• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
  • I need some help with a team I'm considering putting together;

The Team Help Thread

The Team Help Thread

The Team Help Thread

The Team Help Thread

I need help with the two last spots, I was thinking of placing Jhoto pokemon but I might need to replace two for the Elite Four.

If you teach Earthquake to Onix and Shadow Ball to Flareon, then you'll only have to worry about Normal, Dragon & Dark (that is, as long as all your other Pokemon have at least one attack of their type). The last three types can be taken care of with a Fighting-type and either an Ice-type or a Dragon-type.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    So, I haven't been able to beat the elite four, and I'm looking to fill my final two spots.

Vaporeon [66]: Surf, Auroa Beam, Double-Edge, Hydro Pump
    Charizard [55]: Fly, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Overheat
    Victribell [60]: Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Razor Blade, Giga Drain
    Dragonair [51]: Shock Wave, Dragon Rage, Surf, Slam.

I'm willing to add just about anything, just let me know. Anyone think I should continue training Nidorino/Primeape?

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Evolve Dragonair at level 55. Get a lot of coins in the Game Corner and trade them in for the Ice Beam TM and replace Vaporeon's Aurora Beam.

As for the other two spots, they're not really necessary, but if you want something to have, I recommend Machamp or Hitmonlee for fighting Lorelei, and against Agatha, Alakazam would do you wonders, just make sure it's as high as the rest of your team because both Gengar and Kazam have high speeds, but I think Kazam can outspeed it. And remember that in this game, Shadow Ball is a physical attack, so KO Gengar with Kazam's Psychic as quick as you can. Arbok should be no problem for you.

Edit; Also, Thunderbolt is preferable for Dragonair/nite. It's accuracy isn't never miss like Shock Wave's, but at 100%, you should be fine. Much better base power, as well.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    Hey, thanks Smeargle!

Where would I be able to get a thunderbolt TM.

I did evolve dragonair :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd go for the TM. I wouldn't want to waste time training another Pokemon since it takes so long to get Dragonite. And it's a great Pokemon, too.

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    I just purified the shadow Togepi. Luckily, it had Serene Grace :D
    I traded it to Fire Red, then migrated it to Diamond, and evolved it into Togetic, then Togekiss.
    I gave Togekiss some Carbos and Calcium and took a look at the stats, and then I saw this:
    IT HAD HUSTLE!!!!
    WHAT THE HECK!>?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :(

Help me please! What can I do now? (Sadly, I SAVED when togetic became togekiss..... :( )

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    There's nothing you can do, that's the special Togekiss has.
    I had the same issue with my Dragonair, once it went to Dragonite it lost shed skin, I was pissed, too. But I can't change it.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • i need suggestions for my emerald team!!
    i could trade over some from fire red, but anyway yeah any suggestions are fine!cuz i have no clue who to train this time:\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh. I see. Well, by personal preference...

Blaziken
    Ludicolo/Kingdra
    Raichu/Manectric
    Shiftry/Vileplume
    Flygon
    Gardevoir

or...

Sceptile
    Swellow
    Aggron
    Magneton
    Wailord
    Ninetales

or...

Swampert
    Shiftry/Breloom
    Salamence/Flygon
    Alakazam
    Manectric
    Camerupt

Just potentials line-ups depending on the starter. Swap them around if you'd like, but those are my favorite picks from the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2009
    i can't seem to get past the elite four in leaf green here is my team please make comments on it

primeape lvl 44
    zapdos lvl 55
    charizard lvl 46
    nidoqueen lvl 47
    moltres lvl 51
    lapras lvl 48

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Try to get all those level 40's to at least level 50. Also, would you mind posting the moveset? At first glance, this team should have no problem taking down the E4.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I need some help with my Ruby team.

I just started with treecko and need some help picking the other team members

So far My final team looks like this:

1.Sceptile

2. Exploud

3. Flygon

4. Hariyama/Medicham/ decent fighting type

5. Crobat

6.--------

I'm not so sure about crobat in 5

I don't know what to put for 6

Any help would be very nice

Status
    Not open for further replies.