• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Few suggestions, just so that your Swampert isn't stuck with all the HMs:

Tentacruel; it's got good special defense and can take the other two water HMs since sticking them on Swampert is a waste of...well, a Swampert.

Gorebyss; high special attack, so it could also put good use to those water HMs. If you prefer something less girly, then there's always Huntail, but you have to be able to trade to get these two.

Seadra/Kingdra; depending on whether or not you're limited by trading or not. Kingdra's an excellent addition and can resist electric, grass, and ice moves well. Your main concern is dragon type moves

Wailord; bulky waters are your friend.

Basically, I'm just trying to help prevent your Swampert from being an HM slave. You could always delete Dive and teach TM26 (Earthquake) to it once all the diving in the game is over with, you know. That's what I normally do. Lemme know if you were looking for something different.

Oh, about the movesets, I quite like them. It's only in-game, so they look fine to me. For Swampert, I usually have Ice Beam, Surf/Waterfall, Earthquake, Protect, but that's just me.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    ok i have a team here
    raichu
    sandslash

thats all i got i want to make a kanto/jhoto team any ideas?
    Um what game?You can get both of them in any Advance Gen Game.
    But I'll help you anyways.

If you are playing Leaf Green (sandslash isnt avalible in FR)
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Pidgeot
    *Ninetales
    *Lapras
    *Victorybell

If you are playing R/S/E
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Crobat
    *Vileplume/Breloom
    *Camerupt
    *Gyrados

*=May exchange for starter
    If you do put Crobat on you team put Breloom instead of Vileplum so you wont have 2 poisons.

Years
    My team for the Elite Four, still training Poliwhirl up, but she can already take the first two on.

34 Poliwhirl
    -Hypnosis
    -Focus Punch
    -Surf
    -Psychic

43 Venusaur
    -Cut
    -Razor Leaf
    -Leech Seed
    -Frenzy Plant

47 Graveler
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Strength
    -Explosion

50 Moltres
    -Fire Spin
    -Agility
    -Endure
    -Flamethrower

51 Articuno
    -Blizzard
    -Agility
    -Fly
    -Ice Beam

52 Zapdos
    -Thunder Wave
    -Thunder
    -Detect
    -Drill Peck

So I need some help developing better move sets for these guys that'll help me beat the Elite Four without being 20 levels higher than them. (Tell you the truth I really don't feel like trying to train that high right now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Poliwrath:

Submisson over Focus Punch. It's more reliable, but also has recoil damage. You might want to have him at level 40 at least.

Venusaur:

Go to the move deleter (Lavender Town, I think) and get rid of Cut and replace it with Toxic. Toxic + Leech Seed = deadly

Moltres:

Replace Fire Spin with Aerial Ace. It never misses and it's STAB.

The others seem fine to me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    My pokemon saphire team- OPEN TO ANY IMPROVEMENTS
    Gardevoir- lvl 55 Futre sight,Physic,Shadow Ball,Hypnosis
    Blaziken- lvl 70 Blaze kick,Sky uppercut,Earthquake,Slash
    Kyorge- lvl 56 Hydro pump,Surf,Ice beam,Thunder
    Metang- lvl 35 (want to evolve) Take Down,Confusion,Scary face,Forgot sorry
    Lairon- lvl 40 (want to evolve) Iron tail,Take down,Screech,Iron defense -Havent had the chance to tech it moves as i caught it lvl 40 in victory road :)
    Open to suggestions ;)

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Replace gardevoir with alakazam. It can run the same set with much more power and efficiency.

Add an electric type pokemon like manectric that can abuse thunder due to kyogre's rain.

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years
    If you don't want to replace Gardevior, then replace future sight with Thunder (This will take care of your electric needs, although it doesn't get STAB from it, it's sp atk is still satisfactory and you can combine it with Kyogre's Drizzle, as stated above).

I would get rid of Shadow Ball. This of course, is personal preferance, but Shadow Ball uses Atk power in generation III (which is ridiculous). Gardevoir can't make very good use of the move, even with a type advantage. I'd recommend Calm Mind instead. My Gardevoir uses a very similar moveset to this, and it hasn't failed me yet.

I recommend replacing Blaze Kick with Flamethrower (unfortunately, blaze kick still uses sp atk in generation III, so Flamethrower is more accurate and more powerful. You can get it at the game corner), I also recommend replacing Slash with Mirror Move (give the move tutor a heart scale and he'll teach it to him). Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, and Flamethrower could be all of your damage dealing moves that can sweep several types, and Mirror Move for "things happen".

I also recommend getting rid of either Kyogre's Surf or Hydro Pump. He doesn't need two water moves (Unless surf is there to get around). I'd recommend Rest (and have it hold a Chesto or Lum Berry).

Everything else seems fine so far. I hope this at least steers you in the right direction.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    If you don't want to replace Gardevior, then replace future sight with Thunder (This will take care of your electric needs, although it doesn't get STAB from it, it's sp atk is still satisfactory and you can combine it with Kyogre's Drizzle, as stated above).

I would get rid of Shadow Ball. This of course, is personal preferance, but Shadow Ball uses Atk power in generation III (which is ridiculous). Gardevoir can't make very good use of the move, even with a type advantage. I'd recommend Calm Mind instead. My Gardevoir uses a very similar moveset to this, and it hasn't failed me yet.

I recommend replacing Blaze Kick with Flamethrower (unfortunately, blaze kick still uses sp atk in generation III, so Flamethrower is more accurate and more powerful. You can get it at the game corner), I also recommend replacing Slash with Mirror Move (give the move tutor a heart scale and he'll teach it to him). Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, and Flamethrower could be all of your damage dealing moves that can sweep several types, and Mirror Move for "things happen".

I also recommend getting rid of either Kyogre's Surf or Hydro Pump. He doesn't need two water moves (Unless surf is there to get around). I'd recommend Rest (and have it hold a Chesto or Lum Berry).

Everything else seems fine so far. I hope this at least steers you in the right direction.
    No surf is not to get around you would be surprised how much that move pwns with kyorge :)
    I will add Magnetric into the team is that alright? (im gonna look now if it has alot of power)
    I will buy flamethrower, but i will not replace gardevoir for alakazam as i had gardevoir since the start, but i will replace shadow ball
    BTW i forgot where move tutor is in pokemon saphire
    Thanks for the info :)
    ScytherX

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Starting a new team in pokemon emerald.
    Planning to have this so far
    Blaziken
    Flygon
    (Need a sugestion for flying type)
    (Suggestiong for water type)
    (Suggestion for grass/electric)
    (Fightning/Psychic)
    Any advice on what to put for the gaps and where to find the pokemon?

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
    Starting a new team in pokemon emerald.
    Planning to have this so far
    Blaziken
    Flygon
    (Need a sugestion for flying type)
    (Suggestiong for water type)
    (Suggestion for grass/electric)
    (Fightning/Psychic)
    Any advice on what to put for the gaps and where to find the pokemon?

Water - Gyarados
    Grass - Vileplume?
    Electric - Magnaton? PLUSLE! :)
    Fighting - Medicham, Machamp/chop
    Psychic - Medicham, Azalkazam/Kadabra, Gardevour

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2012
    starting a new team on FireRed and i need sets for :

Steelix,Arcanine,Snorlax,Dragonite,Mewtwo,Raikou

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Water - Gyarados
    Grass - Vileplume?
    Electric - Magnaton? PLUSLE! :)
    Fighting - Medicham, Machamp/chop
    Psychic - Medicham, Azalkazam/Kadabra, Gardevour

Vileplumes got pretty bad stats from most of the other poke games i played so definetly not him Dx. id get a magneton but idk the location to find a magnemite :T. Machoke starts to be useless later on and id prob get a gardevoir if i could actually find a ralts :P

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I want to do a Solo run in Emerald, but I can't decide on 1 good Pokemon to go through the game with. Any suggestions?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Any starters are good, of course.

Ludicolo
    Swellow
    Mightyena
    Shiftry
    Gardevoir

All of those are catchable at the beginning (well, what evolves into them, I mean), but I find all of them very useful.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    SilverSmeargleSplatter said:
    Any starters are good, of course.

Ludicolo
    Swellow
    Mightyena
    Shiftry
    Gardevoir

Funny how that was the last question asked...anyway, yeah. I think those guys are good. You might also give Exploud a thought, too. Also, here are some catchable after the first gym (I'm listing final stages, though):

Aggron
    Crobat
    Hariyama
    Sableye
    Gyarados

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2009
    I'm trying to set up a ~dream team~ of sorts in Pokemon Emerald... Here's what I have so far:

Blaziken
    Sableye
    Luxray
    Exploud
    Smeargle

There's that last space that I don't know how to fill... Advice? Also, I have no idea about what movesets to use, so I'd appreciate some help with that too. :>

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    i'm kinda new to this, could someone help me make a team?(LG)
    I can get pokemon from r/s/e.

what am i suppose to have on a team? :P i threw pokemon away a long time ago but i want to get back into it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back