• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    yes i dont think many people will use grass mixer when energy ball and grass knot are available..

and i think the signature moves of the starters are far inferior to there 3rd gen counterparts..

and the lack of physical fire moves is something gamefreak needs to fix badly

Imo, "Grass Mixer", just sounds weak overall, ... well, at least that's what I initially thought. Then again, I'll be choosing Pokabu, so that shouldn't matter to me.

Agree and agree. I just hope these "signature moves" are actually just signatures for the basic stage of the starters - hopefully their final evolutions will have awesome signature moves. It's not inconceivable, considering that all three are fairly weak (well, maybe not Shell Blade).

Also while I'm thinking about it, does anyone else agree that moves that raise Speed are pointless? I mean, usually the Pokemon that learn moves like Agility are really fast already. Rock Polish is the exception to this, of course.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • considering balance in a team... i'd deffinately pick Tsutaja, simply because i'll be getting White version. I think... Gogizeru is the one in White? the Cell type? yeah, so regardless, the Grass, the Fire in Victini, the Psychic in Gogizeru, and the Electric in Zekrom. As far as water goes... probably Swana at this point. But now i'm getting into the Team i'll have! so i'll just leave it at, Grass sucked, until Treeko. This is a Treeko Clone. Thank god. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    I'm definitely going to go with Tsutaaja. I hope he's going to evolve into some epic dragon! (Not going to happen though)
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps calling it a Treecko clone. The only reason they keep getting compared, is the fact that they're both Grass type, they're both reptiles, they're both smug... nevermind. >.<
    ~SkullHydra

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm definitely going to go with Tsutaaja. I hope he's going to evolve into some epic dragon! (Not going to happen though)
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps calling it a Treecko clone. The only reason they keep getting compared, is the fact that they're both Grass type, they're both reptiles, they're both smug... nevermind. >.<
    ~SkullHydra

Well I think that makes more sense than the other clones, being Spoink/Grumpig/Cyndaquil and Piplup.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You're heading off-topic there, pokewalker. Stick to discussing the starters.

Years
  • if you are a fan of fire-typed pokemon, why do you have a avatar with a lapras, vapareon, mew (with wings?) and the sea? sorry, but that is weird

Hey! I dont only love fire pokemon, I love other pokemon too.

And I just think Pokabu is the best of these 3 starters.... :)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • >> Guess the shiny starter's colors game! <<

So basically what do YOU think the shiny starter's colors will be?

I'm guessing that Pokabu will be brownish-red
    Mijumaru will be greenish with light green
    Tsutaja will be purple-orange

Well, that's my guess, what about you?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with the starter discussion thread, since the "game" only relates to the starters, so it fits best here.

Also, betting on gold for Pokabu :)
    Dunno about the others. D:

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • I will most likely be choose The Sea Otter Pokemon. It's really cute and I'm prime to water pokemon and I always take the water starter.

ekul123

ummmm.....Umbreon?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    I am Definatly going to choose Tsutaja because i love his design,i hardly ever pick grass starters and he's so cool! But hes also cute in my opinion

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Ah fine *sigh*, but I was hoping to acctually have people guess the starter's colors!
    Doubt that will happen now cause the thread is already huge!

|
    v

I am going to choose Tsuutaja because I have not used a grass starter in a wile.

I will most likely be choose The Sea Otter Pokemon. It's really cute and I'm prime to water pokemon and I always take the water starter.

I am Definatly going to choose Tsutaja because i love his design,i hardly ever pick grass starters and he's so cool! But hes also cute in my opinion

See what I meant ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back