• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
  • Tsutaaja. It is the most aesthictically appealing imo. The other 2 are just... Ugh. But it's all good, I am more of a grass man anyways:p

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    Im going to wait and see what the evoloutions look like before i say which i would pick, they all seem so weird, i think that they shoul make pokes like they did in the old ays, not as abnormal looking.

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • Mijumaru will be my guy to start the adventure! But on the other hand, my friend is going to choose Tsutaaja! He said he wanted to beat my Mijumaru. Though it will never happen cause I'm more advanced in Pokemon games, Hahaha! :D

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I'll have to find out the gym types first. Remember Chikorita in G/S/C? It was USELESS in the first few gyms.

It depends on the availability of mons of the types. I've seen Chimchar picked a lot due to the lack of fire types in D/P.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • First impression on these starters - UGLY. But later I thought that the lizard doesn't look that bad.. I'm dissapointed by the water starter though.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • For once, it seems as if the Fire starter isn't the majority, about time! I'll be picking Mijumaru though, it's so darn cute, but I have a feeling it will have a badarse evolutionary line!

TehYoshiNinja

Back, again.
    Years
  • I love Pokabu ^^

I don't know, it's just... something new that hasn't been done before. I mean, Tsutaaja is a grass snake and all, but it looks too much like Treecko. And Mijumaru, as has been said so many times before, just looks like an ice-type furry Piplup. And I HATE the Sinnoh and, to a lesser extent, Hoenn starters. So, Pokabu's the one. Nice name as well. And if it evolves into a flying boar... my life will be complete XD

infernape85

I ARE AWESOME
    Years
  • Pokabu is EPIC!

I would stick with Pokabu, I always choose the fire starter, ALWAYS-
    I always wanted a fire breathing kitten, but a fire breathing piggeh is close enough! What's in this Pokabu? THERE'S FIRE IN IT! YOU LIE! Seriously, pokabu kicks you!

You know, pokemon are looking less "cute" these days, Now it looks evil, satanic, and dark... still its kickarse!

Last edited:

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • I am sick of people complaining on how un-pokemon the new ones look. Who are you to say that what the creators of pokemon make are not Pokemon enough for you? They are trying their hardest and its not easy to think up 600 or so unique ideas.

So far Im sticking with Pokabu and really curious where all the evolutions will lead.

Last edited:

infernape85

I ARE AWESOME
    Years
  • :P

I am sick of people complaining on how un-pokemon the new ones look. Who are you to say that what the creators of pokemon make are not Pokemon enough for you? They are trying their hardest and its not easy to think up 600 or so unique ideas.

So far Im sticking with Pokabu and really curious where all the evolutions will lead.

Im not saying they don't look "pokemon" enough, im saying they just look a lot more different than the originals. infact, i like the new looks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Pokabu FTW
    I'm new... started couple weeks-month ago...
    My first post i decided to put right...
    Here: Hi!

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I won't be picking until I see evolutions and secondary types, since there will most likely be one.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I think they got a little uncreative with Mijumaru because he looks a lot like piplup. =/

Pokemon1222

Grabbin some pillz!
    Years
  • Tsutaaja is for me, however it looks like it might be mischievous (the eyes look like a shifty dealer), Pokabu is cute and cool looking, however i dont see how a fire and a pig mix, unless Pokemon are referencing roasted pigs, i'm not sure, finally theres Mijumaru, this one is the least favorite of mine, but hey, it seems really adorable, kinda reminds me of my favorite pet, a guinea pig, even though its a otter, if i play through the game and find Tsutaaja is pretty weak, Mijumaru will be my second choice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    None, I'm trading in my Torchic or Cyndaquil (My two favorite starters)

MortyEcruteak

Pie is a color
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    I love the water one. I can't wait for a 3rd EVO. Just wondering did anyone else realize buizel was an otter too? at least i think?

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Ah... I dislike pokabu as it has reminds me of bacon.... Wait... If mijumaru sucks in completive play, Then i'll pick it. But no matter what.... Tsutaaja will be awesome, but if it turns into a dragon..... I will dance and dance and DANCE. I love dragons!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back