• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I must admit, I like Daikenki a lot more than I originally did. :/ I hated it. New artwork really helped out. But I'm still sticking to Tsutaja/Janobii/Jaroda in White because I have a nice, balanced team already put together. I'll grab Miju in Black.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I chose Pokabu in Black ... but once I get the English white version, I'll be choosing Tsutaja.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • Based on it's design I'm more than likely going to go with the grass starter. It's design reminds me of Treecko's from the third generation so that's pretty cool. :P

Years
  • On the Japanese game I chose Mijumaru just to have a first view of the game. When the European version comes out I will choose Pokabu because fire is not only my favorite type but also because I don't have any pokemon game that has any other type as a starter :b

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'll grab all 3 eventually. But Mijumaru's final evolution won the battle with me. And I was tired of the Fire/Fighting combo that I've seen for the 3rd gen in a row.

Mhm... the combo is boring, but at least it makes for strong Pokemon, which is what matters? Plus it kinda suits Emboar the most (other than dark...).

crystal286

Awesome Type Trainer
    Years
  • Tsutarja since it's evolutions are epic and since my brother is choosing it and I want to have the upper edge over him.

Not Pokabu since I don't like pigs much and it's evolutions don't amaze me.

Not Mijumaru since my brother is choosing it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I like Emboar because it just looks plain strong. It bothers me a little that it looks exactly what a cross beed between a Rhypherior and Magmortar would look like, but it is just a plain powerhouse, which is why I don't really mind that it is a Fighting/Fire.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tsutarja since it's evolutions are epic and since my brother is choosing it and I want to have the upper edge over him.

That's kinda unusual, since most people prefer Tsutaaja and think it is epic, rather than its evolutions. XD Same for me tbh, if I had to pick one out of the three, I'd choose Tsutaaja.~

Years
  • I voted for Tsutarja long ago before the release but I ended up taking Mijumaru. ;-;
    After the release and all, I think Mijumaru is a more thought out design than Tsutarja. I dislike how it just loses it's uniqueness of having feet and ends up being an original snake.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Definitely Mijumaru. And I actually liked it even before we got to see anime footage of it, which seemed to turn a lot of people's original dislike of it around.

I like all three starters though, definitely more than 3rd and 4th gen starters overall. Urgh, still hate Turtwig.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011

That's kinda unusual, since most people prefer Tsutaaja and think it is epic, rather than its evolutions. XD Same for me tbh, if I had to pick one out of the three, I'd choose Tsutaaja.~
    Lies! Lies! Lies!
    You said that you were going to pick Pokabu since its evolutions learned some water type move.. (Boiling water, or whatever it was called.) >_> Traitor. But Tsutaja is the best because it is the best it learns Leaf Blade. XD
    Before the games came out I was actually expecting the evolutions of Tsutaja to be dual-types. But it doesn't seem so. Snake = Poison was what I was expecting. =(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

You do realise I was talking about Tsutaaja's evolutions, not all the starters? XD;

(Since when in that post did I mention the starters?)

I'm sticking with Pokabu, yush, but... Tsutaaja is the best out of it and its evolutions. :x

Years
  • Lol, Tsutaaja is the only Pokemon whose evolution line I actually like. xD
    Even though it DID lose its originality by losing its arms and legs... :< But it isn't a HUGE disappointment to me, like Enbuoo and... *shudders* ...Daikenki. X_X

Even though I do like how Enbuoo can learn Boiling Water, I just don't think it would be worth evolving my Chaoboo. :x If/when I ever get Pokemon Black, I'll probably evolve my Mijumaru fully, since I don't really mind Daikenki all that much. I just really hate Enbuoo's design. xD

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • Emboar = most overrated starter evolution since Charizard.

Let's be honest here, because Emboar isn't exactly a shining star of the Pokémon starters. He has the worst speed, defense, and special defense out of the Gen V starters. Sure, he has great attack and special, but with his speed he's a sitting duck, and with his defense you'll always have your fingers crossed that he doesn't get knocked out before his turn to shine.

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
    Years
  • Mijumaru is my favorite!!!!
    Hes so simple but yet so awesome.
    But pokabu is my second fave.
    Dont really like the grass snake thing

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    I prefer Pokabu but I don't like its final form. But i prefer Daikeni the most out of the 3 final forms.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I honestly don't know which Starter I'm going to pick. I was so excited when info. from Black & White started getting leaked, but then I got disappointed when I saw the designs for the Starters, lol. I think all 3 of them and they're evolutions look kind of stupid. I don't want a fire piglet, the Isshu version of Piplup, or the Geico Gecko's cousin. I'll have to pick one though and I think I'm going to go with Mijumaru. Its final form, in my opinion, looks the least ridiculous. I don't care which one has the best stats, I pick what I like.

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    Ill probably be choosing Mijumaru, he reminds me of Piplup and Piplup is full of awesomeness! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back