• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The term "black hole" is racist...

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
  • i must disagree, u c i live in the south & i hav seen ppl who r BLACK. probably cuz they stayed in the sun 2 long, or some melanin disorder or something, but they r indeed black. but yea they probably took things outta proportion.

I'd hate to argue about this, but it doesn't matter how long you stay out in the sun, nobodies skin can really be black. There's just no skin pigment that can absorb all the colors of light like that.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • When will these idiots learn that it's "Black Hole", not "Black Hoe", they take ANYTHING as racist and offensive anymore, cause they're idiots like that

as a result, every time I say "black hole", referring to astronomy or science fiction, he thinks it's "where the black people live", he can be quite vulgar and offensive half the time......

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • "Black hole" is not racist. A black hole is found in space, sometimes when a star of enormous size dies.

Can't say anything anymore without "offending" people. Makes me mad.

I feel sorry for those who speak Spanish, since "negro" is Spanish for the COLOR black, as in the color of the sky at night, certain PC keyboards, or the color you see when the lights go out.

I took Spanish class and the moment one of my classmates spotted the Spanish word for black, laughter broke out (grow up, people).

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Nuh-uh. You have to say 'rainbow sheep' now. >.<''
    Like you can't say blackboard anymore, and yet whiteboard is fine.

Nah, that whole rainbow sheep ordeal was just a myth. It was started by the sort of people who yell "IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!" at the TV. You know, Daily Mail readers.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • That's like saying disagreeing with Obama is racist when it really isn't.

I haven't heard of this until now but I don't think it's racist...

Seems like anything with the word "black" in it is considered racist.

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
  • I think its funny how only WHITE people can be racist. Black people have all these groups that are suppose to fight racism but i find it funny that they support their skin tone very proudly but if a white person does it they are declared racist. People are to easily offended now adays. My airsoft group can't have one match without a cop car driving past cause apparently anyone in camo with anything looking like a gun labels us as terrorist right? Are people blind of the orange tip on the things?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Double standards much? I know there's no real set deragatory term for white people, but whites these days are now expected to keep their traps shut and take whatever abuse any other race wants to give. On the other hand, I hear some black people constantly referring to each other as "n"-words. But these days I bet if you went to NYC or Chicago and said "black", regardless of context, you might get shot if you're white, and then if you live the shooter will go and sue you for racial slurring, and probably win the suit.
    The scenario was hypothetical, but the double standard illustrated in it. "Post-racial America"? BS if you ask me, it's just that the roles have been switched, and either way is no good.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    But really, who would want a card about Black Holes.

Flowers or Puppies are alright for me. :P

Back