finally ready. Nurse Joy saw it in him that he was freakishly tired and almost falling to sleep. He nearly fell on a trainer telling him what he needed to know.

The good thing was that the situation was much calmer. Someone had turned on the TV in the corner in hopes of getting more news on the phenomena, and it seemed to be working. All the anchor said was that there were no leads of where the Pokémon of Kanto and Johto had gone, but it still quieted the people. It most likely made them feel as if they now knew so much more than those other unfortunates out in the wilderness when it happened and such.

Tom went home with a heavy headache. He kept his hand to his forehead, and upon arriving home, he grabbed an icepack and headed for his room. He rested there, feeling so much more revived. Now he could sleep. As much as he really wanted to believe that though, his parents had other ideas for him. They barged right in to his room and practically shouted.

"Where is Amanda?!" and other cries of alarm were heard from the two. Tom figured the rest of the family had gone home.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "What?"

"Your sister!" Mr. Rivor shouted. "Where is she?"

Tom was left dumbfounded. He did not answer.

"We have to find her!" panicked Mrs. Rivor. "I'll get the car and call Gregory; Tom!" - (to which Tom reacted with 'huh' dumbly) - "I want you to go look for your sister; you know where she hangs out."

One look out the window made him shiver. Though there was no blizzard, snow storm, or even soft snow falling, it was still around 25 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Yeah, it was cold, and he was tired. The last thing on his mind was to go back outside. Yet, somehow, he agreed. He found himself outside in the cold once again and walking down the sidewalk.

Tom knew where to look. He had seen his sister go to the place several times before. If he knew anything about her, it would be that she was at that one spot.

He cut through the trees and deeper onto a much more snow filled path. He found his sisters footsteps. He knew he was on track. Quietly, he followed them. Only, once he was led to where she usually spent her time, she was nowhere to be found. Her footsteps continued further. Tom found it peculiar. He stood his ground for a short time and would have stayed there longer had he not heard his sister scream. He was sure it was her voice; it came from where the footsteps lead.

Without another word, Tom chased right after the steps and deeper into the forest. "Amanda!" he shouted, but she did not scream again. He followed the footsteps all the way to the end, where there was placed a tunnel. The footsteps lead in there and disappeared.

As much as Tom did not want to go through any dark tunnels, that was his sister who had screamed. He had to act. But just as he made his first step through the cave opening, something happened. A force completely unexpected lashed out at him. It felt like a punch in all parts of his body and literally threw him a few feet back against a tree.

--

What Tom was unaware of was that at that very moment, the force had not only hit him. It grew in large diameter and engaged further out. The invisible force hit the streets and turned over a few cars, tossed a few pedestrians, and broke a large amount of windows the further it got. Later, after what would be an hour, the diameter would reach all of Kanto and Johto.

And thus, the trigger to an unforeseeable change began.

--

It had hurt. Tom got up feeling cramps all over his body. Everything was in pain. And worse; his headache was back.

He shouted to the sky. Shouting wouldn't help; he knew. After he calmed a little, he looked back at the entrance to the cavern. It looked far more evil than it had before. Then, he saw something more. The opening; it was sinking to the ground! Not quickly, but slowly. He saw the ground eating it little by little. Give or take, it would be about 40 minutes before it was completely gone based on how big it was.

Tom had to get in there to save his sister. She was somewhere down there! But how would he get her out? What if whatever was down there would take him too? He needed help, but who would help him now? The world was doomed!

But then an idea struck. All day, he had been stuck in a Pokémon Center. All day, he had heard so many cries. But not all trainers had been in pain. There were a few that were not so very hurt by the outcome; if he could get to those people and have them join him, help him save his sister, it would make it that much easier. He had to find those people fast.

In a rush, he ran for the Pokémon Center. He knew how precious time was now.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • MIke finally made it to Viridian CIty and in the perfect time too, dinner time. Still Mike didn't realize how tired he was now that he was traveling alone. Mike never really traveled alone since he always had a pokemon out with him when he travel. He had plans originally to let absol out of her pokeball to travel along with him before the events that happen on New Years. Now Mike was alone in his travels without any pokemon to keep him company.

Mike walked into the pokemon center and could see that many trainers were there making it their place of residence. THe place was packed with people. Some were crying while others just sat alone trying to find comfort with themselves. Mike could really feel for them since he missed his own pokemon too but knew that it did no good to cry about them. Still these were younger trainers while Mike had eight years of experience to know how to deal with situations like this.

Mike walked up to the front desk and was greeted by the common Nurse Joy. "Hello. Are you a pokemon trainer too?"

Mike nodded and said, "Yeah, I am. My name is Mike Anone from the Sinnoh region doing research for Prof Rowan. I just wondering but is there any place I can stay here? I would stay at a hotel but with the recent events I can't really throw money around since I don't have access to my bank accounts."

"Oh! The Sinnoh Region." said the Nurse Joy in surprise. The Nurse Joy then nodded and said, "I guess we do have a room for you. Not much but we could come up with something." The nurse looked at the computer and said, "We do have one. Still before I can assign the room I am going to need to ask what pokemon are you missing."

Mike sighed and just said, "A lot of them. Eight years worth of them."

The Nurse Joy looked at MIke and then said, "Ok? Umm..how about the pokemon that you had with you then?"

Mike nodded and said, "Ok. I guess that would do then. I am missing a Torterra, a Charizard and an Absol. THose were the only three pokemon I brought with me to Kanto."

The Nurse Joy nodded and said, "Thank you. Well we just need that for recording processes in case we do actually find the pokemon."

Mike nodded. He knew that the nurse was only saying that to comfort trainers but Mike knew better then that. Mike then heard his stomach growl and then said, "Well thank you. I guess for now I just make myself at home and get some food. Thank you."

Mike then left the nurse to deal with a bunch of trainers that came what seemed like crying to her about their problem. Mike could hear some of them asking if there was any new news on the missing pokemon. Mike didn't really want to listen to the nurse response and just walked though the doors into the cafeteria.

Mike glided though the crowd of trainers that were making noise. Mike did prefer the quietness for dinner but really he knew that pokemon center cafeterias were the best place to gather any news about anything. He had to admit the best information he receive was overheard.

Mike just looked around and took a seat on an edge of a table. He was away from a bigger crowd of trainers but he just began to eat his food trying to see if he can find any information about what happen to the pokemon and if there have been any Legendary Pokemon sightings.

Mike took a sip of his soup and then heard a young teen's voice asking a girl that he saw the side of her head. The pair was only a few seats away from Mike but he couldn't help to notice the girl since she stood out the most with her extremely dark black hair and clothing with a lot of eyeliner around her eyes. If this girl was a pokemon trainer then she was a very punkish trainer. Still the young man speaking to her said, "I apologize for interrupting your meal, but you seem to be the calmest person here, other than Nurse Joy. Can you possibly reveal to me any breakthroughs in this mystery?"

Mike just sat there seeing if this girl had anything to offer. Still something strange happen. Mike couldn't explain it any better then a series of punches hitting every inch of his body rapidly. Mike began to shake and soon the moment was over. Mike didn't know what but he just looked at the girl he was looking at before and felt that something bad was going to happen to her but he couldn't get a clear look at her because he was still feeling the effects from the moment before.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    ((Eh, I never really was good with personalities. I was intending to have him turn into a fully grown Kangaskahn, but you brought up an interesting idea. I may have him turn into a child, but it all depends on how the RP goes.))

Yuuki was just entering Viridian City limits, flipping open the screen of his new pokedex, before closing it shut again, repeating this process over and over. He wondered if he would be ever able to make use of the item, as pokemon had seemed to have vanished off the face of the planet.
    That was part of the reason he was able to go into the city, convincing his parents that the forest was safe to go through because there were no pokemon currently inhabiting it. He was partially worried about his brother. He had been almost five hours late, and usually by then he had called on his pokegear or something to notify them that there would be a delay, but no word from him had arrived. This, coupled with the fact that pokemon had vanished, were making Yuuki feel uneasy, and so he had set out to Viridian city, the place his brother had to be coming from to get to pewter (because it was the only way to connect to Jhoto, besides the train of course.)

Yuuki came upon the pokemon center, seeing that it was largely crowded with people who had lost their pokemon to this strange disappearance. He felt sorry for them, knowing that most of them had just lost very good friends of theirs, but was unable to really know how they felt, never having a pokemon of his own.

The doors of the pokemon center slid open as he entered, and tried his best to maneuver his way through the crowds. Still flipping the pokedex screen open and closed (it was beginning to become a habit), he looked around for any sign of what might be his brother, as this was one of the main stops he would have made before heading back to Pewter City.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Ash noticed the girl from before introduce himself to the scientist.

"Hello Ash, Rayna. My... uh... name is Cato, as you just stated. So I take it you two are... uh... were Pokemon Trainers?" He said. I shrugged

"You could say that." Ash said to Cato. Slightly laughing. Ash stood up and looked around. Then he walked towards the girl. "Are you alright?" He asked her. He shrugged and began walking towards the entrance of the pokemon center.

Ash noticed a guy walk into the pokemon center. He was blond and wore brown clothes. "Hello there." Ash said to him in a friendly tone. Then it happened. The force hit Ash straight in the face. He stumbled slightly from the strength and almost fell over. Ash looked around and saw many of the other trainers feel the same thing. Ash had a very bad feeling as he straightened himself.

"Did you feel that?" Ash asked the boy.

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
    Years
  • ((OOC: Wasn't expecting to try the first post so soon... but I'll see what else I can squeeze out before waiting too long. Hope I understood right though.))

A few minutes after ten 'o clock P.M. No big deal; Aryn was used to staying up late. It was usually because of having a hard time getting to sleep in the first place. The memories have truly never died as long as she wore the necklace. This time she was attempting to take a walk with her free time to clear her mind... however, this method was not working much as well. Whenever she didn't hear former trainers, coordinators, breeders, and even the gym leader, sobbing pitifully, she would walk past a certain area that seemed to play back memories of her beloved older sister from her childhood. It was so clear that it seemed like a movie projector, and she even found herself staring blankly at basically nothing. A cold wind brushed past her, making her shiver quite a bit. She hated the cold. Aryn tried to pull her long, thick, and stiff black coat closer about herself, but it was as high as it can go. She suddenly sneezed quite loudly, and it made her head jerk forward slightly. She kept one hand on the white frame of her big and square glasses so they would not fall to the ground and break. Sniffing quickly as a natural reaction to the sneeze, she wordlessly continued her walk, this time towards Mt. Moon, pulling down her white baseball cap before doing so.

---

Within a few minutes of steady walking, she had arrived at the mouth of the cave. It was dark and uninviting, as usual, but unless you were incredibly afraid of the dark, there is nothing to be afraid of at all. It was still hard to believe the pokemon pulled a 'Houdini' and vanished. This was where one of the most chaotic memories took place, and it was all because of pokemon.

The light coating of snow on the ground crunched beneath her feet as she walked into the cave. It was dead silent, save for her footsteps echoing slightly on the rocky ground, and the few water drops that seem to frequently drip from the stalagmites dangling above her head on the cave ceiling. This cave used to be packed with pokemon... swarms of Zubats, plenty of Geodudes encased in the ground, disguised as normal rocks; Even maybe a Clefairy if fate would allow the encounter. Aryn jumped slightly when she heard small pebbles roll on the ground, but then sighed inwardly, and shifted her eyes to the view of her sneakers. She was the cause of making herself jump. Staring a moment, she wordlessly pushed up her glasses again as they continue to slide from her nose, and turned around to walk out. Honestly, what was I expecting? A pokemon to suddenly appear and laugh like it was a joke? She thought sarcastically as she continued walking to make her way back towards Pewter City.

---

She had made it back to Pewter in a slightly longer amount of time. It was probably almost eleven 'o clock, or a few minutes past by now. She continued walking and following the direction that the sidewalks lead her, lost in thoughts.
    Not like I'm some pokemon expert but, it's only natural that I wonder what the heck could have happened. I never imagined everything to seem so empty without pokemon, and I have never had my own.

Her thoughts were briefly interrupted as she passed by a group of trainers that were weeping almost uncontrollably, complaining, or wishing that they could find their so-called 'beloved partners'. She glared in their direction for a moment as she walked by, a bitter expression on her face. Get over it... family is far more important she thought bitterly to go with her facial expression, that passed surprisingly quick. Aryn failed to understand how they could consider pokemon 'family'. She could understand that people can come to love pokemon, but she doesn't believe it's the same. All she knows is that pokemon were strange creatures that could fight with different abilities, and what with the talk of these 'God-pokemon'... hard to believe as well. She probably believed it without thinking anything else of it when she was a child, but now... well, things change. She could think of a bitter thought to almost anything without much effort.

She came to an abrupt stop at the new sight ahead of her; Viridian Forest. The sight seemed to be more peaceful, or maybe only because suddenly the town was silent. Many people were probably in their homes or the Pokemon Center to rest so late at night. Aryn took a few moments to stare blankly into the darkness of the forest, even letting her glasses slip down as they do. "We used to... play in here too..." She said slowly, holding back as much sadness as she possibly could. This doesn't seem to get old. She was slightly regretting for allowing herself to reminisce so often. She pushed up her glasses one more time as she looked at her necklace still around her neck. She brought up her hand so it rested in her palm, then slowly clenched her hand around it.

Aryn released the necklace charm as she was brought out of this sad state suddenly... she thought she heard a voice echo through the sky, seeming to come from far beyond the forest. Soon after, she looked that the home a distance away from her, closest to the forest. It's windows cracked suddenly one by one, then they all shattered from front to back. Her eyes widened at what suddenly happened, but didn't have much time to respond as this invisible force cracked her glasses suddenly, and it felt like she was forcefully hit from a two-ton boulder. She could only muster a gasp as a response before literally being flipped in the air, only to land straight on her back. Aryn winced as she tried to lean upwards, but couldn't bring herself to move. Her whole body had extreme pain all of a sudden, but what felt worse was her entire skull, not just her forehead or anything. She could somehow bring a hand up to her head and place it there firmly, as if that would calm the worse-than-throbbing pain. She cursed to herself under her quick breaths. Her chest felt like it was being crushed. Where's a painkiller pill when I need it?!

A few moments after that thought, the pain seemed to subside for the most part. She slowly managed to get up, despite her back still hurting quite a bit. She'll probably be feeling that for a while. She was bewildered at what just happened. Was all that pain from when she landed on her back? It doesn't seem that simple... but then, what on earth could have 'pushed' her like that to cause that to happen in the first place? Aryn couldn't leave this. It's not normal. Aryn cursed again silently through gritted teeth as the images before her were now hard to make out through the cracks in her glasses. She removed them and shoved them in her pocket, and adjusting her cap so it was slightly tighter before dashing into the forest, hoping her astigmatism would not hinder her too much. It was hard to even hope that since her first steps on the new terrain made her stumble a bit already. However, Aryn didn't care, and continued on.

Something happened near Viridian, it has to have come from there. I'm most likely going to kick myself for getting even a little involved...

Last edited:

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
    Years
  • Maxwell absent-mindedly stuck a fork in his mouth, stretching his upper lip in a bored fashion. It had been a generous serving, even though the food was of the quality you'd expect of a government institution. Still, he'd finished it quickly and grown bored of the cafeteria even quicker. He realized that playing with a fork did nothing for his refined image, but he was too bored to care. Trying to kill time by eavesdropping on random conversations had turned out to be a complete failure - most people were crying over their lost pokémon, and the rest were having moderately to extremely boring talks about things that didn't interest him at all. Sighing, he dropped his fork and leant on his elbows. It wasn't like there was anyplace better to go. Viridian was small, the lands outside deserted, and any stores that might normally have been open would likely be closed now that everyone was busy with their depressions. Bah.

All of a sudden, Maxwell heard a faint thud. Leaning to the side, he found that his wallet had fallen out of his pocket. He grabbed the table for stability and bent down to retrieve it. He picked it up and was just about to sit back up when it happened. There was the sound of glass breaking, and before he could move he was flung head-first into the table edge. When Maxwell's head finally stopped spinning, he found himself on the floor right beside the table. "I'm glad I took the fork out", was his first thought, even though he was aching all over - he could spot a few people who hadn't been so lucky. Thankfully, Maxwell himself had avoided getting any blood on him. Collecting his glasses from beside him on the floor - they were not made out of real glass - he heaved himself up from the floor and returned to his seat. Dusting himself off, he began to clean his glasses as he watched the confusion in the room.

Clearly, only some sort of shockwave could have caused this kind of chaos. However, he had a hard time believing that a normal shockwave could have travelled straight through a wall like this one must have done. Something interesting had just happened, and he'd definitely have to look into it later... once the numbing pain in his head had ceased. Putting his glasses back on, he lightly touched the bump in his forehead. Ouch.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • "I apologize for interrupting your meal, but you seem to be the calmest person here, other than Nurse Joy. Can you possibly reveal to me any breakthroughs in this mystery?"

London looked up, meeting eyes with a male...one she would have considered a geek back during her high school days. He was short for a boy, probably around the same height as her. A pair of thick-rimmed glasses sat on the bridge of his nose. He was wearing a lab coat, and carrying an assortment of scientific tools, leading London to believe that he was either a professor, or an assistant of sorts. However, his hairstyle was a bit out of place. His short, ebony hair was gelled back. It was a hairdo that their guitarist often wore during performances. London couldn't help emitting a small giggle. Before she could respond, however, another boy interjected his thoughts.

"I don't think that anyone here really knows. But not like we can't find out ourselves." The boy then crossed the room to place his tray on the closest counter. "Ash Williams." At that, he thrust his hand forward, offering it to the boy whom had initially spoken to London. The professor-boy seemed not to like this abrupt introduction. While he stood, mulling over the new boy's words, yet another girl came up to the group and began to flirt with the professor. London rolled her eyes as she took another bite of pie. It wasn't like this professor could give her anything of use anyway. All the Pokémon were gone, what did she expect to gain from her slutty display of flirtation?

It was then that a boy entered, sitting off in a different section by himself. Once or twice, London's eyes connected with his, and briefly, she wondered if he recognized her. It was possible, after all. Before she could react to anything more (she had tuned out the conversation the girl had begun flinging herself at...Cato. She did catch his name), she felt her body almost implode upon itself. Every inch of her felt like it was pressing firmly against her bones and organs. She clutched the end of the table and squeezed her eyes shut. When the feeling subsided, she was left with one lingering reminder of her previous experience. She had an insane headache. London stood, placing her pie plate atop the same counter where the then-newcomer had put his tray. Rather than exit altogether, she took a seat across from the boy who sat in solitude.

"Hey," she began softly, giving him a smile. "I would have asked you to join us, but..." she gestured to the girl and Cato, giggling lightly. "I'm London." At that, she extended her hand across the table, her elbow resting firmly on the table. She was still slightly dizzy from the pain she had just experienced, but she wasn't about to bombard this boy with stories he most likely didn't want to hear. After all, she was the only one who had had this weird sensation...right?

OOC: In case it's unclear, she's talking to Mike. xD;

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Mike was fighting over the headache and pain that he was feeling. Things were a bit blurry for him. Mike finally looked away from the girl that he was watching and waiting for a response but it seemed like it wasn't coming. Mike just took another quick look at her direction and saw that a few others had joined her. MIke then looked away and just enjoyed his dinner alone with the noise.

"Guess I can't get anything good from here or at least them." said MIke. He just dipped his bread into the soup and dropped some of the side rice into it. Mike then just countinue to eat his dinner.

What was that feeling Mike felt earlier. He never felt anything like that before in any of his travels. The strangest thing he ever felt before was the feeling he receive back on Sky Pillar but that could be because that place was so high up and also because it is kind of consider like something like holy ground for Mike.

Mike would have continue to think more about this feeling he received a few minutes ago but soon his train of thought was broken by a soft voice. "Hey."

Mike looked up and saw that the girl he was looking at earlier had made her way to the seat in front of MIke. The girl gave Mike a very warm smile, or at least he thought it was warm, and said, "I would have asked you to join us, but..." The girl then gesture in the direction she was sitting originally. Mike looked over there and saw that the young boy in the lab coat had a girl talking to him. The girl seemed like she was alienating him from anybody else and Mike thought it was pretty strange but knew it was kind of just pointless to hold a conversation with them. The girl then began to introduce herself, "I'm London."

Mike looked at London and took a very good look at her. Mike had never seen London before in his life but something in him felt like he should know her. He had no idea how to explain this but since this girl took the time to walk over here and sit with him then Mike might as well just talk with her and start some sort of conversation. The girl even offered her hand but her elbow was on the table.

Mike moved his meal to the side so he can place his elbow on the table so he could shake her hand too. Mike then took her hand and said, "The name is Mike." Mike then looked around to see that even it was so late that there were still a lot of people here. Mike then said to London, "It is pretty loud in here don't you think? For a pokemon center and all." Mike still had this headache and ache a bit but he was hoping it was from the long trip that he took alone to Viridian.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • "It's nice to meet you, Mike," London said with a smile. After they had shaken hands, she returned her arm to her side of the table, placing her head in her other palm. Her head was still throbbing with pain.

"It is pretty loud in here don't you think? For a pokemon center and all." London nodded in response. Indeed, it was extremely loud, whether from the hysterics that trainers were in, or from the flirting coming from the next table over. Either way, the noise was sending reverberations of pain up and down her body.

"Yeah, it's really loud. And it doesn't help that I've got this killer headache." She laughed at this. "Though, I'm sure it's because of the recent Pokémon disappearance...most of these people are trainers, after all..." By Mike's appearance, she guessed that he, too, had been a trainer. Inwardly, she cursed herself for ever bringing the subject up. Trainers tended to develop strong bonds with their Pokémon, and she was sure Mike was saddened by his loss. She decided not to say anything further regarding the matter.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Lee Hallows - Wandering In Viridian City

Depression clouded my thoughts as I walked down a major street, still searching. I was tired, I'd not slept well, not since my companion had mysteriously gone missing last night. One minute he was there and the next...gone. I'd searched for ages until I couldn't keep myself awake, however the little sleep I had got was so fitful, I was still feeling tired. Only a desperation to find my conpanion kept me searching, a tiny hope that he might just be hiding from me, playing a trick or that he truly needed my help.

My day had been full of wandering, hoping that around the next corner, behind the next alley, I even began looking in the rubbish bins in the alley ways, which had got me some funny looks from a few of the residents. I stopped at the Viridian Pokemon Centre around about midday and quickly found out that my Sneasel going missing, wasn't just a localized case. It seemed that just about everyone had thier pokemon gone missing. Amazing what you find out when depression starts giving way to desperation. As I made my way around the crowd looking for something to eat, I was suprised at the variety of people all together, all grieving in thier own ways. Eventually I found somewhere and watched the different people all around. What had everybody had done to recieve such wrath? Why today? Have the gods forsaken us? These thoughts reoccured over and over in my head, for the next few hours as I made my way back to the hotel.

My father was waiting for me back in the room back in the hotel. The grief like on many faces was strong and fresh. He turned to me and in a shaky voice said just one word "Heretic?"

I stood in front of him, rather ashamed "Missing"

My father sighed, shaking his head in despair "...Son...I'm sorry but you must come with me"

I immediately became suspectious. "Where to?"

I could tell by my father's look, it wasn't going to be good "Into the protection of the Shining Spirit..."

I was shocked, the order that my father belonged to were trying to ensnare me in again. And now my own father was trying to. Sure, I believed in Arceus and other Legendaries being gods....but I didn't necessarily agree to the Shining Spirit's version of things...

Very quickly, a heated argument ensued, with my father trying to convince me that today's events were proof that I needed protection from forces beyond my control and myself countering with my need of freedom, the fact I "wasn't a baby anymore" and the rather poor state of my grandfathers mental health with a quick snappy comment on how people from Sinnoh seemed to be weird.

Eventually the argument grew to a head. "Arceus be damned that I'm rotting with grandfather in that dingdy hole he calles a sanctum" I was getting angry, and starting to curse a bit.

My father was getting angry too, by the sound of his voice "Lee, Don't use Arceus' name in vain!"

I snapped back quickly as I began to walk out of the hotel "Why shouldn't I?"

I walked out, anger written on my features, heading for the one of themost quiet spots in town now...The park. And when i got there, I sighed and sat under a tree watching and thinking.

Watching the sun set...
    Watching the sky turn from dusk to twilight...
    Watching the stars come out one by one...

And all the time...thinking, thinking about the events that had so far transpired today. Wondering why all of what happened did. Wondering what tomorrow might bring. Wondering if Heretic, my sneasel was fine, whereever he may be.

After a time, I stood up. It was definitely dark now and the bustle of the day had died off. I started to head back to the hotel when I realised that my father would be there. The thought of having to see him again so soon after that big argument was not very appealling at all but where could I go that would be awayfrom me. Then I noticed the lights around the pokemon and realized. The Pokemon Centre! The perfect place to go, his father wouldn't look there if he searched or so I hoped.

The short trip from the park to the pokemon Centre was uneventful, a welcome change to most of the day, but as I made it there, I was suprised at how busy the Centre was still. Lots of people were still there, some grieving, others watching a set up TV that was showing reports of recent events. As I entered and walked towards the cafeteria, I pondered again at the variety of people here. But this thought was suddenly cut of with sudden with sounds of breaking glass and a massive force smashing me into the wall just behind me. As the pain of hitting my back against a wall exploded through me, a crushing sensation quickly gripped me somewhat similar to being hit by mallets, everywhere, at the same time. I gritted my teeth at the pain and then like that it sensation passed, leaving me a little disorientated and my body aching and sore.

After picking myself up slowly, I shambled over to the nearest free seat I could find. Althought the feeling that had washed over me was seemingly gone a deep ache was still there, and the impact of the wall had left my back sore and the back of my head aching badly. I counted my blessings there and then that such an inpact haven't knocked me out.

Now there was really one thing I could do, and that was pray, and hope that nothing else bad would happen.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • "You could say that," Ash replied with a slight laugh.

For a second or so, Cato felt bad for asking the question so carelessly, but it didn't take long for him to dismiss his feelings. Before Cato could make a response of his own, Ash seemed to become distracted by the commotion in the Pokemon Center again. Without warning, he stood up and walked over to the entrance. As Cato eyed him, his eyes fell upon the punkish girl again, who was giggling to herself.

"I knew coming here was a bad idea," he thought to himself, wishing the night would just speed up. He didn't even notice when the girl had turned away from the conversation and was focusing on a newcomer, who could easily tower over Cato's small frame.

It seemed like nothing could knock the assistant out of his deep contemplations. Well, almost nothing. Out of no where, glass all around the Pokemon Center shattered and the ground rattled in a weird way; it didn't shake all at once so it couldn't possibly be an earthquake, which weren't even frequent in Kanto in the first place. When the force reached Cato, he felt the air tighten around him and energy surged through his body. He gagged from the lack of oxygen and as his knees suddenly buckled, he fell hard on his back, sending his thick glasses soaring in Rayna's direction. He could only hope that she managed to catch them before the force overpowered her as well.

It took him a few seconds to recover, even after the weird sensation had subsided. He moaned as he struggled to sit upright and squinted his eyes to get an idea of the situation. Unfortunately, his eyesight was much too damaged for him to see a thing.

"Hey Rayna, are you okay? If so, can you pass me my glasses?" he asked, trying to sound as worried as possible. In truth, his years or solitude didn't allow him to feel much sorrow for anyone, but if that helped him get his glasses sooner, so be it.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • "It's nice to meet you, Mike," said London with a smile after Mike had introduced himself. She then place her palm in her head which Mike thought that she was either tired or just in pain in some way. Mike wonder if she too felt something earlier. Still London just replied back with a simple nod to the other comment that Mike made about the Pokemon Center being loud.

"Yeah, it's really loud. And it doesn't help that I've got this killer headache." said London with a simple laugh. Mike just smiled back from this comment. At least somebody in this center wasn't depressing to look at and really that what Mike needed after the long trip from Pallet Town. London then just said, "Though, I'm sure it's because of the recent Pokémon disappearance...most of these people are trainers, after all..."

Mike nodded and said, "Yeah. I guess I can't blame them. I may have reacted the same too a few years ago too." Mike then just sighed as he tuned out the noises of the rest of the center. Mike then finished the remaining of his dinner and said, "Really I can feel for them since I am, or at least in some since was, a trainer." Mike then paused wondering if those were the right words. Mike didn't felt like he isn't a pokemon trainer since really that wasn't his main occupation but it didn't mean he wasn't close to them like a real one.

Mike still could feel this headache and was wondering where it was coming from. He could have guess that it was from the long and difficult traveling he did today since the route between Pallet and Viridian isn't long but still it felt long and tiring doing it alone without any of his pokemon. Still this girl, London, was also suffering from a headache too. Mike guess that maybe she wasn't use to having so much noise in one place and really any kind of noise was unwelcome when you have a headache. Mike then got up and said, "How about we go outside? I mean no noise is nice when you have a headache right and I am not feeling up to staying in a noise place right now." Mike then lifted his tray to dump it in to the container and walked around to offer his hand to help London up, "How about we head outside for some fresh air to clear our minds?"

Trainer Kat

Years
  • "Yeah. I guess I can't blame them. I may have reacted the same too a few years ago too." After this sentence, Mike sighed and began to finish his dinner. London winced. So he was, or had been, a trainer. Instantly, she felt bad for her earlier remark. Certainly he didn't need to be reminded of the disappearance of his Pokémon...the scars that he surely carried were probably more than enough of a reminder. She decided she would apologize to him when the time was right. It was the end of their conversation for a few moments, that is, until he spoke once more.

"Really I can feel for them since I am, or at least in some since was, a trainer." She had been right. Whether or not he was training them at the moment he lost them, he had once owned Pokémon. Having never owned Pokémon herself (well, besides Igglybuff, but she had been on tour for most of the Pokémon's life), London didn't know exactly how he felt. Though, she figured that she had not felt too different when she lost her best friend. Thinking too hard on this matter only sent pain coursing through London's skull.

"How about we go outside? I mean no noise is nice when you have a headache right and I am not feeling up to staying in a noise place right now." After this, he stood, dumping out whatever he had left on it, before returning and offering his hand to London. "How about we head outside for some fresh air to clear our minds?" She had to admit, fresh air sounded fantastic at this moment. The Pokémon Center was clogged with trainers, and the immense amount of body heat that was being released had made the building quite warm.

"Yeah, some fresh air would be fantastic," she replied, grasping his hand and flashing him yet another smile as she pulled herself into a standing position.

Years
  • Tom made it to the streets but had to catch his breath. He coughed and tried to catch himself, but felt the immense throb of his headache once more and was forced to continue on. He looked at the middle of the road as he ran and felt even more cold than the tempreture stated.

He had not known how the cars ended up the way they were. While most were simply pushed against each other, there were a few that were overturned with people staggering out. As he passed the intersection, he even found a bus on its side which had landed upon a weaker car. People were being helped out of the bus while others were comforting the driver of the car it landed on. All of these side stories he would have to put on hold for later; even the major broken glass on the street wouldn't stop him from running. Just up ahead was the Pokémon Center. He burst in, and it was then that he realized he didn't even know how he was going to ask for help.

He ran straight towards the counter and right in front of Nurse Joy. He practically screamed at her. "I need help!"

"Hey, it's you—,"

"No time! My sister; she's in danger!"

"Where is she? Was she hurt by that sonic blast from awhile ago?"

"No! You got to help! It's falling under the ground; she might not have enough time!"

"I'll send someone from the hospital over," she said. "Where is she? Is anything hurt?"

"You don't understand; she's in some tunnels, and it's sinking under the ground! I need to get some help from you, or other's here. Please, I need you to send some people with me now! Call people from the speaker or something!"

"This one isn't working. The only one that is is in the backroom."

Or at least it was. Not a moment later, the microphone to the said speaker broke right through the wall behind Joy and was clasped tightly in Tom's hand. Now it was broken and dismantled. For a long while, neither Tom nor Joy said a word. They looked where it had come from and saw the several walls it had broken just to lie on his hand. Tom let it drop like it was poison. He was creeped out. He didn't want to touch it. And of course, this obviously meant there was no loud speaker to get any others.

Rather than staying put, he ran to the nearest room to his left. It was a cafeteria. There were a lot of trainers in the area talking about other affairs. Whether they were important or not, Tom didn't care. Whether they would listen or not, Tom still didn't care.

And so, knowing that he already was out of his own character range, he shouted.

"I need help over here!"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Ash was still slightly disoriented from the blast.

"You know Ash. Why don't you get a hat? Your hair screams that it needs something covered."

"I should have known that you would be standing out here...."

"ASH! A.....sh..."
    Ash heard a loud buzzing noise in his ears that stopped shortly after

"I need help over here!"

Ash heard a scream coming from the cafeteria. He quickly bolted towards there. He saw the recorder from before. He looked very scared and very worried. The recorder looked like he had been running for a long time and had absolutely no help at all. Ash felt his sense of justice kicking in as he ran in his direction. "Whats going on?" He said making it to him. "Anything I can help with?"

Years
  • "My sister!" Tom shouted. "She needs help!"

Tom proceeded to give the details he remembered, from when he was called to look for her and from what he had found. Even when and where the force had come, still not knowing that this is what caused so many people pain. He finished by telling him how he got to the Center, but he left out the part about the wall. It was not something whoever this person was needed to know.

"I heard her scream; if your an experienced trainer, you'd be a great help. I don't know what's going on, but I don't care! I—can you help me?" He was a little better at keeping his emotions in check. The time was passing, and control was easing. If whoever this trainer was decided not to help, he could always try to persuade him the usual way. He was good at persuasion. Especially when he really wanted something.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Ash listened to his details. Especially cringing about the earth swallowing his sister. The only pokemon he ever heard of that could do something like that was possibly an Onyx or a very powerful Dugtrio. Even then it would be difficult. Ash once owned a ground pokemon but he couldn't remember what it was. He traded it for an Abra afterwards

"I heard her scream; if your an experienced trainer, you'd be a great help. I don't know what's going on, but I don't care! I—can you help me?" The story intrigued Ash. There was only one answer he could come up with.

"Yes. Of course I will help you. If you can't help other people what can you do?" Ash responded. He did want to help the recorder. In anyway possible.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    A lot of things has happened fairly quickly. After the boy with the notes and the other one left, Maria was busy wandering to trainers and trying to calm them down, as it was giving her a headache hearing trainers yelling and bawling their eyes out. Chances were that many of the other trainers who managed to avoid doing so, were also annoyed by the noise. Most just ignored her, and others were going insane, fighting over Pokeballs, regardless of the fact they were completely empty.

It's already this late at night? Maria thought to herself, eying a clock placed on the wall above her. It was already almost midnight, actually.

Then, it happened. A shock wave was sent throughout the entire city of Viridian. Cars were flung, windows shattered, and people were tossed about as if they had no significance. Maria was about to leave, although the shock wave shattered all of the windows instantly and people were thrown about. Maria unfortunately was launched towards a wall, just being saved by a trainer who was there before her. Many were moaning all over, some had wounds and others were tossed outside of the Pokemon Center. Another unnatural event. It was if Arceus or whatever deity ruled over the Pokemon world was tormenting all of humanity slowly.

Getting up from the event after a minute or two, Maria had a headache bad enough that it felt as if her head was going to tear in two. So did many of the other ex-trainers. While some of the assistants in the center tended to people with more serious damage, Maria wasn't going to bother, in case another shock wave were to come. She had simply gone near in the cafeteria, eying what was to happen to people from inside the room. She wasn't that hungry, but as much as her mind nagged her, Maria had a gut feeling it was better off to wait and see what would happen.

A boy however came rushing into the Pokemon Center, crying for help. While he was explaining his situation to the pink-haired Nurse Joy at the counter, Maria examined his features and found out that he was the exact same boy from before who jotted down those notes. It didn't make a difference, as she had held no grudge against the boy or anything. It was just good to know people, in her mind.

Straining herself, Maria tried to focus on the conversation between the two. He had been told the only microphone was in the back room. However it had apparently been dismantled from the shock wave. Running into the cafeteria, he simply let out a cry for help.

"I need help over here!" the boy shouted. Maria didn't want to be in the Pokemon Center that much, it being too crowded if another strange occurance were to occur. She felt a force tugging her, probably the innocent, gentle part of her mind dragging her to help the boy. Maria wanted to resist it until now. All hell broke lose and it was just a feeling that the girl should help. Getting up, she walked over the boy.

"Um... I'll help. What you need from me?" Maria said. The girl did try to eavesdrop, but the ruckus from all the people panicking even more just made it harder and harder. In fact, half the time she was arguing with herself whether to help the boy or not, so she mostly just watched the scenario leading up to the boy entering the cafeteria and her being one of the first to try and help.

---

OOC: Sucky post probably. I might of gone out of character a bit, but I was in a rush and didn't want to be left behind or anything too much.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • London took Mike's hand and helped herself up and Mike also help her up too. London then said, "Yeah, some fresh air would be fantastic." SHe then gave Mike another smile. For some reason Mike liked it when London smile but really Mike hadn't been with anybody really except when he had to gain information or stay with a family that will help his research. Still Mike never got close to any of them or really just talk about regular things like a headache.

Mike then gave London a smile of his own and said, "Yeah, it would."

Mike was leading the way towards the main lobby which would have the exit to go outside when he couldn't help to notice a group had gather around a person. Still naturally Mike had his ear out for any information that could be figure out. Mike then heard from who ever was gathering the attention said, "I heard her scream; if your an experienced trainer, you'd be a great help. I don't know what's going on, but I don't care! I—can you help me?"

An experience trainer thought Mike. He was more then experience that for sure. Still the last thing he wanted to do was to leave London to do something like that. ALso Mike wasn't sure if he wanted to help this kid. He had no idea who this kid was nor this 'she' that he was speaking about but still the idea that somebody is in trouble worry Mike.

Mike then looked at London who he was hoping was following him, and said, "I wonder what is going on with him?"

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    AJ grinned, the cool evening air slapped his face, however it didn't sting and felt quite nice. The young boy wondered if he could go any faster, he was riding his new bike and it felt terrific. Not just twenty minutes ago he had fled his own house to find his family, which seemed to be absent from home. What IS going on? He asked himself as he watched his surroundings. Earlier that day he had heard about the pokemon crisis, he was a little disapointed since he never DID have one.

Around him he could see some people screaming at each other, accusing! Some people were even throwing punches, violence! People were complaining, people were rioting and people were panicing. The city was just full of sad, angry and very emotional people right now.

AJ didn't think that just since some pokemon went missing that it was okay to riot, or panic. Just a few pokemon, right? AJ tried to remember back to the news, was it all of them? The young boy frowned, this might be a problem. Was it his problem though? AJ just shook his head

AJ activated the break on his bike and got off, he then just let it fall to the ground. He began to walk towards a place of great commotion, the pokecenter. The center was filled with lots of young and old complaining trainers, all wrapped up and worried about their own pokemon troubles. AJ began to ask what exactly was going on, but no one would listen to him. Frustrated, AJ sat down on an empty couch and pouted. Why won't anyone anwser me?

AJ then noticed the newest commotion was coming from the cafeteria, he dashed over curiously. What was going on now? AJ stood at the cafeteria doorway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back