• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    yeah , I guess its because my team were all sweepers ( excluding the lead ) , now using this Rotom as double screener is sweet , as brick break cant ruin Rotom's attempt =p

Actually, Brick Break still removes screens despite it not affecting ghost types.

Someone hasnt tested it
    =P

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    huh ? I didnt know that ..... I thought it cant hit like Rapid Spin being not able to hit ghosts lol

I tested this set of D_A:

D_A @ No Item
    Nature : Sexy Sick lol
    Ability : Big Mouth lol
    EVs : 999 awefulness xD
    -Struggle

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    huh ? I didnt know that ..... I thought it cant hit like Rapid Spin being not able to hit ghosts lol

I tested this set of D_A:

D_A @ No Item
    Nature : Sexy Sick lol
    Ability : Big Mouth lol
    EVs : 999 awefulness xD
    -Struggle

*awfulness

-points at blue username and rating on shoddy- i am still superior, heil me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    iirc , you're a bidoof weak :

Bidoof @ Choice Band
    Nature : Adamant
    Ability : Simple ( its Simple to beat everyone )
    EVs : 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
    -Superpower
    -Return

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Sub Charge Rotom is awesome, It's fun beating Blissey with it \o/
    Not mine. ;D With SpA EVs, Flamethrower breaks the Subs. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Although, the Pain Split variant is adsbjkdrygg.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Can we give the Bidoof references a rest?

anyways , to be serious .... Scizor got a powerful U-Turn ( good for the CB Set and the Scarf Set ) , I tried my CB Scizor's U-turn and it hits damn hard lol

Years
    I can't imagine how this is going to go. I mean, sure it's somewhat overpowered, but I can't see it moving up.

@VA - It's probably more accurate than the Offensive category, considering how easy it is to stop SD Scizor. It has a nack for opening up opportunities for a teammate to sweep. Not that I think it does that well enough to be considered.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Even considering Scizor for uber is dumb, im sorry but lol.

Its kinda like the slippery slope, first Garchomp was banned for (imo) silly illogical reasons and now people are bringing those same silly illogial definitions for why Scizor is uber. What it boils down to is that "i am not willing to adapt" pretty much.

If you cant find a scizor check/counter then might i suggest trying another tier/game lol ?

See this is why i think the majority of battlers on the ladder are awful and really why i dont trust suspect voting. :/

I can theorymon as to why salamence is uber just like that guy did. It sweeps most of the metagame with ease with its DD set and can set up other pokemon to sweep by wearing down dragon resists so other dragons can sweep.

Dugtrio and Magnezone fit the support characteristics too according to that.

TL;DR baseless theorymon <<practise.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I for one feel that all the Suspects in the Stage 3 (not the current one, the past one) balanced each other out. Latios, Latias, and Skymin checked Garchomp and Manaphy, Garchomp could potentially check Latias and Latios with a Choice Scarf set, etc...I found that metagame a lot more enjoyable than the one we have now. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind keeping both Manaphy and Garchomp in OU, as they'll eventually settle in just as Latias has (hell, Latias isn't even in the top 3, and if you consider Rotom-A, not even in the top 5).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Lol , why not Bidoof ? it owns Scizor with its Flamethrower

=/

I can't imagine how this is going to go. I mean, sure it's somewhat overpowered, but I can't see it moving up.

It's not really even overpowered at all. And really that's pretty misleading when you're talking about the support characteristic haha.

Even considering Scizor for uber is dumb, im sorry but lol.

Its kinda like the slippery slope, first Garchomp was banned for (imo) silly illogical reasons and now people are bringing those same silly illogial definitions for why Scizor is uber. What it boils down to is that "i am not willing to adapt" pretty much.

If you cant find a scizor check/counter then might i suggest trying another tier/game lol ?

See this is why i think the majority of battlers on the ladder are awful and really why i dont trust suspect voting. :/

I can theorymon as to why salamence is uber just like that guy did. It sweeps most of the metagame with ease with its DD set and can set up other pokemon to sweep by wearing down dragon resists so other dragons can sweep.

Dugtrio and Magnezone fit the support characteristics too according to that.

TL;DR baseless theorymon <<practise.

Cute Elf (but still ginger) is who I agree with. Except lol, Garchomp was a really effective offensive weapon. Scizor just spams U-turn. Didn't know that made something Uber lol.

I for one feel that all the Suspects in the Stage 3 (not the current one, the past one) balanced each other out. Latios, Latias, and Skymin checked Garchomp and Manaphy, Garchomp could potentially check Latias and Latios with a Choice Scarf set, etc...I found that metagame a lot more enjoyable than the one we have now. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind keeping both Manaphy and Garchomp in OU, as they'll eventually settle in just as Latias has (hell, Latias isn't even in the top 3, and if you consider Rotom-A, not even in the top 5).

IMO that's pretty hard to determine since both guys are way different than Latias. Though OU does adapt to things pretty well and the emtagame has stabilized tremendously over the months. It would be cool to see what Manaphy and/or Garchomp would do. But I agree, if they're anything like Latias, probably not much lol.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Yeah, I hope Scizor isn't going anywhere. In no way should its support characteristics be considered Uber...lol.

Also, looks like Alakazam has been brought down to UU. Think he'll stay there after testing? :O

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Hi I'm countered by Rotom, Zapdos and Gyarados. And Heatran, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Swampert, Starmie, Gliscor and Magnezone all check me. I'm beaten by 11 of the top 20 OU pokes I'm so uber lol.

Based on that D/P Gengar would be Uber.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I dont really know how STarmie 'checks' Scizor seeing as the first move it uses is UTurn every battle.

CBArbox makes a great counter as Fire Fang OHKOes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back