• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yo! I'm at about to go to challenge Koga, and I really need help with my team. This is my team so far. Thanks in advance... that is as long as I keep help :)

The Team Help Thread
    Lv. 32 - Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder

The Team Help Thread
    Lv. 28 - Take Down, Bite, Ember, Roar

The Team Help Thread
    Lv. 28 - Thunderbolt, Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

The Team Help Thread
    Lv. 28 - Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Rock Throw, Tackle

These are the contenders for my fourth slot...

The Team Help Thread
    Lv. 30 - Metronome, Mega Punch, Pound, Sing
    Spoiler:

[FONT=&quot]
    The Team Help Thread
    [/FONT] Lv. 30 - MALE - Headbutt, Snore, Rest, Yawn
    Spoiler:

[FONT=&quot]
    The Team Help Thread
    [/FONT] Lv. 30 - FEMALE - Headbutt, Snore, Rest, Yawn
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, if you want a big fat juggernaut, I suggest you go with Snorlax. :> Better for physical moves, and since 3/4 of your team is better off with special stats in that generation, I'd go for the Lax.

Also, you might wanna level up everyone else on your team. You'll need it, trust me. ;)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    SSS is right. I just recently defeated Koga in FireRed and, in the end, it came down to brute force. So, Snorlax is probably your best option. :)

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
    My recent Emerald playthrough which went seriously like planned got me this team, maybe you could help out for eventual big weaknesses, like always my main theme is 'Daddy gonna knock ya block' xD:

Blaziken Lv51
    Brick Breack
    Slash
    Strength
    Overheat

Skarmory Lv.51 (I actually had a struggle between Swellow with it's Endeavor, or should i replace Flygon with Swellow?)
    Steel Wing
    Spikes
    Agility
    Fly

Breloom Lv.51
    Mach Punch
    Strength
    Sky Uppercut
    Mind Reader

Flygon Lv.52
    Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Lanturn Lv.33 (Just training it with Exp. Share and i didn't do anything to its moveset exept add Surf, Giving an addition to the set would be apreciated) & (Should i switch him in with Manectric? Since it's a more agresive Pokémon?)
    Supersonic
    Surf
    Water Gun
    Spark

Last edited:

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Thanks for the help you guys :). Question though, what should I do about it's moveset, it kind of sucks... Also,if it makes any difference, which Snorlax is better? The Male, or Female?

@ Darker Shot: If your going for Electric, no, keep it Lanturn, it's more diverse with resistances, if your going for water though, I'd change it to Whishcash

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Female Snorlax just for lulz. Just kidding. The gender makes no difference, so whichever you have is perfectly fine. As for a set, here's a few suggestions:

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Toxic

Body Slam/ Double-Edge
    Rest
    Amnesia
    Curse

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Double-Edge
    Earthquake/Shadow Ball

Darker Shot, I'd go ahead and keep the Lanturn if you prefer something that can take some hits. Manectric is faster though, if you like the speedy ones.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Female Snorlax just for lulz. Just kidding. The gender makes no difference, so whichever you have is perfectly fine. As for a set, here's a few suggestions:

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Toxic

Body Slam/ Double-Edge
    Rest
    Amnesia
    Curse

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Double-Edge
    Earthquake/Shadow Ball

SSS, you are a god at PKMN. Sadly, I only have one of the TMs you've suggested.... But thanks anyways. I think I'll go with the 3rd one, when I can...

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    We all do...

Anyway, an overall question whats better, Pikachu or Jolteon? Also, any suggested moveset?

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    My recent Emerald playthrough which went seriously like planned got me this team, maybe you could help out for eventual big weaknesses, like always my main theme is 'Daddy gonna knock ya block' xD:

Blaziken Lv51
    Brick Breack
    Slash
    Strength
    Overheat

Skarmory Lv.51 (I actually had a struggle between Swellow with it's Endeavor, or should i replace Flygon with Swellow?)
    Steel Wing
    Spikes
    Agility
    Fly

Breloom Lv.51
    Mach Punch
    Strength
    Sky Uppercut
    Mind Reader

Flygon Lv.52
    Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Lanturn Lv.33 (Just training it with Exp. Share and i didn't do anything to its moveset exept add Surf, Giving an addition to the set would be apreciated) & (Should i switch him in with Manectric? Since it's a more agresive Pokémon?)
    Supersonic
    Surf
    Water Gun
    Spark

Like, where are you in-game? e_e

Volt/Water Absorb = ♥

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Anyone have any ideas for a good Golduck Movset? For a note, Golduck can't learn Psychic through the TM, but it can through breeding, I don't have the time though, so paase take that into consideration :). Thanks in advance!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Calm Mind
    Surf / Waterfall
    Toxic / Attract / Rest
    Ice Beam / Blizzard

Not much I can recommend on that one, I'm afraid. :/

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It's that Poliwrath or Seadra :/ I kind of have been limiting my captures, I don't like lot's of Pokemon.

Which would be better for an Electric type, Piakchu or Jolteon?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Oh on a Golduck....

Surf
    Hail (can he...?) - if no then switch to Shadow Ball
    Blizzard
    Toxic

Exactly what I taught to my friend....

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    But you have to consider the rest of the team if you add Hail. That and Golduck itself isn't an Ice-type, so he'd be stricken by Hail every turn as well. It can learn Hail, just to clarify.

edit; If the Golduck has Cloud Nine, it will be fine. Forgot about that ability...but still, the rest of the team isn't immune to it, I'm sure.

King!

better
    Years
    I'm thinking of restarting Emerald, and am going to choose either Torchic or Mudkip.

So, which should I choose, and why? And also, teh best movesets for both(final form)? Thanks!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Can't say about movesets, but strategy wise, they have about the same amount of advantages over gym types as the other one. So really, it's up to you. If you want advantages, I'd actually go for Sceptile.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I'm thinking of restarting Emerald, and am going to choose either Torchic or Mudkip.

So, which should I choose, and why? And also, teh best movesets for both(final form)? Thanks!

Swampert is probably the stronger of the two. A good in-game moveset for it would be...

- Surf
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Protect

Although, Blaziken is good too. I guess a good in-game moveset for it would be...

- Blaze Kick
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Aerial Ace/Earthquake
    - Bulk Up

I'd take this post with a grain of salt until SSS posts. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back